Kish Masonry

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2012

Milan, MI 48160

Affordable Reliable Trustworthy! Customer Recommended Masonry & Concrete Services - Specializing in Repairs - Serving Ann Arbor and Surrounding Areas - Over 19 years experience in the business....

10/26/2017

CHERYL M.

Kevin is a very nice person. Very good to deal with. Very informative. He found problems we didn't know we had and repaired them perfectly. My only regret was that I didn't get a hold of him sooner because the first person we used didn't fix the problem.

Description of Work
Window leak repair

02/23/2017

Gerald C.

Kevin undertook the work during a warmish spell in January 2017, and was able to start work within a few days. The whole process took about a week, with a couple of days off due to a cold snap. I am really pleased with the result, and Kevin and his guys were a pleasure to work with. He also did some minor repairs to our fireplace which he didn't charge for. Only (minor) criticism was they left the clean-up tot the end, so we had rubble scattered around for the whole work period. However, when complete they cleaned everything up really well and I have no complaints. I would definitely use him again, in fact I probably will as I have another chimney to take care of which is not so bad and smaller - he's coming back end of summer to do it. He's also a really, really nice guy.

Description of Work
Rebuild Chimney from Roof Line. The original structure had no "lip" on the cap and water had seeped in over the years, spalling had been evident for years - with chunks of brick littering the roof. The only option to fix was a rebuild - the decision really was did I need to have the whole structure torn down or could we rebuild from the roof line.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

08/12/2016

dawn D.

Kish Masonry did a fantastic job. Very well pleased! On time, good fair price and quality job(s) done. Will hire them again

Description of Work
we had a front porch repaired with new brick, two concrete slabs poured for outdoor sheds and masonry tuck pointing.

Category concrete repair,decks,masonry

02/05/2016

Daniel M.

We had a warm spell and Kevin Kish was willing to do our chimney in 5 days while others declined to do the work until spring. Therefore, we are able to move forward to have our roof replaced now instead of waiting until spring. Kevin was very responsive, always courteous and significantly less costly than other bids we received. He has a great interpersonal manner, very courteous, and did quality work on time as promised.

Description of Work
Rebuilt our chimney from roof up prior to re-roofing to be done.

Category masonry,chimney repair

01/12/2016

Ann H.

It was terrific. Kevin was very responsive and came out to give me an estimate. I described the problem and he spent quite a bit of time analyzing it. (I had peeling paint in an upstairs bedroom from water getting inside and some brick movement on the the fireplace surround.) He set up an appointment to do the work and arrived on schedule. He set up scaffolding on one day and did the work the next. He is very helpful, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
He replaced missing mortar in upper part of chimney, caulked between chimney and siding, inspected chimney cap and flashing, adjusted soffits that had moved away from edge of roof.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

08/29/2015

Gordon G.

This project with Mr. Kevin Kish was the easiest and most pleasant contracting experience we have EVER had! He is knowledgeable, creative and practical. He told us what he would do, he did it, and he did it well. We really appreciate Kevin's commitment to individualize his projects and, for sure, to satisfy his customers. In short, we strongly recommend this provider.

Description of Work
rebuild front porch and steps and landing in colored stamped concrete

Category concrete repair,decks,masonry,stamped concrete

07/23/2015

Eileen F.

We were very pleased with the outcome and the quality of our new patio. Although small, it gives us the additional space we were looking for. Kevin was very thoughtful about the work and the design. Would call them again and recommend!

Description of Work
Installed new paver patio.

04/01/2015

Jim B.

I called and left a message for them on Friday 3-17-15 regarding an estimate to replace my driveway and look at my chimney. I did not get a call back so I called and left another message on Saturday 3-18-15. It is now Wednesday 4-1-2015 and I still have not received a call back. I verified that I was calling the correct number which is 734-531-8680. I'm not sure what the problem is but I think it's time for me to move on. I would be happy to talk with the contractor if he would like to call me.

Description of Work
Nothing. See below.

