Harder Construction LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2012

4.2

Harder Construction LLC is a family owned and operated business run by father and son Bruce A. and Bruce S. Harder. Both take pride in being hands on building professionals not simply general contractors. From first meeting until completion of a job one of the Bruces will always be there to answer questions and make sure jobs stay on schedule. Bruce A. founded Harder Construction LLC in 1994 with his top priority being customer satisfaction. This approach is the reason that 90% of our jobs come from previous customer referral or recommendation. Son, Bruce S. Harder, has been involved in building trades since he was a teenager. After completing college at Michigan State University he began working full time for the family business. The two work together as an exceptional team. Bruce A. provides an expansive knowledge on building industry and residential projects; while son Bruce is schooled in current building methods, products, and technical trends. Both father and son are licensed and insured residential contractors. Harder Construction LLC has received Parade of Homes awards and been had homes featured in print as well. For more information please visit our website (www.harderconstructionllc.com), visit us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harder-Construction-LLC/184421268243792?ref=ts&fref=ts), or give us a call at (616) 457-2193....

OCD Building & Remodeling Inc.

No one wants a job done twice. Our mission here at OCD is to get the job done Right The First Time! The name does imply some obsession. We primarily focus on Custom Home renovations including full bathroom renovations, kitchens, flooring, trim, basements, and attics. We do offer other projects such as decks, backsplashes, custom wooden fencing, and bedrooms. We do not offer electrical, plumbing, or HVAC services à la carte, but those services can be provided by licensed subcontractors for larger projects. You would like stuff built, we like to build stuff the right way, together we can complete your project(s) correctly. We look forward to being a little OCD about your project(s) on your behalf. Thanks, talk soon.

Rockford Tile Installation

I am an independent tile contractor specializing in walk in custom tiled shower installation.

Kirk and Sons Painting

We are Kirk and Sons Painting out of Fennville Michigan, and I am the owner Kirk Laskowski. My Dad taught me the painting trade when I was a youth growing up in Bay City, Michigan. Now I have taught my 5 sons the trade. We paint or stain interiors and exteriors with excellence! We are very professional and respectful of you, your family and your property. We tread lightly, keep things clean, and leave behind a quality finish that will make you happy. We enjoy our work and have good attitudes.

12/12/2020

John V.

Most of the work was performed by two young guys in their 20s. They were noticeably high and smelled like marijuana almost every day they were here. Within weeks the shower was leaking into the wall and causing mold and mildew on the other side of the wall. Water is still getting into the wall and under the flooring. If you want work performed by Cheech and Chong hire these guys. If you want work done by people who aren't high, you and may have to go somewhere else.

Description of Work
Bath remodel

Category custom cabinets,plumbing,home remodeling

11/18/2015

Tim B.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,home builders,interior painters,basement remodeling

05/31/2013

Kelly M.

The service was excellent. They installed cabinets and custom trim. The plumber and installers for flooring,painters, electricians, counter tops, and tile work were right on time with our schedule. Bruce and his team were informative about the placement of lighting and helped us decide the layout of the room. They were patient and took the time to keep us informed about the process and what decisions had to be made and when. I'm a very detailed person and I know what I like. Harder Construction surpassed what we had envisioned. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is what sets them apart.

Description of Work
Harder Construction built our home in 2007 and was in The Parade of Homes. We decided to finish our basement this Spring and knew the only builder for our home is Harder Construction. All the trim work is custom. They are always on time and do a great job with clean up at the end of each day. They are fair with their price and the quality of the work is timeless. After six years in your home we still get compliments on the beauty of detail that was put into our home.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,home builders,interior painters,basement remodeling

[member name removed], Thank you for the review on Angie's List. It is Harder Construction LLC's goal to provide a one of a kind service for each and every job we do big or small. The kind words of great clients like you make it a joy to go to work. Thank you again if you need any additional services please give us a call.

04/23/2013

mike N.

The house turned out better than I expected. The builder was extremely personable and helped me avoid newbie mistakes. Now the house of finished it will be in the 2013 fall parade of homes. I am extremely excited with the final product. I have found Harder construction was more of a perfectionist and more detail orientated than myself. His dedication to the project can be seen in every corner of the home. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for home improvement or new construction.

Description of Work
Harder Construction is in process of building my home now. I narrowed my builder search down to two. One more expensive was simply a project manager who did not work on projects who simply maintained the schedule and occasionally visited the job site. The second was Harder Construction who work on the build site daily. They are hands on builders with superb work ethic and honest. I also sold my existing house and it needed repairs. They repaired those issues quickly and efficiently and gave me a discount to boot. I am extremely pleased with my build so far and could not recommend them more.

Category home builders

06/22/2012

Wendy L.

A co-worker raved about the wonderful builder he had complete his custom house. The coworker could not say enough positive things about Bruce Harder and the people who worked for him, so I contacted him. Because of the housing slow-down, Bruce Harder was willing to finish our basement. He was cost competitive compared to the 2 other bids we received, and was willing to put in custom feature that the others wouldn't: curved "stage" in our entertainment room, custom fireplace mantel, and custom cabinets. It has been 2 years since the work was completed, and we are very happy with the quality and durability of the work completed. Since then, I have recommended Bruce Harder to 2 other people. They had both seen our basement and were impressed. One had a basement finished and the other had a custom house built. Both were very happy with the work done.

Description of Work
Finish ~1000 sq-ft basement including plumbing and custom cabinets in bathroom, bedroom, entertainment center, and family room

Category custom cabinets,plumbing,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,basement remodeling

Harder Construction LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2012

4.2

7861 Ridgwood Dr

Jenison, MI 49428

Construction & remodeling. new homes & additions, roofing, widow replacement, decks, out buildings, garages, custom cabinetry. Harder Construction LLC specializes in custom homes they have several housing plans on file or can help you design your dream home from scratch. We also are expert trim carpenters who have completed numerous one of a kind pieces in our homes and remodels.

Harder Construction LLC and their sub contractors have had a long standing relationship most for more than 15 years. We can provide an expert for any residential project or problem you may be facing.