THE POOL GUYS

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2007

2.6

The Pool Guys LLC is a Southeastern Michigan swimming pool contractor. Established in 2000, we are licensed, insured and CPO (Certified Pool Operators). The Pool Guys LLC builds, repairs, and services above ground and in-ground pools including maintenance and complete renovation. We are financially secure, locally owned, and most importantly owner operated. Building nearly 160 above ground and in-ground pools annually, and servicing hundreds, we believe we are the most versatile and established builder, renovation and maintenance contractor within our local market....

Redbird Landscaping

Redbird Landscaping is a full service lawn maintenance and landscape design company. Offering many services for both commercial and residential clients. Our one main goal here at Redbird is to keep your lawn looking amazing, week in and week out. With a vast amount of experience in special projects and landscape design, Redbird has the means to make your landscaping dreams into a reality

TradeMark Lawn & Landscape

We are providers of construction services in the Detroit area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom needs to each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, TradeMark Lawn & Landscape has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism and customer service that our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Call us today and find out how we can meet all of your repair, replacement, and installation needs!

Offers by TradeMark Lawn & Landscape on Angi
SiteScape Inc

SiteScape, Inc. mission: is committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing unique and picturesque landscape designs that increase the value of both residential and commercial sites. Due to an overwhelming response, we are now happily scheduling projects that are $2,500 or more. We recognize that the single most important component of our business is our customers. You are the fuel that drives our success and we are committed to providing outstanding service to all of our clients. Design fees currently range from $500-$2500. Find us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/sitescapeinc

06/22/2021

April C.

I would NEVER recommend this company to install your pool. We got stuck with them because of the pandemic and couldn’t switch. If it wasn’t for that we wouldn’t have worked with them at all. First off, the communication is NON EXISTENT. We were given their name by the place we bought the pool from. We began calling them the first week of March to get an install date. We called and called and called and called. WEEKS later we got a call back. The guy said oh I’ll be out on Tuesday. Then Tuesday rolled around and he’d be out Thursday. Then Thursday he’d call and he would be out the next week. Then that next week turned into a week later and a MONTH afterward he finally came out. He told us he’d pull the permits and he’d start working on it as soon as he came in. Then crickets. Several texts, and phone calls went to them for status updates. NOTHING. Finally the pool store people reached out to them and behold the permits were in. They said they’ll come out the next week to begin work and a few days after for the install. SHOCKINGLY- that didn’t happen and we are three weeks out before they began the work. Over and over we were promised we’d have our pool up before memorial day but again, that did not happen. When the owner finally came out to dig we asked for a date and he told us he couldn’t give one because he has 70 other jobs that were “more important” than ours so he’d get back to us after those were done. Several weeks later he gave us a date only to yet again cancel it and push it back another week. We were told they’d install our pool the end of April and it’s mid-June before it was installed. One week after install the pool leaked. When we texted the owner about it we asked him to come out Monday. He said he’d be out Tuesday. He shockingly didn’t show up Tuesday. We are still waiting. Other than a pool leak we have construction issues- caps aren’t on right and the pool is bulged on one side. If you are thinking of having them install your pool THINK AGAIN- unless you enjoy being ghosted, constant date changes, not being able to actually swim in your pool and disappointment.

Description of Work
Pool install

07/27/2020

Colleen T.

