INDOOR CLIMATE SOLUTIONS

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2010

6757 Cascade Rd. 242

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

When you call us, a live person will answer 95% of the time. If you leave a message, we will get back to you within an hour or less. We will give some suggestions that you could do to fix your problem. If that does not work, we can schedule an appointment to come out and diagnose the problem. The cost to diagnose the problem is $79.00. When we find the problem, we will give you a quote of the cost of the repair. Our service person will call before coming out, hand you a business card when he arrives and will enter your home without shoes or with clean booties on. We will leave your home as clean as we found it. We have been in this industry since 1971 and have solved thousands of heating and cooling problems. Call us now so that we can find a solution for your problem. We also do new installations of heating and air conditioning equipment if that would serve you best. THANKS...

09/11/2019

Clay P.

It went great.

Description of Work
Replaced AC

06/28/2019

Tom A.

Wow, where should I start. This is absolutely the worst company for service after installation that I could imagine. I could write a book, but to summarize, Ryan and Indoor Climate Solutions (ICS) installed a Fujitsu mini split system during a remodel in December 2015. I always believed that it was not working correctly, and after I got Fujitsu and another contractor involved, my suspicions were confirmed. After paying ICS $4900.00 for installation, we limped along until September 2018, when the system went into total failure. During this time ICS went from being an elite installer with Fujitsu to not even being mentioned on the Fujitsu website. I even questioned whether ICS no longer wanted to use Fujitsu products, but that was denied. Between June 2016, and May 2019, I made many phone calls to Ryan Hansen, his father Harvey, and a very pleasant young lady named Natalia. I realized quite early in the process that ICS has an aversion to making the trip from their location in Grand Rapids to Grand Haven, but I nonetheless persisted, offering to pay their shop rate as well as drive time to check it out. Needless to say, after many (false) promises, they NEVER followed through. As recently as December 2018, Ryan promised that he would come and repair the unit, but said that in the future i would need to find a local dealer to service the unit. Well that never happened either. Finally after many conversations with Fujitsu, and an $85.00 service call from another dealer, I got Fujitsu to agree to replace the entire outdoor condenser, for a mere $600.00 and another $400.00 for installation. After another hour on the phone with Fujitsu, I figured out how to make this unit work correctly. Before, I would set the controller/thermostat to 66°F to get the cooling to 75°F. Now the indoor setting is the actual temperature; it works beautifully. In summary, I will never use Indoor Climate Solutions to do anything. Even though I never acted rudely, harshly, or in a threatening manner, I’m certain that ICS will be happy to hear me say that. I continue to be baffled, but I will assume that 1) ICS does not like Fujitsu products; 2) ICS believes that there is some reasonable reason to avoid the 50.6 mile trip to Grand Haven; and 3) ICS is so dishonest that they are unable to tell the truth, give an honest answer, or admit their mistakes. ICS’s website says “Alto, Caledonia & Grand Rapids Heating and Cooling” and after reading most of their reviews, I only can advise that when you call to request service, make sure you live in one of those communities. I never thought to ask them, and they never told me that they they really didn’t want to work in Grand Haven. I suppose they might say that was my fault, but this situation was so absolutely avoidable. All they needed to tell me was “We don’t work in Grand Haven. If you look on YELP and Angie’s list and you will find other bad reviews. Avoid these guys.

Description of Work
Installed A Fujitsu Mini Split

01/30/2018

David B.

Keith replaced the blower motor on my furnace and didn't do the serial # check to see if the furnace was under warranty, which it was by several years (that an easy check for them and should be an automatic check for the customer). Then in a phone call with Harvey and another guy a couple of days later they won't refund the cost of the parts under warranty. The parts were costly because it was a blower motor and a capacitor. They wouldn't fix their mistake. So my cost was $419 and it should have been significantly less. Surprising to me that they make a mistake and then won't make it right with the customer. Customer service side: Twice after talking to them they said they would get back with me and both times I had to call them back 2 or 3 days later.

Description of Work
Indoor climate solutions diagnosed it as the furnace blower motor having gone out.

08/31/2016

Monica H.

Top notch company- highly recommend them for your heating/cooling needs. They have helped me with maintenance on my furnace and air conditioner; as well as help me with an urgent repair. They are honest & ethical, quick to give you practical advice to save you unnecessary replacement costs. I value their expertise in energy credits and installing proper units specific for size and needs.

Description of Work
Furnace/air conditioner maintenance. Emergency repair on furnace.

08/18/2016

Ghulam M.

Description of Work
The price was reasonable. The work was done very proficiently and I was happy with their work.

12/03/2015

Rebecca C.

07/30/2014

Debra A L.

I have never had my air conditioner checked (It's about 10 years old) they came out, tested and inspected it. Did a very thourough job, feel confident my conditioner is in great shape yet.

Description of Work
Clean and check of my air conditioner.

01/02/2014

Janet C.

In 2012 and 2013 could not get them out to clean boiler. From April to Aug.(2013)would not return my calls with new urgent issues with water hissing out and later pouring from steam vent.Learned this fall that re-piping was incorrect.

Description of Work
Had done some steam boiler re-piping work done in the near past.

08/08/2013

Rodney W.

The guys at Indoor Climate Solutions were great from start to finish. Always on time, great communication and just an overall good experience.

Description of Work
Indoor Climate Solutions replaced my old furnace and bad air conditioner with new equipment.

08/28/2012

Ingrid A.

They forgot something and they came back the next time they were available so that was good. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Indoor Climate Solutions for replacing the furnace and the water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Pipe Monster Plumbing

Pipe Monster is passionate not only to bring you the values of the past like honesty and quality, but also the innovations of our present time. Instant water heaters, smart home plumbing devices, hot water recirculation, low threshold showers, and an un beatable value in our service department. If you are looking for a company with experience, look no further. Pipe Monster's got your back!

Turner Cooling & Heating

Proudly serving Grand Rapids area providing 24-hour service and Free Estimates for all of our customers. We also provide 1-year Turner Cooling and Heating labor warranty on any major equipment. If you experience a problem within 1 year of service, our reputable staff will repair your system for no labor charge.

Pro-Tech Heating & Cooling

Pro-Tech Heating & Cooling is your premier provider for heating and cooling including furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, water heaters, heat pumps, mini splits and much more. We perform service and repairs, sell and install new equipment, offer preventive maintenance programs and have outstanding after hours and emergency service. We process warranty registrations and rebates on all equipment installed so you don't have to worry about it! We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service and satisfaction. Pro-Tech started out as a small 3 person operation in 2003 with Andy & Lisa Purvins and their nephew Justin. Andy worked in the field since college at Hudsonville Heating where he got his start as a service technician and later at Blue Star Heating & Cooling where he was the service manager and served on the board of directors. Since then Pro-Tech has grown into a 14 person company that has gained a large customer base serving Grand Rapids and surrounding areas. We are relatively new to Angie's List so you can check out our reviews on Google and Customer Lobby!

Estimates for new equiptment are free
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

We work with homeowners, rental property owners and commercial space owners and tenents to provide solutions for their heating and cooling problems. We work on forced air furnaces, central air conditioning, hot water and steam boilers and commercial rooftop heat/cool equipment. We also find solutions to your indoor air quality problems such as too much or too little humidity, air cleaning and ventilation. Give us a call at 616-891-4328.