HANNEMAN & FINEIS CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION INC

Founded 1955 • With Angi since March 2007

3.8

11880 Krepps Rd

Dewitt, MI 48820

Full service concrete construction company....

06/23/2019

Mary K.

We bought a house with a patio that sloped downward to the house so when it rained, the water all flowed to the house and then seeped into the basement. Steve Fineas built a cement porch across the entire width of the back and sloped it to drain away from the house. It is just one step higher than the patio. It doesnt look sloped but it works perfectly to control rain water.

Description of Work
Build a new back porch

09/12/2017

Thomas V.

Excellent quality work and very good to work with. On two previous occasions I hire contractors to make foundation repairs that did not hold up at all. Steve and Mark were direct with me that the foundation was not built properly in the first place, so replacement, in place, was the only option. They explained fully what they would do and were true to their word. They resolved the few minor issues promptly. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced failing foundation on barn with combination of new poured walls, block work and poured floor. Work included rerouting utility feeds and casement windows.

03/14/2017

Katie H.

I paid half down to reserve my date to get the driveway done. The day before the date, I finally called them and they pushed back install date 2 months. By the time they were coming back out, I had taken a job out of state and was moving and cancelled my install. They said they would return the money and never did. I have called multiple times since then and it has now been 6 months and I am out $3300. They robbed me of my money and refuse to call me back. Do not pay them a dime! You will not get it back. It didnt even reserve the date. Ironically, if they just would have installed by the date planned, I would never had to cancel the install.

Description of Work
I hired them to complete a new concrete driveway at my home in Lansing.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, stamped concrete

12/13/2015

Anne A.

Our experience was mostly positive. The crew that completed the work included the owners and they did excellent work. We are satisfied with the final product. The one downside was the lack of response to phone calls and the poor job of scheduling. We understand that this is outdoor work and is subject to the weather, but if the work is scheduled for a particular day, weeks in advance, the company should call or email with an updated schedule. That is common courtesy, but is surprisingly lacking in nearly every contractor we have ever hired. Because it is so common for contractors to lack professionalism in the area of basic communication, we give H&F a pass on this failure. We would hire H&F again because they did excellent work, which ultimately is the most important thing.

Description of Work
Replaced sections of concrete driveway.

07/15/2013

Pamela B.

This evaluation written July 15, 2013. As far as the cement work, they did an excellent job. The porch cap was installed properly so that water from rain or melting snow is directed to the front of the porch and drains off onto the ground. The new step and sidewalk look better than the original one. We received their proposal in July, 2008 and paid the down payment in August, 2008. From that point on it went downhill. They would set a date and time to come to the house to work on the project and neither show up nor call. They also showed up unexpectedly and did work when we weren't expecting it. This pattern of not showing up when expected and showing up when not expected repeated itself three or four times until the cement work on the porch cap and the sidewalk was completed in November, 2008. During this time, phone calls to the company were seldom returned, but one of the owners did show up (unexpectedly of course) to be very charming and explain that they were getting more large projects from the State of Michigan and couldn't work our small project in. The porch cap was not sealed or caulked nor the sidewalk sealed because it was too late in the season and the temperature too cold. It was agreed they would return in the Spring, 2009 to finish the job. Also, while removing the old sidewalk they had torn up a portion of our blacktop driveway as well as gouging out a small area of front lawn with their bobcat. Both these items needed to be fixed. Please keep in mind that at that time we seldom used our front door to enter or exit the house. Most of the time we used the garage for our comings and goings. Come Spring, 2009 I happened to look outside and saw a young man rinsing off the sidewalk. I went out and another guy was hosing off the porch. As usual, there had been no advance notice they were coming. They had done a good job of scrubbing the porch and side walk to prep it to be sealed. The blacktop area of our driveway had been repaired and top soil brought in to fill in the gouged area of the front lawn. Neither of those repairs were done particularly well. The young men told me that they would be back the next day to do the sealing UNLESS it rained. Well the next day it rained so the porch and sidewalk did not get sealed. At some time, they sneaked back and sealed the porch and sidewalk WITHOUT cleaning them again. The porch had also been caulked. Not only did they administer seal to the DIRTY porch and sidewalk, it didn't look like it had been applied evenly. The sidewalk looked pretty bad and the porch looked REALLY bad. We were exhausted by the whole thing and decided we were through with Hanneman and Fineis, and we did not pay the small amount still owed to the company. At some later time (and I do not know when) one of the owners contacted my husband about the amount due, and my husband sent him several photos of the porch and sidewalk. There has been no further contact to or from the company since then.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced existing porch cap Removed and replaced front sidewalk and step Unsatisfactorily sealed the porch and sidewalk .

02/01/2013

ELIZABETH S.

Requested an estimate. I took time away from work in order to meet with Steve. He wasted my time. Steve came and spent some time talking about his service and product. Never got back with me. Promised to give me an estimate. Don't call this company unless you have a large job and are a prestigious client. He is not interested in the normal person with a residential project. He actually turned his nose up at my floor. He is too special for just anybody.

