ACCENT REMODELING

Founded 1981 • With Angi since May 2006

4.3

8424 N LILLEY RD

Canton, MI 48187

Specializing in remodeling, restoration, improvements, and new construction for both the residential and light commercial markets, our one-stop, client-centered approach surpasses a general contractor's. We help you, the homeowner, explore design and material options and encourage your involvement in customizing an environment that truly matches your lifestyle....

01/19/2016

Deborah R.

07/20/2015

Deborah R.

Description of Work
Remodeling scheduled for first week in August. Many meetings ( approx 9 ) before work to begin. Owner Bill has a vision and covers things that we would never think of but are certainly appreciative of his input. He very much wants to know perspective of client so he knows we "are on the same page". If the renovation has as much attention to detail as the pre-planning meetings, we can't imagine being disappointed with the outcome

08/17/2014

IGNATIUS G.

Planning and design choices came first with real innovative plans layouts and options. without this care it would have been unwise. First took out first bath and tub then replaced with shower and new tiles, cabinets and lights, beautiful tiling, plaster and painting Second removed living room, kitchen walls, for more space and installed new wall for first floor laundry room - cut wall to make a living room pass through, new natural Brazilian cherry flooring with removal of all old flooring and every nail that held it down, not a squeak now. new Wellborn cabinets and island cabinets new granite tops in all bathrooms and kitchen. new subway tiles installed in kitchen walls and new recessed lighting Ceiling moldings and light rail of dark cherry installed on all cabinet tops and bottoms. refurbished second bath with cherry flooring and Wellborn cabinets. Wonderful plastering, smoothing and painting. Tiling was perfect, grouting smooth and clean New fans in bathroom, new lighting, new and quot;smartand quot; smoke and co detector in living sleeping areas. Whole house electrical surge protections and ground fault circuits New canister lighting in living room new laundry room with sinks, cabinets washer and dryer connections for gas. Roof stacks replace with studor valves to allow air to flow into down flowing water drains for new sinks and drains All of this made possible by careful pre-designs and computer generated pictures and floor plans. Constructions were over four months but we were still able to live in the house and cook because of the order of reconstructions to all us to still remain in the house including cooking. Safety rails and handles installed at three main doors and two in the shower Accent Remodeling does innovated designs, great work and wonderful caulking and painting

Description of Work
new designs for kitchen two baths, laundry room, cabinets and flooring

07/07/2014

Mike P.

Ended up chsoing a different service provider

Description of Work
Ended up chosing a different service provider

06/13/2014

Dana A.

NA

Description of Work
I was referred to them by 2 people who had their kitchens done. I called them to schedule an appt. to come out and provide me an estimate. The woman who answered the phone said they were busy and someone would call me back within the week to schedule an appt. It has been over two weeks and no one has had the courtesy to call me back. This was going to a big job, but I guess it will go to someone else.

12/20/2013

Shielah H.

I went with someone else.

Description of Work
Contacted for an estimate to tear out and redo kitchen and two baths. He tried to talk me into doing just one stating. You don't have to do it all right now... I think I'll be the one to decide that. he gave an estimate of $50,000 with no actual list of materials.

Category countertops, home remodeling

09/30/2013

Brian M.

Very good pre-build design layout. I knew exactly what I was getting. I knew exactyl what it would look like. Overall quality was exceptional. Very happy.

Description of Work
Installed very large bookcase/entertanment center with TV on lift. Added crown molding and framing above fireplace to tie in bookcase throughout the room and change some cabinet fronts on a wet bar to match bookcase.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking

06/13/2013

Janice S.

It turned out good. The price was probably average. They used quality materials and it was a quality job from start to finish. I'm not sure if the designer we had is there anymore, but she really helped us. She presented us with probably five different layouts at different prices. She helped us pick out all of the materials. She gave us the pros and the cons. I thought she was the biggest help because we didn't know what we were doing. She helped to pull it all together. We are looking into doing our kitchen, but we are not going to use them because we're just going a different route this time. We're hiring our own designer and are going with a contractor that doesn't have the overhead, so kind of like a handyman or builder who doesn't have a business and can give us a little price break.

Description of Work
Accent Remodeling remodeled a bathroom for us.

02/11/2013

kathy P.

We had asked Bill in to give us a Wine Cellar design. We had 2 other quotes and Bill's was over and beyond our dream ideas. He then asked 'What other projects were you thinking about while my crew is here? With our dream ideas and his creative genius, we started on several enhancements to the kitchen, family room, mudroom and lower level theater room. He also overstained and put iron railings on our 2 staircases. The caliber of work and detail engineering is remarkable. I give Accent Remodeling my highest praise!!!

