Kentwood Plumbing & Heating Inc

Founded 1967 • With Angi since June 2006

3411 32nd St SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Kentwood Plumbing & Heating has been serving the needs of the greater Grand Rapids community for over 40 years. We have the skills to match whatever your job requires, whether its large or small. Kentwood Plumbing & Heating is family owned, and we're in our second generation of maintaining the

08/25/2019

sMarcia M.

They did excellent work. The hourly rate was quite high

Description of Work
various household plumbing jobs

07/03/2019

sarah e. P.

Perfectly. We have used them for many years, and are always pleased with the work that is done.

Description of Work
Elbow pipe under sink replaced.

08/22/2018

FB M.

They tried to overcharge us. We have a home security system which time stamps every person when they enter and leave. I called and disputed the bill. After a heated exchange with the owner, I finally told him I was paying the only rate I was ever quoted plus their listed price of the new faucet. I paid him by check so they couldn't over bill my credit card. The repair man left his whence which I am charging a storage charge!

Description of Work
Outside faucet repair

07/27/2018

WILLIAM C.

I CALLED 4 PLUMBING COMPANIES TO GET BIDS. EVERYONE'S BID WAS A FIRM $1,600., EXCEPT KENTWOOD PLUMBING & HEATING; WHO SAID IT WOULD RANGE BETWEEN $1,300. - $1,600. THEIR PLUMBER DOESN'T COLLECT THE MONEY, SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA THEY ARE GOING TO OVERCHARGE YOU UNTIL AFTER THE WORK IS COMPLETED. OUR BILL CAME: $1864.18. THE OWNER WOULD ONLY AGREE TO REMOVE $100. I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

Description of Work
WATER HEATER REPLACED

Category water heater repair

07/12/2018

Ray B.

Doug came right on time and did the work flawlessly. I had thought about trying to do it myself but I am very happy that I called Doug at Kentwood Plumbing. He did what I think would have taken me 4 hours with questionable results because I would have been learning as I went in 45 minutes, If my experience is any indicator, you can't go wrong with Doug at Kentwood plumbing.

Description of Work
I had a leak on the line from my water heater and I needed a new valve for my shower.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/30/2018

Gordon J.

Totally satisfactory - As above - would definitely call them again

Description of Work
Plugged bathtub drain

Category drain cleaning

10/03/2017

Justin S.

Outstanding. Bill was a phenomenal plumber, he fixed the issue quickly and cleanly, and answered any questions I had. Greatly appreciated all of it, and will absolutely hire again the next time I need a plumber,

Description of Work
Downstairs sink was backing up and overflowing every time dishes were done.

09/24/2017

Ari C.

They worked hard and quickly to get the job done. Everyone we interacted with at Kentwood P &H was attentive and kind. These guys truly are the best

Description of Work
Furnace replaced

07/31/2017

Michael S.

Paul and his team went above and beyond to get our A/C running by their promised date.

Description of Work
They installed a Unico A/C system in an old 1920's home without ductwork.

07/28/2017

Trevor H.

He was very helpful. It turns out that the water pressure wasn't turned up all the way and when the hot water was turned on full the pipe rattled due need for full pressure. I actually felt pretty stupid since it was such a quick fix. But he didn't make me feel stupid so,that was appreciated. My only issue was that he was almost an hour late for the scheduled appointment...which is fine, but a call letting me know that would have been considerate:).

Description of Work
Annoying rattling pipe in basement bathroom.

07/25/2017

Ghulam M.

I did have a good experience with them.

03/14/2017

Tim F.

I liked their punctuality. They had to make two trips and it was all included in the same price, which was good. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Kentwood Plumbing did 2 faucet repairs. They replaced the cartridges in our Kooler fixtures in our master bath.

02/07/2017

Steven S.

So far, everything is an A. They have service techs that know our equipment and can fix it right the first time.

Description of Work
They are working on our boiler right now.

01/11/2017

William D.

He did the service in a spell. He was really good with us and really good with our dog. When he came and did his service, he knew what he way doing. He gave us some free advice on some other things around the tab, things we can probably do ourselves and then he was on his way. He was quick and courteous.

Description of Work
There was a leak that was going on in the sink and I had a pretty good clog in the shower.

01/06/2017

Greg N.

I did not have any issues at all. It took a little under a hour. It was fast, the guy was here pretty quickly. He got the job done. He was friendly and we chatted a little bit and then he left.

