Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids

Founded 1953 • With Angi since June 2006

4717 Broadmoor Ave SE Suite J

Grand Rapids, MI 49512

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Grand Rapids! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC ...

07/04/2022

Ashley G.

This is a review on behalf of my mom. She had storm damage from straight line winds back in 2021, she called champion and they sent someone out to give an estimate. He (Blake) seemed friendly and professional. It took awhile to assemble a crew but they finally got working in the beginning of December of 2021. Fast forward to July of 2022, her house is STILL NOT FINISHED! The leader of the crew was from northern Michigan, really nice guy until he literally stopped answering calls after Christmas to finish the job. He told my mom he had no way to get back to Battle Creek and couldn’t help her. Unfortunately, my mom paid them in total for the job. She called Blake numerous times. He would give her every excuse in the book on when they would come back out to finish the siding and put her gutters back up. Dates that were promised would pass and he just stopped answering all of her phone calls. In May 2022, my mom calls champion and decides to speak to someone in sales because OF COURSE they are still selling, even though “they have no crews.” She speaks to the dispatcher who then relayed her message to a man who has a NC phone number. My mom has spoken to him twice about the issue and he has told her twice that he does not have a crew, no one wants to work, and that he doesn’t think anyone will be at her house until after Christmas this year! I do not know what kind of company champion is claiming to be but it is not an honest one! They have all of my mom‘s money and I feel that they have no intention of completing the job. We are now having to go out to different companies to see if we can get an estimate for someone to put her gutters back up, as a significant amount of rain could ruin her foundation. If you were considering going with champion windows, I beg you to reconsider. The excuse that no one wants to work is not a good excuse. I know times are hard but we paid you for a job that has not been completed, you are still selling your service so finish your jobs!!!!

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding

Category siding

12/25/2021

randy S.

They prey on senior citizens. My deposit money of $11,000 was stolen. Job supposed to happen in September. Company unresponsive. It’s almost 2022. Nothing. Asked for a refund and was responded to immediately - $300! Con artists!

Description of Work
3 season porch

Category contractors, remodeling, replacement windows, sunrooms

04/22/2018

Virginia T.

Again the sales rep was a super nice guy. Just outrageous prices and had to sit through the whole demo. This was for a small cottage. $7,000 for one std kitchen door.

Description of Work
8 windows std size 2 patio sliders and 1 kitchen door. $36,000. Really nice and professional kid. 2.5 hour appointment but pricing was outrageous. And of course price dropped two tones in the same appt if we ordered that day.

03/18/2017

Rickey G.

To long of an appointment, and greatly over priced.

Description of Work
Got an estimated for 6 windows, under 101 inches. This is my 3rd estimate. They make their own windows, which means they should be at a competitive price? My prior two estimates were for lifetime warrantied windows. $ 2160, $2217. .29 or .30. His windows the cheaper model with unknown ratings were $3600+, with a 10 year warranty. I must have had my sucker light flashing?

02/28/2017

Julie W.

Very well for the most part. The windows look nice, the installers were very professional, out only complaint was the miscommunication between our sales person. We had decided to change our order before it was ever placed, but unfortunately the salesman did not make those changes. Luckily when the installer came to make the official measurements he caught the errors through our conversation and had another representative from the company call us promptly the next day to make sure everything was exact prior to the official order being placed. If our installer hadn't of caught this we would have been stuck with the windows.

Description of Work
8 Replacement windows in our home including a large bay window

02/22/2017

Laurel T.

Job was performed on time, no problems. Were careful of bushes & plants below when removing old roof. One yard light was broken accidentally, and they went out and bought one to replace it. In the past we also had a 3-season porch added to our home on our deck by Champion. We had 2 skylights put in the 3-season, so our house wouldn't be so dark and when one sprung a leak after many (10) yrs. they came out removed the calking and re-calked it. Also when birds have flown into the screens making slight puncture marks, they re-screened them. No added cost to us.

Description of Work
New roof, with removal of 2 previous layers of shingles. Also covered our existing Champion 3-season porch roof with some new barrier cover.

Category decks, roofing, replacement windows, sunrooms

01/17/2017

Judith E.

Great! The company was easy to work with from sales rep to installers. We intend to get new [3] doors in the spring.

Description of Work
Whole house [17] window replacement

09/06/2016

Chris D.

Their service was great. It was very good they came out they did very professional job and explained what they going to do and what their product could do they were very good about explaining how their warranties work and how the workmanship would handled and the people that came out to do the installation were very professional did not send any excessive time they came in started the project completed the project and just the experience was overall very very good.

Description of Work
I used Champion of Grand Rapids for windows. They installed I believe ten windows and a sliding glass door.

09/03/2016

Bonnie K.

This is the second time we've used them.

Description of Work
They did all of our windows and all of our doors.

