Detroit City Sweep LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2013

Awards & Badges

9414 Hartwell Street

Detroit, MI 48228

Established in 2013 At Detroit City Sweep, we strive to exceed the expectations of each and every customer. We do that by using the highest quality products and through our attention to detail. You'll notice the difference immediately when you choose us to handle your chimney maintenance and masonry needs. Hiring a high-quality chimney and masonry specialist is an important decision and we'll provide you with outstanding service. We always offer Free Estimates. Free Video Inspections upon request with purchase of a cleaning. Low cost, no mess, chimney cleanings & inspections. Additional website: www.chimneycleaningdetroit.com...

Resposiveness

chimney sweep (757)fireplace services (311)gas fireplace repair (194)chimney repair (118)chimney cap repair (57)masonry (32)dryer vent cleaning (25)gutter cleaning (16)gutter repair (9)animal removal (8)roofing (6)decks & porches (1)

12/19/2020

I was extremely impressed from my first contact with the office through the service. The office staff was very pleasant and efficient. The agent walked me through every step and answered all of my questions. The techs were very pleasant, as well. One could tell that they loved their job. The were neat and clean and extremely efficient and knowledgeable. They patiently answered all of our questions...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Conversion of gas fireplace to wood.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2020

11/27/2020

The Service Tech was right on time and performed his duties with a very high degree of competence and professionalism.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspection and maintenance of 2 fire places

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2020

10/03/2020

Very well. Service performed efficiently and professionally.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaning chimney

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2020

09/11/2020

They do a great job. Neat and clean and they showed me how everything works. They have me options for improvements as well. I have used them several times and am always pleased with their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fireplace cleaning

CATEGORY chimney sweep,gas logs,animal removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/02/2020

05/04/2020

Dean from Detroit City Sweep was responsive and professional. He listened when I told him of the issue, and I told him of past quotes/plans from others companies. He dismissed other's suggestions and told me all I needed was a screen built around the chimney exit point to ensure birds didn't nest. He showed up on time, went right to work, building a custom screen around the opening, and the price ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed bird/pest screen at top of chimney

CATEGORY chimney caps,animal removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2020

04/08/2020

Dean is very knowledgeable and friendly and reliable. He did a great job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repairs, tuck point

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/08/2020

02/07/2020

I paid the owner Steve to tuck point & repair leaking roof. I had specific areas I needed tuck pointed for an inspection. I also had a leaking roof only above semi bay windows. I paid him for repairs. Within a few months my tenant calls to report leaking roof. I told him. He told me he (his employee) did more tuck pointing than he should & I'd have to pay for half of the repairs the 2nd time. He h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed roof leak repaired.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2019

Photo for Detroit City Sweep LLC - 9414 Hartwell Street, Detroit, MI - 38373670

02/07/2020

Horrible! Reparied twice & currently leaking.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repair

CATEGORY chimney sweep,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2020

01/18/2020

Steve and (I think) Kory came out together back in early December to my home in Royal Oak. I could not have been more satisfied and impressed with the level of service. The problem was diagnosed quickly, and all my questions were thoroughly answered. And, importantly, the final cost was very reasonable. A+ overall. I will definitely call them again the next time I need any service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas log wouldn't turn on

CATEGORY gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2020

12/21/2019

Chris did a great job. The fireplace never worked so well in 30 years. I will hire them again to sweep chimney next year.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fireplace cleaned and gas fixed to start when turned on.

CATEGORY fireplaces

COST $177.63

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/02/2019

Masonry. Chimneys - waterproofing, rebuilds, tuckpointing, inlays, crown repairs, flue tile removal, liner installations, porch & flashing rebuilds & repairs, animal removal. Gutter cleaning

ask for details.