The Furnace Guy Inc

Kalamazoo, MI 49009

The Furnace Guy Inc...

06/18/2021

James H.

Poorly. If I could give zero stars I would. The only positive is he was on time. Scheduled an appt to install 2 thermostats. Upon scheduling they I told them I have 2 t9 systems unused, that I wanted a t9 or t10 thermostat and it is fine if they needed to use their own for whatever reason. The owner showed up on time. I informed him of the 2 systems not having the c wire. And that the t9s that I have are the type of system that I want and there is an adapter inside for c wire modification. I then showed him the area where the furnace/zoning is located. He for unclear reasons was investigating and strangely staring at my hot water heaters and boiler system and then said he isn’t doing any work here and walked out while having noticeable audible breathing issues while walking. Completely unprofessional without even listening to anything I mentioned earlier to him and also his staff when this was scheduled. I am concerned for his mental health and cognition and am pleased that no service was provided given this. I recommend for extreme caution for anyone who utilized this company.

Description of Work
Adding c-wires and install 2 thermostats

03/23/2020

Carrie W.

These guys are absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond my expectations of the work required and never hesitated once to ensure we had everything worked out and in order. Informative, kind hearted, professional, and hard working. We needed a new furnace, duct work, and central air. It was a time consuming project and entailed some nasty work as we have a very old house and Michigan basement. I absolutely recommend them for any furnace needs :)

Description of Work
Full furnace replacement, central air, duct work

05/09/2019

Janice B.

Excellent, they are courteous and professional.

Description of Work
They did some troubleshooting for a geothermal furnace.

01/24/2019

Nels Pete S.

It went very well...considering distance traveled and helpfulness. furnace now works fine. cost was well within reason considering distance traveled, helpfulness, and time to diagnose and correct problem

Description of Work
furnace would not start ...Saturday emergency call...he gave approx arrival and had 3 calls ahead of mine... gave me three suggestions to try and maybe get it going without him...didn't work so he came as soon as he could after the other 3 calls...distant oneway to me was 45miles +.....told him about 1/2 hr to trouble shoot and correct the problem...great job.

10/13/2017

Ric S.

He is always there on time. I believe his price is reasonable. He does good work.

Description of Work
He comes twice a year and cleans and updates the furnace.

06/26/2017

Rich N.

Well, his demeanor could be more professional, otherwise he was great

Description of Work
Ac work outside

04/10/2017

Cathy R.

Tech was knowledgeable, diagnosed problem very quickly and resolved with a simple fix.

Description of Work
Furnace noise

02/16/2017

Mary P.

This company was VERY easy to work with and VERY reasonable in price. Would use again and again and again! $173.00 for all three visits.

Description of Work
First Call - 9:00pm on a Thursday. Phil came out and got my furnace working. Second Call - Came back out the next day, furnace was not operating correctly. Third Call - Furnace was not working correctly. Came back out and was able to find the issue and fixed.

02/11/2017

Joe G.

We had an excellent experience with Phil and his crew. I called into their dispatch, when I came home to what smelled like an electrical fire. I ran around the house frantically, trying to find the source as I recently did some DIY electrical work. Turns out my board literally burned up. They had someone out to my house within an hour to take a look. The tech they sent out was knowledgable and quick to help get to the bottom of the problem. I had an old Lennox unit that was installed in 96'. It had seen some better days. My wife and I knew we would eventually need to replace the furnace and AC when we bought the place 5 years ago. The total of the service would have been around $365 for the service call and a $300 replacement board. I want to stress this next part. At no point did I ever feel pushed in a direction or pressured to replace my existing unit. I expressed my reservations to the service tech about pouring $300+ into a unit, only to later have to spend more for further repairs. I asked about a new unit, and he connected us with Phil the president. Phil came out (within an hour btw) and was sympathetic to our plight. He was very knowledgeable in presenting all the different options available to us (he knows his s***). He gave us his honest opinion, but never pushed us in a particular direction. He explained the best bang for our buck and we decided that we would replace the AC and Furnace with the Amana Two Stage Variable Fan option, complete with the Amana Two Stage AC, Humidifier and electronic Aprilaire filter. He even used our existing Nest thermostat and assured us that his company would handle the rebates through Consumers which was in the ballpark of $800+ that went back to us. We took advantage of their financing through a 3rd party with the intent of paying off with another form of credit later. Purchase process was easy and we were set up for the install within a day or so. The install crew was top notch! They came in, installed both the AC and Heater within 1.5 days. I honestly think they would have gotten it done in a day if they had the AC unit on hand. They were efficient, friendly and cleaned up after themselves. The units is beautiful (as beautiful as a heater can be, lol) and it the setup was flawless. We will definitely be following up with them for a yearly checkup/tuneup. I can't say enough about the professionalism and transparency of The Furnace Guys. Love the new furnace and the benefits of the package Phil helped us pick out. If you are in the market, they took care of us. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Description of Work
Respond to service call for old unit. Install New Heater and AC units.

