Stay Dry Basement Waterproofing Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2010

4600 N Grand River Ave Ste F

Lansing, MI 48906

As a multi year Super Service Award winner with over 100 years of combined experience, StayDry is the standard-bearer for basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing, foundation repair, and similar services for homeowners and businesses. Our expert contractors take pride in their workmanship, and they’ll educate you on the different approaches to eliminate leaks in your foundation and keep your basement safe from water damage. We’re so confident in our abilities that we’ll offer you a fully transferable, lifetime warranty on many of our services. No fine print, no questions asked. We’ll work with you to make sure you get the service you need by identifying the problem and providing you the best solution. And if it turns out that basement waterproofing isn’t what you need—if new ground-level windows would serve you better, for instance—we’ll point you in the right direction. Additional phones - (877) 821-4675, (616) 975-0635, (517) 879-2008, (269) 978-6895. Please call us directly or e-mail us directly at info@staydryinc.com. Award Winning....

03/21/2021

Jason A.

Such hacks! They will hillbilly it up real good for ya, but if you want it done right the first time or at all look elsewhere! I was initially impressed with the owner David Brown who came out to give me an estimate. He was very respectful and didn’t try to up-sell me, but it was all down hill after that. I decided to have my existing sump pump replaced and have a battery backup pump installed with a “pump spy” smart outlet. Pam said the installer would show up at 9am and have no problem being done by the time I had to leave for work at noon. I asked Pam if they would clean out my sump pit that had probably never been cleaned before installing the new pumps or if that was something I needed to do. I was assured that the installer would bring a shop vac and do that for me. On 03/01/21 an installer that I thought was “Perry” since that was the name on the side of his truck, showed up. Turns out he was just driving Perry’s old truck. Anyway, their installer showed up and started taking things apart, but then had to leave for I think a check valve. He returned and assembled everything, but it wouldn’t fit in my pit, so he had to take it back apart and re-assemble everything. Turns out my old discharge pipe was plugged up with rusty crud. The installer said he would get some “Iron Out” for me. At this point I asked again if my pit would be cleaned since I didn’t want all that crud going through my new pumps etc. He said he would, but in the end he never did. He ended up telling me that the pit was fine and anything in there was hard and couldn’t be cleaned off, which was totally not true. I also never saw any “Iron Out” that he said he would leave for me and that I could use periodically. Since the installer unplugged the pipe the new pump moved water out the discharge a lot better and it was splashing back outside where it went into my buried line. I attached a hose so that it discharged out into the yard instead of splashing back near the house. The installer told me he would just stick a pipe farther down into the opening. I questioned how the water would escape if it needed to and was assured it would be fine. Well after I checked what he did I saw that now the water was spraying back against the house. I headed downstairs to tell him and he said, that he realized this too once water started running down my basement wall behind my electric box, which fried the “pump spy” smart outlet he had installed. He had to call and have someone bring him out a new smart outlet. He didn’t offer to help set up the app or smart outlet, but I eventually had to call “pump spy” to have the first smart outlet I set up removed from the app, which the company said contacting them was the only way to do that. Since things are such a giant mess I called my work and was able to use a personal day. I told the installer that I had taken the day off work now and that there was no rush, so he could take his time and do the job right. Spoiler, he didn’t do it right. When he said he was finished I had to ask him to secure the discharge pipe somehow between the pumps and where it went through the wall, which he did with some metal banding. This is also when I was told the pit didn’t need to be cleaned. Later once the water had a chance to settle I noticed tons of sludge, slime and chunks of debris still in the pit and the walls of the pit hadn’t even been attempted to be cleaned. I knew the brown on the pit just wiped off because I had already wiped off what I could reach. Also somewhere around the check valve was leaking and dripping down the pipe. The battery backups and all the cords and wires were left in a giant tangled pile. Zero effort was put into making anything look decent. Since it was after 6pm or something I ended up getting Stay Dry’s main number and they said it wasn’t an emergency and they would leave a message for Lansing Stay Dry. So at noon the next day I hadn’t heard anything, so I had to call them. They said they would send someone out with a shop vac this time to clean the pit and fix the leak, but it wouldn’t be until Thursday. On 03/04/21 at 10am someone shows up. As I’m putting my mask on I try to nicely say something like “Are we supposed to wear masks?” to which I am told “I don’t wear masks”. So the person they sent to redeem themselves after the circus on day 1 is someone who refuses to wear a mask in customer homes during a pandemic. Got it. This guy does take some Iron out and after I give him a brush (since he didn’t bring one or any rags or anything) scrubs the pit a little bit, sucks a little bit out with the shop vac and tightens up some connections around the check valve. The pit does look better and he leaves the rest of the Iron Out. He tells me the check valve area is leaking because the pipe is crooked and that he’s going to take the battery’s that I spent lots of time tidying up and move them against the pipe to steady it. I told him that’s how the installer on day 1 left the pipe, and that I had to ask him to even secure it with the metal banding. I went and got a cement block out of the garage to place against the pipe to steady it instead of moving everything I had cleaned up already. I also laid down cardboard and plastic on the floor, since none of these guys wear boot covers or clean up the water and mess and I was sick of cleaning up. He says there was an option for a new pit and cover that would secure the pipe. I was never offered or told about these options until now. Guess what? The next day I see the check valve is STILL LEAKING! I contact Pam and she says they will send out “Perry”, the real Perry who “manages the crews”. I’m confused thinking they’re sending the same guy from day 1. When the real Perry comes out on 03/10/21 he explains about someone else driving his old truck. I think he said his name was “John?”. Anyway, Perry, puts on boot covers and a mask which is nice. He looks at the check valve and says “This isn’t even one of our check valves” and seems to insinuate that something fishy was maybe up. I told him “That is the check valve your guy installed.” Maybe he just ran to the hardware store to get on when he realized he didn’t have one on his truck or something? Perry replaces the check valve and the pipe is crooked again, but not as crooked as the first installer (John?) left it. I say how the no-mask installer said if it’s crooked it will leak and Perry says that’s not true, and I guess he was right. It is no longer leaking. So finally after 3 tries, this company was able to sort of pull off the job. It felt like they put the bare minimum of effort into trying to fix their mistakes or make me happy. Since nobody was returning my calls I tried calling the owners cell number that was on the card he left when he came for the estimate. He sent me straight to voicemail and I immediately received a call from Pam. I would never use this company again and wanted to share my experience with them. There was so much they did wrong that I’m sure I’ve left some things out.

