BUDGET PLUMBING

With Angi since June 2006

At Budget Plumbing Drain & Sewer Cleaning Service of Grand Rapids we do it all, including broken water and sewer lines, sump pump repairs, faucet repairs and replacements, sink line cleaning, hot water heater replacements, toilet repairs and replacement, floor drain cleaning and more. We have service technicians ready to assist you. No job is too big or too small! Whether it's a backed up sink or a broken sewer line, Budget Plumbing Drain & Sewer Cleaning Service of Grand Rapids can do the job for you at an affordable rate, 24 hours a day. ...

Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers by Tri County Water on Angi
Blue Wolf Concepts

We know Michigan water! We do not contract our work out, we are a family-owned business with over 100 years of combined experience. We offer Michigan's best water treatment Systems, Drinking systems with 100% Customer Satisfaction Service. Rated # 1 in the World Customer Satisfaction by RainSoft Factory. We are Michigan's problem water specialists! Made in America with a Lifetime Warranty! FREE WATER TESTING AVAILABLE!! https://www.bluewolfconcepts.com/water-testing

Offers by Blue Wolf Concepts on Angi
Pipe Monster Plumbing

Pipe Monster is passionate not only to bring you the values of the past like honesty and quality, but also the innovations of our present time. Instant water heaters, smart home plumbing devices, hot water recirculation, low threshold showers, and an un beatable value in our service department. If you are looking for a company with experience, look no further. Pipe Monster's got your back!

10/01/2021

Todd L W.

I'm having a dishwasher replaced and Lowe's installer wouldn't relocated the water line. Budget Plumbing was able to come out the next day, where other plumbers haven't responded to my call. He was neat, quick, professional, well-spoken and knew exactly what was needed. Price was reasonable. I would use them again!

Description of Work
Relocated water line and added new shut off valve

02/19/2021

Jeff L.

GREAT! I was out of town on a golf trip and Budget plumbing was right on the spot to fix. Great service. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Clogged sink in kitchen

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

10/10/2020

Tim P.

Service technician showed up without the necessary tools to start the job. The service tech did not have a drain snake for 3 to 4 inch drain. Work notes even indicated to snake the 3 to 4 inch drain. While on site the technician did not even evaluate or confirm the issue and did not bring a single tool into the house. The job was marked as "Done" and I was invoiced for the service call. Invoiced for Budget Plumbing"s complete failure. Budget Plumbing has no integrity.

Description of Work
Clear basement drain. Toilet shower and sink clogged

Category drain cleaning

Hello [Member Name Removed]. So sorry we were not able to satisfy. We were able to talk through the process on the phone and we had mentioned that the job was a little different that expected. When this was realized I talked to you to let you know the situation. The equipment need to be on site in order to complete the job needed two technicians to handle the heavy equipment. We offered to come out with a different crew to do so but you were not comfortable having us back. So at this point we canceled the work order or "marked it as complete" and did not charge for our time. So sorry again. God bless Budget Plumbing LLC

06/16/2020

Val M.

Very good, no precall though before arrival. I requested an estimate for installing a shower in the bathroom, I am still waiting to hear on it. They also took the toilet seat that came with the new toilet without asking. (I bought a different one to use). I did get it back before they left. Very good workers and job well done.

Description of Work
New toilet installed.

05/11/2020

Wesley D.