Category stamped concrete

11/15/2012

Greg R.

They started when they said they would and finished the job promptly.

Description of Work
They poured a footing,installed drain tile and put up a cement block wall for an addition on my house. The foundation was square and didn't leak so they did a good job.

08/09/2010

Barbara P.

A huge surprise was the gaping hole under the front porch (we found Jimmy Hoffa!) Anyway, we now have spent $770 more than originally planned for labor and many loads of sand. The guys were very nice and quite neat. Despite having to run a bobcat over our lawn, the ruts are gone and all looks fine. We are pleased overall and would use the company again (gee, I hope I don't need to!)

Description of Work
Our front porch was cracked and the concrete, under the slate, was obviously in very bad condition. We had the old porch removed and a new one poured. In addition, the brickwork around the front had to be put back in place since it had rested on the old porch.

10/13/2009

DOUG M.

The newly poured concrete looks great. The salesman was very patient and answered the endless stream of questions that came up while I was comparing estimates from four different companies. The crew (for the most part) was very friendly and helpful. One or two of the crew didn't do a great job cleaning up on the last day, but the owner and his brother both came out to take care of it personally. It's nice to know the head people are looking out for their customers.

Description of Work
Removed the existing cement driveway and garage floor, and replaced both with the proper pitch to move water out of the garage and away from house. This included replacing the city's sidewalk and approach to match the new pitch. Replaced the front sidewalk with a more appealing curve in place of the right angles corners, and built 10 ft. curbs along the side of the driveway near the garage to contain the landscaping. Reshaped part of the lawn near the new driveway to match the lower height and brought in black dirt to fill in around the new driveway and sidewalks.

10/07/2009

Charles B.

I had received 2 bids, both Angies List recommendations. The other contractor had a higher price, told me to get my own permits, did not include filling in the topsoil around the project and provided no information about keeping the concrete looking good for years to come. Hanneman and Fineis did get the permits, knew the permitting issues, filled in the topsoil, provided great advice on the project and all for a better price.

Description of Work
Removed asphalt driveway and cement apron, poured cement sidewalk, step (colored and stamped) and poured driveway.

05/02/2009

Margy C.

The paving of the driveway went well. The people working are professional, punctual and friendly. The chimney was lousy.....scaffolding was put up in early December and nothing was done so it had to be taken down and put up in the spring. I don't know how the work was....but my yard was left in a mess. Nails, concrete pieces, brick pieces etc. I returned the mess when I went to pay my bill and never heard from them. In 2006 I developed a crack in one of the pads and Mark came out and said it was too small to fix then. I didn't keep track of my calls to the company in 2007 but in 2008 Mark was back out in late May and said his crew would be working near by and he would have them come fix the crack. On 7/16 I called and was told by the receptionist that she could give Mark the message that I called about the work. On 8/16 I called again and left a message on the machine because I never heard back from Mark. On 9/4 I called again as I got no response to the 8/16 call and was told I was on the list for late October. I left a message this 3/18 and on 3/30 I got a receptionist (Lisa) who said they would be out the end of April. I now have the one crack the full length of the pad, several small ones from that, a cornor that chipped away on the pad and the cornor gone on an adjacent pad. Apparently they don't care about their reputation because I told the girl about the time I've waited and told her I would notify Angie's list if the work wasn't done in April and she said she understood. The work is not done. The pad is getting worse and this looks terrible.

Description of Work
I had my old concrete and blacktop driveway replaced. I also had chimney brick repair done.

04/29/2008

CONNIE P.

I had the work done to my driveway in 2001. To this day, I still have yet to see any cracks. They did great work. I would recommend them to other.

Description of Work
They removed the original blacktop, repaved the driveway, added an apron and built up the curb.

Rangel's Waterproofing & Construction

Leaky Roof? Wet Basement? Rangel's Waterproofing Specializes in Dryer Safer Homes. Our Services We Provide Range From Roofing Systems, Basement Systems, & Emergency Escape Egress Systems. Our Estimates Our Free & Financing Is Available. Call Today to Find Out Why More Homeowners Are Counting On Rangel's For A Dryer Safer Home!

Bluebird CFW

We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimate!

Foundation Solutions 360

Free home inspections, financing available. (5 yrs Int. Free). Veteran Owned and operated. We specialize in basement waterproofing, foundation repair and crawl space encapsulation.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover

FLATWORK- CONCRETE FLOORS- BASEMENT, GARAGE, POLE BARNS; DRIVEWAYS, SIDEWALKS, PATIOS, COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL, POURED WALL FOUNDATIONS; ADDITIONS- CRAWLSPACE, BASEMENT, GARAGE, SLAB ON GRADE; PORCHES- REPAIR, REPLACE; DECORATIVE CONCRETE- COLORED & STAMPED, ACID STAINED CONCRETE, OVERLAYMENTS, EXPOSED AGGREGATE, COUNTERTOPS, COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL; INSTALL MANUFACTURED STONE; SNOW REMOVAL- COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL; PERVIOUS- PARKING LOTS, DRIVEWAYS.