12/05/2016

Dok S.

The Furnace Guy came out the day we bought our house, because the furnace would run for about 20 minutes and stop. He figured it out after a couple of hours and some trial and error. He left, thinking it was working, and we had to call him back because it stopped working again about an hour later. He came back, "stopped the clock" to just figure out how it was configured (which we appreciated!) and then fixed it ($239). We had to have some follow-up work done later that wasn't critical to getting the furnace to operate that day (humidifer), which we scheduled later with The Furnace Guy ($195). They arrived on time, go the work done effectively, and took the time to explain to my husband how to maintain the new humidifier system.

Description of Work
repair furnace in home just purchased

11/13/2016

Laurie M.

Perfect

Description of Work
installed new furnace and heat pump

01/13/2016

Wendy L.

Description of Work
Overall, I would recommend The Furnace Guy. Our only problem is that he recommended a wall unit to heat our bonus room that was not adequate. So we had to have them take out the old unit and put in a larger unit that did not fit the spot as well. Because they already drilled a hole through our wall and had the gas line set, it had to go in that spot. The new furnace functions much better but looks terrible. | |I wish the proper unit would have been recommended the first time so we would have had it put in the right place. Not to mention that we had to pay for labor and installation the second time around. | |

10/28/2015

Gary S.

Description of Work
New HVAC installed last year, check up and filter change, very pleased.

03/03/2015

Judith M.

My first interaction with the Furnace Guy was when my furnace went out on a Saturday morning after Christmas. The group that reqularly serviced the furnace could NOT be found. I called emergency numbers, went to the facility. I found the Furnace Guy in the phone book and Phil came right out. Of course we called them when we replaced the furnace. He came out and spent alot of time with me and my dad answering questions. I have had no problems with the funrace or service since. This was one of the best moves I made.

Description of Work
Yearly furnace maintenance.

10/07/2014

Gary S.

2 day install, went well.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and air conditioning system.

06/17/2014

Dale K.

Representative came out and took measurements and said they would prepare a bid within a week. It's been over a month and still haven't heard back from them. We've used them in the past and have always had excellent service, so was really surprised and disappointed with this situation.

Description of Work
Requested a bid for installation of a split a/c system. .

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The customer was given a ball park idea of the costs. I took him at his word when he said that the project was more than he was able to afford. I told him that I would get back to him if I thought of any less expensive ways to do the work. I cannot think of any. The customer never called me further other than to inform me that he had posted this without talking to me and asking what was up. I wish him the best but he will need to find a different contractor to take care of him in the future. In addition I see that he still hasn't done the job with anyone else.

05/02/2014

William D.

They were fine. They were expensive but they did a reasonable job and showed me what was wrong. They fixed it.

Description of Work
I used the The Furnace Guy Inc for repairing my furnace that had quit working.

04/30/2014

Nicole M.

Work went well. They completed what they said they would do and for how much they estimated. Work was well done and thorough.

Description of Work
I was finishing my basement and needed someone to evaluate the HVAC system, additional needs, and install. Phil came out on time and went over in detail what i needed to make air flow efficiently in the basement. He installed 4 returns and 1 new supply. I have used The Furnace Guy multiple times.

07/23/2011

lynn C.

The Furnace Guy was recommended to us after our air conditioner was damaged during a storm. Phil came out promptly and gave us an estimate for a new air conditioner and furnace since both were old. Only a couple of days later, his crew came out and handled the installation professionally and promptly. We have an old home with a Michigan basement that was difficult to work in. They made recommendations for ways to improve the air flow throughout our home and installed highly rated appliances with a great warranty. The installers were courteous and very knowledgable concerning all aspects of heating and air conditioning. They made sure we had a good understanding of everything they were doing. When I called Phil with a question after the installation, he was accessible right away, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. Other companies we contacted for assistance with storm damage left us waiting for a call back. I would highly recommend Phil McIntyre and his company for any heating or air conditioning needs

Description of Work
Installation of new furnace and air conditioner plus additional duct work.