09/03/2015

Mary M.

I was actually really impressed with the initial meeting and the salesman was nice and informative. He was helpful in the knowledge about the windows. He knew I was quoting from other companies as well so he asked me when my next quote was. I let him know it was the following Monday so he asked to set up a time to talk on that Tuesday. At that time I had a clear calendar so I agreed and he left. I had some last minute items that came up for that Tuesday so I messaged the company via Angie's List and explained that I was unable to meet with the gentleman that evening and I greatly apologize. I was also completely full for the rest of the week as I had to travel for work the entire following week. The gentleman called my phone and I was unable to answer as I was in a meeting. I left a message with him also apologizing I couldn't meet and in both communications I asked if he could just email me the quote as I was trying to coordinate with my busy schedule as I wanted and needed to make a decision by the end of the week, prior to me leaving for work. The only response I received was it was company policy that they cannot email quotes. I find this incredibly non-customer friendly and a sales tactic. The other company sent it over to me right away (both estimates) so I could at least look at the cost. The other company that I ended up using was willing to at least give me a gauge of what they would cost prior and worked around my schedule. He was able to come to my work to meet with me. I felt like the product spoke more than needing to give me a sales pitch. I did feel like I would have liked Champion Windows but I just felt that they wanted to try and make the sale and felt it was weird that they would not email me the quote. I do not know about the product, I am just basing this review on the initial process.

Description of Work
A sales representative came out and measured my windows to give me a quote. I am in need of installing 12 brand new windows. He did come out and measure my windows and was very nice and informative.

05/26/2015

Rosemary G.

Phil did an excellent job providing his company's estimate and product features.

Description of Work
Estimated the cost of removing and installing a new backyard deck plus siding for front of home. Phil was prompt, courteous, and attentive to my need for a deck ramp. Phil thoroughly explained his design and company products. His estimates for both deck & siding were reasonable; however, I decided to contract with a builder that has extensive experience with accessible projects.

Category decks, siding

01/09/2015

Mark G.

We're having problems with them right now. We're still missing a window which they were supposed to put in. They're a good company. I've used them in the past. They've got really great windows. But, we've had just a bunch of hiccups and problems with this installation. There were measurement issues which delayed the installation. So they had to basically start over and "piece together" our sun room with some product that they had already available. It got cold and so some of the caulking didn't adhere correctly. So, I'm going to make them come back in the spring, when it's warmer to redo that. Their service manager, from my wife's and my perspective has lied to us a couple of times saying that somebody would be here onsite to do some work and they never showed up. No call, no show, no nothing. Or saying that they called us and said they were coming and they were here and we weren't here. We never got a phone call. From a customer service perspective, we've got some concerns. We're doing a survey for Champion at their request. Their survey company as well as the local office is going to receive that survey plus an additional letter from us about my concerns. So, would I recommend them? Right now, it's hard to say. I like the product. I liked what they did with some more windows installed in the house. They did a bay window and it was perfect. It's really a great window. But, the sun room division, I don't know yet, whether I can recommend them.

Description of Work
They're putting on a sun room.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

08/26/2014

Beth P.

I have used Champion in another state. Always, I have found them to be an excellent company with excellent produce and service – they are expensive.

Description of Work
Replaced 5 windows in a 100 year old house; replaced another 9 windows in the Spring

06/11/2014

Charlotte K.

Sales person was good but price was to high

Description of Work
gave estimate for new windows

03/30/2014

Craig W.

No high pressure sales, good windows, great installers.

02/20/2014

Michael N.

Heavy snow cover hampered the installation, however the 2-man crew was very efficient and the windows have performed very well. Two windows had scratches on them, noticed after installation. We are waiting replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced 22 year-old windows (5 double windows and 5 single windows) in our condo.

01/28/2014

Diane H.

Work began as contracted, but after 3 days, team was pulled for another job. We were told this would never happen. Supposed to be gone 1 day, ended up being gone 3 days, with promise each day that they would be there. Job could have been completed by 12/7/2013 if team had not been pulled, then weather hampered efforts, and not completed until 12/18. During work, cupola and weathervane on garage were broken and interior trim around 1 skylight was not properly removed and fell 18 ft. into house. Opening for skylights were not measured, so new ones did not fit so that trim is needed to cover gaps. Remaining work was to be done 1/3, with call on 12/23. Neither happened, had to call them to get new date set. As of 1/28, still have trim around 2 skylights to be installed. Met with service mgr. and division mgr., did get small price reduction, after much conversation.

Description of Work
complete roof; gutter with leaf guard; 3 skylights

11/07/2013

John S.

We signed contract We gave $2200 deposit They delivery estimated delivery to be 3-4 weeks We called 11/07 to get install date We were told that the contract had been cancelled due to unspecified code reasons They had never attempted to notify us of the cancellation They have agreed to return our deposit We have successfully found another contractor

Description of Work
Prepared design and contract for a sun room addition

Category sunrooms

10/21/2013

Sara P.

