Design One Landscape Services

Founded 1992 • With Angi since January 2010

We appreciate your interest in becoming familiar with our friendly, professional services for all your landscaping needs. Serving Michigan residential and commercial landscaping needs since 1980. See videos of our work at https://www.designoneinc.com/new-design-one-service-highlight-video/...

A Service Provider's profile image

+57 more images

lawn & landscaping (97)mulch delivering (46)hardscaping (32)lawn care (16)Patios (12)tree service (9)landscape lighting (8)lawn treatment (3)irrigation system (3)fireplace services (2)

07/08/2022

Brian D.

Outstanding! Vance did a great job designing the perfect landscaping for our new home. He carefully selected plants and shrubs that complimented our home with color throughout the seasons. Vance was always professional and always available via text, email, or phone which is a rarity these days since the start of the pandemic. He always made it a point to stop by and follow up on the work each day. When on site with his Installation team, he always treated them with respect and created a sense of teamwork that you could feel. When the job was completed, he walked us through on how to take care of each of the plants as well as he offered his services to answer any questions that we might have in the future. Jesus and his install team were professional, responsive, timely, meticulous, and a pleasure to work with. We have received lots of questions about who completed the work and we are proud to recommend Vance and his team from Design One. We have received so many compliments from our neighbors. There are a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a landscaping company and we are PROUD of the decision we made to select Design One.

Description of Work
Complete landscaping including sod and irrigation for our new home.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 39790992

07/08/2022

whitney C.

The crew from Design One did an excellent job. We are so pleased with the results. The yard looks amazing! All work was completed in a timely manner and communication throughout was excellent. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing landscape work done!

Description of Work
Landscaping, mulch, grass seed

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

07/01/2022

GEORGE D.

First of all, we really didn't have a specific design in mind, and Vance worked with us over several visits to arrive at a plan that we were not only satisfied with, but very excited about. This followed with Vance meeting us at the materials supplier to select the exact pavers, contrasting border, and steps to use. Vance then worked with us on a specific start date, which Design One met to the day. The crew that was assigned our job was very professional, considerate, and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied every step of the way. They cleaned up the area at the end of every day, making sure we were not inconvenienced in any way throughout the job. They arrived promptly every day and completed the job on time within two weeks. So bottom line, we give Design One credit for not only helping us with the design of the job, but prompt execution with results we couldn't be happier with.

Description of Work
We had major landscaping of our back yard. This included the removal of existing brick pavers, steps, flagstone, and fence, regrading the entire area and significantly enlarging our patio area giving us more usable room. It also included the addition of a retaining wall, replacement steps, and all new pavers with contrasting border. Our contact Vance did the complete design, working with us over the winter to arrive at a plan that turned out well beyond our expectations.

Category landscaping, mulch, lakefront landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 39784444

11/14/2021

John K.

Excellent. Vance worked designed patio and landscaping based on our original sketch. Included all previous perennials as well as a number of new plantings. Team was prompt, cordial and very good at their jobs. Changes accommodated without any issues. Made sure were able to use patio even before the job was complete.

Description of Work
New Patio and landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, patios

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 39543054

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! It was a pleasure working with you and being of service. We hope you continue to enjoy your patio and plantings for years to come.

10/17/2021

Evan P.

Vance created a beautiful landscape design for our backyard, and the crew did a great job with the installation. After the job was done Vance walked us through the project and told us when and how to properly maintain each plant, and what to expect next season (how much they will grow, when they will bloom and for how long, etc.). The entire process was very smooth, and everyone we spoke with was very professional. The timeline for each step of the process was very reasonable, and the installation started and ended on schedule. Overall this was a great experience and I will definitely go back to them in the future. Note: I didn't shop around, so I don't feel qualified to provide a rating for price. However, I have no reason to believe that I didn't get a good value.

Description of Work
Landscape design and installation

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! It was a pleasure working with you and being of service. Hope you enjoy your new plants for years to come.

10/06/2021

Craig D.

