Emergency Lock & Safe

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

All your lock needs...

06/07/2017

Noah J.

They called to confirm that they were coming on the correct date, showed up on time, and performed the work quickly. The person who came explained everything he did, even showing me the insides of the lock. They re-keyed 4 doors, several with multiple locks. The total ended up being about $150 and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Needed a new house re-keyed.

08/25/2015

Carl S.

Locksmith showed up within hours of placing order and completed work quickly including replacing 4 deadbolt cylinders which couldn't be re-keyed. Cost was a bit higher than I expected but still within reason.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 9 Schlage locks

05/04/2015

Marc F.

Bought a new home and called the night before I got the keys to book the appointment. They came the very next day right on time. Mike was the technician and was very friendly and professional. Worked quickly and efficiently and I would definitely use him again. Make sure you ask for Mike. I called back the morning of the appointment and was met on the phone by a lady who was not helpful at all and did not know what I was talking about, her phone manner was not good at all. Again, make sure you ask for Mike and you will be fine!

Description of Work
Re-keyed 3 locks (inc 2 deadbolts) and replaced a lock that was missing a key. Provided me with 5 new keys.

04/09/2015

Mark S D.

It was fantastic. By the time I got to the house, he was sitting in his truck. It was great. They are close to the house. He was professional, efficient and great to work with.

Description of Work
I had them come out last month to change the locks.

10/14/2014

Brighid B.

I recently purchased a new home and contacted Emergency Lock about changing the locks. Someone came out to my house the same day I called. He was professional, prompt, and courteous. He changed four locks overall, including one that had previously been nonoperational, and provided me with several sets of keys. The rates were reasonable and I have no complaints about either the quality the work or the professionalism of the service provided. I would definitely call them again in the future.

Description of Work
Re-keyed several locks and provided several copies of keys.

08/12/2014

Brian J.

Came out the same day. Friendly, fast and very reasonable. Re-keyed 5 locks and provided 4 keys.

Description of Work
Re-keyed Locks

07/30/2014

Dorothy H.

I was skeptical at first, as I scheduled the appointment for yesterday (Monday). I hadn't heard anything from the company, so I contacted them in the early afternoon. I was told they had order the keys; however, the shipment hadn't been delivered yet. We rescheduled for today. Jessica was our service representative, and we couldn't have been more pleased. She went above and beyond with our vehicle. She took the time to make sure it was done correctly. She could have just made the key, but the she didn't leave until she figured out whey the alarm on our vehicle kept going off. I appreciated the professionalism!

Description of Work
Service charge and labor to make key for 99 Expedition (we lost keys and key fab)

07/07/2014

Eric B.

Very professional and did high quality work. Nothing else to say, thank you!

Description of Work
Rekey locks, add deadbolts, add new doornob

07/03/2014

Toni A.

I could not get past the lady on the phone. I did not call her back.

Description of Work
Emergency Lock & Safe Company gave me an estimate on the phone.

06/27/2014

Diane E.

On time. Very professional yet pleasant manner. Have used this company several times and have received outstanding service every time.

Description of Work
Changed locks for outside entrances to my home.

06/01/2014

darva B.

Very friendly and informative when I called. Appt was made for a couple days out. Service was on time. Professional , friendly and fast service. Very satisfied

Description of Work
ChAnged my locks

11/22/2013

Leslie D.

He was very confident and put his finger on the problem right away. He was also very personable. I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
The repairman fixed the Baldwin lock on our front door which was not working properly.

08/19/2013

Brent A.

All went well. Called and they were able to come out the next day. Called ahead and arrived on time. Jessica, technician, was courteous and helpful. She explained some of the details of our locking mechanisms and gave us extra keys at no charge. Very reasonable price for something that would take a long time for me to do on my own.

Description of Work
Came to our new house and re-keyed 5 doors.

05/01/2013

Mary B.

When I called the office, the man who answered the phone was pleasant and courteous. I am not a lock expert but he guided me through gathering the details he needed in order to set up a service call. The technician arrived on time and had a complete and accurate list of the work I had asked for. He was courteous, organized, and wasted no time. He also helped me understand what I could do to secure a sliding glass door without spending extra money. The best surprise was the price. I have owned homes for thirty years and found that the price I was charged for re-keying four locks and installing a new deadbolt was more than reasonable. I am glad I took the chance to use Emergency Lock and Safe, as they are exactly the kind of service provider I like to have in my contact list.

