Kish Masonry

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2012

Milan, MI 48160

Affordable Reliable Trustworthy! Customer Recommended Masonry & Concrete Services - Specializing in Repairs - Serving Ann Arbor and Surrounding Areas - Over 19 years experience in the business.

10/26/2017

CHERYL M.

Kevin is a very nice person. Very good to deal with. Very informative. He found problems we didn't know we had and repaired them perfectly. My only regret was that I didn't get a hold of him sooner because the first person we used didn't fix the problem.

Description of Work
Window leak repair

02/23/2017

Gerald C.

Kevin undertook the work during a warmish spell in January 2017, and was able to start work within a few days. The whole process took about a week, with a couple of days off due to a cold snap. I am really pleased with the result, and Kevin and his guys were a pleasure to work with. He also did some minor repairs to our fireplace which he didn't charge for. Only (minor) criticism was they left the clean-up tot the end, so we had rubble scattered around for the whole work period. However, when complete they cleaned everything up really well and I have no complaints. I would definitely use him again, in fact I probably will as I have another chimney to take care of which is not so bad and smaller - he's coming back end of summer to do it. He's also a really, really nice guy.

Description of Work
Rebuild Chimney from Roof Line. The original structure had no "lip" on the cap and water had seeped in over the years, spalling had been evident for years - with chunks of brick littering the roof. The only option to fix was a rebuild - the decision really was did I need to have the whole structure torn down or could we rebuild from the roof line.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

08/12/2016

dawn D.

Kish Masonry did a fantastic job. Very well pleased! On time, good fair price and quality job(s) done. Will hire them again

Description of Work
we had a front porch repaired with new brick, two concrete slabs poured for outdoor sheds and masonry tuck pointing.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

02/05/2016

Daniel M.

We had a warm spell and Kevin Kish was willing to do our chimney in 5 days while others declined to do the work until spring. Therefore, we are able to move forward to have our roof replaced now instead of waiting until spring. Kevin was very responsive, always courteous and significantly less costly than other bids we received. He has a great interpersonal manner, very courteous, and did quality work on time as promised.

Description of Work
Rebuilt our chimney from roof up prior to re-roofing to be done.

01/12/2016

Ann H.

It was terrific. Kevin was very responsive and came out to give me an estimate. I described the problem and he spent quite a bit of time analyzing it. (I had peeling paint in an upstairs bedroom from water getting inside and some brick movement on the the fireplace surround.) He set up an appointment to do the work and arrived on schedule. He set up scaffolding on one day and did the work the next. He is very helpful, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
He replaced missing mortar in upper part of chimney, caulked between chimney and siding, inspected chimney cap and flashing, adjusted soffits that had moved away from edge of roof.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

08/29/2015

Gordon G.

This project with Mr. Kevin Kish was the easiest and most pleasant contracting experience we have EVER had! He is knowledgeable, creative and practical. He told us what he would do, he did it, and he did it well. We really appreciate Kevin's commitment to individualize his projects and, for sure, to satisfy his customers. In short, we strongly recommend this provider.

Description of Work
rebuild front porch and steps and landing in colored stamped concrete

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, stamped concrete

07/23/2015

Eileen F.

We were very pleased with the outcome and the quality of our new patio. Although small, it gives us the additional space we were looking for. Kevin was very thoughtful about the work and the design. Would call them again and recommend!

Description of Work
Installed new paver patio.

06/17/2015

Diane H.

Category masonry

Thank you for your review and rating. I do keep a record of all transactions and communication related to my business. Since your review, i have gone over all the work orders, finances, voicemail and calls made to the business number from your area, on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, we have to this date, no record of any calls or work done for '[Member name removed]' in Woodhaven, MI. Please give me more information regarding the work you reviewed as being done for you. You are welcome to call my business number (734) 531-8680, or send me an email: kish.masonry@gmail.com. I do appreciate you taking the time to create a review on Angie's List. I value all my clients, your input and suggestions are important. Every interaction helps to build and enhance the customer service skills of my small local business. Your satisfaction is important to me. Please have yourself a great week and stay warm. Kish Masonry

04/01/2015

Jim B.

