Budget Basements

Founded 1997 • With Angi since March 2011

43638 Elizabeth Rd

Clinton Township, MI 48036

With over 20 years of experience in the industry ,Budget Basements is available for all your remodeling needs. We’ll help you update that dull kitchen or bath with custom cabinetry and counter tops and add new color and design with unlimited styles of tile, sinks and faucets. We can also transform your basement into a usable living space that will exceed your dreams. We’re here to help you design a complete finished basement with game room, organized storage closets, exercise room, work room, kitchen, media room, wet bar, and extra bathroom. Our goal is to make your project exceed all your expectations. We offer 6.99% for 5 years also 12 months same as cash with approved credit....

02/20/2020

Scott D.

We just had our basement finished by Budget Basements. I recommend them very highly. I have worked with many contractors over the years and can honestly say that Phil has been the best by far. We met with Phil, outlined what we wanted, he sent us pricing and drawings then we proceeded, very simple and straightforward. I had 3 quotes and Phil was right in the middle. I hired him based on previous on line reviews and made a great decision. We made a few changes on the fly, no issues at all. He completed the job in about 6 weeks and it would have been less had the building inspectors not been on holiday for Christmas break. I received daily calls from Phil regarding the status of the job and what was scheduled for the day and week. His crew was skilled and conscientious. Jordan and Julio did the framing and other tasks, their work was excellent. After they completed the framing I inspected with a level and tape, every single board was perfect. Plumbing, HVAC, painting and electrical contractors were equally as skilled. Every night the basement was cleaned as much as possible. Everyone who worked on the job was excellent. Drywall was screwed, not nailed, Phil requested I contact the initial builder of the condo and get the floor molding supplier to match the rest of the house. These are just a couple of the small details that made the job go from good to great. Our basement looks fantastic and we couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Complete Basement Remodel

09/03/2019

Brandon D.

Phil and his crew were great to work with. Great communication, always on time, and very easy to work with. He transformed our unfinished basement into exactly what we were looking for. Phil made it easy to reach out to him with questions or unplanned design changes. I had a good feeling after the initial consult and I'm glad we went with Budget Basements. Thanks Phil!

Description of Work
Full Basement Remodel

08/31/2018

Christina D.

Phil was fantastic!! By far the best contractor I have worked with. The project went just as scheduled, and budgeted for. His workers were respectful and cleaned up after themselves every day they were here. My basement looks great and is exactly what I'd hoped it would be. I have received multiple compliments!!

Description of Work
Finished Basement

03/30/2018

Judith H.

Phil and his crew are such nice people to work with. I had some walls put up, drywall, pot lights installed, electrical panel upgrades, ceiling sprayed black, banister installed. It looks beautiful and the added living space will be very nice! I would go to this company first for basement remodeling. The whole thing was done in 2 weeks...efficient and the guys were very competent. I'm a very happy customer!!!

Description of Work
Finish my basement .

Timothy K.

I could not be happier with the overall project and the work performed. Whatever I write in this review will not fully express the appreciation I have for the integrity, effort and the quality of the work performed by Phil Polansky, the owner of Budget Basements. I can "brag" that I have a basement designed, and constructed by Phil and his employees and his contracted associates. It is somewhat similar to what people might say when they have a Frank Lloyd Wright designed and built home; I have a basement designed and built by Phil Polansky.

Description of Work
Cooperatively Plan, Design and Finish Basement.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,plumbing,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

Ann K.

