Don's Electric Service

Michigan: Contractors
12/31/2021

10891 Dixie Hwy

DAVISBURG, MI 48350

We are preforming full electrical needs and generator services

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Full Service Electrical Contractor & Authorized Dealer for Generac Automatic Standby Generators. Licensed & fully insured electrician in business since 1994. Family owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Don's Electric, Dons Electric Inc....

electrician (162)lighting (28)generator service (16)ceiling fan installation (11)plumbers (1)appliance repair (8)

07/15/2021

I regularly and highly recommend Don's Electric to anyone who is looking for top-notch electricians and outstanding people to work with. Don's Electric is a well-run company that provides superb service. The Gabbard family is the best! For example, last week we had a lengthy power outage, and (through no fault whatsoever of Don’s Electric) the engine in our back-up generator died, requiring replac...

Description of Work
Generator Repair And Generator Installation

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

07/09/2021

I called Don and inquired about getting my RV Onan 4000 generator repaired. It would start then run a few minutes and shut down. Don ask a few questions and quickly guessed it to be a failing fuel pump. He said he had to the parts in stock and could come to my RV site and repair it the next morning.....THE NEXT MORNING ! ! Most of the places I called on my journey said they could repair it but it ...

Description of Work
Repair RV Generator

Category generator service

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

02/20/2021

To start- we had Jason come out for a quote. We had several items ranging from adding new outlets, to adding recessed lights in a few rooms, adding a 20 amp circuit, and various other items. Jason was great, and made everything seem like it was going to be seamless. A few weeks later (after a few other quotes), we decided to go with Don's. They were local, and comparable in price to the others (~$...

Description of Work
Several outlets, some light switches, recessed lighting, upgrade the panel

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

02/18/2021

Excellent. Don Harding was very pleasant and professional. The price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Don and this Company.

Description of Work
Two ceiling fans removed and two installed.

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

12/26/2020

I booked a date to have work done and they called day b4 and said appointment was for estimate only work to b done in another two weeks even though i stated work done that day and the site gave me estimate.

Description of Work
Electric outlets

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

12/11/2020

electrical install for a smart doorbell

Description of Work
I was called by Dons the morning I posted my work request. They said that they did my project all the time and would charge $175hr for labor plus parts. They were booked out a month so we agreed to wait patiently and go with Don’s. When the electrician showed up he stated he did not have the parts we needed and that we needed to get them. There was no outreach to tell us which parts we needed to provide prior to the appointment, or to see what we had since they did not have the generic parts on their truck (we already had a smart doorbell kit to install, we were missing some of the other generic components though). He left without doing the project and we never received a call back when we called to expedite a return visit. Don’s wasted a month of our time on a much needed project to get done.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/19/2020

I was told I would get a quote and never received a call or email back.

Description of Work
electrical oulet installed and possible wiring above fireplace

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

I do apologize for the inconvenience. We did some research and found that someone reached out on October 5th and left a voicemail for you to set up an appointment. Unfortunately the only information we had was your phone number. If you would like to set up an appointment, please call our office at (248) 394-2151 and we can get you on the schedule.

09/24/2020

I had the appointment scheduled for weeks and they called me the morning of to tell me that we were actually outside their service area and they weren't going to come do the work. I took the day off of work to be there and get this done. This is unacceptable.

Description of Work
Grounding of outlets

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

09/05/2020

Work looks good and was done in good time. My only gripe was they didn't tell me the LED's they were using had such a warm color, I prefer the color be 5000 or higher. It's a drop ceiling and they went out and got tiles that match well to the current ceiling and cut the new lights into them quite well.

Description of Work
Replace old fluorescent lights with LED's

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

08/13/2020

Was installed quick, and professional. Will definitely be calling Don's again to install my ceiling fans. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
3 Prong Plug-ins Installed

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

Call us to make an appointment with our Service Department or to schedule a free in home estimate for installation of a Standby Generator. Our services include; under-cabinet lighting, ceiling fan & flat screen TV installation, recessed lighting, LED lighting, 220 lines, specialty circuits, service upgrades, commercial lighting & more!

appliance repair