Slam Hammer Construction

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2016

At Slam Hammer Construction, we take pride in proving excellent service at a reasonable price. We are family owned and operated. With over 16 years of experience, we can complete any job you have from the cement footings to the roof and everything in between.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

home remodeling (11)woodworking (6)plumbers (5)drywall (5)plastering (4)interior painting (3)lighting (3)hardwood floors (3)electrician (3)general contractors (3)drain cleaning (2)door installation (2)

04/01/2022

Elena B.

This crew came in and did what needed to be done - as promised. I looked at 3 different companies for this job and chose this one. Although they did not have the lowest price, what I felt after talking to them was that they were experienced and that they were reliable. I was blown away by the results! This team came in and did the job BEYOND my expectations. The final project looks AWESOME!

Description of Work
Repaired walls and ceilings after popcorn ceiling removal

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

04/22/2021

John N.

They did a fantastic job, and never stopped working in the time they were here. Completely redid the interior of my garage, and everything came out great.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

08/24/2019

Beverly S.

I had a lot of anxiety in remodeling my bathroom due to past experiences with pros. The minute I met Tom the owner of Slam Hammer Construction I felt comfortable with him. I did get other estimates, but decided Tom was the one for me. Boy am I glad I did! The construction crew is professional, knowledgeable, and very friendly. Such polite young men! Work was started sooner than expected and finished on time. They worked very hard and made sure they cleaned up every day before they left. They all guided me to make the right decisions. Everything they said they were going to do got done. I have no issues at all. My finished bathroom is just beautiful! I know I can call them if I need help with anything else. I truly feel like I have a “construction family” now! Don’t hesitate to give Tom and his crew a chance. They are rated A one in my book!

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, egress windows, picture framing, hauling services, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

08/06/2019

Maureen H.

From first contact through a lot of unknown ups and downs Owner Tom Ledesma and his crew went above and beyond on 2 complete bathroom remodels and laundry room redesign. Can not recommend them and thank them enough. The quality of work their expertise and communications. Able to contact and kept up to date on all the phases of work Would definitely recommend. Will for sure be calling Slam Hammer for all upcoming projects !

Description of Work
2 bathroom remodels Laundry room remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, window treatments, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, drain cleaning, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

Review for Slam Hammer Construction - 27517 Sheridan Ave, Garden City, MI - 38028821

Thanks so much, we definitely enjoyed working with use, and we look forward to working with you and your family on many more projects in the future. Tom.

07/10/2019

Christina A.

Very professional, prompt and did the job start to finish in a timely manner. Everything was done exactly the way I asked and any challenges I may have had been immediately taken care of. I have now hired them to do some work on my house! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
New business construction

Category drywall, plumbing, home builders, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

12/04/2018

David T.

I have hired slam Hammer construction for over 20 different jobs totaling more than $75,000 in work. I have a high level of trust with this group. From apartment unit renovations, to commercial sign construction, to waterproofing foundations. They always perform with integrity and a high level of quality. If you ever have any issues they are more than happy to help correct the problem. This is the only group that I trust with my jobs and my properties. Super nice family guys and fun to work with.

Description of Work
30+ Jobs. Primarily commercial jobs and apartment complexes that I own

Category contractors, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, hardwood floor, landscaping, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, snow removal, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

05/22/2018

Joseph S.

My garage was in the process of caving in because the previous owner had cut into the structural ties. Slam Hammer came out and did the work to reinforce the roof when I was ready to schedule it. I am satisfied with the work they did, but on top of that they also fixed the garage door sensors and wiring, which was haphazardly done previously! Further, they gave my fiance and I a nice burger dinner at Applebee's for being first-time customers which was really nice.

Description of Work
Garage Roof

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

05/19/2018

Gretchen G.

Did a great job -- honest and straightforward quote process, flexible to changing conditions (weather, deck condition). Owner and staff friendly and courteous. Handled all the details, cleaned up well, pride in their work. Thanks!

Description of Work
Deck and Fence repairs

Category contractors, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

02/09/2018

Roxy S.

