Weatherguard Roofing

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

8217 Ronda Dr

Canton, MI 48187

Additional phones - (248) 344-4966, (810) 229-6003....

09/03/2020

Jason M.

In two words, amazing job! Out of the gate Weatherguard impressed with Jimmy, who didn't try and up-sell us on useless tech and inappropriate roofing materials. We were given a very fair price for the amount of work that had to be done, and were even slotted in earlier than expected (which was a very nice surprise). Their crew showed up on time and were very professional. They didn't spend any time goofing around, and not once did I hear the crew swearing or cursing, which is to their credit. They finished in one working day, and from my perspective did amazing work. Overall, Weatherguard did an amazing and professional job, and I highly recommend them to anyone who needs roofing work done without the nonsense. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
A lot of roofing work (leaks, bad venting, flashing, and overall poor job by previous roofing company).

07/10/2020

Eric K.

Very well. Professional, good price and the clean up after was great. Jim the salesperson is polite and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Garage roof shingles and ridge vent installed

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!!

07/03/2020

Alex R.

With the huge rain storm over the weekend we noticed that we had a bad leak. I reached out to a few companies late on Friday night. Jim Belcher called me right away on Saturday morning to help. He came to the rescue quickly the same day and gave a full review of what was needed. We just bought our home 5ish years ago and was told the roof was “new”. Jim explained to me in details why that was incorrect. Jim kept in touch with me over the weekend to make sure it did not rain anymore because he was going to run out to cover the damage to keep my family safe. With a newborn (2 weeks) and a 3 ye old, it was highly appreciated that he wanted to make sure everyone was safe. The crew showed up within the week at 8am and was very kind. They made sure everything was protected and out of the way. They worked quickly and got done by 2pm. They did not stop until the job was done! They cleaned up everything and made sure there was not one nail left behind. Very professional group of guys. I was very worried about water damage, Alex made sure to look very closely under and around the installation to make sure nothing was there. He took photos of everything to give me a peice if mind. When Jim says he will take care if you... he means it! He treats you like a family member! I highly recommend Jim and Alex for any roofing project!

Description of Work
Replaced Roofing due to leak

Thank You !

05/17/2020

Julie S.

Jimmy was here within 15 minutes to do an emergency repair on my tree damaged roof. Heavy rain was in the forecast and my concern of further damage was highly stressful. He temporarily fixed the roof the prevent further damage at his first visit. I had contacted two other companies the previous day, both were a no-show. Jimmy was not only fast and efficient his repair price is more than fair. He’ll be back to complete the extensive damage within the week. He took a very upsetting situation and quelled my fears. He also followed all the procedures recommended during these strange times. Thank you so much Jimmy!!

Description of Work
Emergency roof repair

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/24/2019

Ron L.

My wife and I are exceptionally pleased with the quality of the work done by Weatherguard Roofing. They had repaired our roof a few years ago and now we needed a new roof. We obtained a quote from several companies but theirs was the most comprehensive and detailed. We knew exactly what to expect and we weren't disappointed. Our new roof looks great. They were quite professional at every stage. The cleanup afterwards left no residue at all. Highly Recommended!

Description of Work
Remove and replace roof

10/07/2017

Linda M.

Very well - materials were delivered 2 days in advance - crew arrived on schedule and completed the job on schedule.

Description of Work
Roof tear-off and replacement - 1200 square feet - moderate slope

12/05/2016

Ron L.

We were very pleased. Some of the companies we called didn't want to do the work at all. Others offered a high flat rate price. Weatherguard offered us a fair and reasonable price. I was out of town the day the work was to be done, so the roofer emailed me before and after pictures of the work. When I got home I saw that the work was very well done and it was hard to tell which shingles had been replaced. It is now four months later and everything is still fine.

Description of Work
Several shingles had blown off our home and I wanted to get them replaced.

10/14/2016

Elizabeth P.

