Custom Temperature Control

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2006

158 S Rochester Rd

Clawson, MI 48017

Custom Temperature Control is a Michigan Heating, Air Conditioning, Heat Pump, and furnace repair, service, replacement and maintenance company located in Oakland County. Custom Temperature Control will send you only the best technician for air conditioner or furnace repair as well as all air

01/07/2021

Kim M.

They never contacted me after I put in the estimate request. I won't use them.

Description of Work
Heating duct repair

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/26/2019

Jeffery S.

We bought a "fixer upper" in Troy in the summer of 2018 and the entire HVAC system was 20+ years old. After doing a lot of research I decided I wanted an American Standard Furnace and AC system because consumer reports rated them as the most reliable brand. Tony was one of the few contractors that offered American Standard Products. I took bids from 5 different contractors for the furnace and hot water heater. Tony came out himself to look around and give the initial bid. He was very personable and was happy to answer all my questions. And I will tell you honestly I had a lot of questions. I meticulously researched Furnaces and Hot water heaters before I was ready to drop thousands of dollars. Tony emailed me back and forth 3 or 4 times answering questions before I finally awarded Custom Temperature Control the contract. Installation of the furnace and hot water heater was mostly problem free. I do give honest reviews so I will say there was one issue. When I brought this up to Tony, he came out himself the next morning to rectify it. 6 months later summer was approaching and it was time for a new AC system. Once again I did a lot research and took bids for several contractors. Once again Tony came out for more than an hour and went over my questions with me. Once gain he followed that with about 3 or 4 email exchanges providing answers to my detailed questions. And once again he was the lowest bid… by far. For an identical set of AC coils and compressor his bid was between $400 and $1,000 less than the other contractors. The other contractors had quality reviews on Angie’s list as well, but not as many total reviews as Tony. He also included a new a line, something the other contractors wanted to charge me additional money for (or use the old line which I read was not a safe bet). Installation of the AC system went smoothly. It’s clear to me Tony beats out his competitors on price, customer service, and customer satisfaction. One other thing that I like about Tony is that he offers multiple HVAC brands. Most places only offer 1 brand. Tony offers as many as 5 if I recall correctly. To me this says he puts the customer first because he is willing to offer a variety of choices instead of pushing one brand. I would recommend Custom Temperature Control to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Installation of a new 50 gallon hot water heater, new 96,000 btu High efficiency furnance & blower, new AC coils, and a new 4 ton AC compressor

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for taking time to submit such a comprehensive review. We are so glad that you are pleased with the outcome. We appreciate your business and referrals.

04/09/2019

ANTHONY F.

Competitively priced Annual Service package. They arrived on time and provided me with great information on what they found and how to improve my efficiency of equipment. Highly recommend this service package @ $179 for the year to check your furnace and air conditioner. Will provide you with priority servicing if equipment ever defective. In addition, will give you 20% off hardware to repair whatever wrong.

Description of Work
Annual Maintenance on Furnace & Air Conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business.

03/31/2019

Jin Z.

Overall satisfied. No complains at all. Will have them on my contact for future HVAC works.

Description of Work
Replaced a bad induced motor

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review.

01/21/2019

Joseph F.

Some days you are just lucky. Back in January 8, 2018 I called 3 boiler furnace recommendations from Angie’s list and Anthony Garrish at Custom Temperature said he was certain they would be interested and a boiler heating expert would contact me promptly. Three hours later MO KLANG called and repaired the furnace immediately with the parts on his truck. MO's work was superior to excellent. Boiler furnaces in residential homes are not that numerous and after 30 years of experience with heating companies who " oh yes we service boiler furnaces" but really possess a minimum superficial knowledge MO is truly a craftsman. And even more good news his prices are competitive with the others. We were lucky to get an outstanding company and employees .

Description of Work
replace furnace motor coupling

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind words!

10/21/2018

Guy B.

pulled motor , remount fan to motor shaft. also cleaned and adjust gas burners.

Description of Work
blower noise

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your business!

10/01/2018

Lincoln M.

Tony, the owner/president, personally attended to my furnace repair. It was a pleasure talking to him and having him point out a number of features of my furnace, including the flashing light on the circuit board which indicates what type of problem you may have. He also called his company to check with Amana to confirm that my 9 year old furnace was still under warranty, then replaced my induction motor and saved me hundreds of dollars. It was noisy so it would probably have gone out right after the 10 year warranty period. I highly recommend CTC.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

09/25/2018

Nancy S.

They come whenever they need to and I have recommend them to at least ten other people. They are wonderful.

Description of Work
They've put in my new HVAC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your referrals and for being our customer/friend. We value both!!

09/24/2018

Richard G.