Description of Work
We had a shower that was leaking and they came fixed a pipe.

11/17/2016

Ghulam M.

The quality of work is a A. They are good people. Good at assessing what you need and give a honest option. I called and got a few quotes and each company told me I needed to complete replace my boiler. They came and said it was repairable. It took a few days to get work scheduled so it would be nice if they could have a bigger staff so the customer wouldn't have to wait.

Description of Work
They repaired the boiler in my rental home.

09/04/2015

Trevor H.

I had been trying for a few days to unclog the drain myself. I have very limited plumbing expertise but I wanted to see what I could do before I hired the big guns! Needless to say I was quite unsuccessful. So I called Kentwood Plumbing. It was a couple of days before they were able to send someone out but the gentleman arrived early, laid down the proverbial cloth and got right to work. He snaked that drain like no ones business!! I was very grateful. The $60 trip fee wasn't the greatest but I haven't called a plumber in so long and that may be an industry standard at this point. Other than that I was happy with the final cost. Very professional experts. I would most certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Unclogged stubborn kitchen drain.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

07/17/2015

Brian N.

Our toilet inlet valve had been dripping for a while. I had the day off from work, so I decided to call a plumber and see if I could get someone out. I tried the very popular company that starts with "G", but they said it would take two weeks to come out. I guess popular is not always better. So, I called Kentwood Plumbing and Heating and they said they could stop by within the hour. True to their word a little while later a plumber was ringing my doorbell. The plumber was very professional and put shoe coverings on before entering my home. He gave me a few options for the repair ranging from budget oriented to top-shelf parts. I opted for the top-shelf part and was very impressed with the quality of the inlet valve. It had brass parts, not plastic. He completed the work in less than a half-hour and told me that I did not have to pay today, he would send me a bill. I was very happy with the service, quality of work, quality of the parts used, punctuality, and price that I was charged. I even got an Angie's List discount. I would recommend Kentwood Plumbing and Heating.

Description of Work
Replaced the inlet valve and supply line on our toilet.

05/18/2015

Avis H.

I would recommend them. The owner takes personal interest in making sure you get good service and that they do a good job and following it up. I am going to use them over and over again.

Description of Work
I used Kentwood Plumbing may be six months ago in October for regular plumbing.

01/31/2015

Andy P.

Our furnace stopped working around 8:00 pm one night, I called them and they were extremely helpful over the phone. The repair guy called and helped me fix our furnace. He explained that it would be expensive to fix since it was after hours, and then proceeded to help me "re-start" the furnace.

Description of Work
It was a simple fix; but he basically helped me figure out the problem without any service call. Nice company.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

01/01/2015

Tom F.

They do great work. A couple of years ago they replaced our water heater. The was done in an afternoon, and due to owning an older home, they had to do some custom work to bring the house up to code. We called them again, and what I thought was going to be an expensive and messy repair, was just the opposite. They are professional, clean, and on time. This alone is "priceless"!

Description of Work
Replied cracked copper pipe.

12/24/2014

gerri B.

I have rental properties, pricing was too high. Few years ago used them for my own home, was very pleased.

Description of Work
provided quote

12/23/2014

Namit D.

The person was professional and provided quote in timely manner with good details. We decided to go with another vendor because of better warranty but they were our second choice

Description of Work
Quote for furnace replacement.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/22/2014

Sue D.

very prompt. Would use ahain

Description of Work
repair toilet, and pipe

10/03/2014

THOMAS N.

I have used Kentwood Plumbing & Heating many times over the last several years. They are always prompt, professional, responsive, and reasonably priced.

Simon Inc

We are a family-owned company with over 10 years of industry experience. We value honesty and integrity and treat your property as if it were our own. We offer a variety of home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in Power/Pressure Washing, House and Roof Washing, Patio/Deck and Concrete Cleaning, Gutter and Window Cleaning, Construction Cleaning and a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients. Contact us for a free quote today!

2022 Super Service Award

Lake Michigan Softwash

Professional exterior cleaners. We get green and spider webs off of siding. Also, we clean gutters as well as flat surfaces such as driveways and sidewalks.

Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers Coupon

81-09139
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential, commercial installation, air conditioning, plumbing, drain cleaning, water heaters, boilers & water softeners.

Sewer Installations.