J. W. Field Companies

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2010

909 N Milford Rd

Highland, MI 48357

Additional DBA - J. W. Field Grading & Excavating, J. W. Field Landscape Supplies. Additional contact name - Brent Morgan.

10/16/2015

Steven C.

This was by far one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. They offered one of the best quotes for what I needed to have done. They, unlike other companies I called, actually came out and looked at the situation, used lasers to verify Grade, and actually followed up in a timely manor with a Quote. They wanted the business and were extremely friendly. They were there in the morning every day when they said they would be there. Any questions We had along the way, Jeff the owner was happy to answer for us. We are extremely satisfied with the work they have done. Neighbors alike cant believe how nice everything looks. The Yard looked like nothing ever happened to it within a month of completion as the grass grew in and everything looks as it should. In short, this is a family owned business that wants to satisfy their customers. They actually care about the work they do and about their reputation. Rest assured you will get the best deal and a job well done with J W Fields. Again, with several quotes coming in and some with out even coming out to look at the situation, not to mention some not even returning a Quote, J. W. Fields was the best decision I have ever made with such a large investment on the line.

Description of Work
Replaced Septic field, installed Retaining wall

Category landscaping, septic tank

08/12/2015

Ric W.

Description of Work
Called for a quote on septic field replacement. Received a call back within minutes. Brent came to take measurements, etc., and was very cordial and helpful. Got a quote a day later and their price was about 33% less than the quote I had from another local company, plus they gave us a deal on the landscaping and grass reseeding after the construction was completed. We ran into some weather delays, but they were here when they said they'd be and did good work. We'll use them when our tank needs to be cleaned in the future. I'd highly recommend them.

06/29/2015

Alyson Z.

Description of Work
We had our septic pumped and inspected. They were very professional and even though they had bad news to give us regarding the life of our drain field the service went well. They made recommendations for what we needed to have done but we're never pushy.

06/22/2015

Carl W.

Description of Work
JW Fields replaced our septic tank which was located between our sidewalk and our house. There was also a very nice tree between the tank and the house. Everyone told us both the sidewalk and the tree would be lost -- including JW Fields. However they were able to dig out the old tank and install the new without damaging either.

05/11/2015

Carl T.

Delivery of very clean double shredded black mulch. Delivery was on time and carefully dumped in my driveway as requested.

Description of Work
Delivered 10 yards of mulch

Category landscaping, mulch

01/15/2014

Robert A.

This site is used as an office. New parking lot looks great. The work was the best construction project I have ever been involved with. The crews came on time, stayed with the job on a daily basis from start to finish, did what they were contracted to do. They actually did more than was contracted as regards the soil remediation issue. They were very conscious of the impact of their work on neighbors and office staff. I can't commend Brent Morgan the supervisor highly enough for his professionalism and attention to every detail of the project but even the young man who was working toward dark at the end of the project to remove the soil fence and pick up debris went above and beyond. And then there was Mike who graded the site carefully for several days...outstanding! I would definitely call on them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Graded site, excavated existing parking lot, discovered unstable substrate ( old stumps under existing parking lot which had led to increasingly soft soil), remediated the site, used subcontractor for new asphalt, parking blocks, striping. Then they restored surrounding area by grading, seeding and straw blankets.

Category landscaping

11/27/2013

sharon H.

Left message and call was returned and we set up appointment for septic pump out and inspection. Given $15.00 discount as they had coupon. Said I should have tank pumped a little more frequently which made sence as we are no longer working and home all day now. Very polite and answered all my questions. Would use again.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank

06/30/2013

Paul M.

Things went very well considering topology requirements, monsoon-like storms for days straight and difficult access to the area. All individuals that arrived on-site were professional, courteous, and respectful. The project manager, Brent, kept us informed of the scheduling and job requirements and the site was left clean and neat (as neat as digging can be) after every day of work. Overall, very happy and will be using the septic tank pumping service from J.W. Field in the future.

Description of Work
Installed a new septic field in my yard. It was a difficult installation as my yard had very little areas that would be suitable for the field. Brent from J.W. Field worked with our county inspector to get the optimal area for installation.

06/25/2013

Ivars R.

