CMR Mechanical

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2010

3611 Central St

Dexter, MI 48130

CMR Mechanical is committed to Honest, Quality Service. We service all types of heating and cooling equipment. Your comfort is our Number 1 priority and we treat you and your home with the utmost respect....

04/09/2020

miriam W.

Since I live with a person who is a nurse, I was concerned about the Covid-19 virus spreading in my home. As I understand it, this technology killed the SARS viruse and previous Corona viruses in the past and I am betting that it will also kill the Covid-19 virus. The air in my home is much fresher. I have allergies to mold and dust and this product removes mold and dust. I no longer wake up with a stuffy nose and itchy eyes. My home stays cleaner. The instillation by CMR Mechanical went seamlessly. I also use CMR Mechanical to service my central air and furnace every year. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I had a Halo LED whole home purification unit installed in my home

07/26/2018

Shane C.

Very good. Technician was extremely knowledgeable. Issue was diagnosed and unit was repaired same day.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired AC unit

08/11/2017

NANCY M.

The technician who came looked at the situation and determined he needed a different connector to adapt the 1/2" pipe on the deck to the 3/4" connector from the new grill. He went to a nearby hardware store and purchased one, then returned and completed and tested the connection. It is working well.

Description of Work
We needed to have a new grill connected to our already installed natural gas line at short notice. The firm we usually use for HVAC was backed up for weeks and recommended CMR. They were able to come within a few days to make the connection for us, which we appreciated.

07/14/2017

KAY F.

Excellent, very professional

Description of Work
new furnace and air conditioning

07/10/2017

Tim G.

I sent them photos - because our heater was leaking and we needed a replacement asap. They were very responsive and came right out with a new heater - they had one in stock.

Description of Work
Water heater

02/14/2017

Thomas H.

Very easy to work with throughout the entire process - quote, scheduling, install, and billing. Very professional from beginning to end. Excellent and thoughtful workmanship during the install. I am not an expert in the trade, but I am a perfectionist and I know good work when I see it. Felt like Dan treated my install like it was his own and took pride in every detail of the job. Not the lowest price of all the quotes but I am very happy with the value received. Everything is working great!!

Description of Work
Installed a boiler for my basement radiant floor heating. Also, prepped for on demand hot water later.

11/24/2016

Heidi K.

I don't normally write reviews, but 2 years ago i had my Furnace/ Air Conditioner and Water Heater installed by CMR Mechanical. They had the best price between the 4 other quotes i received. They also have a 24 hour service(which is very nice and had to use yesterday). The two times that i have called them after the install, they have been nothing but nice and helped me out. I would Highly recommend them to anyone. Whenever i decide to move, i will definitely pick CMR Mechanical again.

Description of Work
Furnace/Air Conditioner/Water Heater installed 2 years ago.

09/23/2016

Steve G.

I hardly ever write reviews. That's mostly because I'm never overly impressed with any service provider or product. I feel compelled to leave a review about CMR Mechanical though. I had Andy out to give a quote on replacing my furnace, AC, and water heater. He thoroughly addressed the situation and looked over all the details so as to recommend the ideal products. He didn't just give me some pretty pamphlets and leave me to it. He recommended the best products for my situation. He recommended really great financing so I didn't have to kill my checking account for this big install. So, immediately I was impressed. Then came the install time. I picked a date range and Andy let me know exactly how many days to expect for the install. Yes, that's days; these guys take their time and do things right. I can't say enough good things about Andy's staff. They are true professionals. They are prompt, punctual, courteous, cleanly, communicative, and they genuinely seem to take pride in the work that they do. They were always open to answering any questions I had about the install. CMR Mechanical is great. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I needed to have my furnace, AC, and water heater replaced.

08/03/2016

Stacy W.

03/02/2016

Leslie S.

When we bought our house a few months ago the inspector told us that the furnace was past its rated life and could go any minute. We hoped to limp along until spring. CMR had serviced it for us shortly after we moved, reached a point of saying that trying to fix more of it was not cost-effective because so many parts were failing. So it wasn't a surprise to wake up to no heat a few weeks later at which point we had CMR install a replacement. New furnace is more efficient and better sized for the house so should cost a lot less to run. They were prompt, explained all, got us back to having heat less than 36 hours after the furnace died. Courteous, responsive and pleasant. We've used them for some other ducting issues as well and been pleased. They guided us through both DTE rebate for energy efficiency and 6 mos no interest financing as well.

Description of Work
Installed new high efficiency furnace.

10/09/2015

Kyle S.

09/04/2015

Jennifer D.

