JK Home Improvement

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2006

We are a family business where the owners of the company do the work! 3 brothers with over 25 yrs. of experience. Our prices are fair and our quality is our trademark. No high pressure sales, the owners will quote your job, and do your job. No communication problems....

A Service Provider's profile image

+17 more images

siding companies (148)gutter repair (98)roofing (49)door installation (13)window replacement (13)insulation (5)garage doors (2)woodworking (9)general contractors (9)chimney repair (3)house painting (1)home remodeling (1)

04/12/2022

Mark E.

It was certainly a pleasure dealing with a well run family owned company. The owner of the company himself came out to give you an estimate he was honest down to earth and I can’t say enough good things about him and his company. Regarding the workers and the work that was done it was top-notch they cleaned up, they were very professional if it wasn’t for the weather they would’ve had the job done in the specified 2 to 3 days. But of course here in Michigan they had to work around the weather. You would be foolish not to work with JK Home Improvement for any of your siding, gutters, roofing, window needs.

Description of Work
Siding and Gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

06/12/2021

Don N.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The quality of worked I recieved from Andy and his crew was exceptional. All appts were on time and emails responded to in timely manner. I would definetly use them again and recommend them to anyone who needs their services.

Description of Work
New roof, fascia, gutters and bay window

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

04/26/2021

Ron R.

We hired JK Home improvement to replace siding, trim and gutters on our home in April 2021. Their estimate was comparable to other quotes we received. The color suggestions that Andy made were very helpful. The job started/finished as scheduled, and the quality of the work that was done was excellent. The crew was professional and courteous, and cleaned up nightly. We are thrilled at how beautiful our house looks.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding, trim and gutters

Work Completed On 04/10/2021

Review for JK Home Improvement - 9445 Stonehouse Ave, Livonia, MI - 39309053

06/25/2020

Dashawne K.

I had them come out to do the trim & gutters and not the roof at first. The trim they installed improved the ventilation for attic. While they were out, I had the roof inspected for replacement. They discovered why the venting for the upstairs bathroom was inadequate. We had them come out in the fall to replace the roof, correcting the bathroom venting and installing better performing ridge ventilation. The first project took 2 day (1st day trim, 2nd day gutters) and the second was done in a day (subcontracted). Clean-up was thorough; the crews were industrious. The work looks really good a year later.

Description of Work
Trim, and then roof.

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

09/16/2019

Virginia D.

Price was competitive, owner was responsive, work was done on time and for the agreed upon price. I think they did a great job and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Roof, Siding, Gutters, Trim

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

07/19/2019

Bret V.

We had our New Roof installed by JK Home Imp. Extremely Pleasant experience! Andy (The Owner) came out for a Hassle Free Thourough Estimate that took approx 30 min.'s , unlike others we rec'd that Wasted 90 min.'s of our time. There Price was not the cheapest but was in the middle of the 4 Quotes we rec'd. Job was a Complete Tear Off and was completed in 1 Day !! I liked that they had a Dump Truck for removal vs a Dumpster or Trailer. Many ground Tarps were used to Protect our landscaping and clean up was performed with Many Roller Magnets. Could not even tell they were there upon Completion, WOW !! We are having them do our Siding and Gutters next. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND JK Home Imp. They did a GREAT Job. 5 out of 5 Stars !!!!

Description of Work
New Roof Installation

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

06/26/2019

Kenneth K.

Andy and company did a beautiful professional job. They started when promised, crews were courteous and respectful of my property. I could not be more pleased! House looks like new! Would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace vinyl siding

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

06/07/2019

Joy G.

Andy, Bob, and the whole crew were very professional and also friendly answering questions and listening to concerns. From beginning to clean-up they were efficient and thorough. Highly recommend this company. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Gutters, leaf guard, soffit, trim

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

05/02/2019

Melissa K.

Everything went according to plan. Andy, one of the owners, who came out to quote us the job was very patient with us. We asked a lot of questions and needed some guidance one how to handle some of the fine details of work to be preformed. We were happy to a quote the same day they came out because other companies took a few days or never even got one. After deciding to hire them to perform the work, we had Andy come back out to answer some more questions and go over some changes to the scope of the work as well a change of color Andy was very patience with us and gave us some great advice. From the time our order was placed until the time of completion, we were kept up to date with with what was going on. The crew that performed the work definitely knows what they are doing. Their attention to detail was top notch. Everything that was promised was delivered. Would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding and trim to cover up existing wood. And new gutters

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

04/06/2019

Aaron B.

