Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc.

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2006

2215 Bristol NW

Grand Rapids, MI 49544

Affordable Drain Cleaning not only offers affordable prices, we offer fast and dependable service! We also offer $20 off any service for Angie's List members! Call us today and let us show you why Affordable Drain Cleaning is the best choice for all your plumbing needs. Additional phones - (616)

04/07/2017

Mary M.

I feel swindled. I purchased a 10% off package for $315. First they lost my order- I had to call to get it out of spam. The plumber was a few minutes late- ok. The work took exactly 22 minutes. I was astonished- I assumed for that price it was an hour or more. And then I was astonished again when no mention of a partial refund was made. I have yet to call the company and ask, but it's a strike against them that it wasn't promptly offered . Bottom line- my fault for not shopping around and believing the "special offer" was a good deal. Nice little job for them and they grossed $15/minute.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor hose faucet.

12/20/2016

Jane Y.

This company is very responsive -- I called on a Sat night and they came out the next day. I've used them before and will use them again.

Description of Work
Unclogged sink -- gave suggestion for way to fix this recurring problem, which is due to the way the plumbing was originally laid out.

12/01/2016

Alexander B.

Andrew came right on time, cleaned the drain, changed a couple of nuts and washers (gratis), answered a bunch of questions unrelated to the problem (but still related to plumbing), and gave helpful advice.

Description of Work
A stubborn clogged kitchen drain needed professional attention.

11/30/2016

Joseph B.

Very well done! Impressive- Repairman was real good!!

Description of Work
Repair leaking toilet, install new cut off valves in water lines and replace bathroom faucet

11/17/2016

Marlene N L.

Very well. I was happy. They were very prompt and everything was taken care of. He was excellent and did a good job.

Description of Work
The drain in the kitchen sink was backed up. Cleaned drain.

Category drain cleaning

10/23/2016

Mark S.

I called in the morning and they sent a guy out for the quote within a few hours. I was very impressed with that. The plumber looked at the heater I bought and essentially told me there's no way it was going to work...admitted the job was pretty easy...then without any measurements...truly an "eyeball" said it would be $500.00 to do the work. I questioned how it could be $500 and he said "that's what it will cost". He wrote down the estimate of "$500-$600" and left. I went to Home Depot and bought $80.00 worth of flexible hose and pvc connections and did it myself. Including two trips to Home Depot (to return some unnecessary items) the entire job took me 1.5 hours. Mad props to Alfonso in the plumbing department at Home Depot on Alpine...he was a real pro. The heater, which he claimed would never work (despite it being from Raypak - a manufacturer of pool and spa heaters), kicked on and despite the specs saying it would take 24 hours to get to temperature, only took about 5 hours. I was very turned off by the "eyeball" approach....and if it took me only an hour and half, it would have taken him 20 minutes. The quote was offensive and a result I've seen a number of times when contractors pull up to our pretty nice property...they think because it is nice that we will pay anything. The real lesson is I was also going to ask him to quote a major drainage job on the west side of my house which is causing some significant water in my basement. His/their loss.

Description of Work
I needed to hook up a hot-tub heater which required cutting two PVC pipes going to an old boiler and re-routing them to the input and outputs of the new heater. Relatively simple job that I figured a plumber could bang out in a few minutes...definitely less than an hour. I figured an hour of labor and some parts would end up costing me around $100.00 and I'm no ace in the handyman department. I'd rather have a pro do it right if it isn't going to be too expensive.

Category drain cleaning

08/17/2016

Wm J B.

Prompt service on a Saturday. found out we had roots in our drain that was causing the backup. He worked for hours and got our drain unclogged. We liked the service enough to call him back to install a new hot water heater.

Description of Work
Basement drain was backing up. Hot water heater installed.

08/06/2016

Renee L.

We wrote a review in 2010 and we’ve used them since and we weren’t as happy as the last time. They also messed up our billing and weren’t sure what to charge us.

Description of Work
We were trying to unclog out sink and toilet. They weren’t all the way clogged but they weren’t functioning at the best. They did work on it but neither of them were ultimately fixed so we had to get someone out to do it later.

02/23/2016

Kaylie O.

The first toilet arrived from the store damaged. The guys left and when the new toilet arrived a week later, they came right away and installed it. They were very professional and friendly and I will definitely be hiring them for future projects.

Description of Work
They installed a toilet for me.

11/30/2015

Joel T.

I called to schedule a quote and received a very quick response that someone could come out that day. However after providing my address to 2 different people via e-mail and a phone call no one showed up at my house as scheduled.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for the addition of a bathroom in our basement.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing, home remodeling

11/12/2015

John V.

I really don't understand the problems I have experienced with the providers I have found on Angie's List. I thought I would have a better experience overall. This company did not even show up for the appointment and when I called I could only leave a message on an answering machine. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone. It appears that I am not the only person who has had problems with this company. I do not understand why Angie's List allows companies like this to be in their system. They are helping these non-reputable companies prey on unsuspecting customers. Shame on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Provided did nothing. He did not show.

