Dexter Cabinet & Countertop

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2007

1084 Baker Rd

Dexter, MI 48130

Dexter Cabinet and Countertop has been serving Ann Arbor and it's surrounding communities since 1984. The company has been owned by Del & Tim Young since the beginning and their attention to detail is what sets them apart from everyone else. That, along with competitive pricing, timely installation and a desire to please. They realize that their business can't grow if their past customers aren't happy with their project....

08/03/2017

David T.

No charge for the estimate. They were very expensive, much higher for the same, you know, they were estimating on the granite, as well, the counter, and for the same material, it was a much higher estimate. I would not call them because of the significant difference in the estimate.

Description of Work
We did have estimates from them.

01/11/2017

Judith S.

Great job. Went to their shop and chose the material. Del came to the house and prepared a template. The new counter top is installed! The installation was fast and went well. I am really pleased with the work done. I'm looking forward to getting an estimate for a new kitchen counter top too. They do beautiful work!

Description of Work
Remove old counter top in bathroom. Replace with Corian counter top.

10/21/2016

william D.

Did not go. No one ever responded back to my inquiries.

Description of Work
Called one time for three days in a row and sent an e-mail requesting estimate/services for kitchen cabinet refacing/restoration. The company never responded back to me. Poor customer service.

Category cabinet refacing

09/29/2016

silvia V.

They were considerate enough to do it RIGHT AWAY and not leave me with a non-functional kitchen. They were prompt, did excellent work and it looks great. I am very grateful that I didn't get any kind of "run around" they came, measured, came back and installed. Yay!

Description of Work
I needed a kitchen countertop and back wall (not backslash, the whole wall).

04/16/2016

Larry F.

Quote was substantially higher than contractor that I did use

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for countertop

Category countertops

Thank you for your comment. We will look into your estimate for mistakes that may have been made.

07/15/2015

Shobhana J.

They were pretty good. They did a good job. They were very helpful. I have no complaints about them. The price was good.

Description of Work
I used Dexter Cabinet & Countertop.

Category cabinet refacing

07/04/2015

George F.

Dexter Cabinets remodeled our kitchen in the fall of 2014. The principals, Del and Tim Young, were great to work with, and gave us a beautiful result. We were looking for a mix of new installation and re-work of existing structures. That combination resulted in a few unexpected wrinkles, but Del&Tim worked out all the problems gracefully. Dexter Cabinets itself specializes in the cabinetry and counter tops, but they have an excellent group of other independent craftspeople they work with regularly for electrical, plumbing, and carpentry, so Del and Tim basically also functioned as contractors, coordinating everything, which was great. (We hired our own people for painting and wood floors). My wife is thrilled with the results, and, amazingly, the project finished on budget and on time ? the whole process took less than two months! I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel: Installed new cabinets and countertops, installed appliances, reworked some existing cabinetry. Coordinated work of electrician, carpenter, plumber.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

06/23/2015

Laurie E.

It went very well, from the initial consult/estimate, to the time of installation. All were very professional. I think they were a little pricier than other installers, but worth the extra amount for the ease of working with them.

Description of Work
Installed countertop materials for a bathtub/shower area.

06/22/2015

Janice W.

Del was very professional preparing the estimate. He came to my house and measured noting the cut that would have to be made around the window sill. I chose the style and color - could take samples home to try out. When the new counter was ready, his brother Tim and worker took out the old counter and put in the new Corian top in a few hours. He recommended a good plumber to install the new faucets I had selected. Love my new vanity top.

Description of Work
took out bathroom counter top and replaced it with a Corian top

06/17/2015

Rachel L.

We opted not to complete project at this time. Would definitely consider using in the future.

Description of Work
Provided prompt, professional quote for countertops and sink replacement. No pressure sale. Had helpful suggestions for project.

06/01/2015

Stacey P.

The cabinet cut down went great. Looks original. The installation was quick and easy over two visits. The first visit was to run electrical and take down the cabinet. The second visit was to install the cut down cabinet and microwave.

Description of Work
Cut down cabinet over stove, ran electrical, installed microwave over stove.

03/28/2015

Tim and Kim S.

We got brand new ones and everything was added. I did all demo myself and they just did all the refinishing work for the cabinets. They were pretty reasonable. They were like the cheapest of all the contractors but went through the quotes for the countertops instead of granite.They are two brothers that own the company and they were just really nice guys. We got good experience with them. The only thing was just at that time the color and the style that we got was basically a hot color I guess. Everybody was ordering the same color. The countertop people had a delay on that. It wasn't their fault. They were great.