Steve came out the next day to inspect and had someone come out the next day to temporarily repair the leak. We setup a roof replacement for a couple weeks later. The team came out as expected and did a great job and the price was better than I expected. Our neighbors used the same company for their roof and recommended them. Glad we listened to them. I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Had a leak in our roof and needed a temporary fix and to have the roof redone.

01/07/2016

KATHY K.

From the moment we began dealing with Steve obtaining an estimate, we were entirely pleased. He is very professional and easy to deal with. We felt he was very open and honest with us. We obtained his name from the shingle manufacturer (Certainteed) as a company that they certified to perform work using their brand of shingles. He was constantly in touch with us to let us know when they would be coming out since there were a few delays due to weather and that causing a previous job he was performing to be delayed as well. When the crew arrived, the foreman of the crew introduced himself and told us that if we had any questions he was there to help us. The crew were very friendly and respectful of our property, making sure that everything was cleaned up after the job was completed. When the job was completed, Steve came by and checked everything out. He made sure that we were happy with the job and answered any questions we had. I would not hesitate to recommend Steve and his crew for any roofing job. Our house looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Stripped the shingles from our roof (two layers), replaced some bad wood, installed a drip edge to entire roof perimeter, installed ice and water shield six feet up on eaves and around skylights and chimney, installed high performance underlayment, installed new bird proof vents, installed continuous ridge vents, installed new pipe glances and chimney flashing. Also blew in some insulation to the roof while boards were off.

10/14/2015

Tom S.

Steve was professional, courteous, and responsive throughout the entire process from my initial call to the actual repair work. I needed a fast turnaround and Steve made it happen. I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone in need of roof repairs, or an entire roof replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced some damaged plywood and installed new shingles.

07/20/2015

Eric D.

Our roof needed replacing. Met with several companies and Weatherguard provided the most honest review of the work that needed to be completed, and information on the roofing products that he offers and why it would meet our needs best. Rain and inspection issues delayed our project so it was not completed in one day. The team came in on a Sunday to complete the job :) They were very efficient and their clean up was fantastic. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

05/06/2015

Hlary E.

Our roof is twenty years old and shingles needed replacing. Called two businesses and chose Weatherguard for it's pricing and assurances that the job would be done well. Steve gave us a date in the middle of April and the job was started a day late because of the weather. Roofers were here for almost a week and cleaned up every night, leaving the yard tidy.

Description of Work
Replaced shingle on roof

01/17/2015

John C.

I was very happy with Weatherguard throughout the process. They did a solid job, met all their obligations, did everything on time and in budget. They were very straightforward to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof and added insulation to our attic.

01/05/2015

Ron T.

Steve came out for the estimate and gave me options for roofing and explained why my present roof detorated so fast (he did not install the present roofing). After getting the first quote he explained the difference between the shingles since I changed my mind and requested to go with a premium shingle over the original shingles we had first talked about. Steve came out with the crew and the introduced me to Brad who would be in charge of the job. The crew did a great job and kept me informed on how things were going. They cleaned up the site during and after the job leaving the area as if they were never there (except for a great new roof) Steve was very flexible on how I could pay for the job and even though his price was not the lowest or highest I feel I got more then my moneys worth from this roofing job.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and re-shingling of roof for house and garage along with replacing 3 skylights.

04/01/2014

myrna G.

I contacted them after finding them in the yellow pages and the BBB. There were no troubles with scheduling. The estimate was excellent. They arrived on time and were professional.

Description of Work
They came out to provide me with an estimate for a new shingle roof.

12/19/2013

Jeanne P.

They were meticulous and true artists in their craft. The workmanship was beyond excellent. They treat their customers very well. Heating bill went down, there are no drafts in the home. They were awesome and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed 12 new windows.

07/29/2013

Steven K.