Custom Temperature Control, since first installing my furnace and A/C in 2011, has become one of my favorite contractors. I now use them for twice yearly system maintenance, and they have also performed warranty repairs. Everyone I've ever dealt with at Custom Temp., from owner (Tony) to office (Jackie) to skilled technician (Moe) have been a real pleasure to work with. Same with original install crew - they were very good too. Prices are reasonable, quality is exceptional. Work is always done right the first time, never any cleanup necessary. Scheduling has always been quick and painless too. And, maybe most importantly, everyone there communicates with everybody else. I've always gotten my questions answered clearly and honestly. They've even done some post-install improvements to improve the system without my asking (that always especially impressed me). Now, 7 years later, my system is running just as well as the day of install. And that system itself, which they helped me decide on, has considerably improved both the comfort of the house and the energy usage. Now, 7 years later, I especially appreciate the effort they initially put into sizing the system and helping me through the choices (2-stage, dc motor, high efficiency, etc.) So, in short, I'm a completely satisfied customer and consistently recommend them to my neighbors.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

WOW! Thanks so much for your individual shout outs! Tony is a wonderful boss and makes coming to work and performing to the best of our ability a pleasure. Have a "warm", healthy winter!!

09/20/2018

LAWRENCE B.

I'm reviewing ten years after the installation. All went well at the time and I haven't had any trouble since. I still use Custom Temperature Control for routine maintenance. I only needed them once for a repair and they quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem. I only have 1 minor complaint. I had trouble finding a filter for my previous furnace so I specifically asked how available filters were for my new furnace. I was told that I could find filters at any hardware store and Custom Temp. kept them in stock. That turned out not to be true. Fortunately, the filters are available online (not cheap) and that's where I get them. This isn't a deal breaker

Description of Work
New furnace and A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind review! Your loyalty is very important to us.

09/10/2018

Michael K.

Very happy with the work performed by Tony and his crew. Reason I went with them over my other quotes was that Tony pointed out a number of other problems with my system and fixed all of them during installation. The other companies didn't even notice them and even I could see that they would have affected my system's performance. Tony was very thorough with with his initial inspection and provided a detailed quote. He offered a number of options and made his recommendations, but wasn't high pressure at all like some of the others and explained everything in-depth. The installer, Ron, was professional and thorough. It was a two-day job and they cleaned everything up upon completion. Tony stopped by several times to oversee the installation. The inspectors commented that it was some of the best work they had seen and one said that he used Custom for his house based on their quality of work. Price was very fair for the amount of work and units I chose and competitive with my other quotes. AC has worked perfectly ever since and just waiting for the cold to hit and start up the furnace. Very satisfied and feel I made the right choice. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New Furnace & AC Unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to give us such an in depth review. We are so happy that you're happy! Angie's List customers are the best.

07/02/2018

Ted H.

It went great. It was about 90 degrees out and he came out found the issue right away. He was very professional and skilled. Price was quite reasonable. House is nice and cold now. I put the sticker of this companies business on the air conditioning intake and will call them first on any issue. A+ work.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

03/17/2018

Maria T.

Went excellent, I was able to schedule an appointment the same day I called. The technician was really friendly and knowledgeable, he made sure my furnace was working properly and safely. He also checked my dryer vent and replace the pipe that is hooked tho the exhaust. This work was not planned but he still did it without having to come another day. His work was clean and neat. I would definitely call them again for any of my HVAC needs, this has been a good experience!

Description of Work
Furnace check up and dryer vent cleaning and changing of the

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

We cant thank you enough for #1 finding and calling us and #2 taking the time to give us an excellent rating on AList. We strive for excellence and thank you for your kind words.

01/05/2018

David R.

The technician showed up at the scheduled appointment time and started working immediately. He was very professional, and offered me many good tips for improving efficiencies and reducing energy costs. He also explained what he was doing and answered all of my questions. I would definitely hire Custom Temperature Control in the future!

Description of Work
Humidifier Insallation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the great review. Always happy to have an Angie's List member as a new customer.

12/28/2017

Bob S.

I called Custom Temperature Control when my furnace went out on one of the coldest days of the year, near the end of their work day. Seeing that this was an emergency, the gentlemen that took my call immediately re-routed a technician to my location to address the problem. The repairman arrived quickly and went right to work. He identified the issue quickly and had my furnace running in no time. Their response was great and the cost was very fair. i guess that I have a new "go to guy" for all of my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Emergency furnace repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review our service and let others know who to call.

11/17/2017

Denise W.

They came for two whole days and made sure everything was done before the job was over. There were two guys and they were both wonderful. Task oriented, no short cuts, very nice. I will certainly use them again.

Description of Work
replaced AC & heating unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your "NEW" business. It was a pleasure working in your home. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to servicing your friends and family!! Happy Holidays.

11/09/2017

John H.

Great experience! Knowledgeable, friendly and did a great job.

