Palmer Construction

3120 Pinetree Rd

Lansing, MI 48911

05/20/2022

David M.

Quality of product installed and workmanship I am pleased with. However, post install is why I have deemed necessary to leave this review. The crew left food waste in our yard and gutters. Lawn was not adequately swept for nails and staples. Upon reinstalling my TV antenna, observed pieces of shingle, siding, aluminum flashing, nails and staples in one gutter. This prompted me to inspect all gutters, where I found more of the same. Had two exhaust vents installed for bathroom fans. The crew did not leave necessary couplers to connect provided duct to vents in attic. The project manager provided necessary couplings by personally delivering to my house which I am appreciative of. Discovered packaging material from shingles, along with shingle remnants in my attic. The sales presentation and documentation was why I chose Palmer Construction over lowest bidder, about $5000. The owner and sales person have yet to reply to my emails and/or phone messages. The project manager is the only staff who contacted me and followed up. Not how I would run my business or manage my staff. They also jeopardized an opportunity to earn an additional project. I got a new roof which hopefully will last until I move and they got my money.

Description of Work
New asphalt shingle roof

02/15/2020

Brian K.

Palmer has worked all over our neighborhood and provided examples of their work .. neighbors were pleased to discuss and were uniformly enthusiastic. So we hired them. On time, in budget. Foreman checked in often on the job. Tradesmen were able, friendly, informative, and cleaned up the site when they left (except for sawdust that was under the snow!) I'm already getting myself on their schedule for more work.

Description of Work
Replace roof (first job), repair defective window installations by prior contractor, replace windows (second job(

Category roofing, water damage restoration

03/28/2019

Jack M.

Excellent. No problems. Everything was done as stated and we were extremely happy.

Description of Work
Roof and deck installation.

Category decks, roofing

01/25/2019

Linda Chapel J.

Great from start to finish. Unlike some other bidders, there was no high-pressure salesmanship when we discussed the quote. There was some lag between signing the contract and starting the job but we were well informed ahead of time and project manager Jake Strank kept us in the loop about any schedule changes (there weren't many). The guys were above-and-beyond patient with kids and dogs hovering around the site. They finished the job when they said they would. The house looks beautiful. The quote originally sounded high but when I added it all up--2 or 3 guys per day x more than 2 weeks plus all the extras we wanted--it seemed more reasonable. Thanks Jake & crew! I hope you'll be available when I get around to replacing the rest of the windows and refinishing the porch.

Description of Work
"Siding plus": included eaves/gutters/downspouts, gutter guard etc., plus a few window replacements and framing in a door for a 3-sided open shed attached to the house.

Category gutter repair, insulation, siding, replacement windows

10/20/2018

Daniel C.

Palmer Construction is a Lansing, MI, based company, serving the General Lansing Area and family run company since 1997. Focus on quality installations and value to the customer. We strives to achieve its defined Mission, Vision, Core Values, Service Standards. By recognizing our failures, having fallen short of our lofty goals, we find grace in making improvements to become better at serving others, in hopes of having a positive impact on our industry (Roofing & Residential Construction). We focus our services to residential exterior (Roofing, Siding, Windows & Decks) and Restoration (Fire, Water, Storm, home insurance related construction)

Description of Work
Replaced cedar siding and trim on three dormers

Category contractors, roofing, siding

08/25/2018

John W.

The whole process was done very professionally all the way from the first visit and inspection through the professionally prepared quotation to co-ordination (we had a weather problem) to the actual work and then the follow up inspection for final approval. We not only are extremely pleased but have contracted for some additional work to be done on our home in the near future. You won't go wrong using Palmer Construction for your project.

Description of Work
Replaced 9 skylights at our home

04/12/2018

BRIAN T.

Found area under siding where flashing needed to be added to prevent water from entering. Insulation added to interior dry walled sections (missed by builder crew). My home is warm and dry again! I am already having them look at another project.

Description of Work
Track down and repair water leak in roof. Add insulation to crawl space area

Category insulation, roofing

03/18/2018

Laura L.

Although there was a slight hiccup with the salesman being a bit flaky, the management made certain the work got done quickly.

Description of Work
A back door to the garage needed replacement.

Category doors

11/08/2017

Dave M.

The job was actually moved up in the schedule. Installation gentlemen were prompt, performed high quality installation and clean up. I would highly recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
We had seven Windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

Barbara P.

