Window World Of West Michigan

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2006

From our wide selection of products to our professional installation, Window World of West Michigan makes it simple to enhance your entire home. We are committed to providing our customers with quality workmanship and professionalism when completing a project within your home. Our experienced and qualified industry professionals are dedicated to providing you with honest, qualified advice and consultations regarding which window, door, siding and roofing options are best for your personal needs. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home or virtual estimate!...

Mr. Roof

Mr. Roof of Grand Rapids is your trusted repair and renovation source for everything on the outside of your home or business. We started as a roofing company in 1962 with the best roofing products and the best services. Soon after, we expanded to siding, gutters, masonry, windows, insulation, and solar panel vents for a more complete customer experience.

Offers by Mr. Roof on Angi
Markin Co.

Locally owned company, with owners that have over 30 years of experience in the industry. Specializes in doors, windows, siding, and roofing. Products sold by Markin Co are environmentally friendly and innovative.

Offers by Markin Co. on Angi
Reyes Builders and Painting LLC

We are a family owned business focusing on interior and exterior painting and finished carpentry services to fit all of your needs. With a sharp attention to detail we are able to deliver on ALL customer needs and desires for each individual project.

10/13/2020

Jason C.

Unlike the 4 other window companies, including Andersen, I had look at my windows for replacement, Window World's sales reps came with a checklist with prices. I knew exactly how much I was paying the day the rep came to my house. The other companies would not give me quotes, stating "let us know what the other companies say" or "we'll cut you deals if you say yes today". Window World's being upfront on prices was greatly appreciated. The work crew was quick, professional, and polite, and the windows (made by Window World) look fantastic. The sun comes through better, but they also are better insulated than my previous windows. I am very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed]!!

11/05/2018

Zach C.

Salesman was a really nice guy & wasn't pushy. Prices were lower than others that I got quotes from & Communication was good with the home office (Had to wait a couple months because of waiting list). Also, the installers were friendly, punctual & did a really good job. So no complaints and would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced 6 windows in my 25 yr old house

04/09/2018

Jodi L.

I am very happy with my new windows. Excellent service, professional installation and a fair price.

Description of Work
17 windows replaced

06/26/2017

Jimmy W.

Outstanding, they were professional in every way, would highly recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
I had 7 windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the kind review. We really appreciate your business. Please call us if you have any other home exterior needs.

03/31/2017

Tom S.

Window world did an amazing job one installation guy was in and out in less than 2 days. The installer went the extra mile to ensure the windows would be good for the next 100 years! From the initial call to the clean up at the end the service was professional and well done.

Description of Work
I have an old farm house built in 1890 that desperately needed new windows. 15 in total all about 24" X 72" in size.

Category replacement windows

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We really enjoyed working with you. Enjoy your new windows!

12/29/2016

John G.

When your shopping for replacement windows you have to be careful. I received quotes from several companies and the prices and quality varied wildly. Not to mention some sales people spent most of their time trash talking the competition. And what they don't tell you is what you have to watch out for. A couple things I learned to watch for: 1. Energy Star Ratings - In 2016 the rating was raised the energy star rating, and many company's windows do not make the new standards. Therefore they do not perform as well and do not qualify for any rebates from the utilities. 2. Quality, I'm no expert on replacement window construction. You hear foam filled and foam filling adds nothing, allot of talk about seams etc. I didn't know what to believe or what was good or bad after a while. So I went back to the Energy Star Rating. That told me about the performance in scientific terms. Window World windows are Energy Star Rated. Also the Window World Sales Person demonstrated their window performance in a way no others did. He froze one side of the window and asked us to touch the other side and did we feel any cold. We didn't then he put a torch flame to the inside. If there was heat transfer it would have quickly melted the frost on the other side it didn't. Very impressive. 2. The Price and Discount Game - All companies make the windows custom to fit the opening, so if your making them custom, size doesn't matter as much.. Several companies came out and measured each one and say you have so many this size and that size and this type and that type. There would be allot of pencil and calculator activity. Resulting in a very high number. Which they they would then start calculating discounts for this and that. Even had one sales guy tell me he normally gets 10% commission, but would only take 2% just for me. Not to mention he told me he had bone cancer (looked pretty healthy to me) Figured he was trying to get the sympathy sell. It's all a game to make you feel like your getting a real deal. Just look at the bottom line price. What I liked about Window World is it was simple. All windows are custom, so there was basically one price. No games and they still came in lower than everybody else for energy star windows. Many of the larger companies you hear advertised all the time on television came in thousands higher. At the end just take the total and divide it by the number of windows. Don't be pressured, was told the discounts and offers were only good for one day. I am very satisfied with the quality of the window, and the installation. 15 window, one day to put them all in and on the second day they did all the outside flashing. I watched the installation and found it to be very good. The main installer had 18 years experience with Window World, was pleasant and respectful to deal with. In summary, after my long search I am very happy I chose Window World.

