Independent Lawn Service

Founded 1997 • With Angi since March 2006

12853 Levan Rd

Livonia, MI 48150

Locally owned & operated since 1997 Licensed & Insured Residential & Commercial Full program prepay discounts available...

05/31/2022

Marchelle S.

They are very punctual and come out about once a month. My lawn looks great and they have done a very good job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They service my lawn with fertilizer and weed control. I have been using them for about three years.

04/11/2022

Zelda T.

At the end of the season the grubs had eaten up my yard. I called Independent to come back. Patrick, the Service Manager sent a serviceman out to retreat the grub problem. He told me it was at the end of the season and they couldn’t reseed my yard. So, I called this year to see if they were going to fix my yard from last year. I was told only if I sign up for this year. Well Sir, why would I use you this year when you haven’t fixed last years problem. My grass has never ever looked this horrible. Another occasion the serviceman swore he sprayed my yard. I heard him placed the invoice on my door, and I ran out to stop him. I said you didn’t treat my yard he got huffy with me stating he did, and I know fully well he hadn’t. My mistake was not immediately following up on this. When I did speak with Patrick service Manager, he went into this rage about how long ago that was and blah, blah, blah. It was MY fault for waiting so long. I take much pride in my yard and I spend quality time out there. This is the worst I have ever seen my yard. So, if you want a yard to look like this, then use Independent Lawn Seevice.

Description of Work
I used the program for the season, and I paid an additional amount for grub control.

Category pest control

09/21/2021

Stephanie W.

We had been pleased with this company until I found out that they weren't going to honor the price I was given in the spring for my fall overseeding. I had been given a price by Emily and told that I could get that pre-pay price in the fall and that someone would call me to set it up. Evidently Emily doesn't work there any more (I was told "you can see why now" by the manager which was totally unprofessional. I hadn't heard about my overseeding appointment and so I called. The manager, Patrick, was not willing to honor the price I was given and it was $108 more than I was quoted. When I indicated that I would need to cancel moving forward because of being unprofessional, he didn't act like he cared at all. If you don't value your customers, you won't get my business. Beware - they don't honor what they say as a company.

Description of Work
Weed Control and Overseeding

Category pest control, lawn treatment

03/18/2019

Zach G.

Independent Lawn Service provides competitive pricing and good client service, which is important when you need to have any issues addressed. They are reliable and their products seem to work well. Technicians do work thoroughly - they do it quickly, but they apply fertilizers on the entire lawn. We have been with them for a year and are sad though that they will no longer serve our area this year.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization and Tree/Shrub Care

Category lawn treatment, tree service

09/18/2018

Gary S.

Fast - material applied next day, waiting for results

Description of Work
repair and fertilization

09/09/2018

Kuo S.

the grass looked good. they did not bother me. just came and finished the work.

Description of Work
nothing. just pay money

01/12/2018

Fred B.

Lawn done on time with improvement in weed control, greening, and mole control Aeration done on a muddy day, done a little too fast so tractor tires tore up lawn at turns Tree spraying done late and refunded due to lack of effectiveness

Description of Work
lawn fertilization, seeding, aeration, mole control, tree spraying,

12/18/2017

P V.

Went well. Services completed as advertised. Very prompt and good customer service. I would use them again and recommend them to.

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration and fertilization

12/04/2017

Paul C.

They came when scheduled and did complete plugging of front and back yard. Also followed up with fall fertilizer. Great job...

Description of Work
lawn pluging and winter fertilizer

Category irrigation systems, lawn treatment

11/17/2017

Margaret D.

Since I hired them late in the summer, they only came out three times to apply product to my lawn. They did not try to sell me more explaining that other applications would be done next year. My lawn was a mess with weeds and bare spots. It looks much better now and I look forward to having them back next year.

Description of Work
fertilization and weed control for lawn

11/10/2017

Edward and Susan G.

I would use them again I am probably going to resign for next year.

Description of Work
Lawn service.

11/06/2017

Shane C.

Services were performed timely and professionally will good results.

Description of Work
Weed control fertilization.

10/26/2017

David F.

These guys did the week kill and lawn evaluation within days of me signing up. We noticed the weeds dying soon after and they have not come back. The aeration was scheduled last week and was completed on time and a great job done with no inconvenience. The price was superb. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
This was for a weed kill and lawn evaluation plus a fall aeration.

10/16/2017

JAMES P.

It didn't go at all. I received an email from the owner the next day after purchase saying they didn't go to Southfield (11 miles from their office in Livonia) and that I should request a refund. Nowhere in the offer or their website were listed service area restrictions - I suggested listing zip codes they *will* service so customers outside their area don't buy this. My payment of $79 was instant but it will take 3-5 business days for the money to be refunded to my account. That could have been avoided. I don't think 11 miles is too far but if it is, just say so up front before I commit my payment.

