GC Contracting Co LLC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since December 2011

4163 Media Ln

Hartland, MI 48353

GC Contracting Co LLC is a full service residential remodeling and carpentry contractor. We can do part of your project or handle all of it. We specialize in unique furniture, kitchens, baths and much more. We employ mature licensed professionals with whom we have long standing relationships.

11/06/2017

Michelle T.

Gary came out and gave me some great ideas to redo our shower so that my husband, who has had a stroke, can use it safely. My biggest problem was removing a glass wall and door. He immediately set about doing that for me and refused payment for his time. He made several suggestions as to how I could make the shower safe and did not pressure me to make expensive repairs that were not necessary.

Description of Work
I needed to fix a bathroom shower to make it handicap accessible.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

[Member Name Removed] you are welcome our pleasure

03/31/2016

Tyler F.

We contacted the Gary and he was very nice on the phone. He came out, was again super nice, excited to do the job and said it would be two-three weeks for him to create blue print, then he would contact us. We didn't hear from him for two-three weeks. When we called him back he said he was no longer interested in doing the work, he was taking his company in a different direction. We then asked if he knew of anyone else we could contact to do the work, and he said bluntly, I don't give referrals. Overall, we lost over a month of valuable time towards completing this remodel and do not recommend Gary's company based on this.

Description of Work
We wanted to have kitchen remodeling work done.

Category home remodeling

I was very nice to these folks and honest about not doing what they wanted done anymore it was as simple as that .

03/07/2016

Brian G.

Gary and his team are very professional. He came out, provided an estimate for the work, and performed the service exactly as planned, on-time and on-budget. I realize that backsplash work is only part of what his company can offer but, based on my experience, I would (will) give him consideration for other larger projects, when the time comes.

Description of Work
Installed backsplash in kitchen

Category ceramic tile, woodworking

Thanks we treat all jobs the same big or small

02/28/2016

heather H.

He came on time and quoted the work and gave a reasonable time for it to be done.

Description of Work
Contacted the service for some work. Gary always called me back and made time for my appointment. He was courteous and professional. Even though we didn't use him I would call him in the future. Us not using the contractor had nothing to do with them, we decided to do the work. Would recommend him to anyone.

Category woodworking

Thanks we respond to all customers request

02/22/2016

nikhil M.

We purchased first 40 hours of their Services through Angie's list and another 20 hours after that. They were at my home twice and looked at the work and committed to COMPLETE the Work in 60-80 Hours ( max). They said they are pretty sure that they will be done in 60 hours but Maximum 80 hours. After 60 hours of work they still had Lot to finish and wanted us to buy another 40 hours again with NO COMMITMENT that when the work will be done. They have Bad Professional Ethics as you have to watch them for putting false hours as their start and End time. We caught them over 3 times. They do a Quality job but start dragging their feet immediately to burn time so that they can milk more money. If you have to hire them then Bottom line NEVER give them advance money and NEVER hire them to pay by Hour

Description of Work
Installed Kitchen Cabinets, Trim and Crown Moldings in Bar and installation of Door in Bathroom

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

This is a outright lie I have sent Angies list the contract these folks signed that proves this falsehood in addition our attorney is currently exploring our options. you cannot say untruths about companies. All you have to do is look at all of our reviews and body of work. There are people that try to get something for nothing, we were professional in every aspect of this. We even discounted our rate some to try to help them as other contractor left job butchered and unfinished.

02/14/2016

Jim C.

It took a little while to coordinate schedules with Gary, we didn't have all of our materials for the original date, then he got busy with a couple of other jobs, then he hurt his back but we finally got started. The original timeline was a week but with his hurt back it took more like 2 - 2&1/2 weeks, in the end Gary did a great job and we are very pleased with his work. I would recommend him for any type of finish carpentry.

Description of Work
Rebuilt and installed new oak stairs, trim and handrails.

12/17/2015

Karen M.