I called and left a message for them on Friday 3-17-15 regarding an estimate to replace my driveway and look at my chimney. I did not get a call back so I called and left another message on Saturday 3-18-15. It is now Wednesday 4-1-2015 and I still have not received a call back. I verified that I was calling the correct number which is 734-531-8680. I'm not sure what the problem is but I think it's time for me to move on. I would be happy to talk with the contractor if he would like to call me.

Description of Work
Nothing. See below.

Category concrete driveways

[member name removed], Thank you for your comments and your review. I apologize for your missed phone call. My records show that, to date, one call was made on '3/28/15 9:35 AM' from a [member name removed]. I use Google Voice to record all my incoming/outgoing calls made through my business line as well as online records for every voicemail left. You may need to confirm the number that you were calling. As of 3/28/15 9:35 AM, i have on record, only one received phone call with a your voicemail included. No work was done so i do believe that the 'Work Completion Date' posted is invalid. I will provide the appropriate department at Angie'sList with a copy of that dated call and voicemail transcript record. I am one man working as hard as i can to provide my clients with a quality service. I receive numerous calls per day, i try my best to call back or return calls after each days work, if time permits it. The calls and messages left from other callers may have just pushed yours back a bit farther than a days worth of call backs. I had to search for the name through all the client voicemails left since the above stated date. Again, i apologize for your missed call. I do appreciate your comment and your review. Please have yourself a great week. Kish Masonry

10/30/2014

Adam C.

Excellent work. Kevin worked with our very basic idea and designed something that was a true enhancement to our home - a combination of brick and concrete slab that replaced some wood platform steps. They completed the demolition of the existing steps, and dug out footings that were approximately 4' deep. The footing design was well-thought out and well-constructed. Clean up was very thorough. Masonry work is always subject to the whims of the weather, but Kevin and his team completed the project within a very reasonable time. They were also a pleasure to deal with. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Installed a new brick and concrete entry to our home

09/23/2014

Grace Y.

Kevin and his assistants (Paul and Keith) did an excellent job of pouring the new concrete. The height, sides, and corners were perfectly aligned. They spent quite a bit of time finishing the surface and even waited in the driveway after dark until the concrete had hardened sufficiently to do the work. They came back the next day to remove the forms and clean up the yard. I was impressed by the physical labor required to remove the old concrete and lay the new. I especially appreciate Kevin's willingness to talk through some initial communication glitches due to a much larger job he was also doing at the time. He's a good guy.

Description of Work
Removed two concrete front porch steps (3' wide) and the sidewalk at the bottom; poured concrete for two new steps (5' wide to match the width of the porch) and expanded the sidewalk at the bottom.

Category concrete repair, masonry

09/22/2014

Steven H.

Excellent work with daily cleanup over a couple weeks. Very nice guy with experienced crew and required no supervision. Job was completed as expected in timeframe expected. At final cleanup, even cleaned out our gutters since he was clearing the roof.

Description of Work
Demo and rebuild two chimneys, demo and reface portions of house, repoint entire house, reset sills and caulk, replace sidewalk concrete pad, seal brickwork for entire house, reflash roofing around new chimneys (subbed).

Category concrete repair, masonry, chimney repair

07/17/2014

Joyce K.

His work looks beautiful, he was prompt and efficient, and all for a good price. We were amazed.

Description of Work
Fix brick and do tuck pointing, pour 1 sidewalk panel, fix masonry around pipe in basement, fix iron headers

06/18/2014

Kelly L.

Description of Work
We used Kevin to replace the brick on our fireplace. He was very professional; had very good ideas, and very affordable. My husband is the pickiest man alive sometimes. He liked Kevin so much that we've asked him to do another job for us!

10/19/2013

Rachel K.

Excellent work.

Description of Work
repair small stucco area on side of house

06/28/2013

sherry M.

