Cedar Works

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2007

3050 Union Lake Rd Ste 8-F

Commerce Township, MI 48382

Cedar Works has been in the business of building decks for over 20 years. Because we are committed to building the finest quality decks available, we’ve also built our reputation as the top deck builder in Southeast Michigan. Owner Jamie Ruddy received his degree in Building Construction Management from Michigan State University and went onto amass years of hands-on building experience as his company grew. Jamie is personally involved in overseeing the construction of each and every deck from the design process to the finished product. Jamie’s deck expertise is built on extensive training and certification in several composite deck materials. He is also a certified Trex Platinum pro deck installer. Cedar Works is made up of a committed crew of deck builders who will bring years of experience to your deck project....

03/11/2021

Jamie B.

It was incredible. They were really good. The guy was so smart, they knew what they were doing and they were very professional. They were very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
One board needs to be replaced. They came back and fixed a minor issue on my deck.

Category deck cleaning

10/09/2020

Eric S.

The crew did a good job from beginning to end. My frame is sagging, and sometimes the water is leaking into the house under heavy rain. They took care of both. They know what they are doing and exceeded my expectation.

Description of Work
Replacing my 20+ year old cedar deck with Trex Composite

03/14/2020

Monica L.

Jamie and his crew were wonderful to work with. He gave us a clear estimate of the work to be done. Since we live in a condo, we had association guidelines to comply with and Jamie was great in making suggestions to both meet those guidelines and give us the beautiful deck we envisioned. The professionalism of both Jamie and his workers was outstanding.

Description of Work
We replaced a second story deck on our condo with Trex.

06/06/2019

Yuko Y.

I'm super happy with our deck! I'm not sure if we got just lucky to have Chad (one of the crew staff who actually built decks) work on our deck, but the quality and craftsmanship he and his team put in is so precise, beyond our expectation - we are really impressed. I think his standards and "common sense" are so high that we did not have to tell him anything while the deck was being built. He did not waste even a second when he was working on our deck, no chat with his coworker, no chat on the phone, nothing - just work, work, work - focused on the deck all day. It was a pleasant surprise since we are very picky about quality, especially after we have gone through a terrible home builder of our home's for bunch of quality issues. Also truly appreciate Robert, who provided us great design proposals and were very very patient with our questions and modification requests. Jamie (owner) is an easy-going nice guy and did everything we asked for. He's pretty responsive whenever I needed to contact him. One more thing - I love the way their quotes are. They break down all items in the quote so it was so easy to know what was included and what was not and super clear about a price for each item. I have received quotes from other deck builders too but they did not show us break-down prices. Most of them even hesitated to answer to my questions about the price when I asked them. I think Cedar Works is very honest with customers. They did not hide anything from us in the quotes.I will recommend Cedar Works to anyone. All my neighbors said our deck was looking sooo nice:-)

Description of Work
Deck (new)

05/23/2019

kevin C.

Had an appointment for them to come out today. They call 40 minutes before appointment to cancel. Apparently my project was too small.

Description of Work
Needed board for board deck replacement.

Category decks

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry but Cedar Works does not do repairs. Our office manager was not aware it was for a board replacement. When we realized that we gave you a call to let you know. If we can help you with anything in the future please let us know.

03/30/2019

Brian H.

The representative never showed up during the appointment time, and did not call to cancel, reschedule, or let me know they couldn’t make it. When I called to inquire, my calls went to voicemail. I left messages, but nobody responded even though I called during the posted business hours.

Description of Work
I scheduled an appointment to have someone come out to my location and bid on a deck project. This project was for new construction as well as a refinish of an existing structure.

Category decks

I met with the homeowner at his house at the scheduled time on Saturday 4-6-19. He was emailed the quote within 24 hrs and acknowledged he received it and thanked me for the quote.. [Member Name Removed] told me he thought I was scheduled to be there the week before at same time on Saturday. Also, we are not open to receive calls on weekends. We both apologized for the mix up and moved on. [Member Name Removed] told me he would update the review when he got around to it. Sorry again for the mixup on apt time. thx again!

09/28/2018

ROBIN F.

Jamie came out to take measurements and he then emailed to me the quote a few days later. A lot of the other companies didn't even come out to see the deck, but based their estimates on my measurements. The workers did an excellent job and cleaned up very well afterward.

Description of Work
Replace old boards and steps and fix frame.

04/02/2018

Joseph O.

Great experience. Jamie is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. Came out within 48 hours of my first call and was right on time. Advised me on my project and turned around a quote in a few days. Pricing was very clear, itemized and very fair. Unfortunately, we'll not be doing the project this spring as we have a kitchen remodel taking place, but will no doubt call Cedar Works when it's time to get started on the project.

Description of Work
Install Trex decking on older deck

11/15/2017

Christa L.

The company did not reply to my online request. I was specific in what I wanted and I think contractors are too busy this year and do not take small projects.

Description of Work
Front porch replacement.

Category decks

Hello [Member Name Removed], please call me or email me again, I would love to give you a quote or at least talk about it on the phone. I looked through my files and passed incoming emails I could not find your information so I do not have your phone number or email. Sorry for missing the initial contact, And sorry for any inconvenience please contact me again. Thx again! Jamie Ruddy, Owner [phone number removed].

08/01/2017

Rob S.

Great. Responsive and prompt. Finished as promised. After dealing with my builder, this was a refreshing change.

Description of Work
Trex deck for walkout

Pisani Contracting

We are a small, family owned company with 4 employees fully licensed and insured. We accept cash, check and credit cards as payment. We can also finance your payments as well. We generally don't accept payment until the job is complete on smaller jobs, on larger jobs however, we can work out a payment schedule based upon the amount of work completed. We pride ourselves on our ability to communicate with our customers to assure their complete satisfaction throughout the entire experience.

Easy Home Improvement

Need brick repairs? EASY does it! We've won the Angie's List Super Service Award the last 5 years in a row in the Masonry & Chimney Repair categories! 2015 to 2019. We specialize in all phases of masonry work! We offer: *Chimney repairs *Chimney rebuilds *Chimney caps *Brick wall repairs *Brick wall rebuilds *Brick porch repairs *Brick porch rebuilds *Tuckpointing *Individual brick replacement, & more!! We specialize in the brick masonry trade therefore our masons are just that, professional brick masons giving you the quality you want & deserve! We are verifiably licensed & insured in the state of Michigan to perform the masonry trade. For those who don't want to pay for their masonry needs right now we do offer a NO INTEREST for 18 months payment option giving you flexibility. If you have any questions & simply would like to schedule an estimate feel free to call is toll free at 1-844-444-EASY(3279)

Offers by Easy Home Improvement on Angi
    Domenico Brick Paving & Landscaping

Domenico Brick Paving & Landscape is a Birmingham, MI based company with more than 25 years experience in Michigan’s residential building industry. We provide free quotes and design services. We offer flexible payment arrangements. We use quality brick pavers made by Unilock as well as a variety of other landscape materials. In addition to the paver manufacturer’s lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of the pavers, Domenico’s offers a 7 year warranty on our workmanship. Domenico Brick Paving & Landscape is a member of the SE Michigan BBB, and the Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA.org). Domenico is also a licensed residential builder in the state of Michigan. Not required for landscape and patio work we do, but helps insure that his company is up to date on all rules, requirements, and new techniques for Michigan construction. This is another distinction that sets apart the services we offer.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Custom deck builder, cedar, replacement, resurfacing, pavers, roofing, sun rooms, gazebos & basement remodeling.