Godwin Plumbing Inc.

Founded 1955 • With Angi since June 2006

3703 Division Ave S

Grand Rapids, MI 49548

Our four divisions are plumbing (residential & commercial), hardware (3 retail locations), heating & cooling, and water treatment....

08/11/2022

Rosa S.

I'm very happy with his service. I would highly recommend him to others especially to our neighbors here.

Description of Work
He installed a new water heater which is very important. He thorougly discussed with me the issue regarding the water heater.

03/05/2021

Brian D.

They were always on time and they did excellent work. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They replumbed the bathrooms and kitchen.

Category plumbing

Thanks so much, [Member Name Removed]. We are thrilled to hear this!

09/03/2018

Dwaine H.

Excellent. My service person was up and current on all that I needed and was done in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
hot and cold faucet for washing machine plus new insert for Moen shower handle.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed] - we are glad to hear you are please with the service you received. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!

08/24/2018

Mary Beth J.

Very professional. Very informative, knowledgeable and honest. Had him look at my over 25 year old hot water heater for possible replacement. He gave me the pro's and con's of replacing it and decided not to replace it. Would recommend Godwin to all of my friends!

Description of Work
Leak with faucet, possible hot water heater replacement

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you're happy with the service you received and we always appreciate referrals to friends. Thank you!

06/29/2018

Mariette V.

The estimate was accurate and the service was professionally completed during a plumbing emergency. One consideration to be aware of is that they do not finish any drywall after installation. They did let me know in advance so I could plan on that work.

Description of Work
New tub, shower, and plumbing

02/21/2018

e B.

I had total confidence in him. He was in and out in no time

Description of Work
Replaced shower fixtures

Category plumbing, home improvement stores

12/17/2017

Kate S.

Great! He was able to solve the issue by flushing the toilet and tweaking a few things, and didn't charge us for it. Left us with some coupons for future services and some advice on things we had questions on. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Toilet proving difficult.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it!

10/23/2017

Trent W.

They did a great job, very personal a respective of property

Description of Work
Worked on my water softner

10/04/2017

Diana F.

Tony did a great job. He was very professional and efficient. I 2as amazed at how quickly he completed these 3 services. I would hire him again if needed.

Description of Work
New water line for icemaker. Water line leak repaired. Installation of new sink and faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate it.

09/14/2017

Jim D.

see above description, I definitely highly recommend

Description of Work
I had godwin plumbing come to the house for an estimate on installing a central air system. They noticed that my water heater in this house I purchased august 4, 2017 was taped up to hide water leaks and also we discovered that it was at least 21 years old. So, I made the decision to have them replace the water heater as well as do the central air installation both on the same day which was scheduled for Thursday morning. Tuesday evening I heard a weird noise in the basement and looked to see water gushing from the bottom of my hot water heater. I shut off the water supply and first thing Wed morning I called and reached Sandy and asked her if it was possible to move up the hot water installation to a day earlier and I explained the situation to her. She immediately got a crew out to my house to do the emergency replacement and waived all the service fees so my price remained the same even after having to do things on two different days. Chris was the installer for the water heater and was so nice friendly and courteous. The water heater looked fantastic and he was concise and thorough with his instructions about the water heater. Thursday morning Len showed up to do the central air and my goodness Godwin is so lucky to have this man working for them. Awesome details, beautiful work and such attention to detail making sure that everything was explained to me and that all connections and lines were secure stable and he talked me through every step of what he was doing. Len went so far above the actual requirements for the job to make sure that I was informed about the system and what amazing good attitude he has. Truly a bonus for Godwin. Sandy I want to make sure to have her appreciated for expediting everything and making sure that all the work was done and making my worries moot. This woman knows her job and she is a treasure to talk with and seeing such quick results. Thank you Godwin Plumbing for the awesome work and a truly satisfying customer experience.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

08/09/2017

michael G.

They've come and helped us out a few times.

Description of Work
They were replacing some of our water filters.

05/22/2017

Leslie B.

Two technicians took a look at the problem and recommended I contact the Condo Association management. Also it was a type of pipe that they no longer worked on. I appreciate that they pointed me in the right direction and did not charge me for service call.

Description of Work
Pipe that leads into the Condo was leaking and causing water to be all over the floor

05/06/2017

Anita E.

