Eco-Sound Pest Management LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2011

950 E Maple Rd Ste L7

Birmingham, MI 48009

For more than 10 years, Birmingham based Eco-Sound Pest Management has been a leader in successfully practicing ecologically-sound alternatives for modern pest management. With almost twenty years combined experience exclusive to this approach, Eco-Sound has honed its’ craft and incorporated a customer service & support team that’s truly second to none. From the implementation of “eco-friendly” principles to the practice of safer applications through technical advancement, Eco-Sound’s family of clients enjoy the peace of mind that’s offered when hiring a company that’s built on integrity and accountability. No gimmicks. Eco-Sound Pest Management provides control and prevention for the problems a common dwelling, structure or property may suffer in Southeastern Michigan. Providing proven alternatives for modern pest management. Family owned and operated. Serving the Birmingham/Bloomfield area and beyond. Free assessment and consultation....

09/04/2021

Matthew T.

I have used eco-sound pest management multiple times for rodent or wasp control. Each time I have been very satisfied with the service and knowledge Greg shared. He has very good communication skills and always keeps to the arranged appointment times. I highly recommend using Eco-Sound Pest Management.

Description of Work
rodent control

07/17/2020

Dennis G.

Observed yellow jackets going into house structure at aluminum trim. Called and Eco-Sound responded and scheduled a AM appointment the following Monday. Eco-Sound used an aerosol spray which was able to access the nest although the nest was not visible or easily accessible. Job done quickly and efficiently. No activity has been observed since the spraying. Would definitely use Eco-Sound again.

Description of Work
Eliminated yellow jackets in house structure.

04/23/2018

Dawn M.

Great job. All seems to be going just fine.

Description of Work
Quarterly Pest Control

09/14/2017

Eric G.

Greg is very attentive to detail and is very observant. He also is methodical. He simply recommended that we move our trash can outside of our garage, and indicated that should be the solution to the problem. We'd much rather have a simple solution that doesn't require the unnecessary spraying of pesticides in our house. We will hire Greg again in the future for our pest control needs. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

Description of Work
My wife and I called a number of different pest control companies to address an issue with flies in our house. Numerous other companies wanted to charge upwards of $200 to apply pesticides in and around our house for the issue, but didn't seem interested in actually addressing the root cause of the flies. Greg from Eco-Sound Pest Management LLC was willing to come out quickly, and was willing to schedule an appointment around our schedule (7 a.m.) to look into the issue for us.

Category pest control,home inspection

03/19/2017

Rosemarie S.

I highly recommend Greg and his team. This is one of the best companies we have ever worked with. Greg was so responsive, gave us great advice and solved the problems we were having. He is extremely knowledgable with regards to effectively treating pests. It is a pleasure working with Greg and his assistant Jimmy. We will be clients for life and will never forget how well this company has treated us.

Description of Work
Greg Peterson, the owner of the company performed a thorough inspection of our attic. We suspected squirrels. He quickly discovered how they were getting in and provided a perfect solution. He went above and beyond to help us. I also asked him to inspect the perimeter of the house as well as the basement for possible entry areas for mice. He identified the problem areas quickly.

Category pest control,home inspection,animal removal

02/10/2017

Laura M.

I have been working with Eco-Sound Pest Management for a number of years now. Their level of customer service, responsiveness and professionalism is exceptional. They notify you, via email, in advance of their service date. And if I have had any issues they will immediately come out to rectify the situation. I had a problem w/ mice in the attic and their recommended approach was to treat the perimeter of the house. I can honestly say that I have not heard any evidence of mice in the attic in about a year now - so it seems to be working. I can't truly say how economical they are as I haven't worked w/ any other pest control company for the same problem. I selected Eco-Sound Pest Management based on positive reviews that I read and they have not disappointed. And the level of service that they provide is worth every penny. If you are in need of pest management, you couldn't go wrong with working with Greg and Eco-Sound Pest Management.

Description of Work
Annual pest control - mice in attic

02/10/2017

Laura M.

Great - Eco-Pest came like clockwork and treated my outside which has eliminated attic pests which was the ultimate goal.

Description of Work
Quarterly rodent treatment

01/20/2017

Emily S.

Very responsive, took care of the problem once and for all

Description of Work
Needed a yellow jacket next exterminated in our foundation outside house

09/22/2016

Edwin J.

I never thought I would say that I enjoyed a visit from the exterminator, but I really did. We just purchased a new house and discovered evidence of mice. Greg came out after I had to reschedule a few times due to having other contractors coming, and was great. I tend to research everything very throughly so that I can educate myself and ask relevant questions, and Greg was very knowledgable. He has a well thought out approach to pest management and is smart about it. He graciously answered all of my questions, respected my house, and gave me several suggestions to make my home a harder target for the future, which I truly appreciated. If you are unfortunate enough to need this type of service, by all means, call Greg. You will be glad that he is the one who comes to help you!