The old deck was a mess, I am so glad I did not try to remove that beast myself. The Design One team worked around my whole house. Replaced front side walk, added a nice planter bed, added a side walk on the side (not flat cement), and put together a very nice stone patio in back. We are very happy with the work that the team performed. There was one stone that was out of stock this time of year and I plan on hiring the team back once this stone is available again for the back edge of the backyard.

Description of Work
Design One performed a considerable amount of Hardscaping at my house and removed an old deck.

Category landscaping, mulch, lakefront landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! It was a pleasure working with you and being of service. Hope you enjoy your new look outside - enjoy that patio for years to come!

09/14/2021

Stephen K.

The did a super job,finish right on time.We are very happy with it.

Description of Work
Landscaping around our new deck.

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. It was a pleasure working with you!

12/13/2020

Gregory L.

Excellent! Design one designed the patio and landscaping based on our input and choice of material Worked with irrigation and sod contractors to complete in record time and on budget

Description of Work
Patio and Landscaping

Category landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 39082815

10/30/2020

Carol D.

From the beginning, Vance worked with me to understand the desired outcome, present alternatives and work within my budget. They called to confirm the promised start date, and arrived on time. The weather was cold and rainy, but their crew (led by Tim) worked hard throughout the entire day without complaint. They took the time to consult with me on my preferences in terms of centering the new porch step and the exact location of new shrubs. When they noticed a roof drainage pipe was buried underground, they brought it to my attention and fixed it for a very minimal charge. Vance visited the site during the 2--day project to ensure all was going well. They were very professional throughout the entire process - no surprises and no extra charges. They even spent time explaining the best time of year and methods for pruning my older landscape shrubs and plants that weren't part of their refurbishment project. I would definitely use Design One again, and highly recommend them for landscape and hardscape projects.

Description of Work
Design One removed and replaced a large front porch step, replaced landscape trees and shrubs, and reworked the stone paver and plastic edging around the garden and in-ground pool.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

10/30/2020

Marc S.

Vance designed a great concept for my backyard remodel in a week and a half after our sit-down meeting. I ended up having only part of it installed this year and he adjusted appropriately. He also turned around drawings quickly for my HOA approval. Tim and his team showed up at 8am each of the two days of the job and they did a great job! They protected my lawn from the machinery needed for stonework, used quality materials, and cleaned up when they were done.

Description of Work
Dry Creek Bed Install

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Tom F.

The work was excellent. Following two, easy design discussions, the removal and install dates were set. Everything went exactly as planned. Two days total, from start to finish.

Description of Work
Remove sidewalk and install paver walkway.

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Kristen Y.

Design One did an amazing job with releveling the patio. Our patio was unbalanced in multiple places and now it feels like we have a completely new patio. The team also communicated well around the timeline of the project.

Description of Work
Releveling a patio

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Paul D.

Great service all around. They took a "hiccup" from the city in stride and made sure the work was completed and looking great!

Description of Work
Landscape wall

Category fireplaces, hardscaping

10/08/2020

Michael S.

I selected Design One Inc based on my neighbor using Design One Inc for the past 3 years for all of their landscape work and another neighbor using different local company and having the company back to fix things they did. When our 2 day job was finished and the workers pulled away in their trucks, I did not have anything to pick up and throw in the trash. Design One Inc did the job as planned and it looks beautiful. The neighbors have commented on how good it looks as well as the evening walkers. This is a job well done By Design One Inc.

Description of Work
The landscaping closest to the southeast corner of the house and around the lower deck at the rear of the house turned 20 years old and were over-grown. It was time to replace all this landscaping with something that could be managed, not grow over 6 feet tall and still fill-in this area of the house.

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

10/08/2020

Beth M.

Excellent. Efficient, prompt, responsive, lots of great ideas that we had not thought of, great to work with, job completed as promised. Very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend. Our designer, Amanda, was wonderful to work with and I learned a lot from her about plants and trees.

Description of Work
Landscaping in beds around entire house and large berm. Including some brick work, pavers, edging and landscape lighting.

Category mulch, fireplaces, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

10/05/2020

Raymond M.