Description of Work
I used Dexter to replace all the countertops and cabinets and electrical in the kitchen. It was a complete kitchen overhaul.

Category countertops, home remodeling

02/17/2015

Katherine B.

Project took about 6 weeks to complete--not bad as it was during the holidays plus not the easiest job with the tearout being a real PITA (plaster + 3-4" concrete with thick metal mesh encased walls + floor in both rooms.) We did not go over budget on anything, spot-on estimates. Vanities are really pretty, DC&C worked with me to give both vanities a "furniture" look when I didn't find exactly what I was looking for in the catalog. We got granite countertops and are really pleased with the overall look and quality. Highly recommend for kitchen and bath remodels.

Description of Work
We used DC&C for a kitchen remodel in 2011, so we decided to use them again for a larger project. We had 2 full baths torn out to the studs and everything redone. DC&C coordinated the plumber, carpentry, cabinets, counters, tile guys, and electrical work. We supplied all the fixtures, tile materials, lights, and the design. Baths are just_gorgeous - Del, Tim and Ron are fabulous to work with, they do great work, are trustworthy and respectful of time and budget.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

02/17/2015

Floyd and Diane G.

All did an excellent work. All done in one day.

Description of Work
Removed cabinets so that they could fix the granite. Because the granite popped at the seam and Kurt Reinbold repaired the granite.

Category marble & granite, cabinet refacing

12/07/2014

Anthony P.

Went very well. Was flexible on scheduling, cleaned up well after themselves.

Description of Work
Provided and installed kitchen cabinets and countertops

Category custom cabinets, countertops

11/11/2014

PAUL M.

At the end of long road of research and picking material for a new Kitchen, the wife and I requested bids (Spring 2014) from three major companies companies in Ann Arbor. The renovation included new tile flooring (600 sq ft), new cabinets (Merillat Masterpiece) and countertop/backsplash (Cambria Quartz). The estimates of the three companies ranged from $10,000 to $20,000 over our target price. Note that these prices were for the exact same cabinets (Merillat) the same tile (selected from Virginia tile) and same countertop material (Cambria quartz). So we were disappointed that after all of our research we missed our budget. However at the last minute before giving up, we called Dexter Cabinets. Within a week we had an estimate that was below our target budget for all of the same products that were put out to bid. The project from the first day of deconstruction to the last day of placing the countertop/backsplash took only 5 weeks. The job looks beautiful. We couldn't be more pleased with Dexter Cabinets and all of their contractors. Everyone kept us informed of the next steps. They were polite and professional. The costs were what they indicated on the estimate. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
The Kitchen renovation included tear out, new tile flooring (600 sq ft), new cabinets (Merillat Masterpiece) and countertop/backsplash (Cambria Quartz

Category countertops, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you [member name removed]! We're glad we could help! Del

06/09/2014

Ray B.

Thorough, prompt and eager to please. Performed as promised with no delays or problems.

Description of Work
Coordinated purchase and installation of counter top. Provided demolition and disposal of old top, and plumbing for new sink, disposal and faucet.

04/16/2014

Sara K.

Del was very helpful and knowlegeable in the selection process. We also purchased a sink and faucet. The installation was completed on time and we are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Dexter Cabinet & Countertop provided Canbria countertops for our kitchen redo.

03/22/2013

Jennifer F.

Dexter cabinets exceeded my expectations in all respects. The quality of their work was exceptional at a very reasonable cost. Customer service was some of the best I have ever experienced!

Description of Work
Replaced cabinets, counters, mirrors, and plumbing fixtures in two bathrooms.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling

03/13/2013

THOMAS D.

Dexter Cabinet & Countertop are just waiting for the product before they can start on the job. We used them about 4 years ago and they did a very good job and I was trying to go local and they were terrible so I went back to Dexter. They are cheaper and they are pros. Everything that they have done up to now, has been very good.

Description of Work
Dexter Cabinet & Countertop gave me a quote and I gave them the job. They are going to do the counter tops for me.

02/04/2013

Dale S.

I talked with Del Young twice, once in person and once on the phone a week later. He promised to provide me with a quotation both times. Neither time did he follow through. It's disappointing since he was very professional when he visited my home and said he could do just what was needed.