11/09/2015

Jonathan H.

Technician never showed up at the scheduled appointment time causing me to miss several hours of work. In addition when I tried to reschedule the appointment affordable plumbing never returned my phone call. There was another company which showed up around the scheduled time however it appears affordable plumbing lied to this company and mentioned I had an insurance claim and whenever the company showed up at my door (who is also located 2 hours away from my house) the company clearly did not look interested in doing any of the work. So I ended up stuck with several hours of wasted time, over a week of waiting, and nothing resolved. I would stay away from this business until they improve their customer service.

Description of Work
I scheduled an appointment with a technician to receive an estimate for a plumbing repair. Technician was to provide an estimate for the repair of the plumbing and then fix for potential water damage.

09/15/2015

Melissa T.

The plumber that Affordable Plumbing sent out on the call was not one of their plumbers - he actually worked for a different company. He was excellent, honest, and professional and I was extremely impressed. I would happily contract with this plumber again - but through his other company as I thought Affordable Plumbing's prices were high. It turned out that my drain problem was a really simple fix that took less than 15 minutes, but the rate for any call outside of working hours with this company is $300.

Description of Work
Fixed my kitchen drain on a Sunday afternoon.

09/10/2015

Gwendolyn R.

My garbage disposal stopped working and the pipes under the sink started gushing water. I immediately searched Angie's List for plumbers and read all reviews. I found a Big Deal coupon for $250.00 for 2 hours of labor for Affordable Plumbing. Their reviews were good so I called for an appointment and was very, very disappointed that they didn't have one right away. However, as it turned out, it was worth the wait because the plumber, Tom, was punctual, efficient and very professional. For example, he took away the old disposal, which was a huge relief! He apologized for being late, even though he arrived at 8:40 am and the appointment time was "between" 8-10. Tom was pleasant and gave me a $20.00 credit of the $250.00 I paid because it didn't take 2 hours to complete the work. I will definitely use them again if if I have other plumbing issues and when I buy the new dishwasher.

Description of Work
Installed garbage disposal that I purchased, replaced pipes under kitchen sink and lowered shower arm.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

08/18/2015

Skip P.

Tom was the service technician and he did a fantastic job. Great job at trouble shooting the clogged pipes and repairing them. I'm very happy with the service and would definitely use them again. Way more responsive and productive than Godwin Plumbing!

Description of Work
Cleaned out two sink lines and replaced corroded pipes

08/04/2015

Sheila D.

We had a drain blockage in the drain to our septic tanks -- with all its attendant nastiness! Called the first two providers on Angie's list, who couldn't make it out until the next day. Called Affordable Plumbing -- and they promised us to have someone out by 11 am same day. He called at 9:45 and arrived shortly after 10. He snaked out the line, and we were set! Friendly, professional provider -- thank you so much!

Description of Work
Snaked drain to septic tanks to remove a blockage

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Affordable Plumbing strives to take care of our customers same day. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience. Please feel free to call us for any future needs.

07/27/2015

Clayton G.

After a rough start, Kirk went above and beyond to make sure my needs were met. I appreciate his professionalism and commitment to making sure the job got done right, and I've revised my grade upward accordingly.

Description of Work
Dishwasher hookup and sink repair.

06/29/2015

Robert S.

Tom was prompt, courteous, professional in his work. Needed replacement parts which he obtained from supply house just before their closing, and completed the job.

Description of Work
Pulled toilet, fixed leak, replaced toilet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave this review. We take pride in being on time for service calls, and are pleased to hear of Tom's promptness. Affordable Plumbing works hard to complete jobs same day. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

06/20/2015

Paula B.

Office staff was nice, and gave me a 4 hour time frame in which to expect a service call. Jim walked in, stared at the ceiling, then stared at the toilet, stared at the waterlines in the basement, then determined he couldn't troubleshoot without opening up my floor or ceiling. Jim went to consult his "book" which was blank, and advised me it would be $1200-1400. When I asked if it would possibly be cheaper once he determine the problem, he stated, "No" Although Jim was friendly enough to answer my questiond, I felt he was high balling the estimate so he didn't have to do the work. We called for a second opinion. Good thing we did because it ended up only being the toilet seal and cost us way less than $1400 As far as I'm concerned, a company that allows their employees to highball for jobs they don't want to troubleshoot, isn't worth doing business with.

Description of Work
They did not provide service after a horrible estimate.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give this review. First off, Affordable Plumbing would like to apologize for your bad experience with giving you an accurate quote. Without being able to see the underlining issue it is very difficult to determine how much or little the work will cost. However, we are happy to hear that you were able to get your problem taken care of. We will take this as a learning experience to better our technicians and give our customers better service. Thank you for choosing Affordable Plumbing and we hope that you won't hesitate to contact us in the future for any plumbing needs you may have.

06/09/2015

Jason O.

