KJP Sales Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2007

915 E Isabella Rd # M-20

Midland, MI 48640

KJP Sales, Inc. was established in 1985 as a wholesale lumber company specializing in wood fence products. After a few years, KJP Sales owner and president Mike Kozuch discovered a need in the Tri-City area for a "Backyard Remodeler", specializing in custom designed decks for the home. Since that time KJP Sales (named after the owners children; Katie, Jennifer and Paul), has expanded into numerous other outdoor wood products such as commercial and residential Playground Equipment, Gazebos/Pavilions, Screened Porches/10 Month Rooms and Outdoor Furniture and all types of Fencing. To proudly display these quality products, KJP Sales opened a 2000 sq. ft. showroom in the Spring of 1996 and continually expands its outdoor display area. KJP Sales also features No Maintenance Deck Materials including Vinyl and Composite Decking. In 2000 KJP Sales, Inc. expanded our expertise into interior remodeling, which includes Additions, Kitchens, and Baths. KJP Sales philosophy is to train and encourage it's employees to the best of its ability to enable the company to offer the best product and service possible to the consumer....

02/15/2017

R Douglas B.

They did okay. I wouldn't say they did great. This was a wire fence, they could have tightened the wire to the post a little better. I had them come back out because the wire was sliding down the steak and was bowing in the center of the fence. I would shop around before using this company again.

Description of Work
They put up a fence.

Category dog fence

04/22/2016

Adam W.

Description of Work
KJP fenced a large yard for us. They did the work quickly and professionally.

03/16/2016

KAREN K C.

Description of Work
great

Category decks, fencing

08/05/2015

Jeffrey S.

Description of Work
The company representative came out to give me an estimate on remodeling my sun room. He was punctual and pleasant. He had good ideas and promised to get back to me with an estimate in a couple weeks (they were very busy at that time). I never heard from him again. After several weeks of waiting, I called the office and was told he was "in a meeting" and would get back to me. He never did. I wasted a month of time I could have spent hiring someone else. This is rude and inconsiderate behavior and I will never use KJP again. I have told all my friends about my experience. On the plus side, I ended up using Superior Carpentry and they were great! I have nothing but good things to say about them and will be using them again this fall

Category fencing, remodeling, woodworking, sunrooms

04/16/2015

William R.

03/10/2015

Anita F.

Job was done very quickly and very well. Will use again.

Description of Work
Replaced boards on our deck.

Category decks, fencing, woodworking

01/09/2015

James R.

The original storm door was moved from it's location flush with the front door so that it is flush with the exterior wall of the house. This provides a nice airlock which allows me to close the storm door before opening the front door and allows me to keep the elements out. KJP removed the old door and frame and reframed a new door several feet out from it's old location. The new door is well made and attractive and the workmanship on the new frame is first-rate. The old wooden deck was completely removed and carted off. A new deck, made of composite material was put up in it's place. This new deck matches the front porch that KJP added to my house in 2013, except that instead of balusters, there are horizontal wires installed between the vertical posts. This gives me a great view of the river and woods when sitting in my living room. Also, the workmanship is first-rate.

Description of Work
1) Moved my storm door outward to provide an airlock between it and the front door. 2) Tore down on old elevated wood deck overlooking the back of my house and replaced it with a new one.

Category decks, fencing, woodworking

06/23/2014

Bruce B.

Description of Work
Failed to return phone call inquiry after several attempts.

Category fencing, woodworking

05/20/2014

patricia H.

Mike came out and did the estimate late winter for 360', told us he would get back in about 3 weeks, it was 2 weeks. We were thrilled as we have 2 new puppies that need to be fenced in as we live on a major highway. He sent a worker out, yes only one guy, his name Mike also... he was extremely professional and very friendly, he did the job himself and it only took him a little over 6 hours to complete. He did and excellent job!

Description of Work
Installed a chain link approx 360' ,

02/16/2014

Paul B.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom

Category home remodeling

01/18/2014

Donna W.

Installed 10'x53' vinyl privacy fencing with two locking gates. It's just what we wanted, is beautiful, and they did a great job! They'd be my FIRST call next time :)

Description of Work
I used KJP Sales, Inc.

12/22/2013

James R.

Repaired a wooden fence and installed an 8'x12' deck/porch.

Category decks, fencing

10/12/2013

Cheryl H.

It went great!! Mike Kozuch is very professional and very good to work with. He has a very professional and efficient crew working for him. He himself came out personally and took measurements, found out exactly what we wanted done, and offered recommendations since this was our first porch project. His company offered many options according to budget and preference. We were told up front what the costs would be and was given a written detailed estimate, and then after the work was completed we received an itemized account of all the services, including what the labor cost was. His crew was friendly, kept us informed on the progress; explained what they were doing and why; and worked very hard. We absolutely would recommend KJP Sales Inc. for any remodeling project. Although our experience is based on an outside porch, I have no doubt any of their inside work would be excellent. AND we received a discount on the total price because we got his name from Angie's List!!! How cool is that?!

Description of Work
They completely rebuilt our front porch, including deck, rails and steps.

Category decks

04/19/2013

Jessica S.