The latch on my front load washer failed and flooded the laundry room. After the initial clean up by an insurance restoration company, I was told to find another contractor as they were not interested in completing the repairs. I called Gary, from GC Contracting after reading the reviews and cannot tell you how pleased I am with his workmanship. Gary and Dan made recommendations on laying out the laundry room and were amenable to any modifications and able to make those changes without any issues. The laundry room is very small - 6' x 7' that previously had a stack washer/dryer unit. I wanted to convert to side by side top load washer, which required a lot of measuring to ensure a laundry sink and washer/dryer would fit. Gary and Dan gutted the laundry room - removed flooring, existing cabinetry, base molding and shelving units. Laid new tile floor, patched and painted walls, replaced base molding and painted, built a custom cabinet for new laundry tub out of solid oak, attached the counter top and installed wall shelves. In addition, Gary replaced trim in the kitchen that was removed and damaged during the flood. Gary and Dan were done in three days. They are professional, honest and hard working. Their quality and attention to detail is a refreshing change. I wish I could give them at A+++ Gary's prices are fair and reasonable. The cost of the job included some materials plus labor. I provided the majority of the materials - flooring, paint, primer, bar sink, but Gary 's price included the oak wood for the cabinet, stain, hardware, base molding and additional shelving and brackets for the wall. I have additional work I will need done early 2016 and will be calling them. I highly recommend you give Gary and Dan from GC a call for any of your needs.

Description of Work
Laundry Room repair and remodel due to flood from front load washer.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

11/20/2015

David W.

This project exceeded all of my hopes. Our old banister was a mess, and Gary came to my house, gave me some great advice on how to proceed with the project, immediately turned around with a reasonable quote, and was able to start work the following week. Gary and his coworker, Dan, were both incredibly friendly and at the same time professional. They were careful to keep the job site neat and worked swiftly. Gary was considerate in asking for my opinion on the project at each phase of work, and at one point, when I asked for a change, he spent a great deal of time and effort reconfiguring the way the banister attached to the wall just to make it look right to my untrained eye. He was also careful to get the stain to perfectly match my preexisting hardwood floors. I would certainly recommend anyone to call Gary. You will receive professional, excellent craftsmanship and great customer service as well.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced staircase banister and handrail, provided and mounted new door for coat closet

Category woodworking, doors

Thank you for your nice review. We strive to treat peoples homes like our own and consider folks spending their hard earned money with our company serious business and a priveledge. Thanks again

11/02/2015

Marc L.

The remodeling went great. We will use them again!

Description of Work
We originally hired them in May to help with a complete remodel. They did ceramic tile for two bathrooms, they did our kitchen back splash and installed crown throughout our entire house. The quality was perfection. We hired them again in September to do our basement remodel. For that job they framed in our office, bathroom and kitchen and a ton of other stuff including ceramic tile again.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

07/28/2015

Michelle B.

Gary is a really nice guy, and even though he didn't do any work for me, I recommend him and will call him in the future. I had hired a contractor to repair my two-story, wooden porch columns that were rotting and had carpenter ant damage. The day of the repairs, the contractor never showed up and never returned my phone calls. I called Gary after I found his name on Angie's List. He was able to come that very day and look at my problem. Gary showed me that I have more structural damage to the columns than we originally thought, and that work was beyond the scope of his business. Luckily, he recommended another builder to me, and Gary was nice enough to wait with me while I called that builder and set up an appointment. What a nice guy! I will definitely think of him for future work

Description of Work
Gary came out to give me an estimate on some rotten, wooden porch columns

Category decks, woodworking

06/27/2015

Ken K.

Excellent. Gary was fabulous to work with. We recently bought this home, and in the process of having the outside painted discovered there was substantial rot around the pillars located in the front and back of the house. We had to get someone to come out quickly to do the repairs, and Gary was the first contractor to respond. He recommended a repair that would last for years, and obtained the necessary materials. He actually came out on his "off" time during the weekend to get the job done quickly since he knew we wanted to get the painting completed. It took him a day and a half (he worked in the rain to get everything removed and cut but needed the pillars to dry out before he could finish the work) which is exactly what he told us it would take. His quote actually came in less than estimated since he could take some materials back for a refund and passed that along to us. We would absolutely use his services again.

Description of Work
Carpentry work/repair on six (total) pillars on the front and back porch of our home.

Category decks, woodworking

04/04/2015

Margaret H.

Gary Croney and his assistant Jeff were incredible! They installed our kitchen cabinets, moldings, trim and cabinet handles. Gary created a fabulous foundation to hold the granite countertop for an open table area of our kitchen island. He also expertly repaired an antique oak table. Gary and Jeff's work was flawless. They showed up on time, worked hard, cleaned up their work area daily, completed the job in the frame of time as expected and did exactly what we had asked them to do. They were personable, friendly and very easy going. Gary helped us communicate with the cabinet manufacturer to make changes and to order more materials. They gave us creative advice and helped us make décor decisions. We trusted them completely and their price was extremely reasonable. We would definitely hire Gary Croney of GC Contracting again and would highly recommend them to our friends and neighbors!