Ryan (Budget Plumbing job estimator) came to my house to look at the project (replace 2 exterior water faucets with frost-free faucets; run pex waterlines to an out-building; and run pex lines to a garden area, approximately 300 feet of pex). Straight forward job from what can be seen in downloaded pictures. He said he would give me an estimate before coming to do the work at my house--he said it would be sent it to my email but it never came. Finally I called Liz at the office and said that I would get someone else to do the project. Ryan then called and said that he must have the wrong email address. I texted my email address to him--still he didn't send me the estimated cost of the project. Then the day his plumber was suppose to show up at my house, he texted me that their service van broke down, couldn't get to my house that day. I still I didn't have the cost estimate. Then the next day I texted Ryan again to tell him if he doesn't send me an estimate don't bother sending a plumber but a Budget plumber came before I received the estimate--against what I wanted. The plumber, Jerry, he had a hand-held computer with the cost estimate, but still they didn't have the correct email address to correctly send it to me. Finally Jerry sent it to me with the corrected email address. Then Jerry left my house to get the material at a plumbing supply house to get the supplies to do the job, he was gone for about 2 hours. He left me with an apprentice to help me do some digging for the water lines (I was getting charged $37 an hour for the apprentice for a total of $167-- already in the cost estimate!!!! The trenches were finished but needed to be retrenched in places were it had craved in the the 4 weeks waiting for Ryan to get back to me with an estimate. In 5 hrs he probably did about 2 hours worth of work. I thought he would be working closely with the plumber to learn the trade. But mostly he helped with the digging-- worth maybe $12 an hour. During the time the apprentice was at my house he worked with the plumber maybe a couple of times, only manual labor--no skilled learning/labor. Then I talked with Ryan over the phone because I was alarmed at what was going on. He told me that if I am happy (I wasn’t happy) with the cost estimate then it shouldn't matter what the individual items are, I should just be happy it gets done at that cost. I didn't have time to check out the costs against another plumber--Budget was at door and I felt pushed. The $167 for an apprentice was on the estimate for a reason—to inflate the estimate! The plumber’s work was estimated at 4.5 hrs @$75 for $337.50 seemed high for what got done-- it took too long to get things done. I never saw him do any quick moves during the whole time he was on the job and when I passed by his work van inside I could hear him was talking on his phone and continued to do so for sometime--not working getting the job done. (I think he was talking to Ryan in how he could scam me or vis-a-versa). Budget charged me $525 for 300ft of pex which I could have bought online for the same price and delivered free but Ryan insisted that the same pex cost "a lot" at his supply house--Ferguson's Plumbing Supply. Then he texted me three prices for 300 feet of pex that he got from the internet: $519.99, $491.74 and 763.83. Then he preceeded to say in he text that on the Zurn website the list price is $740 and since he is a plumber he gets a 30-35% discount. (So if he gets a discount why did his plumber need to go to Fergusson's Plumbling to get the pex?) He said he gave me a great discount to get it down to $525 but that is the same price I could have gotten on the internet (shipping included). In fact I found another internet suppIier, same pex with the same manufacturer's number-300 ft for $347. But Ryan insisted that that pex was like comparing a Ferrari to a Fierro, then later he changed his mind and said it was like comparing a Chevy Caviler to a Chevy Corvette( I guess he knows a lot about cars, maybe he use to be a used car salesman from New York. I was charged $45 apiece for the frost-free faucets, again seems high. I am sure I was over charged for that too and everything else on the job. The job totaled to $1200. Since the plumbers were at my door I felt compelled to have them do the job and I really didn't have the time to go over the costs (the plumber, Jerry, changed 3 faucets from normal grade to frost-free, put a sleeve around the water line leading out of foundation of the house and patched the hole and simply laid out 270 feet of pex with 2 Ts.) I was given a $200 discount for cash. I was over charged by $500 easily. it was a terrible experience and I will never use them again and recommend others to not use them. Why did I use them? Because I used Budget before and had an OK experience, the jobs were small. It probably is more difficult for Ryan to scam on small projects, on a larger project--much easier to do. Take note to anyone who reads this, only a few people who gave him reviews that were for more than a thousand dollars. He can't hide his mischief on small projects.(And he take great pride in the fact that he has all these great reviews--that's what fooled me too.) During the whole transaction I had the feeling that I was being had. The word that came to mind throughout the process: before, during and afterwards is dishonesty. Deception and confusion is his game. It is really hard to understand how a contractor like this exists here in West Michigan. Even the title of his company "Budget Plumbing" is a laugh in the face to anyone who uses him. I called and talked with him about the fact that I was unhappy with what I paid and had several rounds with him with texts--no movement in a change in what I paid.(Stupid of me to have paid him anything in the first place). Oh, by the way, anyone who reads this. He knew this review was coming, I told him he was dishonest, He didn't care. And Ryan will write about how much he gave extra to complete the project. And oh yes, he might write 'Don't pay any attention to this one person--look at all the good reviews I have'. He is full of himself, full of waste water.