They've been my go to for hardware and plumbing since 1990 because they can be trusted to do it right, treat you right, and refer if they can't do it or get it. They were on Kohler's service provider list for the Kohler warranty work. They came out in two days after the non urgent service request. He fixed the brand new airjet tub damaged by the PHI contractor who left mortar and water overnight in my brand new tub and plugged the jets and the drain pipes. He also repaired the shower faucet, although a different brand, at no charge. He removed the grout the contractor had installed on the new hardware preventing it from working and also corrected it so it was right side up. He also provided education on the functions on the new tub. Every dept. staff are great at providing education to assist in purchasing the right product or how to FIY and save a service call. They also have told me that a special order part would be cheaper to purchase off the internet. They cover their shoes when they enter the home. They are the tops!

Description of Work
They cut a hole in a ceramic kitchen sink and installed water filer system and faucet 25 yrs ago. still works fine. They repaired a brand new Kohler airjet tub after bath remodeler damaged it. Also repaired shower faucet that remodeler had grouted making it unusuable.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning, home improvement stores

02/04/2017

Jewel H.

Perfectly. They first estimated the service then came back to do the work with the right tools in hand. The technician was nice and also professional. The work was done with no problems and was a little less than estimated.

Description of Work
I had an assortment of fairly minor repairs needed: Replacement for a gas line within my home and repair of three separate minor plumbing issues.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your experience with us. We appreciate customer feedback and are so glad your experience with us with positive. We hope we can help you again in the future with any of your plumbing, heating & cooling or water treatment needs. Liz Wozniak Marketing Coordinator Godwin Plumbing, Inc.

11/21/2016

Andy V.

But all and all they weren't the worst in just wish they'd been more careful

Description of Work
I had a bathtub put in. It wasn't installed straight so it left a big gap in the existing tile and I told him specifically to button it up against the tile. Then they wore their boots in my new tube and scratch it.

04/18/2016

Rosemary G.

Steve was very professional, friendly, and answered all my questions. He even checked my two bathrooms' plumbing for me to be sure there were no plumbing issues (per my query.) He cleaned area of any mess when he was finished with job. I was very happy with my decision to use Godwin's Plumbing ... great customer service and work performance.

Description of Work
Cleared kitchen sink drain, replaced existing garbage disposal, replaced all tubular drain tubing, and repaired kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

04/15/2016

Melissa J.

Loved working with this company. When I called for a quote, the person I spoke with gave me an ITEMIZED quote, explaining how much the water heater, parts, labor, and permit would cost, also adding that it might change once the plumber came out and saw our individual situation. He said if that happened, they would give us another quote and we could refuse services at that time (at no cost to us) if we needed to think about the new quote. He was very knowledgeable about their products and fully answered all of my questions. Scheduling took less than five minutes. They came out the next morning! My husband was on site for the installation and he had this to say about the plumber that came out: "He was friendly and professional and didn't pressure me in any way. Made it obvious up front that he was doing a walk through/estimate, and if i didn't like the estimate we'd be done, no charge. He also explained the estimate up front and explained the work he would have to do after doing his analysis." The actual cost was slightly higher than we thought since we needed additional duct work, but was very close to the original estimate. They weren't the lowest bid we got, but we decided to go with them because of how thorough and knowledgeable they were. We will see how the quality of their work, and the water heater they stood behind, holds up over the next several years.

Description of Work
Hot water heater replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, home improvement stores

02/02/2016

Betzie D.

Explained everything in detail; outstanding service; polite; would recommend to a friend

Description of Work
Checked leaking toilet

01/02/2016

Thomas W.

Very prompt with the service. The installer came out, assessed the situation, educated me and called dispatch for prompt delivery of the new water heater. In the short wait, the installer removed the old water heater and prepped the area. This was a very efficient and comfortable transaction as compared to a competitor who sent out a salesman to upsell. Glad the competitor sent out the salesman first because it gave me time to come to my senses and call Godwin to get a better product at a better price.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

12/18/2015

adele N.

The tech that came, Allen Davis, was very professional and explained everything in a manner that I could understand completely. He worked quickly and efficiently. It cost more than was planned but he explained why and it was completely understandable. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/10/2015

Rachel C.

