Canfield Plumbing & Heating Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2006

411 E Main St

Lowell, MI 49331

We have been open for over 20 years and we are licensed & insured. full service Plumbing & HVAC company. If you are having issues with your heating or cooling system we can service it. Canfield Plumbing & Heating is a Rheem Top Contractor and we install Rheem furnaces & air conditioning units.

10/25/2021

Dan D.

They wanted $495 for some sort of blaster thingy and 2 hours to clean out a 24 foot pvc floor drain blocked by sand or maybes chipmunk. I couldn’t believe the price and said forget it. I went to Lowe’s and bought a cobra 3/8” hand auger. Total time including trip to Lowe’s was 1 hour 20 minutes to do it myself. I guess Canfield won’t unplug a drain pipe for less than $495.00

Description of Work
Garage floor drain clogged

Category drain cleaning

07/07/2020

Aaron R.

Very well. Quick, courteous, and got the job done. Charged what the estimate said they would.

Description of Work
Replace tank gas water heater

01/22/2018

Leslie B.

Canfield Plumbing and Heating has worked on several projects since I moved into my new house earlier this year. They are always very responsive and quick in scheduling service; they are flexible in working with my schedule; they are clear in their explanations about what needs to be done; they are respectful and careful and good at solving complex issues. All of the service personnel are professional, knowledgeable, and personable. I highly recommend Canfield Plumbing and Heating.

Description of Work
Various: AC inspection and maintenance; Furnace inspection; new water heater; other repairs.

08/15/2017

travis H.

The biggest drawback to this company was their inability to get back to me in a timely manner or at all. During my first appointment (drain cleaning) I told them we wanted to get an estimate for a new shower and toilet and no one ever called us back. The second time after our estimate for the new shower we were supposed to get a call within 7 to 10 days for an appointment and I ended up having to call them back 10 days later. They told me it would be another 7 days until I reminded them I was never contacted in the first place. After that they suddenly had an appointment available two days later. In terms of the actual work everything was great. The only exception was the quality of the drywall where the outside shower meets the bathroom walls (pic include).

Description of Work
1. Drain cleaning. 2. Had a new shower (along with drywall) and new toilet installed.

10/05/2015

Frances H.

John was great. On Sunday we developed a leak behind our refrigerator from the hose coming up to our ice maker. The water had spread underneath the cabinet where it was soaking our new carpet. We left a message on their answering machine Sunday evening. First thing this morning I received a call saying they were on their way. John arrived within 10 minutes. He quickly fixed the problem. He gave me advice on how to dry things up. The cost was less than I anticipated. I was very pleased with the response.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking hose to ice machine

08/18/2014

Gary S.

There are not details. It went very well

Description of Work
installed new hot water heater

06/23/2014

Suzie R.

They are very responsive, they are very good about their quality of work. They do like to upsell so watch out for that. The price is at the top end, but you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
My furnace died.

06/16/2014

David A.

They came over and did a complete evaluation of our house to determine the proper size furnace. They explained the pros and cons of the various options and the costs associated with each. We were a bit pressed for time and they were able to fit us in despite it being winter and the holiday season. The work was done quickly and professionally. There was a small unintended event where some pvc glue spilled on our new white freezer, but it's ithe basement, so no big deal. The furnace has worked fine and follow up questions were answered quickly.

Description of Work
Had new furnace installed.

01/17/2014

Suzie R.

We were very pleased. The serviceman was timely, professional, and was able to install the high quality brand we wanted. When we had a flood in our home this past year (the 100 year flood of 2013), I had Canfield come and check the heating unit to ensure it was still in good working order. They were prompt and professional. I highly recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
We rehabbed an old home, gutting it out. Canfield installed all new heating (venting and furnace) in the home.

01/02/2014

Janet C.

Work took 4 full days with two men working. Completed price less than the estimate. Very knowledgeable about steam heat. Very courteous and professional. Will only use Canfield in the future.

Description of Work
All near steam boiler pipes were replaced to correct problems. Three new main steam vents installed. 15 new steam traps were replaced. Three radiator valves replaced.

12/22/2013

Janet M.

When I arrived home on November 25, 2013 I was without heat. It was 54 degrees in my home. I called Canfield Plumbing and Heating and they were at my house within the hour of my call. The serviceman was courteous and professional. He had my furnace running again within a 1/2 hour of entering my home.

Description of Work
I used CANFIELD PLUMBING AND HEATING INC.

10/07/2013

Jason F.

