Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating And Cooling

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2010

Since 1980, Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating And Cooling has served Southeast Michigan with exceptional work at fair and affordable rates. What began as a small commercial electrical business has since diversified to include all the services you need under one roof. Because Hoover is a one-stop

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

4.2

electrician (126)plumbers (79)HVAC Companies (33)water heaters (10)drain cleaning (9)lighting (8)sewer cleaning (1)gas leak repair (1)appliance repair (16)home remodeling (5)landscape lighting (2)

06/17/2022

Barbara R.

2 years ago, We had a house fire and our contractor skipped out on us. Needless to say we had to take things in our own hands. We decided to hire hoover to do all the work needed. They had to do all the plumbing from scratch.. run all the pipes and connector etc. Same thing with the electricity and of course install the furnace,water heating the works. It was a huge project and they were so awesome. Donny the electrician went up and above for us. He even installed all my light switches for me. He was there whenever I had a question. He was awesome. Josh the plumber was beyond amazing. He dealt with all my indecision moving pipes around etc. He even came back 2 months later to finish installing my kitchen sink . We were waiting on the countertop to be put in. And then John was my hvac guy he put in my furnace and air conditioning unit. He actually came back to help when I couldn't figure out the thermostat. These guys went through a lot with us and they were always friendly and helpful. Then Victoria was the woman who pulled all my permits. She was wonderful. Then we can't forget Rachael she is the receptionist. She was super helpful in scheduling appointments for me so accommodating to our schedule or if I just had a question. I cannot say enough about this company. We could not have made it through this without them. If your wondering don't hesitate hire this wonderful group of people. Hoover electric heating and cooling..

Description of Work
Electric,plumbing and hvac

Category appliance repair, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, water heater repair, home remodeling, gas leak repair, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

01/19/2022

Sonya B.

Contractor Shane was excellent. It went very well.

Description of Work
Upgrade a panel

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

07/29/2021

Christopher D.

Blake and team are awesome. NONE BETTER! Took care of all our sewer line issues. Very professional and clean. Love the included camera feed video. BIG PLUS. Team Hoover ROCKS!!!

Description of Work
Sewer and Waste line camera feed and cleanup.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/29/2021

07/01/2021

Phaedra S.

Everything what fine, no problems at all. Mr. Esteban Martinez was very professional and polite.

Description of Work
Checking plumbing and quote a price

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

05/21/2021

robert P.

Very satisfied with their work. price is good and everything is good

Description of Work
Plumbing and electrical works

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

03/08/2021

Kyle A.

Wouldn't tell me ball park cost over phone. I would have to pay $60 for someone to show up and tell me how much they'd charge whether I hired them or not. I asked what their minimum charge is for less than an hour of work. They wouldn't tell me. Having no way of knowing whether it's $100 or $500 or $1000 ahead of time, I'm not going to agree to pay $60 just to find that out.

Description of Work
Needed an outlet wired using fully functional existing wiring

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

03/02/2021

Meikun F.

Very professional. excellent communication.

Description of Work
Bath tub pipe repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

03/01/2021

Jen C.

I can’t say enough about Dustin- he was super knowledgeable, polite & professional. He explained in detail what the issues were (one was way worse than I knew) and gave me several repair options. I learned a few things about plumbing from his explanations. I would absolutely hire him again!

Description of Work
Drain replacement & fix leak in bathroom

Work Completed On 02/28/2021

02/19/2021

Linda M.

It went very well as usual with this company! The technicians are friendly, professional efficient! No complaints!

Description of Work
Installation of garbage disposal and yearly plumbing inspection!

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

02/10/2021

Nancy P.

Very thorough, courteous and knowledgeable. Great service.

Description of Work
Check Fuses and provide quote for replacement

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

02/09/2021

Deborah R.

They were here and fixed it and it works great. The guys were very polite and speedy

Description of Work
Bathroom sink wouldn’t drain

Work Completed On 02/09/2021

02/03/2021

Charles S.