Category concrete driveways

[member name removed], Thank you for your comments and your review. I apologize for your missed phone call. My records show that, to date, one call was made on '3/28/15 9:35 AM' from a [member name removed]. I use Google Voice to record all my incoming/outgoing calls made through my business line as well as online records for every voicemail left. You may need to confirm the number that you were calling. As of 3/28/15 9:35 AM, i have on record, only one received phone call with a your voicemail included. No work was done so i do believe that the 'Work Completion Date' posted is invalid. I will provide the appropriate department at Angie'sList with a copy of that dated call and voicemail transcript record. I am one man working as hard as i can to provide my clients with a quality service. I receive numerous calls per day, i try my best to call back or return calls after each days work, if time permits it. The calls and messages left from other callers may have just pushed yours back a bit farther than a days worth of call backs. I had to search for the name through all the client voicemails left since the above stated date. Again, i apologize for your missed call. I do appreciate your comment and your review. Please have yourself a great week. Kish Masonry

10/30/2014

Adam C.

Excellent work. Kevin worked with our very basic idea and designed something that was a true enhancement to our home - a combination of brick and concrete slab that replaced some wood platform steps. They completed the demolition of the existing steps, and dug out footings that were approximately 4' deep. The footing design was well-thought out and well-constructed. Clean up was very thorough. Masonry work is always subject to the whims of the weather, but Kevin and his team completed the project within a very reasonable time. They were also a pleasure to deal with. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Installed a new brick and concrete entry to our home

09/23/2014

Grace Y.

Kevin and his assistants (Paul and Keith) did an excellent job of pouring the new concrete. The height, sides, and corners were perfectly aligned. They spent quite a bit of time finishing the surface and even waited in the driveway after dark until the concrete had hardened sufficiently to do the work. They came back the next day to remove the forms and clean up the yard. I was impressed by the physical labor required to remove the old concrete and lay the new. I especially appreciate Kevin's willingness to talk through some initial communication glitches due to a much larger job he was also doing at the time. He's a good guy.

Description of Work
Removed two concrete front porch steps (3' wide) and the sidewalk at the bottom; poured concrete for two new steps (5' wide to match the width of the porch) and expanded the sidewalk at the bottom.

Category concrete repair,masonry

Mr. Mason LLC

Mr. Mason LLC is a family owned and operated masonry company. We are a fully licensed and insured company. Mr. Mason LLC continues to maintain current workman’s compensation and liability insurance. Mr. Mason LLC specializes in residential masonry restoration. We here at Mr. Mason LLC strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction! Through friendly and prompt customer service, as well as quality projects built to withstand the harsh elements of Michigan winters. From Chimney rebuilds to simple tuck-pointing, each project is addressed with the same care and compassion. While having 30+ years of combined experience restoring homes in the metro Detroit area, Mr. Mason LLC currently employs only 10-15 skilled employees. Mr. Mason LLC Accepts only the highest quality craftsmanship from our masons and trusted workforce. Mr. Mason LLC has remained small enough to care without lacking production, quality and safety.

Omega Construction of Michigan LLC

Omega Construction of Michigan LLC With over 72 years of experience serving the Ann Arbor and surrounding areas, Omega Construction of Michigan, LLC is your solution for all your roofing, construction, siding, waterproofing, remodeling, masonry and chimney needs. Omega takes great pride in our extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. We make sure to develop a lasting relationship so that the next time service is needed there will be no question on who to call. Your satisfaction guaranteed! Give us a call today, we are happy to help you with your project and look forward to talking to you.

Offers by Omega Construction of Michigan LLC on Angi
    Foundation Solutions 360

Free home inspections, financing available. (5 yrs Int. Free). Veteran Owned and operated. We specialize in basement waterproofing, foundation repair and crawl space encapsulation.

Within a reasonable distance of business location.
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

Chimney Construction & Repairs, Fireplace Construction & Repairs, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Caps, Foundations, Water Proofing, Walkways, Concrete Driveway, Porches, Stairs, Brick Repair, Block, Stone, Glass Block, Pavers, Concrete & Demolition