I liked their work ethic, their friendliness, the speed in which they got it done. They did my huge house in four days. They cleaned everything up each day. I just can't say enough about them. They were just really good. I would absolutely use them again. All of my neighbor's in the cul-de-sac said that when they need their roof done, they will use them too. They impressed everyone up here. There is a 30 year guarantee on the shingles. I can pass that down to a buyer if I sell the house. That was a plus for me because it is a selling point.

Description of Work
They replaced the roof.

Barbara P.

This was their base charge. When the guy came out, it was a very simple situation. He felt bad that he had to charge me that much, but that's what I agreed to. That's when he went around and looked at the rest of the roof. He gave me an opinion of what my roof's status was. They are "A"s across the board. I would recommend them for their professionalism. I liked the way they operated. I felt comfortable with them. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They did a repair on the roof.

Barbara P.

I had checked them out on Angie's List and read a few reports. I was so impressed with their company and professionalism that I didn't bother getting other quotes. They quoted me exactly what the cost ended up being. It was a wonderful experience with them. I had them out before to repair something. They were very honest and forthright. They were very efficient. I was impressed with the company all around. Roof's aren't cheap. I don't know if they were high or low. It was the only quote I got.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for taking off the old roof, replacing the roof, taking my gutter helmets off and put them back on. It was also for putting in a new skylight in the bathroom upstairs.

Category roofing, skylights

07/04/2017

Jennifer C.

All Palmer staff and subcontractors were unfailingly polite, pleasant, professional, and thorough. They cleaned up after themselves, communicated clearly with me about timeline, problems encountered, etc. They took feedback in stride and were just all around great. I highly recommend them. They'll be painting our house this summer and probably doing a patio project in 2018 for us.

Description of Work
We contracted with Palmer to have a mudroom addition on our house.

Category remodeling, house painters

We take great pride in our customer service and definitely appreciate the feedback. Glad you were satisfied and we look forward to helping you in the future.

06/12/2017

Barbara P.

Job well done. Very professional, prompt, knowledgeable. Came back a few days after installation to be sure all was done correctly. Called back workers that day to make corrections as needed. Replaced gutter guards as contracted.

Description of Work
Remove old roof. Install new roof. Install new skylight. Replace gutter guards.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

04/23/2017

Mark K.

Better then expected. They had lots of crew members that worked very efficiently completing the whole job in two days. Clean up was amazing. Little to no nails or other pieces left behind on ground.

Description of Work
Roofing. I first hired Palmer construction 10 years ago to do a complete tear off and re-shingle of my previous house. It went so well I hired them again to do it for the new house we bought.

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]. We take great pride in our customer service! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks again!

04/20/2017

Catherine W.

Worst job ever. Siding coming apart, popping out, falling off. Did not use the siding on my house that was stated on the contract. Trim work awful. Installation of foam core, piece meal. Used the wrong length nails. Did not remove old siding in some spots. Do not use this company. I had to have my whole house re-sided by a different company. Waiting to see if my roof will start leaking as they left the hole in it. Siding that fell off was nailed and stapled back on. Put trim where soffit should have gone. Inexperienced workers. Question the licensing of the workers.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding.

Category insulation, roofing, siding

04/09/2017

Nicole J.

Smoothly! Called quite a few places, no return call or way too much to fix in an emergency. Dale sent Jason out the same day & didn't overcharge us for emergency call & repair. Jason was professional & answered all of our questions. We will need a new roof next year & will definitely make Palmer our first call. All of those companies who didn't bother to at least call back (Weathergard, Acme Roof, DNA Advanced Renov. & Dollins Co.), we will NOT be wasting our time on you either. Thanks Palmer.

Description of Work
Fixed active leak in roof

02/04/2017

Annick A.

Leaking continued after since this wasn't the problem at all. Waisted $1600 to have a patched roof that doesn't look good. After leaking again, they came back (after not returning calls for a while) and said they could repaint the ceiling and couldn't do anything bc the work wasn't guaranteed. Not going to hire them again for any job. Had chimney cap changed and chimney sealed by another company and there is no more leaking.

Description of Work
We had a problem with chimney - they patched the roof, didn't fix the problem.

Category roofing, chimney repair

We sorry to here that the roof repair didn't fix the problem. We have tried to reach out to the home owners to see if we could resolve the leaking issue. Unfortunately we still have not heard back from them.

12/26/2016

Carol D.

