545 Lawn Care Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2012

4.2

3634 Griffith

Berkley, MI 48072

545 Lawn Care, Inc., located in Southeast Michigan, has been in business since 1992 and specializes in continuous concrete landscape edging, also known as landscape curbing as well as lawn and snow removal services. Offering landscape curbing, lawn cutting, tree and shrub trimming and cutting,

11/27/2017

Lindsay R.

This is the second season I've used 545 for snow removal. Last season wasn't great - this season worse. The driveway and stairs and porch are absolutely never snow free. They do a very fast job and leave tons of snow so my driveway and stairs are always icy and snow filled even after they come. And for $600/season I would expect them to salt, but they don't salt. They at least do show up consistently, so I'll give them that. I won't use them again next year!

Description of Work
Snow Removal

05/27/2016

Mary L.

The work that was done was about the poorest we've seen. We only allowed them to mow twice. There was tufts of grass left between lanes in the back, and the fence to the back was left open. We understand that $30 is pretty typical, but the quality was disappointing. As for spreading the mulch . . . we had pre-purchased the mulch and layed the bags in the areas needed. We thought that, for $150 dollars labor, it would entail the garden areas in the front and the back. However, upon seeing our house the day after they came ONLY the front was complete. . . 6-8 bags, so perhaps a 1/2 hour's worth of work., if that. The mulch was not spread in any of the other garden areas. They did trim the four front bushes, and they looked nice. Still, $150 seems rather steep for trimming 4 bushes and spreading a few bags of mulch.

Description of Work
Mowed the front and back lawns. Spread 6-8 bags of mulch in the front. Trimmed the front bushes.

12/11/2015

Michael R.

Best snow removal service we have had by far - he was timely, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Performed annual snow removal for our condominium complex

Category lawn service, snow removal

08/18/2015

Edward S.

did not service our area

Description of Work
did not service our area

07/22/2015

nancy N.

ok

Description of Work
Did not provide service miss communication

07/07/2015

Jennifer C.

06/07/2015

jinbo W.

Supplier said not delivering to the area. I had to call Angejlist myself to get refund.

Description of Work
deliver mulch

05/28/2015

Carolyn J.

Description of Work
I called and left a message at (248) 545-5296 for a callback. I guess they do not service people in Detroit

02/22/2015

Rebekah T.

Jerry Nauman, owner, responded immediately to my request. I paid $250 in December and the remaining $250 at the end of Jan. We just had the 3rd largest snowfall in I and his crew came and plowed late at night. I'm extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Snow removal. Takes care of the side-walks/porch.

01/14/2015

Barbara C.

Description of Work
Overall I would give a B+. The owner, Jerry Naumann, was a pleasure to work with. It was a bit unusual in that I live in Delaware and Jerry did the work at the home of my aging mother in law in Madison Heights. I contracted with Jerry to trim all bushes in the front and back yards and to do some additional work to the gardens in the back yard including removal of dead plants from previous season, adding curves to garden, planting annuals and possibly perennials, removing weeds, fertilizing rose bushes, adding soil and mulch, and finishing with edging around the gardens. Jerry described to me the poured, stamped, concrete edging his company provides and that is what was used. It came out beautifully and really gives a nice finish to the gardens. I highly recommend it if you are considering it. There is a birdbath with a small surrounding garden area in the middle of the backyard in which I requested some annuals be planted and a non-permanent edging material be used around it to keep grass from growing into it. | |Jerry and his crew did a great job and my mother in law appreciated all they did and felt very comfortable working with them. Upon visiting in late July and seeing firsthand the work Jerry and his team had done, I was extremely happy with the finished product except for a couple of things. (1) there were no annuals planted as requested, and (2) the edging around the birdbath was not pleasing at all to the eye and no annuals were planted there either. The edging material used is not flexible enough to go around in a circular fashion and looks rather pointed. In addition, the material is not the same height all the way around. With a little more work, I believe the product could have been made to look nicer but it would have required better preparation of the area to make it fit properly. In talking with Jerry about it, he said it was a new product that he tried but would never use again. If that was the case and he knew it was not working properly, I feel he should have taken it upon himself to remove it immediately and do something different. The only option given after it was installed was to remove it, but there was no offer to replace it with some other material; we decided to leave it as installed to keep grass out. Jerry made good on planting some annuals.

10/12/2014

Kay H.

09/16/2014

Monica M.

They emailed back within 20 minutes. He doesn’t do that deal in our area (zip code 48045), but he will do other work. Why can he do other work in my area but not this job we already paid for?

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $99 for 400 Square Feet of Premium Mulch Delivered and Spread.