Description of Work
Assessment for mice in the home and preventive measures with several bait stations.

09/02/2016

Dennis G.

Excellently. Greg came out the same day I called. We had discovered the hive the day before and were shocked at its size. Greg first explained how the hive grew so fast, discussed how he would remove it, and presented a very reasonable charge. He was efficient and quick, and even removed the dead hive so we had no clean-up. We are very pleased and will only consider Eco-Sound for any future pest problems.

Description of Work
Removal of a very large bee hive

05/30/2016

Julia P.

Greg is very knowledgeable in pest infestations and what needs to be done to remove the problem and insure that it doesn't happen again. He took the time to talk to me and give me advice. I would recommend this company , and I will use them again if I ever have the need for an exterminator or pest removal service. He was quick, and professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Inspection of attic to determine what was making the noises that I was hearing at night and inspection of the exterior to determine point(s) of entry and what needed to be done to correct possible entry points.

04/08/2016

Robert J.

We started hearing random noises in house for a couple weeks which we determined was an animal. Contacted Greg of Eco-Sound who promptly came over the next day. He determined that entry point was an old dryer vent on side of house which I have never paid much attention to but was providing easy entry point. He confirmed this going into basement (animal was currently moving around in a portion of return air duct work in ceiling). Greg believed it was a small squirrel due to indicated weight based on deflection of duct work as it was moving around. He set up 3 live traps around entry point outside and asked me to monitor and call him if any animal was caught. By same afternoon 2 squirrels had been trapped so I called Greg. These were 2 different types of squirrel - 1 of them was type that he believed was culprit. He came back later same afternoon and removed traps with squirrels and temporarily blocked entry point to observe if it was disturbed by next morning. Fortunately it was not disturbed and I didn't hear any more noises that evening or morning and so I more securely blocked this entry point until I could get a mason out to remove vent and permanently brick over the opening (which we had done 3 weeks later). During initial visit Greg had done an inspection of our home for other potential entry points and pointed out a few gaps which he recommended filling in. He provided me with a tube of a product to seal off those gaps. I appreciated the prompt response from Eco-Sound to this issue and liked their ideology about Pest Management described on web site which also evident in my discussion with Greg. I will definitely be contacting them in future if I need this type of service again.

Description of Work
Inspection of Exterior of Home for Entry Points, Setting of Live Traps for Rodents, Removal of 2 squirrels

09/27/2015

Robert N.

Greg performed excellent service, very professional and would highly recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
Wasp removal

09/11/2015

tj H.

Excellent. Greg was very knowledgable and very easy to work with. He explained things very well and even pointed out some other things regarding maintenance that were very helpful. I would definately use them again and recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Addressed a problem we were having with ants at our primary home and one of our rental properties. He also set us up for a quarterly maintenance plan.

08/24/2015

Sultana Q.

We had our deck removed and some brick work done. I had noticed some bee activity outside by the deck. After the work was done, unfortunately the bees decided to come into our home (basement & family room). After killing 74 bees inside our house in two days, it was definitely time to call an exterminator. I called Eco-Sound, the technician came out the next day, called prior to coming and quickly identified what kind of bee it was. He then explained what kind of treatment he would do and that he could do it right now. He sprayed and used a dust both inside and outside our home, where he believed the bees nest was. He also took his time answering any of our questions, and said we could call him if we had anymore concerns. He also said, he would come back out to our home (for free) if we noticed anymore bee activity. However, we did not see anymore bees after he did his treatment. The technician was very professional and I would definitely use this company again, but I hope we don't need anymore exterminators!

Description of Work
Treated for a bee infestation.

08/16/2015

shel K.

Extremely well. Professional and good natured. They wee able to make time for me on a saturday just a few days after I called with my issue. They arrived on time and immediately started to figure out the problem. It's clear they know what they are doing and take it very seriously, with good humor! When removing some branches that were touching the house, which involved a tall ladder, they also took the branches away for me since I didn't have a proper way to dispose of them. Above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I especially like the philosophy of prevention first and targeted pesticides last. Great company. While I hope not to have pest issue sin the future, if I did I would call them first. I will also use them for regular preventative services.

Description of Work
Identified correctly a carpenter ant issue in the house, explained to me the options, showed me the evidence, and immediately began solving the problem with a not toxic bait solution and recommendations for future prevention.

07/18/2015

Jan F.

We have had pest control by this company for several months and have been satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
They spray the perimeter of our property, put traps in the garaage and regularly check for breakthrough problems.

06/26/2015

Jennifer P.