Description of Work
Fall special of $79 for lawn aeration, fertilizer and weed control. A great deal if they service you.

09/20/2017

Karl K.

After one year of service the lawn really improved.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization, weed control and aeration and seeding

09/05/2017

Barbara K.

Hard to judge how much this works, but with respect to communication and providing the service, they are fine.

Description of Work
Spraying for spiders and mosquitoes

Category pest control

09/05/2017

Lanie H.

THE SERVICE WAS GREAT. THEY CALLED AFTER I MADE THE PURCHASE TO SCHEDULE AN APPT AND ARRIVED ON TIME. THEY WERE COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL. I REHIRED THEM FOR FALL AERATION AND RESEEDING.

Description of Work
FERTILIZATION AND BUG CONTROL TREATMENT

08/24/2017

michael S.

I felt they did a good job. They were on time. That is something that is important to me for people to show up when they say they are going to show up. They did all of that.

Description of Work
$79 for Spring Fertilization and Perimeter Pest Control,

Category pest control, lawn treatment

08/24/2017

michael S.

I bought this deal because I thought it was a good price for what I wanted. There was no additional cost because I stick to the quoted price. All I was really looking for was the aeration because she had the equipment and I don't. Since they are throwing in the fertilization, I get that too since it is included and a good price.

Description of Work
Big deal for $79 for Spring Aeration, Fertilization Includes Crabgrass Prevention.

08/21/2017

Marybeth T.

They always call at least a day before arriving. They are professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Aeration and summer lawn fertiliser & weed prevention.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

08/05/2017

Colby F.

I paid Angie's list and made appointment with the vendor.

Description of Work
Spread a combination of weed and fertilizer on lawn

07/19/2017

Lisa M.

Bought the coupon for $41 lawn analysis because even though we had been using TruGreen for two years, our lawn looked horrible. Wesley diagnosed the problem, showed us exactly what damage the insects were doing, and pointed-out other invading grasses. Within 3 days they applied a insecticide and then a granular fertilizer, along with a weed killer spot check.

Description of Work
Lawn analysis, insecticide, & fertilizer

07/17/2017

Bryan B.

They came out and performed two fertilizer treatments and an aeration. The lawn improved so much so quickly, and they were so professional that I hired them to treat the lawn for the rest of the year.

Description of Work
I needed help with my lawn in a high clay area where the lawn was beginning to grow very patchy and areas were dying. I needed someone to help us with that.

07/14/2017

Kathleen K.

Very well, I like the report they leave after service.

Description of Work
Weed elimination and prevention.

07/01/2017

Andrew S.

I assumed that the 2 services would be done on the same day. Only the fert/antiweed was done at first, so I called them and they explained the aeration would be done later. I don't believe that had been communicated to me before. I also got a bill after the fert/antiweed and before the aeration, which confused me, since I had purchased the Angie's List deal upfront. The let me know that I could ignore that. So, some awkwardness, but all the work was done. Glad I did it.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization/weed killer application, plus lawn aeration.

Midwest Green Pest Control

We offer pest control solutions for residential and commercial buildings. We treat for pest like Mosquitoes, Ants, Roaches, Mice, Bed Bugs, Box Elders, Beetles and more. We offer organic treatment options inside and out (including for mosquitoes), as well as safe but stronger pesticides as needed. I am the owner operator and have been in the pest control industry for 14 years. I started as a bed bug technician in Detroit in 2008 and had worked my way up to management at the largest pest control company in the world. I know what it means to put the customer first and offer a money back guarantee with every service. We believe in giving back to our community and 10% of profits will be donated to local charities.

Clean Cut Tree Experts Inc

Clean Cut Tree Experts is owned and operated by Jeremy Clarke. Jeremy has been trimming and removing trees for over 18 years now. We are a member of the BBB, check us out. We offer: Free Estimates (within 3 days, appointments available) Quality work Clean prompt service Will try to beat any fully insured company's written estimate For more information check out our website at cleancuttreeexperts.com

Blessed Pest Solutions

We are a family owned and operated business that was established in 2021. We specialize in all residential pest control, including bed bugs, roaches and mosquito treatments. We offer mice and rodent services as well. You will always receive personal attention from us, as we value the relationships formed with our customers. We are local in SE Michigan, and available to give quotes via phone or web every day. Please contact us now with your pest concerns!

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Residential & Commercial lawn fertilization, weed control, aerations, seeding, grub prevention, insect control, fungicides, landscaping, mulch, tree care, disease sprays, deep root feeding, dormant oil, winter guard & salting.