Kevin came out within a day of my sending an e-mail over Angie's list. He is so personable and is very invested in his business! He spent a couple of hours with us talking about the job and we asked him about other potential work we could do on the property. He left that first evening and I knew he was our man. He told us exactly what he was going to do and he did it, quickly and cleanly. When they got into our chimney and took off the cement facade, they found that when the previous owners had taken the flat roof house and raised a pitched roof, they didn't take they chimney down, they just built on top of the old one - in a different colored brick and on top of the existing crown! That must have been the reason the previous owners patched over it! Kevin and Keith took it down and matched the brick to the fireplace brick inside the house and it looks great! Can't wait to have them back to do some other work for us at the front door! I have already recommended them to a friend and wouldn't hesitate to do it, again!

Description of Work
Contacted Kevin about a needed chimney repair. Previous owners had patched the chimney with a cement overlay which was crumbling onto the roof. We knew the chimney needed to come down and be rebuilt.

06/02/2013

Dan & Linda W.

The work was well done. The contractor contributed a lot of ideas to my plan that added to the finished product.

Description of Work
New floor on front porch; sidewalk in back yard; pavers on patio

05/13/2013

meg F.

Kevin and his crew did a great job. Kevin came on his own to give me the estimate which was right in line with some of the others I had gotten. Kevin was professional and kind and curteous. As a single woman, I always felt completely safe with Kevin's crew around and I felt that I did not need to be there if I could not be there. Kevin and his workers showed up on the first day when they said they would and got to work. The guys on the crew worked well together and always showed me great respect. It was obvious that Kevin knew what he was doing as he would tell me what he thought would be best for the project and why. In comparison to some of the other guys that had quoted me, Kevin knew what he should do and could explain to me why, unlike some of the other contractors. Kevin even did a few extra things that w'ere really add ons at the last minute. He charged me for these things but only when I insisted that he do so. Kevin finished up on time, kept focused to the project, cleaned up thoroughly, and was nothing but curteous in every way. There is NO doubt that I would hire Kevin again. Oh, by the way, the porch and driveway look GREAT and people are often complementing them on their walks through the neighborhood. -MF

Description of Work
My 1952 home had a cement porch on it that was crumbling at the foundation level and had a crack around the perimeter of the top slab. I also had concrete in the driveway that was uneven and severely broken up/uneven. Kevin removed the old porch and the old concrete from the driveway. He then replaced the driveway and the porch. He put up my old columns and secured them with protective molding to the porch. While he was there, he also repaired some brick work I had done a few years prior. This brick work was done by a landscaper several years ago who I was not pleased with. Kevin and his crew repaired the bricks pathway which had been poorly designed and laid.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, masonry

04/27/2013

Mike G.

Emailed Kish masonry and was called within 24 hours. He came to my home in the winter time and gave a price far below what others were charging me. I hired Kevin and before I hired him, he even told me that he might not be able to match the brick because the age of the house. He came eventhough the weather was bad( some rain), he put a tarp up and got to work. He was even able to match the brick!!!!! He ONLY REPLACED WHAT WAS NEEDED!!!. Other contractors wanted to remove half of my chimney!!! Very pleased with his work. The ONLY issue I had was that when he was replacing the brick he had a helper do some tuckpointing in other areas of the chimney and house and u can tell the difference. Kevins was neat and can hardly tell it was repaired. I am still happy with it.. I even hired Kevin 4-26-13 to fix our block porch that had 2 blocks that needed replacing at our rental house. So i know i can trust him to do a quality job.

Description of Work
Chimney repair (brick falling off), chimney cap replace, tuckpointing (i think thats what its called)

03/29/2013

Ginette G.

Kevin is very knowledgeable, friendly, and seems to truly care about his craft. He outlined the whole process step by step, the estimate was spot on and he started right away. We will call him again if we need further work done.

Description of Work
Porch repair and new porch construction.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

03/04/2013

Larry C.

KISH MASONRY did exactly what we asked him to do and he did an excellent job otherwise, we could have probably been looking at thousands of dollars. He did a wonderful job. His crew was great. They were polite, courteous and very nice. When they came, the weather was very bad so they came depending on the condition.

Description of Work
They repaired all of the dislocated bricks, the morder that was missing and they had to re-brick some areas.

08/22/2012

Debbie S.