We selected CMR for our HVAC retrofit after vetting no less than 5 companies. Our job included retrofitting our old farm house with: new ductwork, furnace, A/C and a mini-split Mitsubishi for the 2nd floor (sizable residential job). Andy Bobo was the main point man and co-owner of the business; Andy reviewed our options and was responsive, fair and professional the whole way through. It was a pleasure working with our lead installer, Scott. Scott and his partner were always prompt, professional and respectful of our home. They even adapted their work plan when possible to account for my often napping 18-month old daughter. The work itself is pristine, professional and operates flawlessly. It is clear Scott treats his craft with care, professionalism and respect. As long as I live within their work range, CMR has my business. Even the city representative who inspected the job upon completion said, there is no doubt, for HVAC, CMR is the best in our area.

Description of Work
HVAC retrofit of old farmhouse: ductwork/ furnace/ humidifier/ AC/ 2nd floor mini-split AC with heat pump

08/05/2015

Arthur L.

05/07/2015

pat G.

The work went beautifully....any difficulties that arose were dealt with thoughtfully and the end result was better than I'd hoped for. Scott was the team lead and he was great to work with. I was always consulted and things were carefully explained. The job took six days and all the people involved were very very good....truly, I am thrilled with the end result. I really think if this is how they handle a complicated job like mine....they can do any job that comes their way. I whole heartedly recommend CMR!

Description of Work
Installed a new very efficient furnace, air cleaner, humidifier and AC...removed all old equipment...added new ductwork for heat vents and cold air returns.

02/24/2015

Greg K.

What CMR repaired is irrelevant compared to how they handled our situation. Our furnace was not heating to the set temperature and the house was getting colder by the hour. I called CMR when they opened at 7:30am and spoke with Mark. Mark was going to reroute one his Techs and try to get out by 10am. He called with status updates and at 9:30am Charlie was at my door to look at the furnace. He quickly identified the problem, fixed it, made a couple of other adjustments and was done by 10:30am. Like most consumers, prior to Charlie's arrival, I did my research on the Internet to get an idea of what I may be facing and the cost. It did not look good and I prepared my wife for the possibility of spending a few thousand dollars. I know there are contractors out there that would have totally taken advantage of the situation and painted a grim picture and I would have fallen for it, but Charlie only fixed what needed fixing and gladly paid the $136 bill. Looks like we are eating out tonight!

Description of Work
Cleaned out psi switch tubing and collector box. Made some other minor adjustments.

12/31/2014

Nicklaus S.

Very well. They identified some issues and fixed them the same day.

Description of Work
Did seasonal work on a boiler in the apt complex we manage.

09/16/2014

Stacy D.

Andy Bobo met with us to discuss what type of furnace would be best for us. He fully explained the different options, their cost and the benefits of each so we could make an informed decision. When it came time for installation of our furnace, the crew arrived on time, kept us posted on their progress and cleaned up afterwards. I highly recommend CMR Mechanical !

Description of Work
Furnace replacement and air conditioning coil

06/17/2014

Judy D.

Andy did a good job presenting options and prices. I feel that I was able to make an informed decision with his help. The crew had to install ductwork in a low clearance situation and they did an amazing job under tough circumstances. I give the site-workers especially high marks for problem solving, plus they were fastidious with clean-up. Nice job.

Description of Work
Installed forced air H&C system in an a perviously all-electric house

06/11/2014

Michael K.

We were very happy with all members of CMR Mechanical we came into contact with during the process of deciding to repair a 35 year old air conditioning unit or installing a new, more energy/cost efficient unit. From our first interactions with Charlie, a repair technician, to Andy, the owner, to Scott/Scott the installers of both units, members of CMR always showed up at our house at the scheduled meeting time. My questions/emails were answered promptly. Charlie and both Scotts were very respectful to my wife and I and our property. All CMR members we interacted with went out of their way to make sure our concerns were addressed. Finally, I was very impressed with CMR (Brent) proactively filling out warranty forms and making sure we had all of the information needed to take advantage of available rebates.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and air conditioner.

06/03/2014

Alvin M.

I can not praise CMR Mechanical enough. Everything from the initial email for information, to the phone call to schedule service, to the visit. Everything was smooth and hassle free. No putting me on hold to look up pricing or if they can perform the work. They knew right away the cost per hour and if they would be able to perform the work requested. When I talked with them on the phone, they said they would send out Charlie who is there best/most experience tech for installing Nest Learning Thermostats. When Charlie arrived he went right to work. And he knew exactly what he was doing from installing the thermostat to reconfiguring the control box on the furnace itself. Took home barely an hour to complete the work. After the install he showed me the basics of using the thermostat and how to download and use the APP. It was a very pleasent experience. I would definitely recommend and will continue to use CMR Mechanical for all my HVAC Services.