This place was the absolute worst. I should have known better when it took me almost 2 weeks and multiple failed attempts to even come out and quote the pool. Every single step was a mess. They said they would pull the permit (you know, because it's the law). I paid them for a permit that they then told me was my responsibility to pay for. Todd decided on a whim to show up on 7/26/2020 unannounced. He sent the first text at 630 AM on a Sunday before just deciding to show up. He rang the doorbell scaring myself and my children. When Todd was over on 7/26/2020 he told me that it was "no big deal" to upgrade to a bigger pool. He then ran across multiple cable lines that he said were my responsibility to fix. Today comes. It's an additional 500$ to upgrade the pool that he tells me after doing the work. I told him it was really crappy business practice to tell me the quote increased after doing the work. He then proceeded to start screaming and swearing at me about how he would "tear all this **** down and pack his things up and leave". Todd is a big guy. He was using his size to intimidate me. My children were witnessing this and that's unacceptable. They tried to charge me 200 to install a light that wasn't in the original quote. They tried to charge me 4 % to use my credit card that wasn't in the original quote. They wouldn't build the ladder that came with the pool despite that not being in the quote either. Bottom line. This place is GARBAGE. Todd, you should be ashamed of yourself for the way you run your business. You trying to charge people extra and LYING is unacceptable. The way you try to upcharge people and intimidate them is unacceptable. Stay far, far away from Todd and the pool guys. I wish I would have paid more attention to the reviews. Todd and Laurie, you have lost a customer for life. STAY FAR FAR AWAY! Fill out a trash can if that's what it takes to avoid having the pool guys build your pool.

Description of Work
Above Ground Pool

06/05/2020

Martin H.

This company should be called the jerk around guys. Lori seems to be the only person that can be contacted, that is when she chooses to respond. They are never on time and I never know when they are coming. Apparently they feel the customer should be the ones inconvenienced because they are so busy. They put off my opening for weeks and even longer for the heater. Then one day I look in the back yard and there they are. They showed up one day when I wasn't home so they had to come back. No phone calls or texts letting me know. I'm not sure if Lori is overwhelmed? Maybe she needs help in the office scheduling and answering phones. I'm not sure if she is related to Todd but, you would think he would hire a communications person who actually had those skill sets. You never get to talk to anyone else. Gas line is in and heater is sitting next to the pool. Still waiting for the guy (I think his name is Rich) to come and hook up the heater and show us how it works. Nobody answering!!!

Description of Work
pool heater with gas line installed and pool opening.

06/03/2020

Colleen P.

I used these guys last year to open and close my pool. They recommended and installed a sand filter vs my cartridge because easier to maintain. Wasn’t super happy w opening as they do not scrub water line after opening or vacuum so I have this ring around my pool. I tried them again this year and same thing w stained water line. Todd, owner, said oh the chlorine in the water will take care of that when asked don’t they need to scrub the water line before pool fills. It didn’t, still stained water line. The next day after pool was filled I noticed quite a bit of debris in shallow end that looked like sand. When I called Todd to say I think there’s sand in my pool he’s said it’s probably something else. He took no accountability that the sand came from sand filter or to send someone to inspect. The sand ultimately flowed through to heater and ceased that up. Myself w A&F Heater called TPGs and spoke w Laurie more about the whole situation and she assured someone would call back. Never heard from anyone. Terrible company and no accountability.

Description of Work
Pool Opening

Category decks,pool cleaners

10/24/2018

Dean D.

This is a condensed account of my pool building journey with The Pool Guys LLC. If you choose to read through this review it will give you a real feel of what this process is like and how Justin and his team will interact with you during it. First off let me state that my Wife and I absolutely love our new pool! So, how did we get there? Let’s start off with the ability to make time for you even before you’re an actual client. Justin and I started conversations regarding pool designs and pricing back in October of 2016. Over the course of the next year and half my Wife and I tweaked our design and Justin stayed right there with us. He was always available for a phone call or even a visit when needed in order to finalize things. I’m a big believer in testing any contractor prior to entering into any contractual agreement with them so I know what I can expect from communications point of view. Once we agreed on the pool design and signed the contract they ordered the supplies required to build our pool. Justin kept me updated with estimated start date which was accurate! Let me also state that I’m a project manager by trade so I’m very much into schedules and timing and they were able to satisfy that requirement which is saying a lot! On to quality of build. Since I’m able to work from a home office three days a week I was able to observe the construction process and I have to say that these guys work very hard! Another benefit is that was able to speak to the city inspectors regarding the work being done and there wasn’t a one that didn’t speak highly if the work being done. As an example, for the footing of the pool they used more concrete than the city even requires. Another example is the amount of time that went into prepping the deck foundation. They had different workers compacting the base for solid day! I truly feel like that pool is built like it was in his own back yard. Now as we were nearing the end of the construction process I let Justin know that we were planning a pool opening party that coincided with another major milestone in the family. In order to make that happen Justin drove to the distribution center of the carrier that was supposed to deliver the liner to his warehouse to pick it up so that he had it to install before the weekend. Talk about going beyond to make your client happy! The last thing I can say is that sun decks absolutely rule!! Thank you The Pool Guys LLC!