The estimated cost for removing existing siding and installing new vinyl siding for our 1200 sq foot house and one and a half stall garage was quoted at $9,986. The estimated cost of 8 replacement windows installed was $3937. The representative was very informative about the work we wanted done. Pricing was very very competitive and the quality of the materials seemed to be very good. I would have felt pretty comfortable having this company do the work they gave us a quote for. We decided to go with a smaller company thinking they would be better as far as customer service, but I think Champion might have been just as good and a little less money than what we paid.

Description of Work
A representative from Champion came out and gave us an estimate for new vinyl siding and replacement windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

10/01/2013

Daniel C.

The re-roofing we wanted was too small a job ( $1,000 to $2,000) so they declined to do it. So we asked for a quote on widow replacement and with our Angies List coupon the price was much higher than other quotes. Purchasing the Angies List coupon was a waste of money. We would have received the same discount without the Angies List coupon.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category remodeling, replacement windows

We appreciate the opportunity to meet with [removed member name] and discuss his projects for his home. We did not reject the roof install for [removed member name] because it was too small, but because he was in need of a repair to his roof. He did not want to replace his complete roof. We cannot warranty a partial roof. We do complete roof replacement and do not provide repair service to products that we have not installed. We provide a lifetime warranty for all the products we install and will gladly do repairs on our products as needed. Our life warranty is one of the best values for your home.

09/09/2013

Teresa D.

Went great - they were able to rebuild the roof and such so it matched the rest of the cedar home.

Description of Work
Bow window replacement.

Category roofing, replacement windows

03/30/2013

Sharon M.

Very friendly and informative sales men They gave as on picture of what our house would look it when done. The workers were here on time and did a very good, Professional job we love the new windows and job well done.

Description of Work
New windows and door in the three season room.

02/23/2013

Laurena J.

In March 2012, installation. In summer of 2012, problems with the storm door, leaking. We called to express our dissatisfaction with the door. A representative came out & basically told us that all of the storm doors were like this, and it was not problem. Early fall, we had major damage in one room, the wall beneath the window was dripping with water. It was after a heavy rain. We called & reported the problem, Champion came out and said it wasn't their window leaking. They could NOT figure out how the water was getting in, so they replaced the window. It still leaked & ALL 7 other double hung windows were also leaking, the framework sill areas of all 8 double hung windows leaked. It took several times of them coming out, accusing us of having too much humidity in our house. After missing three days of work to be there for the Champion people, WE showed them exactly where the water was coming in. It was due to a design flaw in their windows. They finally sent a person from headquarters, and he listened to what we said, and proposed a way to rig - install the windows in a different way, moving the flashing up to compensate for the design flaw. This alteration was done, and we believe the leaks are stopped now. BUT, these are "rigged" windows. Not installed properly. THEN, one day after a heavy rain & freeze, then snow, then warm up, water started oozing up through the seam of the Champion picture window. Champion again blamed us, that we have too much humidity in our house. A few days later, we had ice in the bottom corners of this picture window. These problems, ALL of them are due to faulty design of their doors & windows. And, they will not take responsibility. I have asked for a refund, so we can purchase a better product, but they refuse.

Description of Work
9 windows (8 double hung & 1 picture window) were purchased and installed. An entry door, and a storm door were purchased and installed.

12/28/2012

Daniel F.

We had them in for a quote and the first question was are you getting other quotes which we were and then after 3 hours he proposed a take it or leave it offer. Basically after we said we are not signing a contract the offer was good through the weekend. Pure pressure sales quote. Windows looked ok but this sales technique is not honorable.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote for Vinyl window replacements.

12/09/2012

Royce S.

The room is almost all glass on three sides. it was build on our existing deck. The sunroom was built in stages, building the frame and then measuring for the final transsom glass. this was a very busy season for the Grand Rapids office, so it took a little longer than we thought it would, but it was worth the wait. Quality is outstanding. We are very happy with the results

Description of Work
Champion installed a 16' x 16' four season sunroom. .

Category contractors, glass repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, sunrooms

JCH Electric, LLC

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. For an immediate response to your electrical needs call Joe (Owner) @ 231-250-2099

Offers by JCH Electric, LLC on Angi
    HighPower Electric

Specializing in electrical services! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Sol Electric, LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Electrical services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Ask for details.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids

How is Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids overall rated?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids open?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids is open:

What payment options does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids provide

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offer free estimates?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offers free project estimates.

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offers warranties.

What services does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offer?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids offers the following services: Built to order, energy efficient replacement windows, sunrooms, patio rooms, vinyl siding, entry doors and roofing.

Are there any services Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Grand Rapids does not offer?

Ask for details.