Date/Amount approximate. I was so fed up with them that I intended to leave detailed review, then life overtook me. I did not consider the price charged to be unreasonable, if the work had actually been properly completed. The leaking drain was not fixed in spite of 2 different visits, months apart (they did not accurately diagnose what was leaking either time). I had to contact a different plumbing service to get this fixed. The burst pipe was repaired, but the repair leaked. When I called them back, the plumber came right out. He could see the evidence of the leak, but could not see it actively leaking at the moment, so could not isolate where it was leaking. I figured out later that week where it was leaking, and my tenant called back to be treated very rudely by the service person who took the call and stated that the plumber found no leak so it wasn't leaking and they wouldn't come out without charging us. (When the plumber had come back, he fully acknowledged that he clearly saw the evidence that the pipe had been leaking after his work.) I called back later, got it cleared up, and the plumber came out and actually fixed the leak in the pipe he had replaced. It took 3 visits, but the burst pipe was repaired and remained leak free. While he was doing the first fix to the burst pipe, I was draining the water heater (turned off) for a drain/flush. (No water anyway, good time to drain out the water heater.) I told the plumber what I was doing, that the water heater was shut off, draining, and not to touch it as I would finish taking care of it myself later. The plumber 'fixed' the burst pipe, failed to fix the leaking drain, and then messed with the water heater, turning it on and filling it, causing a burst element in the heater. I called the owner about this and the failed repairs, and he was not professional at all. My water heater was old, yes, but his plumber had done things he was explicitly told not to do, ultimately harming my ability to have hot water until the water heater element was replaced. He refused to acknowledge any responsibility for the actions of his plumber. He said the water heater was my problem as it was old. Even thought his plumber had messed with it after being explicitly and directly told to leave it be, he refused any responsibility for the resulting damage. He got on my case for not paying the bill for repairing the leaking drain when the drain was leaking just as bad after. He finally decided it was in his best interest to cut his losses, or something. He refused to send anyone else out to actually fix what they had been hired (and paid at least once) to fix in the first place, and he refused to take responsibility for his plumber breaking my water heater, but said he would cancel the billing, and said I would have to call someone else to get the plumbing fixed. In the end, even with the canceled billing, I had paid hundreds of dollars for repairs that still leaked afterward because the plumber did not bother to make sure he had it all right and a broken water heater element because the plumber refused to leave it alone.. I had to call another plumber to fix the problems that Canfield couldn't/didn't/wouldn't AND the problems they created. If I can remember who did the follow up repair, I give them a review as their plumber had to actually work at the leak problem, but got it right and we have had no leaks since then. Canfield might be good for basic or easy jobs, and they will come out on a moment's notice for an emergency repair, and their prices are not horrible for emergency repairs, but beware if you have what might be a more challenging problem, especially if the leak (either that you call them for, or that they create during their repair) is intermittent. Ladies, don't bother calling. There isn't a very good chance of being treated with respect. They might be fine in a pinch for other people, but beware if your problem is going to inconvenience them.

Description of Work
Burst water line, leaking drain.

07/19/2013

jason S.

They came in and looked at the a/c and got it running in no time.

Description of Work
Canfield got my A/C working due to it has been 105F lor a time.

04/01/2013

Laurie G.

Canfield Plumbing gives great service and very reliable. The owners are very friendly. They're very responsive and understanding. The repairmen are polite and take time to put on footies when they come in the house. I feel comfortable with them in the house.

Description of Work
Canfield Plumbing replaced my garbage disposal.

11/05/2012

Chad S.

Canfield has provided many years of great service to our home.

Description of Work
residential plumbing for bathrooms, kitchen, and water heater.

08/28/2012

James B.

Arranged for an estimate 5 days in advance for some remodeling work. I was told they needed a two hour window, which I provided. Took two hours off work. No show. No call. Upon calling the office, they said it was a "typo". Very unprofessional; very disappointed. If they can't even get the initial estimate right, how much trust can I give them in spending thousands?

Description of Work
Estimate for bathroom remodel.

07/05/2012

Douglas F.

I contacted Canfield because I wanted Rheem products. But when Greg submitted the bid, the A/C unit was an unfamiliar make, reciprocating-compressor unit of the same capacity as the Rheem unit I had verbally specified. I suspect if I had not read that fine print, that's the unit I would have received. When I complained to Greg, he said the scroll-compressor Rheem unit would be noisier, but if that's the one I really wanted, he would re-submit in writing with that unit . He did so, and that's what I got. But I still kind of smelled a small rat. "Read everything before you sign." End of story. Also, on the first day of using the new furnace, it leaked water all over my basement floor. To his credit, Greg came out on a Sunday morning and fixed it, as well as offering to have the carpets dried out. He said the problem was a connection that was loose. Not sure if that was the fault of the Rheem factory or the installer. The installers were polite, professional and punctual. Everything has performed flawlessly since that first and only mishap.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and central air system.

02/06/2012

Frances H.

Canfield was wonderful. They showed up when they said they would and quickly and professionally fixed the problem.

Description of Work
The pipes to our water heater began spraying water into our kitchen. We turned off the water and called Canfield to fix.

01/13/2012

Dianne W.

The experience was great. We have used them for years. They are an awesome company. They are very very good. They are very professional. They are reasonable. They are timely. They are very friendly. They are just everything you would want. They are local which we really like too. I actually did recommend them to a friend. She has called them and they are going to do work for her. I know that their quote came in under another company that had a better estimate than them.