Amazingly prompt service! Ours was a smaller job, so they managed to squeeze us in after they'd completed another job nearby. From quote to finished job was just 48 hours, really quite astonishing! Reasonable price, professional and friendly staff, class act from start to finish. Very pleased. When it's time to redo the whole house, we'll be calling them.

Description of Work
Re-sided and repaired a few sections of our house

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

11/04/2018

Sharon R.

My experience was A+ from start to finish with JK Home Improvement. Andy did my quote and answered all my questions. I had four estimates and even though this was not the least expensive I decided to go with this company and I am so happy I did. I could not be happier with the quality of their work. I have had compliments from everyone that sees the house, including other professionals. The crew was fabulous, there were many of them and they all just knew what they were doing and they got it done quickly in spite of the very hot weather. They were so polite and efficient. At the end of the job they used a magnet to make sure there was not even a nail was left on the ground. What a pleasure it was doing business with this company. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Review for JK Home Improvement - 9445 Stonehouse Ave, Livonia, MI - 37528854

10/24/2018

Dana K.

These guys were absolutely terrific. The work was completed incredibly fast, they left the premises cleaner than it was found, and they came back a year later with one phone call to adjust a gutter. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding and gutters

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

07/26/2018

Jeremy R.

Job was done well and in a timely fashion. We were satisfied

Description of Work
Install new siding

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

06/30/2018

Jon H.

Due to the cost of the job I quoted nine companies. During the quote I was surprised to have the owner and tech visit. Their price was on average lower than most. They had reasonable availability, Angies List max rated, and had was willing to work with me. I struggled with the color and type of siding for the work and they were not limited to specific vendors. Old metal siding was bent, faded, and loose. Old metal soffit needed removed, wood cut to allow airflow into attic and replaced in areas that were rotted. Old pieced gutters needed replacement due to being not one piece and poor water flow. JK came out on the coldest days of the season to complete the job. The only complaint they had was I did not have enough lights in the garage for their work. They cleaned up what they could find in the snow. I did have some cleanup after the snow melt, but not enough to complain. They fixed the garage and door metal surrounds after their inspection showed those needed to be completed as well. After a high wind day spring 2018 a shutter was blown off. They ordered a new window shutter and installed at a reasonable cost without issue. This prompted me to finish the review. The incident with their trailer and snow removal was an annoyance but the professional way they handled it was appreciated. With the snow fall and completing within the same quoted timeframe, they deserve as much praise as I can provide.

Description of Work
Siding, soffit, gutters, window shutters

Work Completed On 12/09/2016

12/29/2017

Gabriel K.

The job was well done. Only issue was over the weekend there was a storm and some of the materials left out side over the weekend were blown all over the place. Andy was a wonderful person to work with.

Description of Work
We had gutters installed, new siding, and trim replaced and wrapped with vinyl.

Work Completed On 10/15/2017

11/22/2017

Jeff S.

I trusted the reviews from other Angie's List reviewers when selecting JK Home Improvement for my service needs. Andy arrived on time for my estimate, and listened to all my needs. We had a conversation about what services I wanted done, and was presented with many options that we agreed on. I was shown a binder full of photos from previous jobs to review, so that helped visualize what I could expect. I was so comfortable with the presentation, that I signed the contracts before he left. The job(s) were scheduled, and met the schedule. New front door and screen installed on one day. Roof tear-off and re-shingle on another day. Trim, siding and gutters installed over 1-1/2 days. There was open communication between Andy and myself, so I never felt neglected, nor in the dark. I could provide design input to the team and it was received openly. The work crews operate like a well oiled machine, with everyone having defined roles. True teamwork. The crew has been together for years and the respect they showed me, their team, and my property, was impressive. All the services performed met my family's expectations, and we are very pleased with selecting JK Home Improvement for our exterior remodeling!

Description of Work
Roof tear-off and reroof. New entry door and screen door. New trim and vinyl siding. New seamless gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

10/29/2017

Yelena G.

