Detroit City Sweep LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2013

Established in 2013 At Detroit City Sweep, we strive to exceed the expectations of each and every customer. We do that by using the highest quality products and through our attention to detail. You'll notice the difference immediately when you choose us to handle your chimney maintenance and masonry needs. Hiring a high-quality chimney and masonry specialist is an important decision and we'll provide you with outstanding service. We always offer Free Estimates. Free Video Inspections upon request with purchase of a cleaning. Low cost, no mess, chimney cleanings & inspections. Additional website: www.chimneycleaningdetroit.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

chimney sweep (759)fireplace services (312)gas fireplace repair (194)chimney repair (118)chimney cap repair (57)masonry (32)dryer vent cleaning (25)gutter cleaning (16)gutter repair (9)animal removal (8)roofing (6)decks & porches (1)

10/02/2022

Margaret B.

Steve the owner sent two techs that performed work like five year old. They spilled paint on my deck and driveways. The owner promised to come and correct the mistakes. The owner sent the same two idiots to make corrections. I sent them home, and I told the owner why didn't he come as promised. He lied to me and said if I pay him the full price for the work then he will come. DON'T USE THESE PPL!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!! THEY ARE LIARS AND CONARTISTS!!! ANGI SHOULD REMOVE THIS COMPANY FROM HER LIST!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Brick tuckpointing and exterior painting.

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

09/19/2022

Matt B.

Efficient and personable. Completed the sweep without trying to up sell us like the previous contractor. (Previous one, not on angi’s list and more of a handyman tried to quote about 4 times more and asked me if I had anyone that could help?). Good agency.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the wood burning stove/chimney

Work Completed On 09/18/2022

04/24/2022

Steve T.

Excellent. Work performed as agreed, The were polite, clean and careful. Cleaned out the old stuff in the fireplace and replaced with new material.

Description of Work
Safety inspection and tune up of gas fireplace.

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

12/19/2020

Carolyn L.

I was extremely impressed from my first contact with the office through the service. The office staff was very pleasant and efficient. The agent walked me through every step and answered all of my questions. The techs were very pleasant, as well. One could tell that they loved their job. The were neat and clean and extremely efficient and knowledgeable. They patiently answered all of our questions. They even answered our call after leaving our appointment and offered to come back. The price was very reasonable...and we will be using them again, when we convert our other fireplace!!!

Description of Work
Conversion of gas fireplace to wood.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/19/2020

11/27/2020

Ken W.

The Service Tech was right on time and performed his duties with a very high degree of competence and professionalism.

Description of Work
Inspection and maintenance of 2 fire places

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

10/03/2020

Bob B.

Very well. Service performed efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Cleaning chimney

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/11/2020

c A.

They do a great job. Neat and clean and they showed me how everything works. They have me options for improvements as well. I have used them several times and am always pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning

Category chimney sweep, gas logs, animal removal

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

05/04/2020

Tom M.

Dean from Detroit City Sweep was responsive and professional. He listened when I told him of the issue, and I told him of past quotes/plans from others companies. He dismissed other's suggestions and told me all I needed was a screen built around the chimney exit point to ensure birds didn't nest. He showed up on time, went right to work, building a custom screen around the opening, and the price was more than fair. Luckily he didn't have to remove any birds or pests, so the price wasn't very high.

Description of Work
Installed bird/pest screen at top of chimney

Category chimney caps, animal removal

Work Completed On 05/02/2020

04/08/2020

Julie B.

Dean is very knowledgeable and friendly and reliable. He did a great job!

Description of Work
Chimney repairs, tuck point

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

02/07/2020

Tiscur T.

Horrible! Reparied twice & currently leaking.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category chimney sweep, roofing

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

02/07/2020

Tiscur T.