The filtration system that we had was leaking. In my own research I determined that it was a fairly rare system with very little information about maintenance or repair available on the internet. Tom came out to look at the system and then did some research. He determined that the flush valve in the system was broken and there were no repair parts - only a full replacement for $650. He also offered a replacement of the system with a filter system that was more common/standard - installed for $450. He was able to do the job the next day, completed the work quickly and at a cost less than his quote, and left us with an easier to maintain system that provided the same quality of water from the well and better water pressure throughout the house. Overall it was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tom and Affordable Plumbing.

Description of Work
Replaced a whole-home water filtration system

Category plumbing, water softeners

Thank you for taking the time to write this incredible review for us. We put our customers first, and complete satisfaction is what we aim for. Affordable Plumbing is looking forward to helping you with any plumbing needs you may have in the future. Thank you again for choosing Affordable Plumbing.

06/08/2015

Jackie G.

Company set up 2:00 pm appointment. Employee was delayed on another call, but notified me he would be late and asked if later time was ok with me. He arrived, checked the area in yard where leak seemed to be. Went to basement and checked sump pump. Ran water through pump to locate exact area of leak. Discovered that it was caused by deteriorating cement curbing at road

Description of Work
I called affordable Plumbing and Maintenance to repair a underground leak in the discharge pipe from my sump pump. Company responded the same day. Employee arrived and thoroughly checked problem. He was unable to fix as problem is in the city curbing. He suggested that I contact city and told me he would be happy to return and do work if city says it is my responsibility

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Affordable Plumbing strives to be punctual. If we are delayed for any reason we like to give the proper amount of time to inform our customers. Affordable Plumbing would like to thank you for choosing us to work for you. We look forward to working with you in the future.

05/20/2015

Barbara G.

We located the provider through Angie's List. Set up an appointment for a bid. Plumber Paul Gravelyn came out and examined the job and the office called us with a price. Paul worked us in to accommodate our need to have the job done in time for the sprinkler system to be installed. He came out on the date and time agreed and completed the work neatly and professionally. He took care of the permit with the township and the cost was as bid. We would highly recommend Paul for any plumbing needs. We will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed a back flow preventer on our water line to enable an underground sprinkler system to be installed.

Category plumbing

We are more than happy to accommodate our customer wishes when it comes to scheduling work. Affordable Plumbing is happy to hear that we were able to take care of this bid for you. We look forward to hearing from you in the future for any plumbing needs.

05/19/2015

Emily S.

It went very well...quick appointment time, very professional technician (Nick), and job well done! No complaints whatsoever. Will definitely use this company in the future if needed!

Description of Work
Replaced the kitchen faucet and installed new water pipes underneath the sink.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Affordable Plumbing is very pleased to hear that you had a good experience using us. Please don't hesitate to contact for your future pluming needs!

04/19/2015

Omer H.

He did not have to change faucet. The repair man fixed the leaky faucet by tightening the core. It works great now. He did not charge me for coming out and fixing the faucet. Yup, total cost was 0 dollars. I suppose they felt bad because repair was so simple (at least he made it look that way). I would definitely call these guys again as they did not attempt to sell me entire plumbing for the house. Very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Arrived on time to inspect leaky faucet in laundry room.

Category plumbing

Affordable Plumbing is pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience! We look forward to hearing from you in the future. Thank you for your business.

04/09/2015

Mark S D.

I've used them two times at least. That was fantastic. I used them one time before, lets say in September to change out a water heater. He is in my cellphone as Nick-my plumber. I met him over at the rental, when I purchased the Deal, he let me take a picture of it on my cellphone and send it to him so that I didn't have to run back down there. It was a fantastic experience all the way round. He is very good.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal. It was for repairing of ice damage; cleared a couple of faucets.

Category plumbing

We are glad to hear that you chose us again for helping with your needs. I will pass the compliment onto our technician and let him know you were please with his work. Thank you again for choosing Affordable Plumbing and we will wait to hear from you in the future.

Simon Inc

We are a family-owned company with over 10 years of industry experience. We value honesty and integrity and treat your property as if it were our own. We offer a variety of home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in Power/Pressure Washing, House and Roof Washing, Patio/Deck and Concrete Cleaning, Gutter and Window Cleaning, Construction Cleaning and a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients. Contact us for a free quote today!

2022 Super Service Award

Midgard Handy Services

Midgard Handy Services has 10 years construction experience. We take pride in seeing our clients smile. We do anything from Regular household repairs to building your dream projects. There is nothing more important than making sure our clients are 110% satisfied. if you have any interior, exterior projects that need to get done we are the guys to call.

Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers by Tri County Water on Angi

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc.

How is Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. overall rated?

Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. open?

Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. is open:

Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM

What payment options does Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. provide

Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Does Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc.?

Yes, Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offer?

Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. offers the following services: General Plumbing, Water Damage, Leak Detection, Complete Drain Cleaning, Slab Leaks, Water Heaters, Faucets and Sinks, Sewer Lines, Water Jetting, Backhoe Service, Underground Sewer, Water Services and so much more!!!

Are there any services Affordable Plumbing and Property Maintenance Inc. does not offer?