Description of Work
Purchased 15 replacement windows of various sizes, installed and new flashing on outside.

11/26/2016

Sean M.

We recently had two french-style patio doors installed in our home by Window World and we are extremely pleased with our purchase and investment. From our very first meeting with Brandon VanHouten to the final installation, we have felt that we were dealing with high-quality company that took pride in their products and workmanship. They did an excellent job for us and their finish work was exceptional. We know that we have door and window replacement needs in the future. We won't hesitate to pick up the phone and call Brandon and his team to provide us with the quality products and service we desire! They have earned our trust and we give them our highest recommendation!!

Description of Work
We needed two patio doors replaced.

Category replacement windows,doors

09/19/2015

Gwendolyn R.

I am extremely disappointed with the sales person and the company. The sales person came to my house, I selected a door, and paid a deposit. Beforehand, however, I made a point of telling him that I wanted the door installed before winter set in, meaning speed was important. During his sales pitch, he gave me a form where he had added "Waive Cancellation." He said that if I didn't waive my right to a 3-day cancellation, that they could not "start" the ordering process until after the 3-day period, so I signed. As he left, he said that the "owner" would be out the same day to measure the space and they would order the door. When nobody came the same or next day, I called WINDOW WORLD OF WEST MICHIGAN was told that I "misunderstood" and was "confused" regarding when the space would be measured. I most definitely did not "misunderstand" although I certainly understand why they are sticking to that defense. Consequently, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding WINDOW WORLD OF WEST MICHIGAN'S unethical practice of "encouraging" a customer to waive their right to cancel. The door was ridiculously expensive anyway and if I had not waived my right I definitely would have cancelled.

Description of Work
I selected a replacement exterior front door but it has not been ordered or installed.

Category doors

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I will be calling you Monday to cancel your order and give you a full refund. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you, Brandon VanHouten Owner

07/23/2015

Caleb C.

It went very well. They got everything done in a timely fashion, and cleaned up after themselves. Everything turned out great.

Description of Work
They installed some breezeway windows.

07/23/2015

Sondra B.

The installation went fairly well. The installer was very good and efficient. The problem came with the bid and unexpected add on's. The salesman came out and gave me a quote of $5900, They then had their in house installer come out and re-measure and confirm the salesman's original quote. At this point everything meshed. When the installer came he started to install and found out, due to the type windows he was taking out he couldn't save the wraps and would have to replace them to the tune of $1600. This is a 27% add on, and mistake by both the original salesman and company installer that should have caught (according to the installer). Had I known about this when I received the original quote I would have searched out more suppliers for quotes. Then some of my original order didn't get shipped so they had to set up another date 6 weeks out to install the other part of the order. When I called the sales person to question this, it took him a week to return my call. When i did talk to him he said he would call me back 3 days later with a resolution. He called back10 days later and said that it was his mistake and the company installers mistake and he would see what he could do. This was a Friday and he said he would call me back on Mondays. Again 10 days later he called back and the end result was that they would remove one of the add on. This totaled 1% of the bill. Gee thanks! I understand the need for the add on but had I known this from the beginning I would had gone with another company who had a lower bid for the same work. This was a very poor experience overall.

Description of Work
Installed window

Category replacement windows

vinyl replacement windows, siding, exterior, doors & insulation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express, Discover