We are perfectly happy with them. We have no complaints whatsoever. They remodeled our basement, started from scratch cause the basement was unfinished. They put up walls and flooring, kitchen and bathroom. They did the whole thing. Electrical, plumbing, they did the whole thing. They basically gave me an entire new house. My basement is an apartment. Basements is what they do. Basements are what they do and they do it well. I have no problem recommending them to anybody. They were right in the middle. We got 5 quotes. There were a couple that were a little bit lower. There were two that were higher. They were right in the middle. I feel like we paid around $45000 all together. It was right on the budget quoted. A couple of items went over budget but we knew it would and a couple of items were under budget. Overall it was right inline with what they told us it would be. Their office is only couple of miles away from the house so the owner Phil, he was here everyday. He called all the time, checked in with us. If had to call him, which I did once or twice with a question, he called me back within an hour, so they were very responsive. They told me the work would start at 8 on the first and at 7:45 they were pulling into my driveway. The guy is a pro. He knows what he's doing and he knows how to deal with people. He said he'll do kitchen too, but he doesn't do kitchen designs. He does basement designs and setup. He said he'll do our kitchen if somebody else does the design.

Description of Work
I used Budget Basements to complete my basement.

Ann K.

Mid-February, I think we started the process. He came to the house. He took measurements. He took some pictures. He asked me what are you picturing, what would you like. a week or two later, we went to his office and he had some designs drawn up and you know we made a few tweaks here and there but within a month of him coming to do the estimate we were ready to start doing the work. No cost for the estimate but we did had to pay for permits.

Description of Work
Budget Basements provided a quote and design ideas.

07/13/2017

Keith B.

Phil and his crew are the best of the best. Being military retired my standards are high when it comes to attention to detail, punctuality, honesty and integrity. Phil and his dynamic team met and exceed my high standards in my basement remodeling project. Each phase of work projects (prep, drywall, duck work, electrical, city inspectors, etc) was planned and coordinated with precision and attention to detail. Communication (day and night) was superb and addressed promptly. If I had a thought, concern or question and e-mailed or texted Phil after hours he responded promptly. He was always on the clock and readily available for his customers. Lastly, my wife is a gifted decorator with many changing ideas throughout the project. Phil worked with her and always was professional in addressing changes and providing outstanding advisement, even if it was contrary to what was being requested. Phil was a little higher than the two other quotes I received prior to the job, but due to his great work I never regretted the few extra bucks for the type of quality work. Even the various city inspectors all commented on the outstanding work Phil and his crew had done. This made us feel that more assured that we made the right choice. The comments we have gotten about the basement from friends and family have all been sublime and laudatory in praise.

Description of Work
Complete basement remodel. Bathroom w/shower and kitchenette area (minus stove).

06/18/2017

Ann K.

Phil, at Budget Basements, helped us to design, refine, and realize a wonderful "man cave." My husband and I have undertaken a number of renovations, and we both agree that this project was one of the smoothest, most successful projects we've ever engaged in. The job was completed, with high quality, ahead of schedule, and on budget. The process was as close to painless as any construction project can be, and the results are wonderful. We'd hire Budget Basements again, and are happy to recommend them to anyone!

02/17/2017

Brendan B.

Phil was great to work with and made sure all details were to our liking. Very well priced and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

RIES WELL DRILLING, INC.

Since 1983 our family-owned business has provided Southeast, Michigan with Water Well Drilling and Well Repair Services. Your water well issue will be quickly addressed on time and in budget thanks to our prompt and affordable services. We accept Check, Cash, VISA, M/C and DISCOVER

Your Painter

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Walls N All Painting LLC

Along with great customer service we offer - complete interior & exterior painting, cabinet refinishing, staining of all woodwork and staircasings. Drywall repairs, light drywall installation, and pre-finished hardwood floor installations. Exterior wood and siding replacement. (About our company) We are a full service interior and exterior painting company. We offer Financing, FREE estimates, and price matching. The owner is a second generation painter after his grandfather. He have been in the industry for over 26 yrs. Customer satisfaction and quality is our highest priority. He will be the one that you talk to to set up the quote and the one you will meet with when the quote is given. We have a (Quality Control Manager) to insure the highest quality and superior customer satisfaction for every project. He will be in constant contact with you from start to finish. We can set you up with a color consultant to help you pick out your colors from the interior to the exterior. Our company has won the Angie's List super service award every year for over 10yrs. Call us to see why so many have hired our company and continue to use our services. 248-830-4779.

Offers by Walls N All Painting LLC on Angi