The Crack Team

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2006

Since 1985 The Crack Team has specialized in basement foundation crack repair injection waterproofing. For 36 years we've been providing permanent and cost-effective solutions to one of the biggest problems facing homeowners: cracked and leaking poured concrete walls. The Crack Team has the experience and the knowledge to solve your foundation-related problems. Plus, our lifetime of the structure "Happy Crack Guarantee" gives you the peace of mind you want. When it’s repaired by The Crack Team, it's repaired forever...

basement waterproofing (27)

03/06/2020

James K.

It went extremely well. A competitor to the Crack Team told me that one of the cracks in my basement would be especially hard to fix and may require digging on the exterior of the basement. Plus he could not guarantee he could fix it and the price he quoted would be a base and could go higher depending on what he had to do. Dave from the Crack Team said no, he was confident he could seal the cracks, and his quote was a fixed price at about 2/3 of his competitor. The crack team showed up right on time, fixed the cracks, and they are dry with no leaks. I was extremely happy with Dave from the Crack Team.

Description of Work
Sealing basement cracks.

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

12/03/2018

Patricia B.

They were able to schedule us for an estimate within a week and did the work several days later. He was punctual and neat. It was a little tricky snapping off the plastic injection ports after it had cured, but I was able to use a big chisel and hammer to slice them off close to the wall to achieve a relatively flat surface. The epoxy product was a gray color, but a fresh coat of white waterproofing paint covered it beautifully.

Description of Work
We had 3 ceiling to floor cracks in our concrete foundation wall. No water was leaking in yet, but we wanted to take care of them to prevent that.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Review for The Crack Team - 35191 Pembroke, Livonia, MI - 37587020

11/29/2018

Don S.

I purchased this home a couple years ago. We noticed that the previous owner had applied a this coating on the basement wall in an attempt to seal wall cracks that ran from top to bottom. Obviously this was not the proper way to repair it and they began to seep as time went on. I read reviews on Angie's List and chose to call Dave with The Crack Team. He called back within a short time and gave an estimate based on my description of how many leaks I thought I had. We set a date and when he got here the estimate was reduced in half because I confused crack repair with rod hole fillings. He repaired 2 long cracks and filled about 12 rod holes. He was very friendly and professional. He did a neat job and cleaned up afterwards. Also he offered suggestions for some minor floor cracks. Thanks to him the basement now appears to be completely dry. The work came with a "Lifetime of the Structure Warranty". I am very pleased with the contractor and the workmanship and will certainly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Basement wall cracks sealed

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

Review for The Crack Team - 35191 Pembroke, Livonia, MI - 37578138

06/20/2018

Robert B.

Outstanding

Description of Work
Rot holes fixed

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

03/12/2018

Ronald R.

What he did the last time was really great; i ask them to come back again to check on the wall. The previous work they did was really good. no problems with the repairs

Description of Work
To repair a crack on the basement wall

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

02/19/2018

Deborah M.

They were fantastic! So professional, quick, reasonably priced and easy to work with. They were very concerned about really finding source of issue and doing things right. Was a great experience. Would definitely use in future!

Description of Work
Helped identify source of moisture entry leading to crumbling and cracking of basement wall

Work Completed On 12/10/2017

12/13/2017

Mike R.

Dave chiseled the crack in the poured foundation from slab floor to top. Since it was actively leaking, he stopped the leak with hydraulic cement, injected polyurethane into the crack, then sealed the surface with epoxy. It's now a month, and no hint of moisture. Also provided a lifetime transferable warranty guaranteeing that should the repaired crack leak in the future, the Crack Team will repair it at no charge. Very competitive pricing, great friendly service, and a great result. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Seal a leaking foundation crack

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

05/16/2017

Charles K.

Dave, quickly found the leak and repaired it. His pricing is fair, and he was very timely, showing up the day after I called him. I'm still waiting for the next rain to make sure this took care of the issue but based on the obviousness of the crack and the robustness of the repair, I believe I will be dry. Foundation cracks happen , especially in older homes. Should one sprout up again, I would not hesitate to contact the Crack Team.

Description of Work
Repaired Cracked Wall in Foundation

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/13/2017

k M.

Solved a problem that had existed for twenty years, as a small leak, and more recently as a large leak. I had tried other remedies, not knowing that the source of the water in my basement was a set of very fine cracks in the wall. Others would have charged thousands of dollars for a repair that did the job completely for under $900. Try the Crack Team first to avoid a more costly repair.

Description of Work
Leaking Cracks in Foundation wall

Work Completed On 05/13/2017

03/10/2017

Leonardo S.

I would give this company 1000 stars if I could. First of all, if they can fix your problem, they will tell you so and they will get it right with a single visit. No need to come back to fix something later because it wasn't done done correctly the very first time. Second, their rates are fair and I feel I get my money's worth working with them. And last but not least, even when the water problem in your basement happens to be something they don't deal with (e.g. water coming from the concrete floor instead of a crack on the wall), they are more than willing to give you sound advice and refer to companies they trust who can maybe solve your problem. For example, The Crack Team has steered me in the right direction of contacting a reliable plumbing company to snake my house's storm drain system versus spending tons of money on a new drain system. Really, I know my review may sound too good to be true, but this is my sincere experience with this company. I highly recommend them for your own home, rentals and commercial properties. Dave, thank you so much for the work you have done for me.

Description of Work
Cracks in multiple walls in my basement.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

05/04/2016

Charles E.

Description of Work
Repaired a diagonal crack in a poured concrete wall. Service was professional, quick and clean. very satisfied.

Work Completed On 04/05/2016

01/27/2016

Daniel C.

I called The Crack Team and described the small crack I had in my basement wall. I was given a fair estimate on the phone and made arrangements for the repair. They were able to come the very next day to do the repair. Upon arrival I showed the crack to the repairman and we discussed the extent of the damage. To my surprise, I was told that it was not a structural issue and if the crack had never leaked water and never gotten any larger since we lived here, it really did not to be repaired with epoxy. I was advised just to apply some caulk and paint and that was all that was necessary. I really appreciate the honesty as I was prepared to pay to have the work done. I offered to pay for the service call and they would not even take any money for that. This company is great and I would definitely recommend them. Prompt service and very honest.

Description of Work
Provided a professional evaluation of a small crack in the foundation.

Work Completed On 01/14/2016

06/13/2015

Robert A.

Dave, who had recently repaired another basement wall crack for us, was punctual, very professional, proceeded expeditiously with the work to be done and cleaned up when done. We are happy with the result. The first repair survived the 4" rain we had a couple of weeks ago, so everything appears good. We will have to see, but I don't expect there to be any problems in the further out future.

Description of Work
Repaired a large wall crack and a leak around where the septic pipe penetrates the basement wall.

Work Completed On 06/11/2015

05/31/2015

Robert A.

The appointment was quickly scheduled and punctual. The results speak for themselves - the 4 inch rain we had today stayed out!

Description of Work
Repaired leaking basement wall crack

Work Completed On 04/27/2015

05/06/2015

Kevin A.

The crack team did an excellent job repairing the walls in my basement. All work completed as expected.

Description of Work
Repaired 5 cracks in my basement wall.

Work Completed On 04/21/2015

04/24/2015

Cory C.

Dave was able to give me a price quote over the phone for my repair, as well as a date to do repair. Dave showed up on time and date stated. He repaired the leaks at the price quoted, and cleaned up upon completion. Dave was very polite, professional, and informative in answering any questions I had. I would gladly recommend this company to friends and family, as well as use them again if need would arise

Description of Work
fixed leaks in my basement wall.

Work Completed On 04/22/2015

04/21/2015

joe M.

They did a good job, and it doesn't leak.

Description of Work
They repaired 2 cracks in my basement.

Work Completed On 09/27/2014

03/05/2015

Loredana P.

Excellent...we haven't had any problems since! Would recommend to family and friends! Prompt and professional!

Description of Work
Repaired 3 cracks and 6 holes in basement walls.

Work Completed On 05/03/2013

10/18/2014

Lawrence S.

This job went very well. The installer had to remove old material from previous patch attempts to expose the crack thoroughly and allow him to install injection ports. After a twenty minute cure period, the ports are ready for injection into the crack. It doesn't take long. The company uses urethane and if you do any research into the best practices published by the basement waterproofing industry, there is no question this process is the best available for non structural repairs in leaky, poured concrete walls. Despite all the evidence that this material remains pliable to fill gaps without the voids common with epoxy running down and out the other side, many companies are unwilling got change and update their methods. Clean, quiet and efficient. Dave knew what he was doing and has been doing this for quite some time proving there is no substitute for well informed experience. Clean up was good too.

Description of Work
The provider, Dave, filled a floor to ceiling basement crack using a urethane injection process. Took a couple of hours only because my wall, from previous owners, had three previous attempts to "patch" the leaky wall using cement on the surface.

Work Completed On 10/09/2014

09/16/2014

BRENDA G.

After the multiple storms and flooding of this summer, there was not a drop of water! Great job. So glad I didn't wait to get the work done. Will happily recommend you. Thank you!

Description of Work
We had a very slow flowing crack in the basement wall. It was repaired with an injection.

Work Completed On 03/01/2014

09/19/2013

Michael W.

The owner, David Michalski provided phone quote, explained the scope of work he would perform and scheduled appointment. David was timely, professional, explained in-detail the work he was going to perform, provided an estimate of the time the job would take and went to work. I watchd David work and I am confident in the process he used and the work he did will keep my basement wall dry. Approx 1 week after the and quot;Crack Teamand quot; left my house, I received a guarantee of their work that's a life time guarantee and fully transferable. All-in-all, I was very happy with their work. I felt they were a bit pricey, but I'm confident in their guarantee and don't feel I will ned to invest anymore money into my basement wall.

Description of Work
Water proofed 2-7' long cracks and 8 rebar holes in basement wall.

Work Completed On 08/19/2013

12/31/2012

Kaitlyn B.

Water was starting to dribble/leak in as the side the crack is on is not properly graded. We received estimates from a few companies, and ultimately went with the crack team, as they offered reasonable quote (don't remember exactly). The gentleman that came out was both knowledgable, patient, insightful to the situation/ further solutions to prevent leaking. Was efficient with his time but got the job done right

Description of Work
Our basement had a crack running down the side, pored concrete walls. Was repaired with the injection method.

Work Completed On 09/02/2012

05/09/2012

Matthew S.

Dave came out to look at the cracks, explain the process, and see if there were any obstacles that had to be removed prior to doing the job. He can work around most obstacles, but I did have to move the water heater which was just 2 inches from the wall and directly in front of one of the cracks. He quoted $950 to repair three cracks.We set up an appointment on a Saturday and Dave arrived at the agreed upon time, and finished on schedule - I believe about 5 hours. Dave conducted himself in a professional manner at all times, and left very little mess to clean up.All of the work was done from the inside, and required no outside digging.Once sealed, there is material left on the wall (an epoxy?) about 2-3and quot; on either side of the crack, and ranging in depth from 1/8and quot; to 1/2and quot; or so. It is unsightly, but can be painted over. I did grind a bit of it down to make it less noticable, but the cracks weren't in a finished part of the basement, so I wasn't too concerned. I suggest you ask Dave just how far you can grind if you are concerned about appearance after the repair.It's been 10 months now, and so far, so good. We've had several rains that would have resulted in leaks before the repairs, but no water has seeped thru, and the basement has remained dry. At this point I am completely satisfied, and have one more crack that I plan on having repaired by The Crack Team..

Description of Work
The Crack Team sealed three cracks in my poured cement basemant walls. Each crack was vertical, and ran from the top to the bottom of the wall. The cracks have been there for over 30 years, and had been leaking more often in recent months.