Rivertown Flooring

Founded 1985 • With Angi since September 2010

Hardwood Floor Refinishing, standard or custom stain colors available. Many types of finishes and sheens available. Also hardwood floor installation, buy material from me or one of the big box stores, custom installation! Removal and disposal of existing layers of flooring if needed or desired.

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Flooring

flooring

flooring installation
View project

hardwood floors (56)flooring (23)

04/06/2022

Karla G.

Our family has used Andy twice and we recommend him to everyone we know! His work is outstanding, as is his work ethic. My house is old but my floors have been restored beautifully. I only wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Description of Work
refinished floors

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

04/04/2022

paul S.

My floors turned out great! Very easy to work with, reasonably priced, friendly, hard working, and quick. He was able to save my floor that had laminate and plywood glued and nailed down to it. I’m very happy and would hire him again.

Description of Work
refinished hardwood floors in 2 bedrooms and hallway

Category hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

03/04/2022

Adrienne W.

We are beyond pleased with Andy's exceptional work on refinishing our oak floors to a natural finish. He was so friendly and professional, and to top it all off, he was extremely knowledgeable and explained each step of the process. We would absolutely recommend working with Andy!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing of living room, hallway, and 3 bedrooms + replacement of some baseboards/trim

Work Completed On 02/28/2022

01/04/2022

Beth G.

This is the second time we have hired RIvertown Flooring to install/finish wood flooring in our home. We could not be happier with the job that was done! Andrew is amazing and extremely talented. His knowledge and experience were the reasons we hired him again in our new home. Would not hesitate to hire him again in the future!

Description of Work
Install new wood flooring and sand and stain existing to match

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

Review for Rivertown Flooring - 3053 Gilmore Ln, Jenison, MI - 39587362

10/21/2020

Aaron P.

Andy came to our house to refinish our upstairs living space about 6 months ago and did a fantastic job. The original hardwood floors were in rough shape from previous owner's pet urine. By rough shape, I mean ROUGH shape. Andy sanded, filled, repaired, stained and the floors look beautiful! Would absolutely recommend.

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Refinishing

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

08/23/2019

Victoria C.

Start to finish, Andy Lockwood is hands down the best in floor refinishing! After ripping up carpet throughout my home, I noticed that there was significant pet stain damage to the hardwood floors from a previous owner. I didn’t have much hope that the floors could be salvaged. I had an idea how I wanted the floors to look. Andy gave me his recommendation…which was not at all what I had originally planned for the floors. Andy’s idea exceeded my plan! The floors turned out beautifully, they are stunning. Andy is methodical and takes his time to do a thorough job. You will not be disappointed in choosing Andy from Rivertown Flooring to refinish or repair your hardwood flooring.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

02/19/2019

Sara R.

Andy was such a great man for our transition from tile flooring to hardwood. He was hardworking, honest and trustworthy, and completely professional. To say our job was difficult was a complete understatement but Andy, through it all, remained professional with a smile on his face. He removed more than 1000 sq/ft of tile on our main level and replaced with hardwood. We were gone during the initial removal of tile and he communicated with us a few times a day letting us know the updates, which was so helpful. After our initial consult and quote he even noticed the wood we were looking for go on sale and communicated that with us so we could save money on the overall project. Seriously, could not have found a better person for the job and would recommend to anyone and would hire him again in an instant.

Description of Work
Removed tile from main living space and replaced with hardwood

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

02/15/2019

Jenny P.

Andrew came over to the house very promptly to give us an estimate. He was very professional and knowledgeable about hardwood flooring. He brought some wood samples with him too. He was very friendly but when it came to getting the job done, he didn’t mess around. Our floor looks beautiful and we love it. If you are considering getting a new wood floor or refinishing your old one, I highly recommend you give Andrew at Rivertown flooring a call. His estimate was right on and he cleaned up when he was done.

Description of Work
We pulled out our living room carpet a few years ago and put down 4 area rugs in its place. We wanted to replace it with hardwood flooring. The floor was very unleveled so we needed it pulled up and new subfloor installed.

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

01/29/2019

Carol N.