Everything went fine, last year and this year. They are as punctual as possible -- unless heavy rain delays certain outdoor things like setting concrete, which cannot be avoided -- and pleasant, and professional, and helpful. Most of all both Jake and Ian are very smart at figuring out the best way to solve a problem. I would not go anywhere else.

Description of Work
We first hired Palmer Construction a year or so ago, for a sunroom roof problem that had spread and ended up ruining some floor tiles. We had assumed that this was going to be a big, expensive job: it wasn't. I was amazed at how quickly Jake evaluated the problem and knew exactly what to do for a lasting fix. A year later, I'm just as pleased. Everyone was extremely pleasant to work with, professional, and ON TIME. And the cost was less that other estimates. A year later we hired Palmer again to replace some rotting, unattractive wooden posts holding up a front-porch roof with some sort of maintenance-free PVC/vinyl substitutes and to rebuild some lattice structures for climbing vines with the same product. It looks terrific. They also did a few other jobs at the same time.

Category decks, handyman service, roofing

12/20/2016

Sheila C.

Excellent. Work was done well, quickly and with attention to detail

Description of Work
I needed a new roof in the middle of winter in order to keep my homeowner's insurance.

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/23/2016

JOLENE V.

They removed an old leaky concrete porch and replaced it. We have been years trying to find someone to do this because it was complicated situation. And they were the only one who said yes, we can do it and we can do it safely. The extended roof had to be supported and other companies didn't want to do it. Our porch looks fantastic. Very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced our front porch.

10/23/2016

Jan T.

Not only was everybody professional, but they worked very hard, were fast, and worked long hours. Palmer Construction came out several days after I first talked to them and completed the work immediately. Two different supervisors came out, inspected the work, and had the guys fix up a couple other things. I was very satisfied, and would highly recommend Palmer Construction.

Description of Work
I needed a chimney cap, aluminum around all the doors (for exposed rotten wood),caulking around all windows, flashing on the roof, various shingles replaced, fascia, si ding fastened, shutters bolted to siding, etc. All around winterizing.

Category custom cabinets, roofing, siding, chimney repair

09/29/2016

Hillary T.

We had water damage at our home. They did not handle the restoration but did the reconstruction. They were prompt with the estimate, but went weeks over the time to complete the project. The project manager was friendly and responsive, but did not have things completed to our liking on the first try. To their credit, they continued to work on our home until things were to our satisfaction. The work is now complete, and the overall team was of good quality.

Description of Work
Reconstruction of two bathrooms and kitchen due to water damage including new floors, installation of kitchen cabinetry and counters. We did some of the work ourselves to save on costs.

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

09/16/2016

Julie K.

We had Palmer give us and estimate on removing and replacing our large deck. They were very prompt when meeting with us and very professional. We had a difficult time deciding between them and another contractor. We chose the other contractor base on a slight price savings. I would definitely consider Palmer in the future.

Description of Work
Deck deconstruction and reconstruction.

Category decks, roofing

08/29/2016

Carrie C.

They showed up on time on the day they said they would be there. I did ask the lead guy about having a new garage built. He said his area didn't do that but he would have another member of the company get back with me. No one ever did.

Description of Work
Installation of vented soffits and new gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Ameri Pro Restoration

Ameri Pro Restoration is your full service independent disaster restoration firm serving Mid and West Michigan completing over 5000 projects. We are dedicated to making your nightmare "bearable" by professionally restoring your home or business. We will work diligently for you, communicating to you to make sure everything is taken care in a quality manor with a 7 year workmanship and no odor warranty when we complete the entire project. Our 16 caring employees are here for you. Each of us are background checked, drug free and bonded for your peace of mind. Call day or night to speak to a actual manager or the owner. As the owner I am committed to ensure each project is completed in a timely and professional manor. Ron Brown - Owner.

McCool Repair

We are providers of handymen services in the area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom for the needs of each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, McCool Repair has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism, and customer service our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer professionally. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Call us today and find out how we can meet all handymen your needs!

Acculevel Inc

Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. A dry home is a healthy home. Acculevel is committed to providing the most technologically advanced repairs to help keep your home dry and on a safe foundation. A strong foundation protects your home's structure, lowers utility bills and maintains the value of your property. Check our pictures for the signs & symptoms of foundation & water damage, and then call Acculevel for your free visual inspection. 1-866-669-3349

Offers by Acculevel Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Roofing. Insulation. Doors. Windows. Siding. Decks. Remodeling. Water & smoke damage restoration. Mold remediation.