Description of Work
No service provided.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

Member I apologize for the delay, I've been out all week with bronchitis and border line pneumonia. I should be back to work on Tuesday. I'll contact you then. Thank you for your patience. Del

01/11/2013

Kimberly W.

Completed estimate for laminted counterop in home that was being remodeled. Completed and installed ahead of scheduled time-excellent outcome.

Description of Work
installed laminated countertop in kitchen

11/14/2012

Charles D.

We have used Dexter Cabinet for a variety of jobs over the years. The largest one, under review here, involved replacing a Formica kitchen island counter top with a butcher-block. Dexter Cabinet duplicated the irregular shape of the old counter top exactly, and built a laminated maple replacement. Although we decided to use a mineral oil finish on the top, they put polyurethane on the bottom, explaining that that would help stabilize the wood. Perhaps it did; we have had no trouble with the lamination over the years. Dexter Cabinet has also replaced Formica counters in our kitchen, as well as custom-making several roll-out shelves for cabinets. Their work has always been first-class, and their prices have been fair and reasonable. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Built and installed maple laminated counter top for kitchen island.

Category countertops, woodworking

09/19/2012

Craig B.

Dexter Cabinet and Countertops did a great job. They worked with us on payment. They said how long the process would take and stayed in constant communication on every part of the process. The counters recommended look awesome. I'd recommend them again.

Description of Work
We had new quartz Cambria countertops installed. They also removed the old counters and removed unwanted backsplash. When coming to the house they took measurements and let us know our options (e.g. extending the island, corbals, sinks and colors). After the measurements, they ordered the counter which took a few weeks to complete. When the counters where finished, the final process took exactly two days. Day one - demo Day two - installation

Category countertops, home remodeling

08/28/2012

Mel S.

It excellent. They were helpful in picking out colors, style and pattern.

Description of Work
They changed two bathroom countertops.

Dinse Contracting LLC

Dinse Contracting LLC is a private, residential, interior/exterior remodeling contractor. We specialize in quality, custom, home improvement from painting to complete renovation in Ann Arbor and surrounding areas. Our goal is a high-quality finished product with longevity. We cater to the personal tastes and unique specifications of each homeowner and strive to provide a safe, clean, well-organized experience. If you are looking for cheap and fast work, we are not the team for you. If you are looking for a contractor who will provide a premium product and lasting professional relationship, Dinse Contracting LLC is an excellent choice.

Offers by Dinse Contracting LLC on Angi
    Matrix Home Solutions

Now Offering A COVID-19 Stimulus Program • $0 down • Up to $2,000 in immediate cash rebates • 12 months no payment, no interest program that rolls into a low payment, low interest plan as low as 2.99%! • Now offering VIRTUAL/REMOTE consultations We are a locally owned and operated basement finishing specialist servicing both Southeast Michigan (Detroit/Ann Arbor) and the Chicagoland area. Our focus is providing clients with a clear, upfront vision of expectations through a design/build approach. Our FREE design service provides potential customers with a collaborative consultation geared towards budget, wants, needs and lifestyle. Aside from providing great ideas, Matrix will furnish at NO COST a 3D rendering and detailed line-by-line proposal that is guaranteed for 1 year. Matrix Basement Systems is a "ONE STOP SHOP" for basement finishing and by virtue of our unique, customer-focused process, we have became one of the Nation's largest home remodeling companies. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction and providing a great working experience throughout the construction process. Finishing your basement has never been easier! Call today for a free, no obligation design consultation!

Offers by Matrix Home Solutions on Angi
    Mitch The Plumber

For 30 years Mitch The Plumber has provided residential plumbing & commercial plumbing services to Ann Arbor, Saline, Ypsilanti, and the rest of Washtenaw County. Mitch The Plumber employs a staff of experienced, licensed, and insured plumbers to solve any plumbing issue. We can handle all plumbing jobs no matter how big or how small. Our goal is to provide same day service for any plumbing issue at home or at the business. Mitch The Plumber is proud to be a locally owned & operated plumbing business serving all of Washtenaw County since 1979. We stress customer service and know customer retention and referrals come only by providing outstanding service at competitive prices. LICENSE #8377.

We offer both kitchen and bath design and remodel services. We are a Merillat cabinet retailer and have all the current countertop materials including "American Made" Cambria quartz.

Plumbing Hookup