Forest Green Tree Service LLC

With Angi since April 2014

4.4

4637 Eastern Ave SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49508

Tree Removal, Trimming, Stump Grinding Emergency Service Available...

07/28/2020

Dave R.

They gave me a quote to trim three trees in my yard. The price was a bit high compared to what I'd paid in the past for tree trimming from other contractors, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to find someone to trim trees so I agreed. $850 to trim three trees and haul the brush out to the curb for the village to pick up. They showed up to trim when they said they would. The problems started when they only trimmed the two trees in the front yard. Attempting to get their machinery to my back yard resulted in my fence gate being torn from its hinges and one of my bushes being torn from the ground and destroyed. They never actually got into the backyard to trim the third tree, I was told that the rain had made the ground too soft and they were having problems with their machinery. No problem, I understand. So I pay they $600 of the promised $850 with the understanding that they would be back next week to finish trimming the third tree after the ground was sufficiently dry. Two weeks later, they hadn't been back and hadn't bothered to call to provide an update. So I call their office, they apologize and we schedule a date for them to return and trim the final tree for $250. The scheduled date for trimming arrives and they no call, no show. I call back the following week and leave a voicemail which is not returned. When I call back later that same week they apologize again but said that they were overbooked for Friday. It happens but it doesn't explain why they didn't call me to let me know. They also said that they were now going to be busy through the fall but they "might" be able to fit me in. Oh joy. I felt this was poor service. I don't appreciate the two no call no shows, it feels like disrespect to me as their customer. Now I'm stuck with a single tree that badly needs trimming but good luck finding someone who is going to come out to trim a single tree. I assume that's why Forest Green Tree Service is in no hurry to get back out here and finish the job, it's not worth their time. To conclude I consider Forest Green Tree Service to have poor customer service, poor organizational skills, and poor follow-up on their commitments. I would not hire them again and would recommend that anyone reading this look elsewhere for tree service.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

06/06/2018

Robert S.

Very quick and efficient. Did more than they quoted for. Couldn't find anyone remotely close to their price. Excellent job!

Description of Work
Trim branches high up on several trees.

07/22/2016

David L K.

Description of Work
Did a great job, price was super and they were able to fit us in at the last minute.

11/12/2015

Crystal T.

04/04/2014

Jean D.

They did a good job and cleaned up well but I felt they were a little bit pricey

Description of Work
They cut up a limb and that had fallen during an ice storm in my back yard and haulded it away.

Big Bear Tree Care

Big Bear Tree Care is a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your property with respect and care. We offer tree trimming and removal services that are customizable to the needs of the home or business owner. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients and guarantee your satisfaction! Please call today.

Archer Tree Service

Safety is the target at Archer Tree Service. Surrounding that target is a desire to help, deeply rooted from a "Down to Earth" work platform that is subject to change only in the direction of the customer. We primarily deal with Tree Trimming and Removals and offer FREE ESTIMATES!

Heartwood Tree Care

Tree care professionals dedicated to the care and maintenance of West Michigan's landscapes and trees. Our priorities are formed by the building blocks of the community: people and sustainability. We focus on promoting healthy trees and landscapes by taking care of the people we work for, the people who work for us, and the environment we work within. Continuing education for us and to the community and exceeding industry best practices allow us to take a thoughtful approach while providing extremely effective results. We are always happy to answer your questions and to provide a free estimate to determine how we can help!

Offers by Heartwood Tree Care on Angi