Overall I'm pleased with the work. It turned out well, and the crew was in and out in a day. I had a tree removed, and there were no signs that a tree was there, clean up impressed me. I replaced the tree with a ten-foot Blue Spruce, and in my opinion, could have been better selected, or even placed differently to hide bare spots from incoming traffic, but I'm hopeful the pine comes into its own. Since I've only been in the home 11-months, I knew that taking care of an eyesore around the cable box in the yard next to the driveway needed attention too. The crew removed the railroad ties, leveled the area, and added arborvitaes and river rock, and it looks a thousand times better. I had used Design One on a project at my prior home where they removed a wood patio and replaced with pavers, and planted a row of arborvitaes and laid river rock. I believe that the result from said service added significant value since the home sold in four hours. Travis Perdue took care of the design, logistics making both experiences stress free. His attention to detail and knowledge is unsurpassed, and his professionalism from the cradle to the grave is outstanding. Come spring 2021; I'll have additional projects for Travis and the team at Design One. Note: The approximate cost of service includes both homes.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/03/2020

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 38924132

10/31/2019

Teresa B.

We were very pleased with the work. It was performed on schedule, and the job was finished more quickly than we expected. The crew was very professional and paid attention to detail. The result looks great!

Description of Work
Remove decaying wood terraces and stairs, replace with boulder walls and limestone steps. Tear out vines and undergrowth, plant grass.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

Review for Design One Landscape Services - 957 Brown Rd, Lake Orion, MI - 38205614

10/10/2019

Tyler S.

It went really well! Our Project Manager was responsive, patient and flexible as we worked with him on our design plan. He gave helpful and insightful feedback. Plus, he followed through, which really built our trust. The crew was punctual, professional, respectful and did a nice job. We would and will use Design One again as we tackle various outdoor upgrades.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

10/08/2019

Cynthia F.

They listened to everything I wanted and were able to get a design that looks aesthetically pleasing, works wonderfully, and drains exactly as expected by using the materials I'd wanted to use based on a bunch of research. They worked diligently and afterwards it looked great and in going with the border strip has helped avoid needing to use a weed trimmer near the wall for easier lawn work. Would definitely hire again if I needed more landscaping/hardscaping.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall installation

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

10/03/2019

glenn B.

This was a big project and it was completed seamlessly. My entire property got a huge facelift. The design of the landscaping truly makes a statement. Because of the design by Travis, this property defintetly makes a statement. It is exceptional, looks stunning and could be featured in Better Homes and Garden. I spent a lot of time with Travis and it was a pleasure interacting with him. It is rare that you find an individual who really cares about the quality of the work, and an individual that has integrity and good character. Travis is really talented, and the finished product speaks for itself.

Description of Work
Design and Complete Landscape For New Build Home

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

09/26/2019

Sarah H.

We got to work with Travis P. on our project and he was more than helpful and responsive. They were able to get it done quickly and exactly how we wanted it. The retaining wall around our new raised deck looks great, and Travis was able to provide ideas to make it look how we envisioned it. We have worked with a lot of contractors and Design One was one of our better experiences. We will definitely be using them again if we have another project.

Description of Work
Design One built a retaining wall around our new deck, removed a path and landscaping that wasn't wanted anymore.

Category landscaping, tree service, lakefront landscaping

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

09/17/2019

Suzanne G.

Design One was a great company to work with! Travis came out to assess the property and delivered a beautiful design. The team installed a patio, pavers along the driveway, prepped the yard and laid sod. They were very good about keeping the job site clean when they left at the end of the day. Travis was always responsive with our questions, and when we asked about making a change, was able to work it out even late into the installation process. We are so happy with the way everything came together - the yard and patio look fabulous!

Description of Work
Patio and Landscape Design/Installation

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

09/26/2018

Jim A.

Overall it went excellent. They did a great job and satisfied about all the work. When I had a small issue with one of the projects, they promptly without hesitation came out and made sure I was completely satisfied. This is when you know this is a great company to use and work with. They already do great work, but if you have an issue, how do they solve your issue? This Company will go the extra mile for you. That's how I measure a company. I will use them again and refer them out.

Description of Work
Redoing Brick Pavers, Leveling the back yard, and cleaning up all the landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping