McDowell's Tile & Sons

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2009

Awards & Badges

6430 Cheshire Dr

Dimondale, MI 48821

Installing tile for more than 25 years, I learned to do tiling very young as my dad built custom homes growing up my brothers and i took to the flooring business. you name it, we can tile it! I love taking your ideas and making your project one of a kind....

4.4

Resposiveness

tile installation (131)flooring (30)home remodeling (25)handyman (16)interior painting (7)floor cleaning (4)drywall (4)door installation (3)woodworking (3)water damage restoration (3)wallpaper removal (3)glass repair (3)

03/20/2020

It went very well. They were careful to close off the rest of the house from the demolition work. Cleaned up at the end of every day. Stayed on site until the job was done and took extra pains on the finishing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete demolition of tiled bathroom walls while saving antique tile flooring. Prep walls for new tiles. Prep bathtub/ shower area with Kerdy/Schlutter system. Re-tiled all four bathroom walls in 1903 period home: subway field, decorative bands, and a fancy chair rail bullnose with extra detailing around the tub/shower area.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2020

thanks for taking the time to review our company we always ❤ a great review ! it really keeps us connecting with great people that care for there homes .keep us in mind when your dreaming up your next project, it was a pleasure working with you during this new working environment were all going to be challenged with . also letting us keep our tools on site it really helped us stay on budget. thank...

03/09/2020

My new ceramic tile is beautiful. The job was more involved than originally planned due to unforeseen water damage. McDowell and Son were reliable and professional and did an excellent job. They made sure the house stayed clean as they went along and gave me some great ideas. They truly went above and beyond and I just love how my bathroom looks. turned out. I'd definitely call them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceramic Tile and drywall and painting

CATEGORY ceramic tile,wallpaper removal,water damage restoration,woodworking,interior painters,floor cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/03/2020

thanks [Member Name Removed] ....I'm glad your enjoying the new look! youe sharp eye and hospitality made it go so well. we enjoyed working together with you...hopefully you'll keep us in mind down the road as you take on future projects! if you wanna dream up your next one ....give me a call or text...estimate are free and I'm always in the neighborhood...thanks again for taking the time and givi...

02/25/2020

Excellent! Quick and fast responses! Great work. Very easy to work with! Did an amazing job and was very very easy to work and communicate with!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired tile for new dishwasher

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2020

ty! we love to work in small jobs in ! this one was right around the corner..to our last bid.so thanks for the great review...glad you liked the results...

01/15/2020

Never know who I can trust. McDowell's Tile was exceptional!.Very professional, on time, skillful, friendly, trustworthy. I am extremely pleased with the results. And the care and clean up shown to my floors and possessions eas excellent. .I dont think my floors have ever been this clean! They even dusted!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large kitchen and foyer regrout.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,flooring contractor

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2020

wow I'm in Hawaii today and couldn't imagine a nicer way to say thank you so here is my way of letting my next customer know what a review can really do ...thanks I can't wait to tell the guys..

01/15/2020

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large kitchen and foyer regrout.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,flooring contractor

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2020

thanks for taking the time to review our company I really love being part of a network of clients and customers friends and future possibilities...and thanks for encouraging me to go on that fishing trip ..kaylee landed a 500lb. marlyn , I would have missed out if your kind words hadn't reminded me to pull away for a moment ....ty I'll drop of my chains off Monday and give you a call if that limb ...

10/02/2019

They did amazing work. They are absolutely worth every penny. I've been waiting to find time to do this work myself for almost a year, and Jim came in and has knocked it out in about a week and done much better work than I would have done myself. I'm so happy that we hired him to do this. Our backsplash looks amazing as does our new foyer tiling. He also did some drywall finishing work for us (mud...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tile kitchen backsplash, Tile foyer floor, drywall finishing

CATEGORY ceramic tile,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2019

Photo for McDowell's Tile & Sons - 6430 Cheshire Dr, Dimondale, MI - 38799181

08/23/2019

I am very pleased with the results. The existing fiberglass shower was removed, as well as the ceramic tile in other area of bathroom. I purchased the tile which was my choice, McDowell Tile would have done that if that was my desire. Subway tile (4" x12") was installed floor to ceiling, octagon tile on the shower floor, and 12" x 12" floor tile on the remaining bath area. Jim McDowell is the owne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tile bathroom shower and floor in remainder of bathroom

CATEGORY ceramic tile,drywall,home remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2019

thanks for taking the time to review our company. I really enjoyed working with you too! and hope your making time to enjoy the new shower/masterbath look with your friends and family members I'm always out looking for new projects.

05/08/2019

Jim did an excellent job - powder room was small and had some challenging areas. Jim also installed tile baseboard and did an excellent job around the corners where it switched to wood baseboard. We are very pleased with his work and his dedication to doing an excellent job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom and hallway Tile

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/05/2018

05/05/2018

Really high-quality work interested in working with the customer and doing the job right. Was a little argumentative on the last day but the work quality easily outshines the professionalism.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen back splash

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/26/2018

Thanks for the great review and thanks for sharing your experience with our company we love to make every job a one of a kind.and it never hurts to make a friend along the way. Thank you.

03/08/2018

The backsplash turned out so great. Jim was very focused on doing a quality job and took the time needed to make it perfect. They cleaned up well each day and I'm very happy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen backsplash

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/08/2018

thank you for the wonderful review !...I'm so thankful for your kind words and extra time to help me shine . if you kave any questions I'm here for ya. thank you :)

Tile installation - showers, tubs, floors walls, backsplashes & porches dream big because I can do it.

I love challenges and do entire project so start to finish . And can do anything