Description of Work
I had recently lost my keys and, due to some circumstances in the neighborhood, chose to have all my exterior door locks re-keyed. In addition, I had a new deadbolt installed and keyed. Although this company had received a pretty scathing review from another Angie’s List member, I chose to use them for two reasons: 1) their previous good reviews, and 2) the individual who gave them a bad review did not actually have work done, and appeared to base their review on the experience of a single phone call. Emergency Lock & Safe is close to my home, is obviously a well-established company, and provides a wide variety of services – these are all critical characteristics for a company I am going to trust to rekey my locks. So, I decided that I would give them my business.

01/07/2013

David V.

I wasn't sure there was any solution as I had lost the keys and the cabinet was locked, but they knew how to find out the key and made a new one in minutes. A file cabinet I thought was going in the trash is usable again.

Description of Work
We had a file cabinet that was locked with no keys. They were able to make a new key on the spot.

08/23/2012

John O.

Called just this morning. I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. Not everybody knows the exact terminologies around locks. You, as the professional, should be more patient with potential customers who are less knowledgeable. If I'm your doctor, I won't make you look stupid just because you, as a patient, don't know your diagnosis and/or related medical terms. So what if I want the locks changed? What's with the attitude? If you don't want my business, then don't answer the phone! I don't care if you won a super service award in 2011 but if you talk to me with a condescending tone and unprofessional attitude, I'll just look for someone else. PS. I don't want your apology. I'd rather not hear from you anymore. PD/JO, MD

Description of Work
Inquiry to rekey/replace locks

08/05/2012

Shelley M.

I called for service and they sent someone within a couple of hours! The previous homeowner had damaged the mechanism in the front door and he repaired that as well. All of our doors now work with the same key. I was completely satisfied and would highly recommend Emergency Lock and Safe.

Description of Work
We recently moved into our home and Emergency Lock re-keyed the locks to four entry doors.

07/30/2012

Peggy L.

They were recommended by Angie's List. They had high ratings.

Description of Work
I have used Emergency Lock & Safe Company. They changed a bunch of locks.

07/23/2012

Kendall N.

Easy to deal with on the phone, was able to schedule an appointment within 72 hours, they were willing to come out immediately but since it was the weekend I didn't want to pay the extra rate. Arrived on time, very professional, quality work.

Description of Work
Had 7 exterior doors re-keyed / keyed alike.

04/05/2012

CRAIG V.

They came on site to my shop and helped me resolve a key issue; they went above and beyond. I have used them to help me get into my trucks when I have been locked out. Every experience has been good and I give them all A's. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Emergency Lock & Safe to make some keys.

12/28/2011

David H.

I have used them just once. The person who came out was totally unprofessional. I think the company was probably all right, but it was one particular employee. He showed up on time and did the job; but there was a problem. A female employee with a chip on her shoulder got in a big argument with all the tenants and started mouthing off to me and so on. I was surprised because they had such good rapport with these guys.

Description of Work
I used Emergency Lock & Safe Company for locksmith work.

11/23/2011

Janice D.

They were fine and had fast service. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Emergency Lock & Safe Company for locksmith needs.

09/28/2011

Patti O.

The locksmith arrived on time and was very professional and experienced.

Description of Work
I needed all of my locks re-keyed and new keys made due do someone stealing my daughter's house key. They were very professional and courteous, especially when making the appointment over the phone. They even offered to come on a Saturday and change the locks so that I would feel safe.

07/20/2011

Juliana S.

The locksmith was EXACTLY on time. He re-keyed the front and back door locks and both deadbolts --all to one new lock, as well as 4 copies of the new key. This saved me the cost of buying a new lock set and the final price was lower than the over-the-phone estimate. It was all over in less than a half hour.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all exterior doors for my new home. When I gained possession of the house , the front and back exterior doors had different locks and the back door didn't even have a key that worked.

06/27/2011

Kathryn F.

Needed a new outside door knob lock. Took old one in they replaced it and rekeyed it promptly and affordably.

Description of Work
Got a new door lock