FREE SPIRIT CONSTRUCTION INC

With Angi since June 2006

2200 ROBERTS ST

Muskegon, MI 49444

Free Spirit Construction is a family owned and operated roofing company. We have been serving the roofing needs of all of West Michigan and beyond since 1979. We specialize in roof repair, roof replacement, vinyl siding & repair, windows and roof cleaning. If you have problems with your existing

09/29/2015

Susan L.

Description of Work
Free Spirit construction removed two layers of shingles and replaced plywood sheeting in a couple places, and installed CertainTeed shingles. |They were on time, very professional, and did a wonderful job of cleaning up when they were done. We would highly recommend them.

Category roofing, siding

07/21/2015

Cecil P.

Great!

Description of Work
Roof on a shed

06/30/2015

Carrie M.

10/23/2014

Mark V.

Description of Work
new roof

07/08/2014

Elizabeth L.

Description of Work
My roof was at least 35 years old and had many layers on it. Free Spirit came and took all the old layers off and replaced some of the wood which was rotten and gave us a beautiful roof with very nice clean gutters. They forgot one little patch which is impossible to see but after I spoke w/them they came out immediately and repaired that part. |A great job and would recommend them to anyone!

06/28/2014

Gundula S.

Description of Work
They never returned my phone call (I needed a new roof). Professionals return customer calls even when they are extremely busy.

06/18/2014

Jennifer F.

Description of Work
So far , so good. Very kind customer service . Waiting for more finished job .

06/02/2014

Patrick C.

They did an excellent job!

Description of Work
They replaced the rubber conduit on my carport and porch.

04/28/2014

Douglas R.

Category roofing, siding

01/06/2014

Lily S.

I am waiting for the weather to get better for them to start the job. The guy who came over to give the bid was the owner and he was very good about explaining things and what he was going to do. I like people who explain what they are going to do, why they are doing it and how they are doing it rather than people who just give a bid and walk out. They will come back to do the job once the weather clears.

Description of Work
Free Spirit Construction Inc gave me a quote for a complete tear off and installing a new roof.

07/08/2013

Geraldine J.

I think they were very thorough. I knew some of the products that I want used and they said it was no problem. They suggested the same roof that I had done research on. I had an awful lot of wind and shingles blew off last winter and so I knew I needed a good roof that would withstand wind, which is the one I chose. It was the owner of the company that came and I found them to be very easy to work with. He didn't come back after he initially came and talk to me. He sent a bid in the mail but I talked to him on the phone.

Description of Work
I signed a contract with Free Spirit Construction for a new roof.

06/28/2013

Brian S.

When Larry came out to give me a quote I was pleased that he seemed to know his business well, and did not resort to "running down" other companies to attempt to get the job. His price seemed fair after getting a total of 3 quotes - one from him and 2 others. Others who quoted the job were more like typical salesmen and were uncomplimentary toward other roofers. This did not impress me. Also the highest quote I got was from someone who was using the lowest rated shingles in a leading consumer magazine. I do my homework. The guys worked from 10:00 a.m. one day to about 4:00 p.m. the next day and the job was completed. Removal of the old roof went well - no wood needed to be replaced, however we did get some tar streaks and scratches on our aluminum siding from the old roofing falling. The guys did use some sheets of plywood to protect the house, but it evidently wasn't quite enough. I still have some cleanup to do. This is my only criticism - I wish they had taken just a little more time and care during tear off. The yard and areas surrounding the house were cleaned up well enough that I was able to mow my lawn before the second day of work. They placed water and ice shield along the edges and in valleys and in possible problem areas. They also put Rhino roof underlayment over all other areas and then shingled. The roof looks very nice. I did call them back to fix some minor things that I wasn't completely happy with, but they complied immediately and without complaint. The workers were very friendly when I spoke to them, but kept to their work pretty intently. Ray was friendly and happy to answer my questions and to return when I expressed minor concerns. I am pleased with the job and relieved that I don't have to think about a roof again for many years.

Description of Work
Tore off old house, garage and shed roof and replaced with architectural style shingles.

04/23/2013

Melissa K.

Great! The guys arrived around 8 a.m., got straight to work and were finished by lunchtime. They did everything they said they would, including clean-up. There were a few finishing touches that needed to be done after the original job; trim some shingles on the corners and tightening of the fascias, which was done quickly and without complaint. I am very pleased with my beautiful new roof. The crew was friendly, efficient and professional. Thank-you!

Description of Work
My old roof was removed and new roof was installed.

07/26/2012

Deb S.

Awesome company to deal with. Prices great, workers care about the job they have just completed. The thing that impressed me was they completed the job last night and didn't leave until we inspected the completed job and we were satisfied. Definately a company that you can talk to, work with and get a great job completely at a great price. Before starting this project we checked out a total of 3 companies. Free Spirit had the best price and was actually more than 1/2 the price of another estimate.

Description of Work
Removed the old wood siding and soffits and facia boards.

Category siding

10/30/2011

Ross A.

Prompt estimate and work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

05/26/2011

EDWARD B.

THEY DID AN GREAT JOB, DID THE JOB IN ONE DAY, CLEAN UP VERY NICELY, THE MEN WERE EASY TO TALK TO.

Description of Work
REMOVE OLD ROOFING AND HAUL AWAY, REPAIR ROOFING DECK,DRIP EDGE AND NEW ROOFING,PLUS RIDGE VENT. PLUS INSTALL NEW GUTTERS IN BACK OF HOUSE.

10/14/2010

Joe D.

The quote process was fine. They were very prompt. We received the estimate within a couple days.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate on a roofing job.

06/24/2010

Candace Y.

We had them back because we liked them. We always get three quotes and they gave us a competitive price and stuck with it.

Description of Work
Free Spirit Enterprises did a lot of the roofing on our additions at various time.

07/16/2007

Pamela Z.

I must say that Free Spirit was a very professional company. They did great. Everything had worked out just fine and I am very pleased. They cleaned up after themselves and everything. They did not leave any debris behind either. They just basically went about their business in a professional manner and worked right along.

Description of Work
Free Spirit did a complete tear off and replaced the roof on my three bedroom home.

06/28/2006

JEAN B.

THEY WERE VERY CLEAN WHILE THEY WORKED. THE WORKERS CAME AND WORKED ON THE ROOF UNTIL IT WAS COMPLETED. I AM SO PLEASED WITH THE WORK THAT I CAN'T STOP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT THEM.

Description of Work
THEY TOOK THE OLD ROOF OFF AND PUT A BRAND NEW ONE ON.

Premier Roofing Exteriors

Our West Michigan roofing company has built a superb reputation for high-quality roof repair and roof tear-off/replacement installation work that withstands West Michigan’s roughest weather. Our team of project managers and highly trained estimators work hard to create the right solution for your home. We offer a wide range of roofing products, including lifetime shingles, impact-resistant shingles, metal, cedar, and slate roof options. We also offer vinyl and wood siding plus vinyl replacement windows.

Markin Co.

Locally owned company, with owners that have over 30 years of experience in the industry. Specializes in doors, windows, siding, and roofing. Products sold by Markin Co are environmentally friendly and innovative.

Offers Coupon

Armored Roofing & Construction

Armored Roofing & Construction is a family-owned company in Michigan that is founded on the principles of craftsmanship and quality. We have decades of experience and if it does not have to do with fortifying your home with world class quality, we don’t do it! Armored is your strongest partner in construction.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

We offer the following services: Flat and shingle roof repair & installation, siding repair & installation, window installation, metal fabrication, metal roof installation and insulation installation.