Description of Work
Canfield Plumbing & Heating came out within the last couple of months and fixed the pipe for us. They also came out in the fall and checked out our furnace. They are located in Lowell.

06/04/2011

Ida S.

The service technicians were prompt, professional and super courteous. Deb, who answers the phone and is the owner along with her husband, Greg, always answers my questions promptly and is very friendly and sweet. I will call Canfield for all my plumbing and heating and air conditioning needs. This is a local home town company that is also very pro community.

Description of Work
I called Canfield Plumbing and Heating Inc. prior to moving into my 130 year old home. The company installed a new hot water heater, moved the exhaust pipe higher in the chimney, installed a whole house a/c system, replaced and repaired a slow drain and leak under the kitchen sink and installed a humidifier on my furnace.

09/07/2010

K M.

In addition to the usual plumbing a new bathroom needs, they were supposed to extend the pipes for the hot water heat system. Greg decided to put the heating pipes under the floor, rather than using a baseboard heater. They never connected the pipes for the heat. I didn't realize it for several years. One day I was in the basement and I looked up at the ceiling and saw that the pipes don't go anywhere. They were hanging there in mid-air. When I contacted Canfield, they told me they couldn't find their records. Although Deb said she was looking for them, I don't think she did. When he received the receipt I sent, Greg said I just saved Deb hours of hunting through lots of boxes upstairs. Greg then said that the $2000 we had paid didn't cover connecting the heat pipes. They had billed us as they went, but I can't find the other receipts. They wanted me to pay $200 more for them to complete the job. Greg claimed they had been waiting for us to call them to finish the installation, but we had them do several other jobs after they did the bathroom and they never mentioned it. We were happy with their other work and had hired them for all the plumbing jobs we had. They have a reputation for doing things like this.

Description of Work
We had a half bath added in an unheated closet space. The house uses hot water heat and Greg told me the bathroom would be colder than the rest of the house because of the location. He decided to place heat tubes under the floor because he thought that would be warmer.

06/04/2010

Whitney S.

I LOVE Canfield Plumbing and Heating! This is the second time I have called them and I will continue to call them for as long as I live in my house. They are courteous, punctual and provide reasonable estimates that do not "grow" as they work on the job.

Description of Work
We had a leak in the basement that we could not locate.

08/03/2009

Whitney S.

They arrived on time, understood exactly what I wanted and were done fast. The technician was knowledgeable and very courteous. I will be calling them again in the fall to install a gas log for my fireplace.

Description of Work
They added an extra gas line in my basement for my hobby room.

06/03/2008

Norman D.

The project went well, on time, on budget, no surprises.

Description of Work
Have performed annual inspection and PM of wall unit furnaces and very old furnaces in our basement of a 4 until rental home we purchased. They have been very responsive and professional. They have not tried to sell us new furnaces and have told us we could get a few more years out of them. I feel most companies would have tried to push us into replacing them. They have serviced them at the beginning of each season and everyone of them have performed fine throughout the winter.

01/08/2008

Paul A.

Very pleased with prompt service. Friendly phone representative. Plumber knew what he was doing. Price was fair and I was satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Toilet leaking liquid waste. Plumber trouble shot problem and found that previous plumber who fixed same problem 3 months earlier had not fixed properly. Plumber replaced flange and wax rings and used proper caulk for the flange.

Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers Coupon

Blue Wolf Concepts

We know Michigan water! We do not contract our work out, we are a family-owned business with over 100 years of combined experience. We offer Michigan's best water treatment Systems, Drinking systems with 100% Customer Satisfaction Service. Rated # 1 in the World Customer Satisfaction by RainSoft Factory. We are Michigan's problem water specialists! Made in America with a Lifetime Warranty! FREE WATER TESTING AVAILABLE!! https://www.bluewolfconcepts.com/water-testing

Offers Coupon

Pro-Tech Heating & Cooling

Pro-Tech Heating & Cooling is your premier provider for heating and cooling including furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, water heaters, heat pumps, mini splits and much more. We perform service and repairs, sell and install new equipment, offer preventive maintenance programs and have outstanding after hours and emergency service. We process warranty registrations and rebates on all equipment installed so you don't have to worry about it! We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service and satisfaction. Pro-Tech started out as a small 3 person operation in 2003 with Andy & Lisa Purvins and their nephew Justin. Andy worked in the field since college at Hudsonville Heating where he got his start as a service technician and later at Blue Star Heating & Cooling where he was the service manager and served on the board of directors. Since then Pro-Tech has grown into a 14 person company that has gained a large customer base serving Grand Rapids and surrounding areas. We are relatively new to Angie's List so you can check out our reviews on Google and Customer Lobby!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, Discover

We offer plumbing services that include drain line cleaning, camera inspections & jetting. We also perform service on the fixtures inside your home, water heaters, and install water softeners. We install Rheem furnaces & air conditioning units but also service all makes and models. We also install & service boilers, humidifiers, generators & geothermal systems.