I was very impressed with the service. The person who are out fixed the problem quickly and at a reasonable price. He even talked me out of expensive repairs because they were not necessary. I choose them because of their reputation & they definitely lived up to it

Description of Work
Repaired a leaky toilet

08/05/2015

I couldn't be more satisfied. I had been given estimates from a couple other plumbing companies before joining Angie's List, and was not happy with them at all. Brian, Bob, and Ted, that Godwin sent out to do our project, were absolutely professional and skilled at their trade. I appreciate them and the work they did completely. Also, I appreciate Tim at the company for the helpful information and scheduling the work...he was extremely professional as well. Before finding them I was starting to feel that finding someone to do quality work wasn't possible anymore. They definitely get an A+ rating for quality customer service and satisfaction. I understand completely why they have such a good reputation. Thank you, Godwin Plumbing!

Description of Work
Re-routed and replaced copper supply lines from an exterior wall to upstairs bathroom and partial basement plumbing. The pipes were in need of updating because they were undersized and had frozen in the past. They also replaced a well pressure tank in our basement, and an outdoor sillcock.

08/03/2015

Raymond C.

The job was done quick, cleaned up as if they were not even there and priced fairly. I was a work when they arrived and my wife and mother in law were there and the ladies both stated how nice and friendly the Godwin Crew was. Godwin is our "GO TO" for any thing plumbing!!

Description of Work
Godwin cut out and replaced old cast Iron drain Line coming from the upstairs Bathroom also replaced 2 leaking Faucets

07/10/2015

Skip P.

Bad business! I had to set an appoint for 12 days out because that is as soon as Godwin could get to me. I have an apartment with a tenant living in it with practically no hot water pressure. I scheduled a service call for today (July 10th). When Godwin showed up they looked around a bit and said it would be a 3 to 4 hour job and they didn't have the time to work on it. They were there just to see what the problem was. Are you kidding me! I did not call for a consultation. I called for a service call and explained exactly what was the problem. I am told now that they will not be able to make it out until the 24th to do some actual work! 14 more days on top of the 12 I've already been waiting. Forget it. That is bad business. Godwin just lost a customer and I will be letting everyone know, do not call Godwin if you actually want some work done! Bad business Godwin!

Description of Work
Nothing! Looked a my problem and told me to reschedule for another appointment.

06/30/2015

Kila A.

Great job. I don't recall the price.

Description of Work
Replaced pump that moves waste ftom lower level.

Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers by Tri County Water on Angi
    Blue Wolf Concepts

We know Michigan water! We do not contract our work out, we are a family-owned business with over 100 years of combined experience. We offer Michigan's best water treatment Systems, Drinking systems with 100% Customer Satisfaction Service. Rated # 1 in the World Customer Satisfaction by RainSoft Factory. We are Michigan's problem water specialists! Made in America with a Lifetime Warranty! FREE WATER TESTING AVAILABLE!! https://www.bluewolfconcepts.com/water-testing

Offers by Blue Wolf Concepts on Angi
    Our Majesty's Handyman Services, LLC

We are owner operated. We take pride in our quality craftsmanship. We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients and integrity is what we deliver to our clients along with exceptional work. For example we pay special attention in taking our time and value your personal property as our own. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality craftsmanship. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular project. Our company pays special attention to meeting your needs in whatever it is you request. We look forward to working with you!

Offers by Our Majesty's Handyman Services, LLC on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

electrical

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Godwin Plumbing Inc.

How is Godwin Plumbing Inc. overall rated?

Godwin Plumbing Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Godwin Plumbing Inc. open?

Godwin Plumbing Inc. is open:

What payment options does Godwin Plumbing Inc. provide

Godwin Plumbing Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Godwin Plumbing Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Godwin Plumbing Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Godwin Plumbing Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Godwin Plumbing Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Godwin Plumbing Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Godwin Plumbing Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Godwin Plumbing Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Godwin Plumbing Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Godwin Plumbing Inc.?

Yes, Godwin Plumbing Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Godwin Plumbing Inc. offer?

Godwin Plumbing Inc. offers the following services: Residential and commercial installation, repair and maintenance of water heaters, sump pumps, drain lines, tubs, shower, toilets, sinks, garbage disposals, dishwashers, kitchen and bath remodel, garage doors, key cutting, humidification, air conditioners, forced-air furnaces, drinking water systems & iron filters.

Are there any services Godwin Plumbing Inc. does not offer?

electrical