Category landscaping

He purchased a deal with angies list to spread 2 yards of mulch in certain zip codes, if he would of read that he was not included in the areas that I was offering this in, this would of all been afforded. I do offer full landscaping project out in his area. I am sorry he had not read the ad completely

08/26/2014

Alice T.

Description of Work
They did a major yard clean up including tree trimming. I was very pleased.

06/04/2014

Vinod U.

I got the $99 Angie Deal from this company 4 weeks ago. He told me that he was super booked and he'd call me soon to schedule the work. He calls me yesterday that he'll come out to see my yard. Never showed. Then I get an email today saying sorry, don't do work in Troy and to call him for a refund!!! I put my address when I got the deal, so he knew it was in Troy!! Totally ridiculous!!!

Description of Work
Unbelievable company!!! Never get anything from them!!

Category lawn service

This was sent out by mistake from Angie's List to a person not in the area that my offer was good for. The cities were listed on the offer that the coupon was good for, his was not included. I called up Angie's List to found out how he is to get a refund from them, since it was there fault sending it out to a person not in the area. I then went and contacted him to let him know how this needs to be handled. I believe I went over and above helping him getting a refund, from a mistake that was not done by me.

05/28/2014

Kelly W.

I contacted several places, but since I only needed my lawn mowed once, companies were reluctant, however, 545-Lawn was willing to help me out since my lawn was getting high while waiting for lawn mower parts. We agreed on a price and discussed that he would just mow and I could take care of the trim, no mention of any grass clippings. He asked if I had a dog and I told him I'll make sure and pick up any before he mows, which I did that morning (combed the entire backyard). I had a picture in my mind the grass would look professionally done with the exception of trim. I was not expecting the grass to look pristine, but I did not expect to come home to a lawn that looked like that someone just got on a riding lawn mower and just went to town going like 50 MPH. In entering the backyard, they ran over the ground cover ? flat as a pancake. I could understand a missed cut here and there and a few grass clippings, but not to where you couldn't even see the grass with all the clippings. A non-professional know to check for missed spots and go back over them. I called a professional service, is it too much to ask for a professional looking job? I had to clean-up their mess. We agreed I would trim myself, but it could have looked better at least with no miss-cuts and clippings. The front was a small area and miss cuts, grass clippings - at least do a good job in the front yard. I called to let him know how I was shocked to see the results. I received a voice mail saying the reason my lawn did not look like a putting green is because of the dog species (I might have missed one, but come on). I was told they went over the lawn three times to remove grass clippings. Basically, on his voice mail, I was to blame for the bad job. I said to myself, I would have been better off leaving the grass high then what the results were of them mowing my lawn. Never again, would I hire them. I even gave them a $5.00 (left in mailbox) tip.

Description of Work
Front and backyard lawn mowing excluding trim

Category lawn service

I only wish I would of been reluctant to return her call to me in her need of help. I would not have this bad report here. No company returned her call because of no profit to be made on a one time cut only. With the shorten week because of Memorial Day I knew I would be behind on getting all of my regular customers cut that week. After going over to see the job, I explained that it would not look like a putting green after the cut because of the length of the grass to be cut and the need for us to go over it at different angles to get it cut the best that a commercial mower could do, her mower after the repairs would never had been able to cut this long of grass. We agreed on a price and I returned the next day to due the work, hoping all the dog droppings were picked up so not to be stepping in the piles. With this long of grass many piles were unseeing, and not picked up. With the two different trips over there, time, gas, cleaning of mower at car wash and boots after this job, I lost money on this.

04/29/2014

Carey D.

Nothing to tell, he did not have time to do work.

Description of Work
Requested quote, he replied that he cannot do at this time.

Category lawn service

Sorry I was booked up with other jobs at the time and got not get over there to look at your job. That is why I took the time to write back and say I did not have the time

03/05/2014

Jeffrey H.

Perfect, Jerry th e owner was there from start to finish doing all the work himself with no speed bumps.

Description of Work
Curbing on my house in Berkley, very responsive to my phone calls and did a beautiful job with the stamping.

03/04/2014

Daniel M.

They agreed to do the snow removal for me, but failed to ever show up.

Description of Work
I called them for snow removal.

Category snow removal

I did go over to this property to give them a price on snow removal for the season. I gave them the price for the job, and was told that they would get back with me on this. I never head back from them prior to the start of the season, nor were they billed for the season, that would of start up the agreement. If they thought there was a agreement, I should of been notified of this over look, which would of been dealt with in a timely manner. Sorry for any misunderstanding on this matter, but a simple phone call at the beginning of the season after the first snow fall could of resolved the whole thing. not waiting until March to let me know of the matter

01/13/2014

Susan S.

Went very well, service provided as requested in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Bailed me out of 2 emergency situations, & decided to go for seas On contracts on 2 houses.

11/06/2013

Brtta A.

