HJ Home Inspections, Inc.

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2006

Owner operated with over 16 years in the Home Inspection Business. Please review http://www.hjhomeinspections.com for more details, completed courses and certifications...

SGS Contracting Environmental Services Llc

*Call us today and ask about our Angie's List Deals!* With over 20 years of experience, we specialize in asbestos abatement, Mold and Radon Remediation, Duct cleaning and sterilization, Indoor air quality, Air Sampling Testing and Inspections. Let-SGS Clear the Air! *20% Discount for Seniors and Veterans*

Offers by SGS Contracting Environmental Services Llc on Angi
American Flo Blasting

American Flo Blasting is a full service soda, sand, and multi-media blasting co. located in Climax, Mi just outside of Galesburg. This company is a mobil operation that will come to you or you may choose to drop off smaller jobs at our shop. We specialize in mold remediation, fire damage restoration, paint removal from brick buildings as well as antique auto restoring. We will work with your insurance company to insure your satisfaction. Free estimates! Call 269-207-2514, 7 days a week to schedule an appointment. 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

616 Restore, Inc.

Cleaning & Restoration. Serving Michigan 40 years.

07/23/2020

Tim K.

I met Harold at the home we had under contract. We initially focused our attention to the foundations of the additions the existing owner added onto the home several years ago. Harold discovered that the foundations were constructed from treated lumber and not concrete. Since this was a non-starter for us in terms of purchasing the home, we concluded what would have been a 4+ hour inspection in less than an hour. Harold discounted his fee accordingly. Harold was extremely knowledgeable, and we will certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

08/07/2017

Susan S.

Harold was very professional and explained what he would be doing during the inspection. I was allowed to ask any question and was told a answer right away. At the end of the inspection (lasted 2 1/2 hours) Harold gave a complete verbal report and told me a written report would be in my email the same day. A friend is purchasing a home and I have given him HJ Home Inspections (Harold's) phone number to have a good and reliable inspection done.

Description of Work
I had a offer to purchase on a condo that Harold did the inspection and radon testing. I also looked at a blank inspection report that showed what he looked for in each inspection he does, it is very thorough.

07/17/2017

Jared P.

The inspector was very professional and provided a detailed 97 page report with photos of areas of concern.

Description of Work
Complete inspection on 3800sqft house.

06/13/2017

Prudence S.

This is what happened and you can make your own judgement: I signed his contract to do an inspection, radon check and termite inspection. He doesn't let you follow him. He stated that after examining each area, he would explain what he found. What he first found, and explained to me, made me reject the house and the inspection stopped. He subtracted the cost of the radon check and charged me $450 for 1/2 hour of work.

Description of Work
He completed part of a house inspection.

Category home inspection

We were not very far into the inspection when [Member Name Removed] stated, much to my surprise, that she wanted to stop the inspection. We had determined that there was a crawlspace under an addition with no access to it and so it (the crawlspace) could not be inspected. The possibility existed that issues with water/mold, termites, and/or carpenter ants could be present. It was also noted that there wasn't any venting of the crawlspace present. She stated that she had that situation in a previous home and did not want that again. "Besides" she said, " I am not in love with the house anyway". She went on, "it is no fault of yours so I want to pay you anyway what we originally agreed to". I told that would not be necessary so I deducted the cost of the radon test. The home itself was absolutely immaculate and everything so far on the exterior was very professionally done (new windows roof, etc.) and with very good quality materials. At that point of the inspection, there was no reason to walk from the home unless, of course, you just aren't willing to have an inaccessible crawlspace. I simply pointed out to her the situation with the crawlspace (I am sure you would want the inspector to point that out to you as well). She was uncomfortable with that situation and so she stopped the inspection. I assume, because of the lack of inventory on the market and the bidding wars taking place, that she is now regretting her decision. The way I conduct inspections is to do them in stages. I start with the exterior, roof and chimney and enter the findings and pictures into the reporting system. At that point, I bring the client up to date with the findings of that phase and then look at, and discuss, any of the findings prior to proceeding with the next phase of the inspection. It was at the end of the that first phase that she made the decision not to proceed.

02/13/2017

Leslie B.

Harold Van Dyk performed the inspection. He responded to my request in less than 24 hours and the inspection was scheduled within two days. The inspection was thorough, including a radon test. He reviewed with me some of the findings during the inspection. A summary of the report was available following the inspection and the entire report was delivered electronically that evening. Mr. Van Dyk also was helpful in providing safety information and a vendor list for home repair and remodeling. I highly recommend HJ Home Inspections.

Description of Work
HJ Home Inspections did an inspection for a home I had put an offer on.

01/13/2017

susan S.

Excellent, Harold was on time, professional as well as personable, very knowledgeable and thorough. He spent 3 1/2 hours and showed us items of concern and explained the issues as he went along. He took numerous photos and included them in his lengthy report. He walked on the roof to inspect it as well as the chimney. His inspection was very detailed and described every issue whether it was large or small. We would highly recommend HJ Home Inspections inc.

Description of Work
We needed a whole house purchase inspection for a potential real estate transaction.

11/01/2016

Candace W.

Our experience with HJ Home Inspections was the best we ever had. From the moment we made our online appointment request, the follow up and attention to detail was outstanding. Prompt, thorough, patient, professional and extremely knowledgeable, we will recommend HJ Home Inspections to everyone we know with an unqualified five star review.

Description of Work
Home inspection

01/31/2016

Kaylie O.

They did an outstanding job inspecting my home. He was very thorough and gave estimates on when things would need to be reviewed/replaced in the future.

Description of Work
Home inspection including roof.

01/16/2016

Bruce G.

Was not able to attend inspection so did not provide feedback on punctuality. Inspector coordinated with selling realtor. Inspector sent report via email in addition to summary report highlighting major findings. Separate pdf files allowed providing summary to seller for remediation of issues. Was pleased with the level of detail provided including photo's illustrating comments and findings

Description of Work
Inspect home as part of home purchase

10/28/2015

Andrew S.

Inspection was conducted in a very thorough and very professional manner. It is clear that Harold knows his craft well and he was able to identify several key areas of concern which were helpful in review with the sellers. I would highly recommend HJ Home Inspectors as a reliable provider for this service!

Description of Work
HJ provided a complete home inspection of a property we were considering for purchase.

Category home inspection

HJ Home Inspections, Inc.

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2006

2146 Krislin Dr NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49505

Complete Home Inspection in the extended Greater Grand Rapids area including Radon Testing, Mold Testing, Well & Septic Inspections, duplexes, multi-unit and apartment complex inspections, consulting conditions of shingles, furnaces & water-drainage problems. Structural issues requiring a Professional Certified Engineer. Expert witness services.

N/A