Description of Work
Upgrade Thermostats to Nest Learning Thermostats

04/03/2014

Alisa T.

I'm blown away by how fast these guys worked. Within an hour after the call, we had CMR Mechanical come and fix our old furnace (it kept blowing cold air non-stop after we had a power surge). The job was done fast, no mess, no fuss. We definitely recommend these guys and will most likely use them again in the future for a new furnace. (Fingers crossed that the old one keeps working for a little longer!)

Description of Work
Fixed furnace that stopped working after power surge

12/05/2013

Christina H.

The tech arrived in the afternoon after installing a full system in another home. He was very nice and knew his stuff. Luckily he just had to tighten some wires and clean some contacts. He cleaned out the furnace for us and gave it a once over. It took about an hour and all was good again. My husband and I were very please with the service. I truly appreciate the caring of CMR to add us on an already busy schedule. They could have turned us away too but they didn't and I will always call on them for my heating and cooling because of this. Thank you.

Description of Work
I called CMR on Friday morning because my heater was blowing cold air all morning and we were not sure what was happening. It was cold that day and going to be snowy and in the upper 20's over the weekend. The person that answered the phone noted that their schedule was booked but he wanted to contact one of the techs to see if he could come out that afternoon. He did not want us to go all weekend without heat as it was going to be so cold. He said he would do all he could to get a tech out to our house. I got a call around 3pm stating a tech would be out around 4:30 or 5 and get everything fixed even if it was into the night. I was so thankful because by then the house was getting cold.

08/24/2013

Michael F.

Called CMR about a new furnace and water heater. Andy came out and looked at the current units. Was on time and very professional. He gave me a proposal and my wife and I talked about it. The American Standard furnace and A/C unit, as well as the 50 gallon Bradford White gas hot water heater, were very high quality and much more efficient that we were running. The install happened a few days after signing the contract. The weather was perfect, not too cool, not too hot, so we did not need the furnace or AC. Took about 2 days to rip out the old units and install. This new furnace vents out the back of the house (as opposed to up the chimney), so they had to do a bit of vent tub installation. The AC fan outside is very quiet and better protected from the lawnmower. All installation tasks, cleanup, and quality were outstanding. Very good company and they have high quality equipment.

Description of Work
Replaced 25 year old furnace and water heater.

07/24/2013

Craig R.

They are friendly, knowledgeable service, prices that are very honest and fair, I know some other people that have used him and the prices that they get are very reasonable. He'll also repair stuff if it needs repairing and he won't sell you brand new stuff that you don't need so I think he's very honest. The hot water heater that I had was quite old and you could tell it was starting to leak around the bottom of the hot water heater and he just took one look at it and he said "Yes, this is obvious, you are 5 years passed the expected lifetime, it's time to get a new one". It was the house that I just bought and I knew that the water heater was not in real good shape and he confirmed that pretty quickly. The price was excellent and he was very professional.

Description of Work
For heating and AC, I use CMR Mechanical. They replaced the hot water heater. It was along $900 for the water heater and the installation, they had to put exhaust pipes in because the code had changed.

Lakeside Service Company

Lakeside Service Company is a Michigan licensed heating and cooling installation/repair service located in Livingston County. We have been in business since 1983 and our success is attributed to our commitment to team member education and our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Give us a call today to find out more about what we offer. Commercial or residential, our technicians can service any heating and cooling system. Our number one priority is customer service, getting the job done right the first time, every time. Depend on Lakeside Heating and cooling to keep you comfortable in the Brighton, Howell, and surrounding areas. Call us or use our handy request service form to schedule an appointment with our heating and cooling technicians. With over 38 years of experience, Lakeside’s heating and cooling services will keep your home or business feeling comfortable year round by ensuring that your comfort systems are efficient and effective.

Garner Heating & Cooling

When your home heating or cooling system isn't functioning properly, it can be uncomfortable. Save yourself the time and hassle of a system breakdown. Rely on our experts for HVAC sales, service, and repair.

Offers by Garner Heating & Cooling on Angi
    VisionAir Heating & Cooling LLC

Please give us a call today for a free estimate at (586) 256-7300. $100 off any install over $2100 for Angies List members. $15 off your first service call for Angie's List members. VisionAir is a family owned business, with over 20 years' experience, operating in the Metro Detroit area. Our experienced technicians provide a wide variety of HVAC services, supporting the top name brands in the industry. We are available to install, service and maintain our customers' furnace and air conditioning systems year-round! We provide services to residential and commercial properties in Macomb & Oakland Counties. Having a problem with your current A/C unit or furnace? Our certified technicians can provide you with a free estimate on repairs or replacement! We will make recommendations based on your home or commercial building and design something suitable to fit your needs and budget.

MasterCard, American Express, Check