I normally do not do long reviews (if any at all). Furnace went out last night. Of course it’s February and freezing temps outside! Next morning, I thought for sure any Company that I call to come out same day, I was probably going to be ‘taken for a ride’. And I’d pay. No heat. Winter. House freezing! My niece recommended Hoover Electric Plumbing Heating and Cooling. I called. Explained situation. They said someone would call me back. Chris M. called me back. He said they could schedule a visit for tomorrow. They close at 5pm. I told him I get off work around 5pm and could be home by 5:15pm. And he said yes! He was willing to wait after hours to help. Finished work. Drove home. The messaging, and text service from Hoover was a nice touch. You know exactly where and what time they are arriving. I was told by Amy in Office it was a $80 Service Fee to come out. And that any work done, the $80 fee would be applied towards bill. I’m thinking ‘$80? Not bad. Same day. Technically after hours! What’s the catch?’ Chris came out. Very polite. Very professional. Punctual. 5:14pm. He went to basement and started on Furnace. Said to me, ‘this usually takes anywhere from 30-45mins to diagnose the problem’. I was thinking, ‘Oh boy, here it comes!’ My furnace is only 9 years old, but I was still expecting to pay $250-300 minimum. 35 mins later, Chris tells me ‘your furnace is back on’. He had checked out the unit from A-Z. Found a clogged tube. Cleaned it. Put it back in. Heat! Glorious heat! We discussed some other things I was thinking about: new water heater, duct cleaning etc. He writes up an estimate for everything I ask for. Tells me they also do 0% financing and one year same as as cash. I’m thinking ‘nice’. Also thinking, ‘what’s he getting out of this?’ I ask him. ‘So, your commission based, right?’ He says, ‘nope. I’m hourly. Makes no difference to me whether you decide to upgrade, or what type of unit. I get paid the same’. Now that’s an awesome thing! Not being pressured or fear talked into ‘upgrading’ into something that I may not need. He shows me my invoice for work done. $80. Total.That’s it! My faith is restored in finding such an honest and ethical HVAC Company! I will be recommending Hoover Electric Plumbing & H/C to all my family and friends! And, Chris... thank you! I’m grateful. And your Company now has another loyal Customer! ~Charles S.

Description of Work
Furnace went out.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

Review for Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating And Cooling - 41800 Hayes Rd, Clinton Township, MI - 39171838

01/02/2021

Daniel P.

Excellent! Will definitely hire again! Reasonable service charge rates, Reasonable fees, pleasant people, fast response time.

Description of Work
Clogged drain opened

Work Completed On 01/02/2021

12/19/2020

Carol T.

Great! I'll definitely will be calling on Hoover again

Description of Work
Dryer Vent connection

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/17/2020

Lisa M.

Wonderfully! Very professional and responsive. Explained everything that was going to be done and asked if we had any other questions.

Description of Work
Fixing kitchen sink

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

12/10/2020

Carol T.

EXCELLENT! I'll be contacting Hoover again for other jobs in the future

Description of Work
Gas line for gas dryer.

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

11/09/2020

Tim H.

Excellent. Donnie was knowledgeable, courteous and professional. We were so pleased with his service we requested an estimate for future work!

Description of Work
Diagnose problem with garbage disposal. Re-attach bad switch.

Category appliance repair, electrician

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/02/2020

Beverly P.

It went great. The technician Jared was great.

Description of Work
New electric panel, install ceiling fan and dining room light

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/26/2020

Elise H.

They did an amazing job and I would definitely hire them again. They were out in an instant as I had an emergency situation. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They did plumbing work for me.

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

09/29/2020

Angie P.

John did a fantastic job. Can't say enough good things about him and Hoover. This was my first time with Hoover and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Annual furnace inspection.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/18/2020

Tim H.

Dustin was knowledgeable, professional, polite and timely. Hoover was able to schedule Dustin to come to my home to repair the emergency leak in my refrigerator water line and replace my faulty water main valves when competitor plumbing companies could not. I’m pleased and impressed with Dustin and Hoover and I will use them again in the future, as needed!

Description of Work
Update refrigerator water line and water main shut off valves.

Cost $1,319.75

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

07/06/2020

Kathryn A.

On time, polite, professional and provided a quote that was reasonable.

Description of Work
Quote for city water hook-up

Category drain cleaning