Description of Work
Furnace motor needed to be replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business and great review. We love having new customers and "friends". Have a warm winter and holiday season as well.

11/05/2017

Karla C.

Perfect, Ron and Steve did a great job. They did the job in 2 days 1st day they came and got the heat turned on with the new furnace and he 2nd day hooked up the AC. They installed a basement cold air return and new exhaust pipe, They upgraded the outside power receptacle to code as well. The owner Tony came and quoted the job and he returned the day they started the work with all the city permits required to do the job. Everything was done right and they are very trust worthy.

Description of Work
New High efficiency Furnace and AC with cold air return put in basement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

WOW!! AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOU KIND WORDS!! It's customers like you that make us love our jobs and look forward to coming to work. We appreciate your business and hope you stay toasty warm this winter!!

10/14/2017

Aki H.

Custom Temperature Control has completed a new AC system installation for my house. Tony confirmed the estimate appointment on the phone, showed up on time, and gave me a couple of options to select from. I'll be honest. I also had several quotes from installers before I picked Custom Temperature Control for the job. Reasons that they stood out are: Custom Temperature Control found my existing parts meeting their installation requirements and did not sell unnecessary new parts. When I called them a couple of times with questions, they were there to answer. Installers were on time on the installation day and Tony also came out to make sure that everyone was on the same page with the installation plan. Although I have challenging basement walls with semi finished walls, they managed to put lines without any wall damage. They also had plan B and C if walls were going to be in the way. Installers were professional and I had no problem joining a conference call when I was working from home that day. I am happy that I hired Custom Temperature Control. They truly focused on what I wanted. Additional points go out to Tony and Randy for loving my pup : -)

Description of Work
New AC install

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] thanks for taking the time to post a review for us. I enjoyed meeting with you and seeing this project through. I am so happy that you are pleased. Tony

10/11/2017

Christina W.

Horrible experience. I contacted for a quote for a new HVAC unit. They scheduled quickly, was on time and seemed knowledgeable. I never received the quote and had to follow up a couple times. Finally made contact and they requested some additional info. Sent, again had to follow up a couple times to finally get the quote. Was competitive and solved some challenges we were having. Few weeks pass and I contact them to schedule a walk through of the plan with the contractor as we wanted to move forward with install. Took them a week to get back to m. They advise me the quote was rescinded and had an error (basically the solution I thought they were offering wasn't available). I responded to ask them how we could resolve it and to meet with the contractor and no response. Total waste of my time. Not only an hour for the walk through/quote but all the time I wasted back and forth I had to get all new quotes from everyone to move forward with the project. Put us weeks behind. Horribly unprofessional. If you don't want to do the job just say so and we won't waste our time with you!!

Description of Work
new HVAC and ductwork installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am sincerely sorry that I made your experience with Custom Temperature Control so horrible. I totally understand your disappointment as I would be disappointed in my performance also. Again I hope you were able to find someone to take care of your needs to your expectation. I will strive to improve and learn from this situation. Tony

09/27/2017

Rob D.

Custom Temperature Control did a really good job on replacing my furnace, AC, and water heater.

Description of Work
Numerous HVAC work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks [Member Name Removed] appreciate the review.

09/09/2017

Kirkland F.

Their price is competitive. They've been great to me for 7 or 8 years.

Description of Work
Heating and air services.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much. We appreciate having you!!

08/11/2017

Kellee M.

I called to let them know I'd be home earlier than I thought, and Moe came out ahead of schedule. He took care of everything in a few hours, including travel time to pick up the part. He answered all of my questions and made sure I felt comfortable with the work before he left. My home was completely cooled 15 mins after he left! Happy customer!

Description of Work
I had issues with my A/C unit in the middle of the summer and they got me on the schedule next day. They actually offered the day I called and I was going to a Tigers game and wouldn't be home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words and for positing for others to see how satisfied you are with our service. So happy you are cool once again!! Go Tigers!!

07/16/2017

Michael B.

Very prompt. Diagnosed a faulty thermostat and replaced it

Description of Work
Didn't know as furnace would not start

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

07/01/2017

Bryan S.

Well. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Initially trying to find a local service to help find out the problem with our broken A/C unit was tough, most places gave me an appointment 4-5 days out, including, custom temperature control. When I called them back to say I found another company who could service sooner, they countered with seeing me next day. They fulfilled their next day appointment and Tony (who has helped us in the past) recognized me being very friendly and professional. Tony did his diagnostics and testing to figure out our problem and described what he was doing, while informing me the options of what I was looking at $$ wise. Unfortunately, we needed the option that costed more, but Tony reassured that it was totally worth the 10-year warranty. The replacement and installment went well, no problems or hiccups that I was made aware of.

Description of Work
A/C replacement.