The company was excellent to work with. Pleasant on the phone, interested in business. Came out to quote right away, I said yes, let's do the work but I don't know what color gutters to order. They stopped by the next day to drop off the color card. Called in a few weeks, said will be there upcoming Saturday. Did the work quickly and professionally. No more leaking gutters and wall damage! Thank you!

Description of Work
Gutters replaced on the whole house

Work Completed On 10/28/2017

09/22/2017

Jeanette P.

Three brothers, Andy, Bill & Jeff Kondrath, own the company and they have an amazing crew! Their team of 8 men worked non-stop until the project was finished. They were professional, personable and very hard working. They thoroughly cleaned up afterwards and did a fantastic job. Don't think twice about hiring them. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding and new gutters

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

09/21/2017

Jennifer U.

I could not be more impressed with the work that JK did on our house. From our first meeting with Andy for the estimate all the way through the completion of the project, their professionalism and quality workmanship were wonderful. They had quoted us that it would take 4, maybe 5 days to do the needed work, and they finished everything in 3 1/2 days! On Monday they arrived just after 7 AM to do a complete tear-off & re-roof - by time I got back home from work that afternoon the roofers were done and had completely cleaned up after themselves. The siding crew then arrived on Tuesday morning and were completely done (including installing 2 new windows) by late afternoon on Wednesday. Again, each day the crew made sure that they had cleaned up their areas and didn't leave any messes or debris laying around. Thursday morning the gutter crew arrived, consulted with me about how/where I wanted the downspouts, as well as any issues we had with the old ones, and then were done and clean-up just after Noon. JK truly is a family run business and it shows. The owners were there everyday and were actually working - not just "supervising". Went it came time to finalize our bill (they were neither the cheapest nor most expensive) with them it was exactly what we had been quoted at the beginning, there were no hidden costs or extra fees. They genuinely under-promised & over-delivered for our project and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We have an early 70's colonial that still had the original siding, a roof that was more than 20 years old, and gutters that were on their last legs.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

09/17/2017

Terry J.

Andy had samples of the materials on hand when he quoted the job, which is much better than looking at a brochure. Professional crew and clean up was exceptional. JK Construction did what they said they were going to do. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Roof, siding, gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

08/09/2017

Ken L.

Did all in one day. Had crew of 8 people. Had few minor issues which were fixed in few days. Good company, not the cheapest and rather on the high price range. But very good experienced team....

Description of Work
Exterior Trim

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

06/20/2017

Erica G.

The job went well, and fairly quick. I had numerous estimates given by various companies. JK Home Improvement were not the least expensive,and they were not the most expensive either. Although, I was nervous about choosing this company, due to it being a smaller company...I did my research and read many positive reviews from prior customers. I am pleased with the work that JK Home Improvement performed and also the customer service, in which was given.

Description of Work
JK Improvement, replaced our old aluminum siding with new vinyl siding and also replaced gutters.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

06/14/2017

John P.

JK Home Improvements was originally considered for this project. Andy was very confident in their ability and their quality. We did speak with a few contractors and after receiving a few bids we went with another contractor. Unfortunately that quickly turned into a disaster and the contract was voided. So I called JK Home Improvements again. We explained what had happened with the first contractor and the terrible experience we had and why we were calling him back. He was ready to accept the 25% down payment on the original bid, but I wanted to walk through everything on the project again to confirm they could complete the job on our timeline. Andy was ready to proceed after the second walk through but we needed a window estimate because we added it to the original bid. He said he would get the revised estimate to us after hearing from the window rep. It would take a few days. We waited and then a few days after his visit he was back with someone walking around the house without letting us know he was coming. We were home and it caught us off guard to see people walking in the backyard unannounced. They left before we could talk with them. The next day he texted me stating my email was not delivering and we determined he made a typo in my email address. He corrected it and a short while later I got an email stating they now had concerns over one area of our home and they felt they couldn't do the entire project. I was shocked. No phone call, no discussion, and two separate visits walking through in detail the project and suddenly by email we find out they won't do the project. My neighbor had their home done by JK Home Improvements and I see they do quality work, but the customer service I received was less then professional.

Description of Work
Trim , soffits and gutters, a whole house wrap. They would replace all rotten wood before the updates where to be applied.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, woodworking