Excellent communication before, during and after. He was very thorough in explaining every aspect of the situation and proposed plan of action. We were so impressed, we called him right away when we saw a few ants in the kitchen. He came out right away and again was so incredibly thorough and explained everything so well. We ended up signing up for a quarterly program with him because we now would never look elsewhere for our pest control needs, preferring that he continues to follow up on our situation.

Description of Work
Greg came out to survey our problem (rats) and provided traps and explained the rat problem that plagues Royal Oak and why we, specifically were probably having a problem. Came out a second time to treat for ants and other crawling insects.

06/18/2015

Therese O.

I tend to be a very anxious, worried, paranoid person that asks a lot of questions and needs a lot of reassurance which can get on people's nerves, but Greg was very patient and non-judgmental. He answered all my questions and didn't get annoyed at all. When I didn't want to shake his hand, we elbow bumped instead. He was very accommodating and also educational. I called on Tuesday and Greg was here 8AM Thursday morning. He placed rodent bait stations in my yard and is also helping me with a hellacious ant problem around the outside of my house. He is also very intelligent and knowledgeable and honest. So glad I found Eco-Sound Pest Management!

Description of Work
Placed rodent bait stations in my yard and will place ant bait stations around the exterior of my house.

06/06/2015

ALTHEA G.

I contacted Greg of Eco-Sound Pest Management, LLC because I could hear squirrels running in the soffet under my roof. Greg responded to my call by making an appointment and was punctual when he arrived. He inspected the roof of my condo and also the roofs of my neighbors who are on either side of my condo. He explained that he would need to catch the squirrels using cages before he would block the areas where they are entering. He explained his organic approach when working with animals and that after catching the squirrels he would release them in an area that was 15 minutes away from my condo. He stated that he would block the holes after he caught all of the squirrels from the soffet and he discussed the price. From May 29 to June 1, Greg returned each time I called him to inform him that a red squirrel was in his trap. Each time he took the live squirrel trap and released it in another area. When I no longer could hear the squirrels in the soffet, on June 6 he returned, removed his last cage, and repaired the entrance hole in the soffet. He mentioned that it was the only entrance because all other holes in the soffet had previously been filled. Greg did an excellent job. He is extremely knowledgeable about his profession. I plan to discuss his work with the co-owners of our condo and recommend that we employ him again.

Description of Work
Between May 29 and 6-6-15 he caught three live red squirrels and one black squirrel in cages from the soffet under my roof. He returned the live ones to an area 15 minutes away from my condo. After the removal he repaired the hole.

05/27/2015

Regina S.

Greg is very personable. He takes the time to answer questions and explain things. He is always on time, and returns phone calls (something we find as a rarity living in this area).

Description of Work
Ant and spider pest control. Homeowner best practices. what to look for and avoid.

05/07/2015

Carl A.

Greg came by initially to take care a possible mouse in our ceiling. He also laid bait for pavement ants. He set posion bait for the mice and walked around the house to point out area that critters could come in. He makes a point that this is a partnership between him and us to both do what we can do minimize pests. And his approach is much appreciated, I always like to minimize the amount of chemicals in any situation. Greg is very knowledgeable and is always willing to give us more advice on how to plug up holes in our house. We hired him to do quarterly applications to keep bugs away. During one of his inspections he found a water leak in our furnace room, which was most likely the cause of the silverfish we kept seeing. We never would have seen that leak so we are very appreciative of his process because some other companies might have just sprayed around the inside and outside then leave. We will continue to use his services to keep our home as bug free as possible.

Description of Work
Came by to inspect the property after hearing a mouse and having ants.

03/11/2015

Sandra S.

I moved my drop ceiling and rodent feces dropped on my basement floor so I called Eco-Sound and they came out the next day. He checked all over my basement and kitchen thoroughly and found nothing until he raised the ceiling tile that led under my big picture window outside. He said there were two mice and put rodent control in all the places it should go. I also mentioned there are rats in the neighborhood and that my husband had seen one and my neighbor had seen them going across the back of her yard. He put two rodent huts one by my front porch, and one by my back deck. I had addressed that my planter which is connected to my front porch had several holes and that my flowers had died. Those are rat burroughs and they eat the plant roots. I am going to have him come back every three months as he said he can keep the rats from coming in my yard and I have a small dog.

Description of Work
Rodent Protection in basement ceiling (mice) and Rat Protection outside by porch and deck

10/27/2014

Donna D.

Great. Company called to let you know when they would arrive. Provided the service requested and left a detailed description of services performed. Company has also been maintaining our indoor ant problem using non toxic methods. So far great results

Description of Work
Provided exterior pest control services

09/22/2014

PAT S.

They have also done work for my mother. We have been using them for quite awhile now. He has removed rodents from my home and rid my mother's home of bedbugs and treated for bees. They come out every three months or so to bait mouse traps. They trap larger rodents like opossums and raccoons as well.

Description of Work
They perform regular pest management service.