Description of Work
Gary installed all our kitchen cabinets, trims and moldings. He created a fabulous foundation to hold the granite countertop for an open table area of our kitchen island. He also repaired an antique oak table.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

03/03/2015

Ellen R.

The service has not been performed yet as I do not have space in my house where they could cut, trim and paint it. I will have to have them do the service outdoors and we are waiting until the weather improves to have the work done.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from this company for $1,870 for professional finishing carpentry service for one week.

03/02/2015

Louis W.

The project presented a challenge as the home was missing toilets, tubs, flooring and vanity. The provider developed a plan for the flooring and drywall install and proceeded to perform a quality job. The workers were all top notch, and were happy to explain things to us while performing the work. The workers also cleaned up at the end of each day which was a plus. We only hired them to perform the rough work and it was a great experience. We plan to use them again and would definitely recommend the company for future work.

Description of Work
The provider installed flooring, and drywall needed to renovate/repair a main bathroom and a half bathroom in the same home.

Category countertops, drywall, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

01/12/2015

Nicole S.

Made an appointment with Gary for Saturday 1/10 for an estimate to finish our basement. Appointment was scheduled for 1pm, I called at 1:50 when I hadn't heard anything and he didn't show up. It went to voicemail and I stated that I was still waiting for him to show up for our estimate and that I would appreciate a call back if he needed to reschedule or was just running late. I called again at 2:30 and again got voicemail. As of 10am on Monday, the 12th, I've still heard nothing, hence the review. Completely unprofessional to not only miss an appointment, but also not call.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

12/06/2014

Justin P.

Gary was amazing from day one. Gary is a very pleasant person to talk with and was very attentive to our what we wanted. Gary first came to the house to take measurements and provide me a quote. Gary was able to provide a not to exceed cost in which I was comfortable with. Gary started on the project immediately. I basically showed him a picture and asked if he could make it look exactly the same way. He was able to replicate it exactly the way I wanted. He was able to make progress immediately. He would wait for me to get home almost everyday from work to discuss and share ideas and show me alternatives if any. We really enjoyed having Gary at the house. He became litterally became a friend and someone I felt I have known for a long time. You will quickly realize he values his family. There were many days where we would just chat about current events or anything in general. I really appreciated that Gary was down to earth. The quality of Gary's work was impressive. He was so detailed and was able to overcome few issues that was driven by the house structure itself. He never tried to cut corners but made sure everything looked the best. I wish I could download picture of the finished product. The amount of detail is unbelievable. Both sides have shelves with under cabinets. On one side he left a custom spot for the 65" TV I purchased. The TV fits exactly in the spot. The crown wraps around the entire room as well across the new shelves. The new fireplace mantle looks amazing. His work looks like what you would see on TV or in the magazines. We were almost sad when Gary was finished. It was nice coming home and chatting with Gary. We have lived in this house for 3 years and we never used the living room. Once he completed this project it feels more like home. We spend a lot of time more time as a family in this room. I plan to hire GCC contracting for all of our future projects.

Description of Work
Gary built custom shelves on both side of the fire place as well a new fireplace mantle. He also crowned the entire living area.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Thanks for the kind words. We enjoy our work and take it very seriously when folks spend their hard earned dollars with our company.

12/05/2014

Sandra H.

Did a great job, responsive, would definitely use again.

Description of Work
built a banquette bench and made custom closet door

Category custom furniture, woodworking, doors

Thanks, we enjoy the challenge of going outside the box to make unique pieces of furniture

10/15/2014

Darleen S.

Only issue I had was the dirt. It was hard for them to get the dirt out of the basement, along with the broken up cement. My entrance to the basement is in the middle of my house. They laid down runners and put up plastic. Cleanup was difficult too. That's the only part of this whole process that was a little difficult. I'm still cleaning dust out of the basement! Other than that the owner was very interested in making this a success. He is very professional and really knows his work. I have had no water in my basement. I would use him again!

Description of Work
Waterproofed basement.

Category basement waterproofing

This is wrong review for our company as we do not do basement waterproofing. Credit should go to company ho did the job

09/15/2014

DORIS K.

They told me they would call me back when they could scheduled m after I purchase a Big Deal. Three weeks later they called to tell me they didnt service my area.

Category woodworking

See previous reply to this reposted review

09/15/2014

Connie B.

The service provider never came out and I eventually had the work done by someone else.

Category woodworking

some areas are hard to get to and this is one of them We regret that we cannot get to every request we are a small company

09/11/2014

Judy M.

