Cedar Works

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2007

Cedar Works has been in the business of building decks for over 20 years. Because we are committed to building the finest quality decks available, we’ve also built our reputation as the top deck builder in Southeast Michigan. Owner Jamie Ruddy received his degree in Building Construction Management from Michigan State University and went onto amass years of hands-on building experience as his company grew. Jamie is personally involved in overseeing the construction of each and every deck from the design process to the finished product. Jamie’s deck expertise is built on extensive training and certification in several composite deck materials. He is also a certified Trex Platinum pro deck installer. Cedar Works is made up of a committed crew of deck builders who will bring years of experience to your deck project....

Jose Construction Services

Jose Construction Services

We are a family based business that specializes in all types of masonry work that includes brick, block and stone. We have been in business for over 20 years doing anything from custom homes, repairs to commercial work. There is no job too small or too big. We aim to exceed our customers expectations every time.

03/11/2021

It was incredible. They were really good. The guy was so smart, they knew what they were doing and they were very professional. They were very knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
One board needs to be replaced. They came back and fixed a minor issue on my deck.

CATEGORY deck cleaning

10/09/2020

The crew did a good job from beginning to end. My frame is sagging, and sometimes the water is leaking into the house under heavy rain. They took care of both. They know what they are doing and exceeded my expectation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing my 20+ year old cedar deck with Trex Composite

03/14/2020

Jamie and his crew were wonderful to work with. He gave us a clear estimate of the work to be done. Since we live in a condo, we had association guidelines to comply with and Jamie was great in making suggestions to both meet those guidelines and give us the beautiful deck we envisioned. The professionalism of both Jamie and his workers was outstanding.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We replaced a second story deck on our condo with Trex.

06/06/2019

I'm super happy with our deck! I'm not sure if we got just lucky to have Chad (one of the crew staff who actually built decks) work on our deck, but the quality and craftsmanship he and his team put in is so precise, beyond our expectation - we are really impressed. I think his standards and "common sense" are so high that we did not have to tell him anything while the deck was being built. He did...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck (new)

05/23/2019

Had an appointment for them to come out today. They call 40 minutes before appointment to cancel. Apparently my project was too small.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed board for board deck replacement.

CATEGORY decks

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry but Cedar Works does not do repairs. Our office manager was not aware it was for a board replacement. When we realized that we gave you a call to let you know. If we can help you with anything in the future please let us know.

Custom deck builder, cedar, replacement, resurfacing, pavers, roofing, sun rooms, gazebos & basement remodeling.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available