R & M Service

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

387 E Fenn Rd

COLDWATER, MI 49036

We pride ourselves in being your one stop company that can take care of your heating, cooling, plumbing and fireplace problems in one call! We are licensed and insured in all areas. We carry most parts either in our trucks or at our shop so we are not always having to wait for days for distributors to get them to us. Our crews come to your home in a clean nice trucks and uniform shirts that set us apart. Call us first and you will be so happy you did! Additional email - info@randmservice.com. Additional contact name - Christopher Stevens. Award winning....

10/29/2021

Sean G.

Horrible! I wouldn’t recommend them to flip burgers! It is very very upsetting (as a decorated Veteran) to see a business use the word “Veteran” to enhance or build their business and then treat veterans in such a disgusting manner! I called this “business” to come and take care of three issues I was having. I gave detailed accounts of each and what needed to be done to correct them and stated I just simply didn’t have the time otherwise I would have done it myself. (A mistake I am still paying for). At the first visit the technician arrived completely unprepared to perform any of the tasks I detailed. He didn’t have the materials or tools. He claimed he could do ONLY one of the jobs and if I bought the parts. So I stopped what I was doing and drive to town to get them while he sat in my driveway on his phone. When I returned he began to installed them. But only after I had to cut an access port in because he either wouldn’t or couldn’t? The parts needed was a kit. (A tub plumbing assembly with overflow) Upon completion, I asked if he had leaked checked. Which he claimed he did. (Which I would learn later was a lie) he returned several days later to work on the AC (which is still not repaired nor have I ever received the replacement quote I asked for). He returned again to replace the plumbing on a pressure tank that began leaking worse than before he worked on it requiring a return visit to repair and since then the hiring of a “professional” organization to return and rework the mess he made all together! Now back to the tub. Weeks later the tub was used and leaked so badly it caused water damage to the floor, ceiling to the floor below it, and the one below it, as well as damage to two separate door frames! It took several calls for them to send someone out. The same tech that installed it was sent! This is where the dishonesty and unprofessionalism reached a whole new level!! The tech realizing he installed the overflow seal upside down purposely damaged the seal and claimed that manufacturing defect caused the leak not the incorrect installation. (( something another professional organization has disproven by replication both actions and finding ONLY the incorrect installation to be the cause of so much water damage)) Even after his attempts at dishonesty and lose of personal integrity, the tech was unprepared to correct the problem and once again I had to purchase and provide the parts for him to do it right. (Which I have NEVER been reimbursed for). I contacted the owner with my concerns and he assured me he would be out to investigate. HE HAS YET TO BE HERE MONTHS LATER! He made claims that he called me and left messages - however I pulled my phone records to prove that a lie. He said he would be out on Sept 24 with an insurance adjuster to review the damage and has yet to come out or call!! I have spoke to a lawyer in regards to the whole situation with promising feedback. If anyone would like to see pictures of their horrible work - the water damage - or the purposely damaged part they claimed was manufacturing, I will gladly send them to you. If you hire them I can only say GOOD LUCk

Description of Work
Furnace - Plumbing - AC work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

10/20/2014

Susan E.

Would never recommend them to do anything again.

Description of Work
Repairman came out to my mom's house last December 2013 to check blower on fireplace. He removed blower and was going to take it back to office and order new one. We were told it should be in and be installed soon. Called office couple of weeks later and told not in yet. Made several more calls just to be told it wasn't in yet then told yes it was in and they schedule appt to install it only to be called back later and told no it wasn't in. They came back out several months after that and were suppose to build something to put around the chimney. They were going back to shop to build this and would come back out to install it. Never heard from them again. This is a terrible way to run a business and I feel they really took us for a ride as my mom paid quite a bit of money for absolutely NOTHING. I ended up calling Dr. Flue out of Tecumseh. They came out cleaned fireplace, painted back wall that had rusted from water coming down chimney, checked everything out and ordered a new generic blower and they were back 2 weeks later and installed blower and her fireplace is finally up and running after waiting since last December for R & M to do the job. I would never recommend them to do anything for us ever again. They want people to shop local which we always try to do but in this case when they do such a rotten job you have no other choice but to go out of town to get resolution to problem.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,fireplaces

07/01/2014

Robin B.

I am still with them. They were 2 guys for heating and cooling. They were very good. They are going to be here in 4 weeks and also install fireplaces. They are going to put a new fireplace in my house. It was general cleaning and had an issue with the way the furnace had been right. They got it all fixed. It was a bad switch in the thermostat. The price was covered. They are jolly on the spot when there is ever a problem whether there is something going wrong. If you lose your hate or cool, they come right away. It never cause me any reason to think of anybody else.

Description of Work
I used R & M Service for heating & a/c service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the great review!

06/03/2014

lorraine S.

he checked the a/c for all problems and replaced a part and its running very good He also checked my rooftop a/c but that is not something they really work on since this is a mobile home. He also advised me on my hot water tank to correct a problem. Very punctual,, and professional.

Description of Work
replaced the capacitor for my a/c

09/19/2013

Robin B.

Anything that goes wrong with your heating or plumbing they come fast and get you back up and running. They were my first call when we got here. They do excellent work.

Description of Work
They replaced our furnace and did some service work.Anything that goes wrong with your heating or plumbing they come fast and get you back up and running.

08/20/2013

sandy B.

I had a little bit of trouble having them return my calls. But as far as their expertise and quality of their work those were both very high.

Description of Work
We used them to install a wood-burning fireplace insert.

Category fireplaces

05/29/2013

James J.

This company several items: 1) Replaced a mobile home type water heater with a direct vent and placed it in the basement. Needed all new copper 2) unhooked 2 propane fireplaces and moved them to the basement, we will be selling these 3) replaced vanity sinks and toilets in both bathrooms 4) unhooked and moved stove while renovating 5) several other odd jobs that required plumbing and gas specialists we have used them several times over the last 4-5 weeks: excellant service and cleanup after job: direct vent water heaters with propane are more pricely. but long term advantageeous

Description of Work
This company several items: 1) Replaced a mobile home type water heater with a direct vent & placed it in the basement. Needed all new copper 2) unhooked 2 propane fireplaces and moved them to the basement, we will be selling these 3) replaced vanity sinks and toilets in both bathrooms 4) unhooked and moved stove while renovating 5) several other odd jobs that required plumbing and gas specialists

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

03/06/2013

Harriett C.

Very prompt. Took just a few hours. Cleaned everything up afterwards.

Description of Work
installed new furnace. Treated me with respect.

11/27/2012

Jerry N.

Very satisified, have had R and M do work for me before, and would again

Description of Work
I visited the Fireplace Show Room at R & M Service to see about up grading my fireplace to a gas insert, for more ease of use and getting more heat for my dollar. There were several units on display and working, and I was able to find a gas insert I liked. They came out mesured my fireplace, checked out the avilbility of gas and electric to my fireplace. I felt the price was right, and had R & M do the work. Two weeks later I had my upgraded fireplace, and couldn't be happier. Service was great, price was right, and the installation went smoothly. At the samr time R & M cleaned and tuned my furnace, so I'm all set for winter. Very Happy!!!!!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,fireplaces

03/24/2012

Janelle M.

They were very prompt. My experience has been very good so far. The price is a little lower than everyone else. They wrote the estimate up very professionally. He stated what repairs were needed and how much each would cost.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate to repair some plumbing lines in our home.

Category plumbing