Dear Readers, I need to clean up a mess that I have made. I had bought a Big Deal for 40 hours of carpentry work last fall from GC Contracting Co LLC. Gary Croney performed all my projects to perfection. To say that Gary is highly skilled and loves his work is an understatement! As previously mentioned, he removed a doorway casing and hinges and replaced with new casing and stained the new wood to form an archway between the living and dining rooms. Good job! Then, he set base cabinets in a small laundry room making it into a butler's pantry. Very well done! Lastly, Gary prepped a broom closet to be used as a laundry center. Superb! Matter of fact, his work was so good that another Angie's List contractor, who was remodeling my bathroom at the same time, marveled. Yes, marveled, at Gary's work! Here's the rub. My projects fell short of 40 hours and I was to be credited for the remaining period of time. Gary promptly sent the refund check the week that my beloved mother had unexpectedly died. I had forgotten ever receiving his check! As a result, unfortunately, many months later, I, error, had written a falsehood against Gary and posted in on Angie's List that I grievously regret. Gary, understandably upset and hurt, furnished me with his check number and date that he sent the check which I believe as truth. No amount of apologies to Gary and his family can correct this horrible mistake. So, let's take my mistake and turn it into good for Gary and his family by showing our support and calling him with any or all of your carpentry needs and ring his phone "OFF THE HOOK"--ha-ha! Thank you for your kind attention to my letter, dear readers. Take care, Gary, and I hope that you are busy for a long, long time! You and your family deserve every good thing on God's green earth. Sincerely, Judy

Description of Work
Gary had removed door jamb and hinges between living and dining rooms and installed new framing and stained the wood. Gary next prepped a broom closet into a laundry center. And, lastly, Gary set base cabinets in a laundry room making it into a butler's pantry.

Category remodeling, woodworking, doors

Thanks [removed member name]for clearing that up we appreciate hat

08/29/2014

Dan C.

We had a metal wire closet organizer/rack and it collapsed under the weight of our clothes. We needed something heavy duty, but since it was in the basement, we didn't want to make a huge investment in our closet. We just needed something simple and STRONG. They did a fabulous job!

Description of Work
Built closet organizer.

Category woodworking

Thanks [removed member name]we employ good people who do a great job no matter the scope

07/23/2014

Alan S.

Unfortunately, they only inspected the job to be done but never followed up to actually perform the work.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them to do carpentry work.

Category woodworking

we did look at job unfortunately we did not get back in a timely fashion. We regret that as we tried to cover too big of a area

07/17/2014

Alexander B.

It went fine, I had no issues. I had them make preparations for a double oven and add doors to the bottom of the cabinet.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $55 for Two Hours of General Carpentry Work & More!

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you big or small jobs does not matter quality is same

06/16/2014

Susan M.

Didn't respond, over and over contact. Returned.

Category woodworking

overwhelmed no excuses we apologize

Manus Builders Inc.

Manus Builders Inc. Howell, MI, 48843 (517) 234-1938 Manus Builders Inc. is a Deck Builder in Howell, MI. Its services are outdoor structures, rough carpentry, and finish carpentry. Affordable Deck Repair; Professional Outdoor Structures Pinckney, MI Deck Builder, Deck Restoration, Deck Contractors, Deck Installation, Deck Refinishing http://manusbuilders.com/

Atlantic Coast Waterproofing Inc

Atlantic Coast is waterproofing Michigan basements one home at a time. Each job that we do receives the proper inspection, diagnosis and quality workmanship that the customer deserves. Our waterproofing solutions are permanent and are not designed to try and stop water but are engineered so we can carry the water away. The key to this fact is that you need to be able to move the water away faster then it is received. Contact us today through angie's List message center or, Additional Contact Number - 248-597-7000 Additional email - contactus@atlanticcoastwaterproofing.com. Owner operated. Check out our Basement Waterproofing videos on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Atlantic-Coast-Waterproofing-Inc-248-597-7000-128372753843315

360 Painting of Oakland County

We’re not your typical paint company. At 360° Painting of Oakland County, we follow a detailed process for every project that ensures we know exactly what you want and we do the work to make it happen. Whether we’re painting a statement wall in your living room or refreshing the exterior of your business, we take care to get things right.

Offers by 360 Painting of Oakland County on Angi

Check, Financing Available

Residential design, build, install & remodeling. Kitchens & baths. Wood turnings. Home theater systems. Carpenters. Cabinet makers. Electricians. Plumbers. Painters. Ceramic tile. Stone work. Crown molding. Additions. Basement finishing. Facades. Drywall. Custom railings. Stairs & home renovations.

Ask for details.