Ugly Shingles LLC - Roof Cleaning Michigan

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2010

PO Box 51

Hartland, MI 48353

Top-Rated Soft-Wash Roof & Exterior Cleaning Professional Since 2010, we have provided quality rejuvenation services to thousands of Michigan residents and hundreds of commercial and multi-unit properties. We utilize state-of-the-art "Soft-Wash" cleaning equipment that incorporates auto-blend

09/14/2018

duane M.

they were punctual, the roof looks good. the downside is the chemicals killed some of the shrubs and plants. it would have been nice if they had warned us this might happen

Description of Work
clean shingles

Category roof cleaning

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Hi [Member Name Removed]! We greatly appreciate the business and the review. We do offer a Plant Protection Guarantee with all of our services. Please contact me directly at [phone number removed] so we can quickly resolve any concerns that you may have. Thank you! Steve General Manager

09/03/2018

Kathy H.

It went very well. I tried "the other guy" but he never followed through like he said he would. I called Ugly Shingles and they were very responsive and did exactly what they said when they said. The guys were friendly and clean cut. Price seemed high, but I did not compare prices with any other roof cleaner. The only thing they didn't do was to call when they were on their way, which I had requested. But I did not have to be home when the roof was cleaned. Roof looks great, too. They cleaned the front half of the roof and I have a small ranch style home.

Description of Work
Roof cleaned of lichen and moss

Category roof cleaning

Thank you for the kind words and for your business! Please let us know if you need anything in the future.

07/23/2018

JOEL G.

The men did a great job and did an excellent job of cleaning up. Only adverse thing is some of the plants around the house did not like what washed down on them. I would make sure you rinse all plants, bushes, trees, etc after application.

Description of Work
Roof Cleaning: remove moss, etc

01/10/2018

David G.

It went ok. We had a misunderstanding we were able to resolve. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Roof mold and moss removal

07/21/2017

Sherry W.

They gave me an estimate, but then I never could set up an appt to have the work done. They didn't return calls, even though I said the estimate was fine, and I wanted to go ahead with the job. They must not need my business!!!

Description of Work
Needed roof cleaned.

07/21/2017

Sherry W.

After getting an estimate, saying OK, and then several calls to get an appt., no one ever called me back. This went on for almost a year! A guy said they'd be out in about 3 to 4 weeks, I waited to hear from them. Nothing. Then I called several times and left a message each time. No one ever called me back. I agreed to pay the $625 for the roof clean. They must not need or want my business. So I hired a local contractor to do it. Very frustrating to agree to a service and then they totally ignore you.

Description of Work
Needed my roof cleaned!

06/12/2017

Jeff G.

good work done as expected no complaints

Description of Work
moss treatment of roof

05/29/2017

David H.

Great job!! Took around 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Black streaks on our roof were completely removed. Looks great!!

Category roof cleaning

Thank you for your kind words!

02/14/2017

James M.

The price was fair. They were very responsive. They left the area very clean when they were finished with the service. They did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
For roof cleaning, we used Ugly Shingles.

09/23/2016

Patty C.

Steve and his team are outstanding! The roof and the decorative brick look brand new! The team was highly efficient and extremely effective. I wholeheartedly recommend Ugly Shingles to all.

Description of Work
Black streaks and moss on roof. Decorative brick also had black streaks.

08/14/2016

Diane B.