Description of Work
Bill has a very creative vision and can see areas to enhance/improve and we are ecstatic over the results. His crew are the most professional and knowledgeable crew I have ever used. You would hardly know they are around they work so efficiently and are so considerate. They worked in my home for several weeks on several large projects.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

02/06/2013

Greg L.

Good news: the tile work performed by their subcontractor Eric Wolf of Apollo Tile and Marble was outstanding. We brought him back a year later for more work. HVAC duct work and plumbing initially installed at incorrect locations. Plumber later set fire inside new wall while soldering in cutoffs. Cutoffs were supposed to stop water to new 1st floor shower. Instead, they shut off water to the upstairs bathroom. Plumber also failed to secure the shower valve, which can be pulled out from the wall. Electricians failed to properly install a whole house surge protector supplied through them. No power to the unit as indicated by system lights not being on. During rewiring of 1st floor bathroom, disconnected the 2nd floor bathroom's GFI circuit. Although advised that this would be an issue, they failed to install a new GFI in that bathroom; i.e., it was unprotected. Drywall subcontractor was subpar. He had to come back several times to fix obvious problems but never completed the job properly. I ended up hiring another drywaller to fix the unsightly issues left by Accent's man. One-of-a-kind kitchen countertop ordered with wrong edging. Bathroom countertop required several redoes, and subcontractor ended up stating the job could not be performed as specified. Ultimately, Accent's owner came out to show that it could be done after I wrote a letter explaining my concerns and why I was not signing off on the job and was withholding final payment. Very poor job oversight. Little concern shown by subcontractors for our property. Ruined two spots on our front lawn by disposing of excess materials. Used newly installed kitchen sink to clean tools instead of the known utility sink in the basement. Failed to use tarps to protect appliances and cabinets. Did not properly clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
Enlarged 1st floor bathroom to include a no-barrier shower and make it large enough for disability access. New kitchen and bath countertops.Tile floors in entryways, kitchen, bathroom, and full height tiled shower walls.

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

07/10/2012

Vipul R P.

It was good. It was a nice experience.

Description of Work
I used ACCENT REMODELING.

Category remodeling

09/12/2011

Brian M.

Took longer than I anticiapted but they were top notch start to finish.

Description of Work
The company built and installed a built in entertainment center complete with tv lift and granite shelves. It turned out beautiful.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

05/24/2011

Linda B.

Their pricing was reasonable. They did excellent overall. Their professionalism, quality and demeanor were good.

Description of Work
I used Accent Remodeling about 5 years ago. They finished off our lower level.

Category electrician, remodeling, woodworking

06/16/2008

Mary Lynn G.

Yes, they were great and and very punctual and very professional and did a great job. The overall experience was great, the price was not as great but the work was good.

Description of Work
They remodeled my kitchen. New paint, new ceiling and countertops.

05/22/2006

BILL COWDER WAS A GREAT DESIGNER.

Description of Work
BASEMENT (WALK OUT) FINISHED; VERY GOOD. DID FRAMING, DRYWALL AND PAINTING.

Category remodeling

Cabinets & Counters Direct,LLC

Independent direct seller & remodeler of fine, custom crafted cabinet doors of any kind, drawer boxes, custom-made cabinets for any room, countertops, trim mouldings & hardware. Cabinet Refacing & Replacement Door specialists with over 20 years experience in kitchen remodeling. Name brand cabinets professionally installed to fit most budgets. 3D C.A.D. cabinet layout design. We offer full-custom countertops in laminate, granite, Corian, quartz & wood butcherblock. Full Installation Service - Licensed & Insured - D.I.Y. options available.

Closets By Design - East Michigan

Since 1982 Closets by Design designs has built a reputation of integrity as the industry leader in building custom closets, garage cabinets, offices, laundries, pantries and much more. With a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware, you will get the customized look you have always imagined. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project and look forward to earning your business. We also offer Financing!

Baylee Rae's Cabinet Painting

Are your cabinets broken or damaged? Thinking you need to replace them? Maybe you are just ready for a beautiful new updated look to your home? Well then you are in the right place. We specialize in cabinet refinish and paint. Everything like new. Amazing transformation to your kitchen in 5 days or less. We refinish and paint kitchen cabinets, trim, doors, vanities and more. It's a new kitchen without the major renovations to your home. We also do exterior painting.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Design build, Remodeling, ADDITIONS, BASEMENTS, KITCHENS, DORMERS, MASTER BEDROOM SUITES, CUSTOM CABINETRY AND BATHROOMS. Mud room design, entertainment cabinets and design, Tile, Hard wood floors.