D & R CHIMNEY SWEEP

Founded 1979 • With Angi since February 2009

4.4

D&R Chimney Sweep is a full service chimney company we clean fireplaces and woodstoves, do repairs and instalations of woodstove. Also chimney caps and water protection of chimneys....

Pride Property Services LLC

Pride Property Services LLC

We specialize in lawn care, landscaping, hardscaping, fencing, patios, grading, etc. *We do not snowplow*

11/19/2015

Brian came out exactly when he said he would be at my home.  He was very helpful with explaining what he was doing, what he would be looking for and very efficient in his work.  He also gave us ideas to what we need to do during the winter with the fireplace and gave us a fair estimate for work to be done in the spring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provided cleaning of chimney for fireplace and inspected chimney liners

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

05/31/2014

11/02/2013

Excellent service. Extremely communicative; very professional and friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaned and inspected chimney

10/17/2013

punctual, clean but changed the price once the work was completed. Added pulling insert cost after work completed. How would he clean the fireplace without pulling the insert.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
pulled fireplace insert and cleaned fireplace up to the damper.

CATEGORY chimney sweep

I did not change the price it is 159 dollars for a chimney cleaning, to pull an insert it can depend on what is involved this was explained before any work is done. The inserts are very heavy. Also it was explained that his insert was not up to code, it should have a stainless liner connected to it. I tried to help him out but that obviously was not go enough. Sorry for that.

11/21/2012

They were on my property for just over an hour. Most of that was cleaning the chimney for the agreed $165. The last 20 min were attaching a new cap instead of returning the existing cap. The new cap was put on backwards.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
D&R Chimney Sweep was called to change my cap. Brian suggested the chimney be cleaned first. On the phone he couldn't give an estimate for the work I needed. We agreed to have the chimney cleaned for $165. Then once he could see what was involved he would charge me by the hour. The cleaning took about 45 min. I was then charged $260 for the next 15 min. that it took to complete the job. Before leaving Brian realized the vent tubes were incorrectly installed. I said I thought I could make it work. I couldn't and called Brian. He became arguementitive and said he did what I asked. For that kind of money I would have expected his expertise to over ride my opinion.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps

LOL, (deleted member name) called me back in November and I explained to him that I did not install gas units. He explained that no one would go up on his very high and steep roof. I told him that I would try and help out. After cleaning his fireplace for $159, the normal rate, I explained the charge for two men was $265. The job was dangerous for dropping a liner down his chimney, also cutting an...

Chimney repairs, brick mortar work, water repair, inserts, woodstoves, fireplaces, chimney caps, inspections, repairs & stainless steel inserts.