Description of Work
Plumbing for house

Category plumbing

It is a wonderful feeling when we are able to do a job that is satisfactory! In this case this was never going to be able to happen. We had $525 into Zurn UL listed pex, $55 in pex connections, and $150 in frost free faucets and miscellaneous fittings hydraulic cement. At this price we lost money and sadly enough we not able to satisfy. Westly wanted to save money anyway he could which I can respect. He wanted to dig the trench, help run the line, and bury the line. I regret letting him do so! The pipe that he help with did not look great to say the least. We tried to accompany his request and desires but that was not able to happen. The job quote was sent and the job was approved. There were numerous conflicts on job from the first minute there. I had a bad feeling about this gentleman from the first encounter this was my fault for finally agreeing to assist him. Unfortunately throughout this job the owner was trying to redraw the contract the entire time. He added quite a bit of work which was not part of the quote and hence the reason the technician had to run to grab parts that we for other work which was not included. We did everything he asked originally and all of the extra jobs he added as well. The quote was for $1200 which was approved. I saw that he was not happy with the price so I charged him $1000.

02/13/2020

David H.

Installation process was good. A gas leak was discovered about a year after installation (installed 10/31/18) and Budget has not returned two requests to fix the gas leak or to even give a price to come back and fix the issue. First request was using contact form via Budgets website four days ago. Second contact was by phone (live person) over 24hrs ago. Not a way to build trust and lasting relationships. Perhaps the live person never followed up with the proper inside teams - regardless, not a service level that works for me or my peace-of-mind. Original installation process was seamless and the sale is always the easy part. Service after the sale is what builds credibility and longevity with business relationships. Budget left me hanging.

Description of Work
Water heater purchase and install

Category plumbing,water heater repair,gas leak repair

The best way to contact us is calling the office at 616 988 5514. We hire a full time secretary for this reason most small companies to not. We do this for this exact reasonl, which is responsiveness to work request. The only day that we are closed would be Sunday to spend time with family and worship. So sorry if you called on a Sunday and we were not able to reply. Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

12/21/2019

Paula N.

I already had the part but they had to add a new supply line. They were fast, friendly and got the job done in record time. I am so glad I called them! Of course they were also affordable and lived up to their name! Again, I am so glad I called them.

Description of Work
I need the fill valve on my toilet replaced

11/07/2019

David F.

Finished the job in a timely manner

Description of Work
toilet wax ring replaced

10/24/2019

Linda R.

I texted Ryan in the morning and he got back to me in minutes. He said he could have someone there that afternoon. Jerry and Larry texted me that they were on route and showed up on time. After I showed them where the leak was. The plumbing was above all the duct work from my furnace. Although it was in a difficult spot, Jerry said it wouldn’t be any problem. He knew what needed to be done to repair the leak. All I needed was a new Fernco fitting. The one I had was ancient and needed to be replaced. He also installed a J hook to support the copper pipe. Once the job was done, he called me downstairs to explain what he had done. The job didn’t take long at all and the guys were very pleasant. I really appreciate the work they did. I’ve called on Ryan several times now over the past several years. I will continue to rely on them for all plumbing jobs. Thanks again Ryan!!

Description of Work
I had a leaky pipe down in my basement that came from my bathroom sink.

10/01/2019

Jerry W.

They were running late and kept us informed of when they would be there. They were a really good team who showed me the problems . They were quick to fix and gave me pointers on how to keep this from continually being a problem. They also charged much less than I thought and made no mess. I have other projects I need help with and took their card so I can use them again. Friendly , fast and a fair price.

Description of Work
Clogged drains and connectors to dishwasher

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Sewer & Draining Cleaning; Faucets: Kitchen, Bath, Sinks; Toilet, Faucet & Shower Repairs; Water Heater Repair/Installation; Tankless Water Heaters; Sewer Line & Water line Repair & Replacement; Blue Poly Replacement (10 yr. guarantee); Septic Tanks Pumped & Installed; Sprinkler Systems Repair/Installation; You Approve the price before we start; We call before arrival; Drug-Free Workplace; Days – Nights –Weekends – Holidays; Camera & Video Inspection; 100% Financing (with approved credit)

Ask for details.