Fantastic, I am very happy. I have to admit that never having done this before, I was extremely concerned about the chemicals being used and probably worried about it more than I needed to. Steve was excellent about all my questions more than once, and the guys who came out were very helpful, too, wanting to do whatever they could to address my concerns so I was feeling better about the whole thing. I will tell you up front that if you have streaks, do use this service. It looks like I re-roofed my house!!! I cannot believe the difference. I had a great roof that had many years to go on it, but it looked terrible and affected the overall appearance of my home tremendously. Now everything looks incredibly clean and maintained because the roof is clean. About the chemicals, all we did was to hose down the areas where the downspouts were. I even had a beautiful, prized hydrangea bush that I was pretty convinced would be affected, but it turned out it was totally fine. And it was right at the bottom of a downspout. The one downspout that I forgot to pay attention to and hose down (which the guys do help with hosing things down, but I wanted to do extra) ... did have some grass that was affected. But it was only a small amount and even though I was super concerned about the effect it would have on my landscaping, it was nothing like I thought and 100% totally worth it for the outcome. I will work with Steve again in years to come when my roof develops issues again, and I am fully confident he will be in business because it's a great service and he knows how to meet his customers needs and concerns. Truly fabulously happy with this service and so glad I called him. I hated looking at the roof every time I viewed my house from the street ... but now I take my time pulling out of the drive just so I can look at how clean and amazingly new it looks. Honestly, it looks like a brand new roof. Worth every single penny!!!

Description of Work
Roof cleaning for streaks

07/22/2016

Lois W.

Company was responsive to our email request for quote and to set up the job. They quickly answered emailed questions. Very responsive to our concerns about effects on landscaping. Workers were professional, personable, and efficient. The roof looks great now that the black streaks are gone. They identified shingles that need tabs re-glued. Very satisfied!

Description of Work
Roof cleaning and roof inspection.

04/29/2016

Tom M.

Terrific job at a fair price. Very responsive to communication always called right back or send text. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Clean my house shingles, gutters and eave troughs

04/30/2015

Robert & Carmie T.

It still looks great today. They did a really good job.

Description of Work
I had algae on the roof and they washed it down with chemicals. They did the garage roof and the roof on my home.

11/24/2014

Mary G.

After three months, the roof looks wonderful! Ugly Shingles removed the black. streaky stains that were on the north facing roof. I had used another company to do this work for less money a couple of years ago, but it did not work and they had to give me my money back.

Description of Work
They cleaned the shingles on my roof.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

09/16/2014

Sherrie C.

I was selling my home and the roof looked old and tired. It really needed a brighter look and it was still a good roof. I used Angies list and found Ugly Shingles. I am so glad I did. Ugly Shingles did a great job, our roof looks like brand new. I was very impressed, Steve was very patient with my many questions. They spent about 2-3 hours spraying and removing the streaks and mildew. They used a powerful product that did the job fast and efficiently. The black just washed down the roof, it was amazing. It also brighten up the chimney. They sprayed the black off our front porch and driveway and a small pad of cement in the back. They were very careful with the landscaping and did extra work to insure that the plants where protected. They arrived on time and even moved up my date up so I could get it done before my home inspection. The roof passed with flying colors. Thank you Ugly Shingles, your hard work was much appreciated. Also love the 5 year warranty, new owners will like that.

Description of Work
Our roof had black streaks on it and mildew from our long cold and wet winter. They washed the roof, sprayed the porch and driveway and walks.

06/24/2014

Jerry A.

Responsive, respectful, positive experience......no issues.

Description of Work
Roof Cleaning

06/13/2014

Francyn C.

They were prompt. They did what was expected and a little bit more. We have a barn and they did the roof of the barn and that wasn't part of the quote. But they did it anyway. They responded quickly to any concerns/questions we had following the cleaning and resolved any problems beyond our satisfaction.

Description of Work
I did use them for roof cleaning.

06/10/2014

Thomas R.

The roofs look very nice. Their treatment also killed the growth that was building up on my gutter guards. Only issue I had, they must of not caught all the run off, I lost two of my shrubs.

Description of Work
They did a nice job of cleaning the shingles eliminating the stains and other items that were built up.. o

Category roof cleaning

Thank you for the review. As always, we strive to provide our customers with the best quality of service possible. The review stated that you had lost two shrubs as a result of our cleaning detergents that were used on your roof last year in July. In the unlikely event that the cleaning detergents would have came into contact with any plant life, the effects would be immediate and you would have noticed the shrubs begin to die right away. This past winter was extremely rough on many bushes and trees. If it's okay, I would like to have a professional take a look at your shrubs to make sure that our company is not responsible for the damages. If we are found responsible, I will gladly have them replaced for you. Thank you so much!