Great/ reliable/ hard working/ efficient

Description of Work
Tom and his team were AMAZING!!! First off I called him and he got back to me right away and was flexible. Hes easily available via phone/ and text which is GREAT (will at work especially!!) I had a few small projects that needed to be done to my home including caulking, molding, and putting a front entrance way floor with options of tile or wood. The team also painted, and fixed holes in the dry wall and painted. They are a very talented group and are efficient, quick, and hard working! highly recommend. Thank you Tom & Slam Hammer team

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking, home remodeling, sunrooms

Work Completed On 02/09/2018

12/28/2017

Lasandra H.

It was adequate.

Description of Work
He did my wood floor, ceiling, kitchen, kitchen cabinets, counter top and walls.

Category hardwood floor, plastering, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

11/12/2017

Michele B.

They were fantastic!!! Communicated when coming, were on time, very courteous, thorough job done, and cleaned up everything even better then when they arrived. Gutters are draining perfectly now. Definitely will be using them again for other jobs around the house.

Description of Work
Had house gutters and catch basins cleaned out.

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

09/01/2017

Julia G.

Tom and his crew did a fantastic job. They are professional and do A-1 work. They are pleasant to have in your home and easy to work with. Highly recommend. Thank you guys for all of your hard work and getting my home back in working order!

Description of Work
The contractor had to do over work another contractor messed up. The previous contractor did such a horrible job that we discovered black mold in our downstairs shower. The new contractor suggested calling our homeowners insurance. Tom was very cooperative and professional. He went above and beyond to get the job done.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

05/04/2017

Michael H.

The owner, Tom, was involved throughout the process. He spoke with me on the phone & met with me a few times to ensure that he knew exactly what I was looking for. Tom was able to suggest the best means for repairing that 1) would be affordable 2) effective and 3) aligned with my vision. The guys at Slam Hammer were able to finish in their estimated time, treated my wife with respect while I was away, and did a great job with cleanup. A few days later Tom even called to make sure that everything was to my satisfaction. My next major project will surely involve these guys.

Description of Work
Subflooring, concrete repair, shower liner, tiling, minor plumbing repairs, and exterior outlet.

Category electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/04/2017

04/04/2017

Lee O.

They did a really good job. The work was done in the time frame that they initially gave me and they were professional, friendly, and trustworthy. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They remodeled my master bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2016

03/31/2017

Francine J.

Both bathrooms look better than they did before. He does excellent work.

Description of Work
They fixed two bathrooms. One was upstairs and water had leaked from the toilet and rotted the floor and the ceiling of the bathroom right below it. It had caused black mold. So, they tore the floor up and stabilized the toilet to stop the leak. They fixed the sub floor and did new tiling. Then he fixed the bathroom below. He removed the mold and the ceiling, put down a substance to keep the mold away, and then replaced the ceiling and installed a molding. He also painted them and cleaned up when he was done.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

06/27/2012

Daniel L.

While the people of Slam Hammer are a friendly family company the renovation did not go smoothly. They lacked professionalism, had very poor punctuality, and their quality was sub-par. In the end the remodel took longer than expected and several items needed repair and further completion.

Description of Work
New Bathroom installation, with new plumbing, shower, sink, toilet, and tile.

Work Completed On 09/05/2009

Well as people can tell this comment is very old and from my opinion and many others very false, the home owners were never around to ask for there opinion on material or furnace the material that they were suppose to, and also they did not have the money to actually complete this project so it cause both party's alot of headaches, but we did our best to make them happy, well at least when we could talk to them instead of there parents. People must understand that you get what you pay for, and if you cant afford a project then they should not try and hire contractors. Specially when the job should of went for about $20,000, Here is a little what we did for approx. $7500 labor and material. We took a closet and turned it into a half bath, with all tile floors,walls, and installed all the plumbing. (sink, Vanity, and toilet and stand up shower stall.) Also down stair we had to alter the pantry and the ceiling to accommodate plumbing. Also city inspectors were very impressed with the workmanship and quality of our job that we completed for them, specially at a price that we did it for.. Not to mention we stand a 100% behind our jobs and workmanship. Thomas E. Ledesma

Contact

Phone

27517 Sheridan Ave

Garden City, MI 48135

We do it all, and if its something we can't do, we have well respected friends and family members that can.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, PayPal
    2​1​0​1​2​1​0​8​4​0
    Michigan
    Michigan: Contractors
    We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.