Description of Work
New in-ground pool installation

07/16/2018

Kathleen N.

We have used these Guys for 6-7 years when they were first starting out. Loved their service and prices seemed reasonable. Spent approximately $16K+ in those years with them. We are in West Bloomfield and they are in Shelby. Had them scheduled for our normal opening of pool, but due to being across town they did not schedule us until 6/1. We confirmed appt. on 5/31. At 5:00 PM on 6/1, after waiting all day, they called to say they would not be coming out, ever again, due to being their only customer on west side of town. They left us hanging. Very, very unprofessional. The proper way would have been to "honor" their appt. with us and then informed us of the change to their policy at that time. Left messages for the owners, but never received a courtesy call back. Would say to everyone.......Buyer, beware! Once they have your money, there is, obviously, no loyalty.

Description of Work
Pool repair and annual pool maintenance

09/19/2016

David C.

Same as above. The pool has since been removed. It is not fair to the contractor or other members when Angie's List forces a member to rate a company who WAS NEVER EVEN CONTACTED in order to stop receiving reminders!

Description of Work
I was just looking at prospective pool repair contractors - I ended up NOT hiring anyone to repair the pool!

09/01/2016

Jerry K.

We recently used the Pool Guys to remove our old in-ground pool. They were very professional and hard working. They kept us informed of what they were going to do and when they were going to do it. If we had questions, they were there to answer them. We had great communications and received a great job at a fair market price. They did everything they said they were going to do and gave us a very satisfactory job. You couldn't do better than working with them.

Description of Work
In ground pool demolition

Category swimming pools

05/27/2015

Charles E R.

Called the pool guys to remove my pool, their sticker was on the side of the pool. Over the phone they stated they would drain the pool (which was full of bugs and what not into the sewer behind my house (I purchased a 6 month vacant foreclosed home). Turns out, they just tore open the pool and let it flood everywhere, flooding my yard and the neighbors lawn, ruining all of his plants. I called them and they proceeded to try and tell me that they drained the pool, as I was looking at the pool water and sand all over my yard. They came back out and cleaned up the mess, but, there was nothing that could be done for my poor neighbor. Just not a good group of guys, wouldn't recommend.

Description of Work
"removed" my above ground pool.

11/20/2014

David G.

The Pool Guys were pretty good. I got everything done that I wanted done but it was bit expensive and took a while. Schedule it as early as you can because it is going to take time. It took probably about 45 days trying to get subcontractors in here to do the different work and all that stuff. I am extremely happy with how it came out.

Description of Work
All new coping stone, all new tile, re-hard-sided the pool, new heater and a new cover, and new caulking. It is an in-ground pool and they just more or less refurbished it from bottom up.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

COMMERCIAL - RESIDENTIAL --- Sales & Installation of Above Ground swimming pools --- Sales & Installation of In-ground Vinyl Liner swimming pools --- Liner Replacement --- Landscaping - Decks - Concrete - Brick Pavers --- Renovation(s) & Repair(s) of Gunite, Fiberglass and Vinyl Liner pools --- Maintenance - Pool Care --- Opening(s) & Closing(s) --- Hot Tub/Spa Sales & Repair --- Leak Detection & Pool Inspections --- Inground/Above Ground Demolition --- Above Ground Pool Transfer ---