Kish Masonry was great to work with. Kevin communicated with us as needed while doing the work. All jobs were completed in a timely manner and look great ! We would use Kish Masonry again.

Description of Work
Paver brick repair, cleaning and sealing; porch repair; foundation sealing; and concrete repair.

Category concrete repair, masonry, foundation repair

07/06/2012

David H.

The overall project looks great. Kish worked through some very bad heat (100 + degrees out remember the 4th of July) and some very bad downpours. That is punctuality - they had to stop working to avoid problems with rain and excessive heat. Even with that they came out and got the job done. This is a small repair job sometimes the hardest stuff to get contractors to work on. They took the time to detail the covering on the foundation so it looks uniform and consistent. Probably the thing I liked the best is the time they took to clean up after they were done. They picked through the grass to make sure there were not chucks of mortar or coating. They made sure the driveway was clean.

Description of Work
Foundation repair. Structure was falling apart and appeared to have been damaged by water and ice. I needed the block removed and replaced. The footer examined for repair needs and then recover all the block with a stucco type surface.

06/09/2012

Melissa D.

We sent an e-mail request to Kish Masonry on May 13 for an estimate. Kevin Kish contacted us and set up an appointment for the next week. He came to the house at the appointed time and discussed the work to be done. He gave us and estimate and a date he could start the work. A week later, he showed up as planned, with a helper and promptly started the demolition. Over the next several days Kish perforned the desired repair and produced a beautifully masoned brick porch for us. Work was completed by June 2. His brick and cement work are both very precise and very well done. He also maintained a clean work area on our property. Throughout the process, Kish was friendly, polite, professional and maintained communication with us. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Brick and cement slab standard front porch which was crumbling was replaced with new brick and cement slap. Also poured new cement porch steps and replaced cement at bottom of steps. Also raised and leveled porch surface, necessitating cutting and re-edging of siding. All construction debris was also hauled away.

Category decks, masonry

Omega Construction of Michigan LLC

Omega Construction of Michigan LLC With over 72 years of experience serving the Ann Arbor and surrounding areas, Omega Construction of Michigan, LLC is your solution for all your roofing, construction, siding, waterproofing, remodeling, masonry and chimney needs. Omega takes great pride in our extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. We make sure to develop a lasting relationship so that the next time service is needed there will be no question on who to call. Your satisfaction guaranteed! Give us a call today, we are happy to help you with your project and look forward to talking to you.

Offers by Omega Construction of Michigan LLC on Angi
    Mr. Mason LLC

Mr. Mason LLC is a family owned and operated masonry company. We are a fully licensed and insured company. Mr. Mason LLC continues to maintain current workman’s compensation and liability insurance. Mr. Mason LLC specializes in residential masonry restoration. We here at Mr. Mason LLC strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction! Through friendly and prompt customer service, as well as quality projects built to withstand the harsh elements of Michigan winters. From Chimney rebuilds to simple tuck-pointing, each project is addressed with the same care and compassion. While having 30+ years of combined experience restoring homes in the metro Detroit area, Mr. Mason LLC currently employs only 10-15 skilled employees. Mr. Mason LLC Accepts only the highest quality craftsmanship from our masons and trusted workforce. Mr. Mason LLC has remained small enough to care without lacking production, quality and safety.

HomeSpec BasementFix

Homespec is a family-owned and operated business started in 1994 with the simple goal of providing exceptional craftsmanship and even more incredible customer service. We believe that a home repair should be fixed right the first time and for a fair price! We've stayed true to that vision for over 25 years and are proud to provide Michigan homeowners with some of the best in basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, gutter installation, concrete leveling, & foundation repair. We proudly serve communities all throughout Southeast Michigan and The Thumb. Contact us today for a free inspection & estimate to start your journey towards a drier, healthier home!

Within a reasonable distance of business location.
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

Chimney Construction & Repairs, Fireplace Construction & Repairs, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Caps, Foundations, Water Proofing, Walkways, Concrete Driveway, Porches, Stairs, Brick Repair, Block, Stone, Glass Block, Pavers, Concrete & Demolition