02/26/2011

Matt W.

The furnace did get fixed but overall feel this was a grossly overcharge situation because of the emergency nature of the situation. Facts did not seem to matter when we asked for even a small adjustment in the price based on the estimates of other local competitors. We would not recommend this company or use them again.

Description of Work
The Furnace Guy was called to repair a residential furnace. They did complete the repair, however, we found out later after calling three other sources that we were significantly over charged for the work. We were at a disadvantage because it was a weekend and cold weather and the furnace had to be fixed. The bill was $485 and we discovered that multiple other contractors would do the same job for anywhere from $225 to as low as $185. We called and discussed this with the owner of The Furnace Guy and asked if he would be willing to make an adjustment. After a week with no answer we called back and were told that we were wrong about what other contractors would charge and an ajustment was not justified. Even though we had written guotes from competitors it did not matter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The price was quoted prior to the work being performed and the customer authorized the repair.

02/07/2011

Randy H.

The Furnace Guy was able to complete an estimate for us the same day that I called (later that evening). After examining our old furnace, he inquired about what the type of system we desired. He provided some education regarding the lastest in heating technology. We walked to the basement so that he could point out some things that needed attention in our mechanicals room (including improved venting of our existing water heater and alternate plumbing for condensation pump). After considering our options (2 other estimates by local competition), we called and settled on a price. They completed the estimate on Thursday and installation was completed the following Tuesday. Bob and Brian compled the installation in one day. We had a very positive experience with The Furnace Guy.

Description of Work
Installed new Amana furnace (2-stage, variable speed fan, 95%+ efficiency, 92,000 BTU), exhaust and intake piping, condensation pump, thermostat, sheetmetal, and fixed venting of existing water heater by installing a new chimney liner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

11/21/2010

Karin C.

Woke up one morning to a very cold house! Checked our furnace and realized it wasn't running. Called E.M. Sergeant first, but they couldn't come for several hours. Called the Furnace Guy next. He gave an arrival time, within a couple of hours, and showed up 10 minutes earlier than promised. He was very friendly and professional, and got right to work. No more than 15 minutes later, he came upstairs and said he discovered the problem. Checked his van and did not have the part, so he actually made one on the spot, put it on the furnace and our heat was back on in minutes. He wasn't at our home more than 30 minutes total, and our bill was only $115.00. We were very happy with his work and the experience, and will absolutely use him again in the future if need arises.

12/09/2009

William B.

I have used Phil for over 3 years and would recommend him to anyone in need of heating or ac work. Very professional and polite (wears protective booties in the house when bad weather outside!). Always has been punctual. On this latest service visit he was originally scheduled to come last week. He called me way in advance to ask me (not tell me) if he could reschedule as he had two "no heat". I have no doubt if I had said that was too inconvenient he would have come, even though I's sure the no heat calls would have generated him more revenue. I had no problem with the reschedule, and he arrived right on time. He is very experienced and I highly recommend him to anyone

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up and check

Bartholomew Heating & Cooling Inc

Third Generation Family Owned and Operated for over 65 years. Governors Energy Excellence "Contractor of the Year". Guaranteed Service and Installation. Offer Emergency Service for all your needs.

R.W. LaPine Inc

At R.W. LaPine Residential HVAC Service, our goal is to provide our customers with quality and affordable solutions to their heating and cooling needs. We know the importance of a knowledgeable staff and uncompromising service. We offer consultations to suggest improvements and ways that our customers can save money when heating and cooling their homes. We can design a system for any budget! We also service all makes and models of equipment. Our knowledgeable staff can diagnose any issue and provide solutions to get you back up and running. The majority of power consumption in today’s homes come from the heating and cooling equipment. So call us today and let us tune up your current unit or install a high efficiency system. Our excellent reputation and long list of satisfied clients attest to our superior craftsmanship, attention to detail, clear communication, honesty and integrity.

Metzger's Inc

You can count on us to provide you with a HVAC system and solution that fits your unique needs. We've installed many systems in the greater Kalamazoo area over the years, and we've earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time. We are heating and cooling Professionals! License Number: 7114022 Bonded & Insured We maintain a high level of quality among our staff. All of our installers and technicians are trained on a regular, on-going basis. We, and they, are certified by the following industry organizations: Additional contact name - Tom Munson.

Furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, mini splits, ductwork, custom sheet metal fabrication, air to air heat pumps, geo thermal heat pumps, sales, service, installation, gas piping, indoor air quality, UV lights, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, ERV/HRV