I paid the owner Steve to tuck point & repair leaking roof. I had specific areas I needed tuck pointed for an inspection. I also had a leaking roof only above semi bay windows. I paid him for repairs. Within a few months my tenant calls to report leaking roof. I told him. He told me he (his employee) did more tuck pointing than he should & I'd have to pay for half of the repairs the 2nd time. He hired a 3rd party guy to did repairs after I submitted half. The roof is leaking right now. He's guy Dean was suppose to come an assess the damages but never showed. I called Dean, his argumentitive & lack of diplomacy caused me to hang up. I've called Steve many times to recertify my leaking roof & now ceiling dry wall damage. He answered once, I told him about the leak. He will not return my calls. This has been so upsetting & lost of time and money. My tenants are upset. To pay someone twice for the same job & I still have a leaking roof. Detroit Chimney Sweep is a horrible incompetence company. Run....

Description of Work
I needed roof leak repaired.

Category chimney sweep, roofing

Work Completed On 05/05/2019

Review for Detroit City Sweep LLC - 9414 Hartwell Street, Detroit, MI - 38373670

01/18/2020

James S.

Steve and (I think) Kory came out together back in early December to my home in Royal Oak. I could not have been more satisfied and impressed with the level of service. The problem was diagnosed quickly, and all my questions were thoroughly answered. And, importantly, the final cost was very reasonable. A+ overall. I will definitely call them again the next time I need any service.

Description of Work
Gas log wouldn't turn on

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

12/21/2019

James M.

Chris did a great job. The fireplace never worked so well in 30 years. I will hire them again to sweep chimney next year.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaned and gas fixed to start when turned on.

Cost $177.63

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

12/12/2019

Mark C.

Excellent work performed by first-rate workers. Dean and Don were thorough and professional. We learned how to get the most out of our fireplace and operate it at peak efficiency, too. Nice guys as well. Will definitely call them to maintain our chimney and fireplace. Couldn't be happier with the service!

Description of Work
Liner installed

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

12/10/2019

Michael F.

We were very impressed with the work. Steve, who owns the company, was on site with another worker. We were impressed, since he has other trucks operating in the area. They did a super job, inspecting our chimney and cleaning it. Even showed us video of our chimney and made suggestions on other repairs that should be done. There was no "hard sell" but he was very specific about some minor repairs that would provide more energy efficiency. He was very professional and the work was done efficiently and cleanly. I highly recommend their service!

Description of Work
They cleaned out the chimney and checked for cracks and other issues.

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

11/27/2019

John H.

Made an appointment for 11/25/2019. City Sweep did not show up. Very Disappointed. Hired a different company.

Description of Work
Replace flex gas line from black pipe line feed to gas log unit.

Category chimney sweep, gas logs

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

09/29/2019

Don S.

Will certainly be calling them back each year from now on a Tune-Up. Great Company, no problems recommending them !

Description of Work
Overall Tune-Up for a Gas-Log (vented) Fireplace. Replaced Pilot Assembly / Added a Damper "Safety-Clip" / Patched Fireplace & Furnace Chimneys / Swept Fireplace Flue / General Cleaning of Logs and Firebox.

Work Completed On 09/29/2019

09/18/2019

Jacqueline B.

It went exceptionally well. They provided photos of the entire process from beginning to end. They gave detailed instructions of what needed to be done. Along with a cost analysis of the repairs recommended.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and stack surveyed.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/09/2019

Rick A.

Went well, cleaned in reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
Cleaned Chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

08/16/2019

Thom Z.

They were supposed to show between 1-4. At 330 called and was told the rep was running late, but would be there and would call before. After wasting my entire afternoon they were a no show, even after calling to check to see they were still coming.

Description of Work
Needed a chimney repaired

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

08/01/2019

Barbara R.

the initial inspection was a bit off the mark; however, the repair guy and his assistant were nothing short of fantastic...very knowledgeable, very detailed explanations, got the job done, and came in way under estimate. Best home repair experience in quite some time.

Description of Work
repair of non-functional gas fireplace

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

08/01/2019

Meghan H.

It was an excellent service. They went above and beyond. He did an extra mile to clean it out.

Description of Work
They did chimney cleaning.

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

07/07/2019

chris W.

Very well. As part of the service, the chimney sweep went on my roof and inspected the second chimney that handles the exhaust from my furnace. He explained what was causing my bricks to spall, and offered a solution. He was prompt, courteous, and effecient. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my fireplace chimney to meet city codes.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, fireplaces