I called their office on 5/13/2013 and obtained a competitive quote (with $15 coupon) and scheduled pump-out of our septic tank for 6/7/2013. Price was with me digging the ground to gain access to the two 24and quot; cleanout openings of the septic tank otherwise they charge extra for this digging. I knew precisely where the clean outs were and how deep. Their crew, Tim and Ray, arrived promptly, opened the two exposed tank lids and had the tank pumped-out and closed within a half-hour. They were neat, respectful of our property, and left no mess. They also provided a 10-point inspection of the tank and system. Very helpful to know that the system is working right and to have for planning the next cleanout. Because our 'sludge level' (point 5) at the bottom of the tank and 'scum blanket' (point 4) at the top was greater than recommended, they suggested we have the tank pumped out again in about 3 - 4 years. It has been about 9 years since we occupied the house....and started using the system. At my request, they also showed me what a clean-out 'riser' looks like and described it's installation. 'Risers' are permanent extensions of the cleanout openings to ground surface, with an air-tight secure cap, to eliminate digging down to the clean-out openings forever. Cost quoted was $200 each ($400 total) installed, provided they don't have to do any digging.

Description of Work
Pumped out our 1500 gallon septic tank.

05/11/2013

Lynne L.

I called to have our septic pumped and was given an appointment at my convenience. Also, we had them install a riser on Saturday. They were suppose to be here on friday, but couldnt keep the appointment. He was here before 8 am on Saturday to install it

Description of Work
We had our septic pumped on Tuesday, it cost $210 On Sat they came back out and installed a riser for $200

10/03/2012

Jennifer K.

The company returned our phone calls, came out when they said they would and had our problem fixed in a very timely manner. The employees were very polite and professional. I am extremely happy with the job they performed!

Description of Work
Our septic Pipe coming from the house was cracked.

08/16/2012

RodCameron C.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, as much as one could be regarding replacement of an entire septic system. Having the water shut off for four hours was not a major inconvenience while they swapped out the septic tanks. Crews arrived the same time every morning and were polite and worked well together.

Description of Work
Removed entire old (18yrs) septic tank and field lines, which were improperly installed and inadequate from the beginning. Replaced with a new and proper-sized tank and all new field lines. Tank was replaced in four hours and was able to use our water once the house line was connected. Field excavation and inspections took a few more days for completion. They regraded the surface with topsoil and I declined their "seed and straw" in favor of Hydroseeding, which I contracted out to the company that originally installed the landscape and irrigation system.

Category excavators, septic tank

04/26/2012

Robert M.

He did a great job. I would not have hired anyone else and I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had some excavating done in my yard.

Category excavators, septic tank

MAJESTIC TREE CO.

It’s about service. It’s about quality results and work that is durable and reliable. Majestic Tree CO is built on the foundation of honesty and integrity. We are composed of highly skilled and reliable Tree Service experts who are passionate about providing quality work and exceeding our customers expectations. We are fully licensed and insured, and conduct each job with extreme safety measures. We are a team of professional tree trimming and removal specialists with over 20 years of experience. We care about the details! Majestic Tree CO pays special attention to the details of every project to ensure the complete satisfaction of each client. We strive to provide a service we are proud of! Call us today for a free quote! You will be happy you did!

THE MICHIGAN PROPERTY NETWORK

The Michigan Property Network is a qualified tree service providing specialized services for your business or home throughout Oakland County, Michigan. We offer a free consultation and estimate to determine what professional tree service is best for you. We are well-known in the area for our residential and commercial tree service and can provide you with testimonials and other references from our clients

Turf One Inc

We can handle your entire lawn and garden maintenance needs, regardless of your lawn size or the time of year. From mowing, hedging and seasonal clean-ups to tree pruning, shrub/hedge trimming—we do it all. Our staff can even complete intricate garden plant/bedding maintenance services. We’re more than a fair-weather friend, providing snow plowing/salting services by experienced employees equipped with radio-dispatched trucks ready for Michigan’s tough winters

MasterCard, Visa, Check

Septic Services. Drain Field Rejuvenation & Replacement. Effluent Filter Installation. PVC Baffle Installation. Septic Repairs. New Septic Installation. Septic Tank Pumping & Cleaning. Septic Tank Riser & Lid Installation.

Port-a-Johns.