VERY professional from start (estimate) to completion of installation. They cleaned up after themselves and you would have never known that they had been there...The estimate they quoted was a fair price for work completed. Only issue was that the charged a "tax on materials" at the final bill. We thought that this would have been included in estimate. Ended up paying about $35 more than expected. We will definately use them next year to complete fence around rest of yard and will make sure to ask for the "tax on materials" to be included in estimate.

Description of Work
Had a pet run fence put in a third of back yard. It encompassed some of our walk out deck from back garage door. Asked that it be a foot away from back tree line to get a mower in there. They did all we asked and completed job in one day. Due to all the rain we have had they had to post pone putting in fence on scheduled date. They called on a Sunday and asked if they could come and install the fence. I have never heard of anyone working on a Sunday. This really impressed us!!

02/05/2013

Ira H.

All of the work KJP has done has been very, very good. And as an example of their professionalism: when minor problem arise in the design or execution of the work, these problems are addressed. We had some lights installed in the boards of the deck KJP put in for us, and the lights tended to slip out of the boards and drop to the ground. KJP came up with another deign and replaced the board and lights at their cost.

Description of Work
We've had a number of jobs performed by KJP, including the installation of a backyard deck & patio and kitchen remodeling. While they aren't the least expensive contractor in town, the value we get for the money is excellent. The workmanship is terrific, the contractors work quickly, and the job sites are cleaned each day. We would use KJP again with no hesitation and would recommend them to anyone in the area.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

Ellen C.

They did a very good job and are very professional; they did what they said they would do. They were a little on the high end, but you get what you pay for. They came, did the work and didn’t draw it out, and it was done in good order.

Description of Work
They put a deck on.

Category decks

HOLLY M.

They did a wonderful job! They are respectful of the homeowner and their property. They clean up very well. They are on time and there all day every day (weather permitting). They are fantastic company to have work for you.

Description of Work
They put a deck on the back of our house and they did a lot of exterior work around our porch.

Category decks, remodeling

William C.

It turned out fine! I think they completed the job in the time they said they would and for what they quoted us. The fence is still standing which is a plus! I think they did good work! I thought it was a fair price. I would certainly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a rear fence for us.

09/17/2012

Matt P.

They did everything I asked. One gate had a bigger gap then i liked and it was fixed with one phone call and no problems. He just came at a day later but it was done to spec and I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
They put up a chainlink fence in our whole back yard with 2 gates. They did everything I asked of them and paid for.

08/06/2012

Lisa P.

These guys were really great! They did exactly what they said they were going to do. The owner, the workers, and everyone involved are professional and courteous, making it easy and comfortable to do business with them.

Description of Work
Deck looks absolutlely beautiful!

Category contractors, decks

03/19/2012

Robert W.

Excellent work. Slight delay in project but not KJP fault. Tub/shower combo came in as a shower stall even though all numbers on the box were correct for the tub/shower. KJP was able to get this rectified and had the correct item in my garage within two days. Installation of all items went well. Excellent drywall, plumbing, painting and tiling crews. Plan to use them for upcoming projects and would recommend to anyone to consider for their next project.

Description of Work
Remodel of guest bathroom. Replaced door, toilet, shower/tub, updated electrical, updated plumbing, lights and exhaust fan. Vented exhaust fan out of gable end of house instead of roof per my request. Removed and built new cabinet with doors. Repaired drywall, painted, stained door and cabinet to match existing vanity and tiled floor/back splash.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

03/11/2012

JoAnn E.

They have not yet finished but it looks good so far.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/05/2012

Paula H.

I thought that they were very friendly. They did a nice job.

Description of Work
KJP Sales Inc did carpentry work for us.

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking

03/01/2011

Brian T.

We probably won't be going with this company. They were very professional. They seemed very competent. There was another company with a more detailed quote. The other company provided us with sketches and things like that.

Description of Work
They gave a quote on moving a basement staircase and remodeling the basement.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Roots Construction

We specialize in all phases of interior and exterior remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, roofing, siding, decks and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click today!

SRS Construction

Second generation family run business! We do anything from building houses and pole barns to simple remodels and repairs, roofing, and seamless gutters. Anything you could think of getting done, will be done to 100% perfection! Fully licensed and insured with over 35 years of experience.

Superior Carpentry

When it comes to home remodeling in the Midland, Bay City and Saginaw area nothing comes close to the quality and value of Superior Carpentry. We believe that every home owner should have the living space of their dreams. We also believe that your dream should be affordable. For over 20 years we have served the community under this premise. We specialize in kitchens and granite counter tops, to bathrooms, basements, flooring and decks. When it comes to home remodeling contractors in the Midland, Bay City and Saginaw area, you only have one choice. Contact us with the form to the right or call us to start planning your dream today! No job to big, no job too small. We do it all! We only use subcontractors that we have had a long standing relationship with. Our company has great customer references upon request. Award winning. Please mention Angie's List when calling us to schedule at (989)6315871.

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Commercial and residential playground equipment, gazebos, pavilions, screened porches, rooms & outdoor furniture, fencing, custom decks, general remodeling, remodeling kitchens & baths.