Steve was quick to respond and provided me with a quote that was in line with others that I had received. The difference was that Steve made me comfortable with the work to be done, drove me through the neighborhood to assure proper shingle color and took the time to make me feel comfortable with the work to be performed. He scheduled the work at his next available date and provided me with an alternate rain date. Unfortunately, the first day of work we were hit by a torrential rain storm so we moved the installation to the second date. With all materials being delivered for the first data, the crew showed up first thing in the morning, took the time to tarp off the areas around my home, and began working. they worked hard and fast and before I knew it, the new roof was up and the mess around the house was cleared. Steve came back out to my home to evaluate the job and to assure that everything was as he promised at the time he provided the quote. The roof looks fabulous! I would not hesitate to call Weatherguard Roofing if I ever need another roofing job.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and re-shingling of roof for house and garage.

07/15/2013

Jacquelyn P.

Not a glitch. Workers were professional, on time and did a great job. Steve was very informative and thorough about product, warranty and any options that were available. I recommended Weatherguard to my boss who has scheduled his roof replacement for next week.

Description of Work
Tore off two layers of roof, replaced and added vents, plywood, ice guards, underlay and shingles, cleaned up yard and did it all in one day.

06/25/2013

Thomas H.

I was very impressed with this company from the time Steve came to the house to measure and give us several estimates of the cost of the products he installs to the time he took to register our warranty with the shingle manufacturer. He was honest in his estimate of materials needed and straight forward that he was licensed ,insured and certified by the shingle manufactures to install their shingles. I was concerned about the condition of the roof over the porch and Steve assured me they could repair what ever would be needed.and they did. It took about a day and half to complete the roof due to rain delays and repairs to the porch but the crew left the roof rain proof overnight and it did rain. I did a walk around on the roof before final payment was made and everything that Brad (Steve's brother) and crew did looked good to me. I had a concern about the overhang on the porch above where the new gutter was to be installed after the job was competed and Steve was at the house 15 minutes after I called him to inspect and assured me that it was ok.

Description of Work
Removed two layers of old shingles and replaced all rotten wood on 22' open porch top, bottom and header before installing 36 squares of new shingles and 14 roof vents

06/17/2013

Christina B.

Came to give an estimate a couple days after I called. We had a new roof within a week.

Description of Work
New roof

03/13/2013

Robert M.

I did use Weatherguard Roofing about last year, August. I think they charged me $11,000.00. The experience went very well, they were very professional. They spent two days here and they spent the first day stripping the roof off and they came back and put the new roof on and the new roof wood on and the gutters and everything. They cleaned up after themselves. They have five or six people working on my roof. They were professional and polite. They did a good job.

03/21/2012

David B.

They had the best quality for the price. They weren't the cheapest or the most expensive. I thought it was a very good value for the price. I had a leak develop in the roof and they weren't exactly sure what the problem was, but they have been out 3 times and the leak issue has been solved. The problem was inside the chimney so it may not have anything to do with the roof. I will absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I have used Weatherguard Roofing several times. They have done two of our roofs, both the garage and the home, and all of our windows. We had them do the windows in my mother-in-law's house as well and did excellent work there.

07/07/2011

MICHAEL R.

They were very quick and very good.

Description of Work
They replaced my gutters.

06/29/2006

ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT. VERY PROFESSIONAL WORK & REASONABLY PRICED.

Description of Work
SIDED OUR HOME.

Category siding

03/23/2006

I GOT SOME OTHER ESTIMATES, BUT THIS COMPANY WAS THE BEST. I WATCH OVER THE PEOPLE THAT I HIRE WHEN THEY ARE WORKING. THIS COMPANY DID A GREAT JOB. THEY DID EXACTLY WHAT WE HAD AGREED ON. IT WAS A PERFECT EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY TOOK THE OLD SHINGLES AND PAPER OFF OF THE ROOF. THEY PUT NEW PAPER AND SHINGLES ON THE ROOF. THEY HAULED THE OLD SHINGLES AWAY.