Done in 2 days. Floors look like I bought them new. He put down tarps to protect rest of floors and cleaned everything up after. I highly recommend him

Description of Work
Wood floors sanded and refinished

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

Review for Rivertown Flooring - 3053 Gilmore Ln, Jenison, MI - 37683992

01/20/2019

Susan O.

We left on vacation and came home to like new wood floors!!! He did an outstanding job they look absolutely beautiful. He was detailed and even fixed a few minor issues with molding. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Woodfloor sanding and refinishing

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

08/17/2018

Sue L.

Andy did an outstanding job. He was reliable and prompt , friendly and easy to work with, and did a professional job on our floors. I would not hesitate to hire him again or recommend him to others. We appreciate the quality job he did on our floors.

Description of Work
refinished wood floors in living room, hallway, and 2 bedrooms

06/29/2018

Matthew W.

EXTREMELY pleased with the price and the results. Honestly he exceed expectations. Just a nice down to earth honest guy who prides himself on great craftsmanship. Would Strongly recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Sand, stain, and refinish roughly 800sq. ft. of White Oak

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

Review for Rivertown Flooring - 3053 Gilmore Ln, Jenison, MI - 37201290

03/27/2017

Karen K.

The floors look fabulous. They are old floors and looked awful. Now they are beautiful. He kept to his time table and I have to say everything was very clean when he was done. Andy was able to reinforce my stair railing, also. I am very happy with Andy's work.

Description of Work
I had the dining, living and stairway floors refinished.

Work Completed On 03/09/2017

03/04/2017

James V.

Andy Lockwood is a true craftsman who helped unlock the beauty of my white oak hardwood which has not been touched for 58 years. Communication was smooth mostly by email and a few phone calls. I was fortunate in that Andy had an opening over the Christmas holidays. I found Andy to be extremely knowledgeable, detail oriented, hard working and reliable. He went above and beyond by making a wood sample with several stain colors my wife and daughter could choose from, vacuuming my vents out, and sanding down my shoe moulding. He accomplished the work over a weeks time. What impressed me most was how hard the work is. The equipment was heavy and awkward. Andy had all the necessary tools. The final price was quite reasonable given all the work involved.

Description of Work
Refinished existing hardwood in 3 small bedrooms with closets. Sanded to bare wood. Stained the white oak wood and coordinated with my wife as to color. Top coated with 4 coats of Mega Satin. R&R'd shoe moulding.

Work Completed On 12/27/2016

10/25/2016

Max H.

Excellent experience! Andy treated our home with care as if it were his own. The floors are stunning! We are so pleased with our selection of Rivertown Flooring. Customer service is outstanding as well! We highly recommend Rivertown Flooring!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing for our Living room, dining room, kitchen, family room and entryway (entire main floor). Exceptional craftsmanship! Our floors are beautiful!

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

07/31/2016

Angela O.

Andy did an amazing job! It turned out much better then I could ever have expected. He was very profetional and knowledgable. We had a tight timeline before we moved into the house and he was very accommodating. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
We had the hard wood floors throughout the entire house refinished.

Work Completed On 07/18/2016

07/27/2016

Karen P.

Andy is the best person you can hire. He is very detail oriented and that is important to me. The floors look amazing! It is obvious that he takes pride in his workmanship. We found Andy to be very easy to work with and the job was completed on time as promised.

Description of Work
Oak flooring installed, sanded, and stained on entire first floor.

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

07/05/2016

Karen P.

After calling mid-May and leaving a detailed message regarding our refinishing needs, I waited three weeks for a response, then thinking that maybe their voice mail could possibly have malfunctioned, I left another detailed message. I have now waited an additional four weeks with no response. Having read the glowing reviews on Angie's List and listening to their voicemail where they claimed to be, in essence, the premier wood flooring business in west Michigan, I expected much more from Rivertown Flooring. At a minimum, a call explaining that they were not interested, for whatever reason, to quote the job would be expected of any professional. We are now 7 weeks delayed and starting the process again.