Description of Work
Sump Pump replaced

Category wells

08/10/2020

David G.

Very professional and well-done work to perform repairs to 4 cracks that were leaking from previous repairs and repaired multiple rod holes in foundation. Many of which either were actively leaking prior to repairs or showing signs of leaking soon. The tech, Randy, had previously not been out to site before for quote. But took the time prior to starting any work to go over the proposal and review all work that was expected to be performed to verify his and my expectations were both in alignment. About halfway through the job had me re-verify that all rod holes that were previously identified and discussed were being addressed. Did a great job performing clean up and stayed later than expected to fully complete the job instead of calling it a day in the middle of the work. Would highly recommend Stay Dry to others for work to repair foundation cracks and rod hole leaks.

Description of Work
Foundation Cracks and Rod Hole Repairs

07/24/2020

Matthew H.

We had a basement that always had water in it almost year round. We decided to sell the house and move to North Carolina. Still trying to sell the home we decided to have a French Drain System put in with a bleeder line, as it would not sell as it was. The Stay Dry team was excellent from start to finish. Their team was professional and was accommodating to the fact that we needed to keep the home clean due to selling it and took extra steps to ensure no contamination spread to the rest of the house. After the job was done I have had zero issues with water and we are closing on our home today. Thank you so much for your hard work and courtesy Stay Dry! Pictures below are just after washing and cleaning. It appears wet but was completely dry the next day.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

03/31/2020

TREVER D.

they did not stand by their work at all they did not honor their warranty my warranty says that they guarantee the area that they waterproofed with the stay dry system to be free from water leakage for lifetime regardless of ownership and will at no additional cost to the customer provide such labor and materials as required should service be required. A ventricle you told me that it wasn't their problem and that if I wanted anything done they would have to fix it and charge me $2,300 more they said thatthe warranty only covers the perimeter of the basement and not the inside of the basement which makes no sense whatsoever because they sell it as keeping your basement dry and that it will stop the water from coming into your basement if you get this service from them they will not stand by their work your basement May leak from the center through the concrete and they will not do anything to fix it I spoke to the owner and he threatened to come to my house and settle it man to man and he also encourage me to sue him and that he would drag it out in court forever and I didn't know who I was messing with David is the owner and he repeatedly told me to go ahead and sue him go ahead and sue him go ahead and sue him he has no customer service they will not stand by their work and everybody who is considering having these people work for them need to know that this company is a scam and fraud look them up on the better business bureau your warranty is worthless

Description of Work
Warranty work on a stay dry interior waterproofing system that they installed

12/16/2018

Edward K.

Service was scheduled quickly and done fast. Manager has yet to checkout the job and complete the transferable life time warranty, but I have not called them back yet since the job was done. Everyone was friendly and informative, and understood the situation, where some other waterproofers never came to the house to quote the job.

Description of Work
Inject crack in basement wall

11/13/2018

Kristin A.

Great! Representative was running late; called to advise. Went over everything in detail; answered all questions presented; left estimate. I will be doing the work in the spring.

Description of Work
Quote for waterproofing basement

11/05/2018

Donald J T.

The StayDry inspector, Michael A., came out to my home on September 27th at the prearranged time to estimate a water problem that I was having outside the home. He indicated that a french drain would solve the water accumulation problem that I was experiencing and basement waterproofing was premature at this point. I asked for a quote on both – the French drain outside and the inside basement waterproofing. He agreed to send me both. I called Michael A. after waiting 10 days for the quote. He apologized and said that he was very busy because of the size of his region. He said that he would email the quote out to me that night. I received nothing in the next seven days. I sent him 2 emails requesting an attachment and placed a call that was ignored. I do not want to do business with a company that doesn’t have the courage and courtesy to say “Not Interested” to a potential customer.

Description of Work
Water accumulation outside next to basement wall

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

10/19/2018

Martin O.

project has not been started as of this date. Some problems in regards to the work to be performed. Price and other concerns. Once project is completed, will do a complete review.

Description of Work
basement water proofing.

Category basement waterproofing

I believe you may have the wrong company. We generally don't do work in Ironwood and I cannot find you anywhere in our system. Please advise. Thanks,

06/02/2018

David C.

I scheduled someone to come out at 9am on a Friday. I received a call from the employee around 8:30am stating they were going to be late. Since I had work, we rescheduled for Saturday morning (the next day) for 9am. No one ever showed or called to tell me they were not making it. I called the company and they reviewed the situation. We ended up scheduling someone else to come out the next Saturday. Again, no one showed or called to say they were not coming. I am waiting for a response from them but am very disappointed.

Description of Work
I called to schedule an estimate for some basement work.

04/11/2018

Julie D.

They were promt in returing our call . They did very good work.

Description of Work
Basement crack

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you!