06/07/2014

Gary C.

It went very well. They were in and out. They were very professional. We were completely satisfied. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has that problem.

Description of Work
They treated our roof for moss and algae.

06/06/2014

Ronald M.

The job went pretty well. The stuff that they used killed some of my grass. They seem to know what they were doing and they were polite. They came out check the house and gave us a quote. They were very prompt and came when they said they were going to come.

Description of Work
For roofing I used Ugly Shingles LLC - Roof Cleaning Michigan. They cleaned the shingles on the roof.

Category remodeling

06/02/2014

Benjamin P.

Showed up at 9 and done in less than a hour.

Description of Work
Clean roof. Good job, willing to work with us.

05/12/2014

David R.

Very impressed. I had called other companies but none were in the area, or did not want to come out my way. One of the companies found ugly shingles for me. I was impressed how quickly Steve from Ugly Shingles answered my emails. They were out on time and were done in about 20 minutes. Instantly when they put the chemical on, my cedar shake was restored. Very impressive to watch. I did not use Angie's list to locate this provider. Again very impressed and happy. Everyone was great. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned my Cedar Shake Gables.

04/26/2014

Gary C.

Great job on the roof and even did more then they were contracted to do! They cleaned the kids plastic playhouse!

Description of Work
Roof cleaning

01/16/2014

STEVEN V.

I got three other quotes from area roof cleaners. After hours of extensive research, I found that Ugly Shingles was the only company to offer an actual "soft-wash" method that would safely clean our roof without damaging it. After calling the company that manufactured the shingles on my home, it was their recommendation to only hire a company that used this method. Otherwise, I would risk the chance of voiding the warranty on the shingles. The other companies offered "soft-wash" services, however, when I asked for pictures of their equipment I found that it was in fact a high pressure unit. Apparently, the unit had been dialed down to a lower pressure that they claimed to be safe. A 5 year guarantee was also offered without a maintenance plan; unlike the other companies. Ugly Shingles was extremely punctual from answering the phone all the way to completing the service. The entire service only took a couple of hours which included a full roof inspection with pictures which they e-mailed to me. I would highly recommend this company to anybody that requires their services.

Description of Work
Ugly Shingles removed all the bacterial growth and staining from our roof and restored it to look like new again. Our roof was only 12 years old and it looked like it old and worn out.

Quality Over Quantity Inc

4th Generation painters dedicated to quality. Free estimates. No deposit required. 5 Year Warranty. Proudly using Benjamin Moore products. Give us a call today for a free estimate!

USA Building Inspections

We do inspections RIGHT! We use state of the art equipment like infrared thermal imaging, camera equipped drone. AFCI testers. Latest Radon Tester Technology (results in 10 minutes) and more. We find potential problems not visible by the human eye. We provide a detailed and thorough written report with pictures and videos. Why Us?: Certified Professional Inspector by Nachi.org Michigan Residential Builder A+ BBB Rated We are there for you before, during, and AFTER the inspection. Extremely thorough.....some realtors hate that! We work for YOU. We have bought over 50 homes and have seen everything personally that is important in a home. Specialties: FIRST HOME BUYERS LAKEFRONT HOMES CONDOMINIUM MANUFACTURED HOMES COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES INVESTMENT PROPERTIES FLIP PROPERTIES LUXURY HOMES DISTRESSED HOMES WE'LL BUY YOUR HOME GUARANTEE. IF WE MISS ANYTHING WE'LL BUY YOUR HOME BACK. FULL PRICE. BACKED BY INTERNACHI.

Award 2022
    Window Washing Plus

Window washing, gutter cleaning, pressure washing, Family business for over 19 years. Reliable, Courteous, respectable quality work, at reasonable prices!

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    2102200920
    Michigan
    LARA
    $25.00

Roof Cleaning House Washing Gutter Cleaning Pressure Washing Brick & Paver Cleaning