Description of Work
Refinishing living and dining room floors

Work Completed On 06/08/2016

I'm pretty sure this was a case of phone tag gone awry. I work alone, so a lot of times I am running a sander or working somewhere out state. I wish I had someone to answer phones and go look at jobs, but I don't. 2 1/2 years ago my wife was in a serious car accident and had a major head injury. We also have 2 special needs children, our home life is challenging to say the least. I know no one likes excuses, I really don't either, but it is what it is. I know that the people I do work for, those people know my heart, I problem solve, I often go the extra mile to give them the best job I can, I believe they know this. I'm one person, it's difficult to find honest young men who want to learn a trade, I've had a few in the past. But until I find the next one, I work alone.

03/10/2016

Bernard H.

Absolutely excellent, bet tether than we expected. The floors look new, the squeaks are gone and the replaced wood fits and is beautiful. Honest and excellent trade professionals are keepers! If we have more work we will certainly call Andy.

Description of Work
Refinished hard word floors in living room, front hall, stairs, up and down hallways, and stair landings. Also replaced wood on one landing and took out speaks.

Work Completed On 02/24/2016

03/09/2016

Michelle O.

They have done additional work. They did flooring in a rental property we own. It was January 2016. It went excellent. He was great as ever so we decided to use him again. They were fast. They were on time. They are very reasonable with their price. I had a really excellent experience with them. It cost between 5 and 7 thousand dollars.

Description of Work
They sanded down all wooden floors in a two story duplex.

Work Completed On 01/01/2016

12/04/2015

Asad S.

The job took about a week to finish. The floors looked great for about 1 month. Then the wood turned black on the ends again. There are also multiple gaps between the boards (along the length of the boards) that were never there before. Many edges along the lengths of the boards are now raised and catch my socks. Andy said there is not much he can do but he hasn't even bothered to come back out and look for himself. End result is worse than what I started with. Also, there are still drips of sealant on my counter tops.

Description of Work
Had my wood floors in the kitchen, dining area, hallway and laundry room sanded and refinished approximately 6 months after they were water-damaged.

Work Completed On 09/07/2015

I went out to look at this job, there are many things I'd like to say about the situation. First, I walked in and was shocked at what I saw, "a beautifully finished hardwood floor"! I have been in business for 30 years, I will be the first to admit when I screw something up, but here, and I'm being very honest, no. My big mistake here was taking the job. They say you need references from your contractors, sometimes contractors have the misfortune of walking into a situation not knowing that they are going to work for someone with unrealistic expectations, sometimes people won't be happy with you "no matter what you do".the problem is you have no way of knowing this until after the fact. The second thing on this job is, the customer was not accurate in her description of the extent of previous water damage that had occurred prior to my taking the job. The water damage was not just near the door and window, but it extended out to the middle of the room. The third thing, she said the floor looked fine for a month, and then it changed, I have no control over atmospheric conditions on a jobsite after I leave. I did not install this floor, it was existing, I have no control over how it was nailed or glued down. If it was fine when I finished it and after, something must have happened after I left, again-I cannot control what happens after I leave. The forth thing, I offered to fix the area ( and the area is confined to an area where the table sits (not "all over", as she stated), I told her I would fill the gaps that opened up between the boards. Even though this had nothing to do with my sand and finish job. I try to go the extra mile for any and every person I've ever worked for! Sometimes and for some people, that's never enough! The other thing is, she didn't even find me on Angie's list, I was referred to her by another wood floor contractor who obviously has More brains than I have (by not wanting the job), I told her I was on Angie's list (mistake), she jumped all over the opportunity to assassinate my credibility. Well, it worked! I hope you are pleased with yourself! I have not had 1 call or email from any Angie's list client since you post your review, mission accomplished! You know? Well I guess you don't , I'm a family man, I have a wife and two pre teens to raise, if anyone bothers to look past this savage review, they would see that I'm a good man! An honest and thoughtful man, and a hard worker. I know sometimes people just have bad chemistry between them, like they say, you can't please all the people all the time. I did a good job on this floor!

09/09/2015

Ryan F.

Andy is an exceptional contractor. He was extremely responsive and professional. He returned my initial message within the day and gave me an accurate estimate over the phone. He began work when he said he would, and was flexible with my timeline. The quality of his work is very good. My home has several holes and damaged boards that needed to be repaired or replaced, which Andy handled as part of the job. I was very pleased with the experience and would recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Andy repaired and refinished approximately 700 sqft of white oak floors in 3 bedrooms, a hallway, and dining room.

Work Completed On 08/28/2015