It has been great. They come once a week. I have had about 1.5 months of service.

Description of Work
Cut and edge the lawn

05/10/2013

Judy F.

Jerry Naumann asked where the neighborhood was, and I told him we were in Southfield. He told me they don't service our area. I asked him why and he said because it's too far away. I asked where he was, and he said in the Troy/Clawson area. Their address is listed in Berkley, which is very next city over. He lied about where his company was located, and I believe this was a case of discrimination.

Description of Work
I called them to come out and give me an estimate on a culdesac circle in our subdivison. We wanted to have it cleaned up-bushes trimmed, weeds pulled, and sprayed for weeds.

Category landscaping

She is correct that my mailing address is in Berkley, but all my work is in Clawson, Royal Oak, and Troy area. When I asked her where the job was that she wanted me to bid on. I was told it was off of 9 Mile. I felt that it was to far away of a drive for me to give a fair price on. That is the only reason she was given for me not giving her a bid. I do service the northern parts of Southfield, but this was not good enough of reason for her. I wish her luck in getting someone that services that area.

05/09/2013

susan W.

Jerry was very prompt in getting back with me on a quote for snow removal. I felt the price was fair, and he honored the 10% Angie's discount. They were punctual and did a through job of removing snow from the driveway, sidewalk and porch. I will definitely use them again and have contracted with them for lawn service this summer.

Description of Work
Snow removal from the driveway,sidewalk and porch for the winter of 2012-2013.

Category lawn service, snow removal

11/27/2012

mary kay J.

returned call immediately to schedule estimate...was prompt with that as well and all work was performed as discussed...came 3 times for leaf pick up and the job was excellent...also, called after each visit to notify me of progress and next step. would definitely use again and refer to others as well!

Description of Work
fall yard leave cleanup tree trimming bushes trimmed and garden plants trimmed

Category lawn service, tree service

08/02/2012

Michael B.

Overall satisfied with every aspect of the work performed. Both properties look much better after the work. The only thing I would have preferred is instead of spraying the weeds/ grass prior to mulching is tearing out thegrass and weeds and racking the dirt and laying down landscape fabric to prevent the regrowth of weeds and grass through the mulch. But this was realized and thought of after the fact.I would recommend this service and will be using in thefuture on other prioperties we own.

Description of Work
Jerry did work on two of our rental properties. He was one of the only services that was prompt in getting back to us and provided an estimate the following day. One property they hauled away alotof piled up brush stacked along theedge of the property and cleaned up theexisting landscape. Spraying weeds, cutting grass and eventually mulching. It really addedcurbappeal to there-hab we were doing to the property and thenew renter is very satisfied with how everything looked. The second property they did a basic clean up of the landscape around the front perimeter of thehouse and mulched. the tenants were pleased with the work performed.

06/05/2012

John D.

He came on time, gave us a good estimate, did the job in one day, explained the process, and answered all our questions. He is very professional.

Description of Work
Jerry Naumann, the owner, came out and estimated the job. It was to install a decorative landscape curb, a product I have never seen offered from anyone else. He was demonstrating his product at a local home show when I saw it would be the perfect border for our landscaping needs. He did the job on one day, was efficient and professional. The end product looks great. He also placed stones along the side of my house where I have never been able to grow grass. And he replanted a small tree for me. I am very satisfied with his service and I plan on using him in the future to complete our landscaping needs.

C Property Maintenance

Summer, Fall, and Winter. We know that Mother Nature and time waits for no one, so we understand the urgency in keeping your property maintained. We also stay diligent to make sure your property is taken care of on the scheduled time. Your satisfaction is our priority and we strive to provide a service we are proud of. We start every project by providing a thorough consultation to understand your goals and the needs of the project. We do this to guarantee that the project is completed according to your preferences. As the weather changes, our services do the same. We offer commercial and residential snow plowing and de-icing services designed to meet the requirements of high traffic office parks and condominium complexes while still shoveling the smaller residential sidewalks. No job to big or too small, we do it all. We are a full-service company that can handle any size project. We strive to be able to meet the requirements of any job for total customer satisfaction. Fall is a busy time for any business or family. With Holidays approaching quickly you want your property in tip-top shape. We offer a full-service fall clean up that will leave your property spotless and in good shape for the next season.

2022 Super Service Award

Village Tree Service

24 Hour Emergency Service; Village Tree Service offers residential commercial and industrial services. Village Tree Service is a reliable full service tree maintenance company that has been providing a wide variety of tree care in Michigan including shrub trimming, tree trimming, tree removal, land clearing, deep root feeding, fully insured with free estimates and senior citizens discounts. Our fully staffed and experienced land clearing department offers grinding services to developers, contractors and municipal clients. We carry the latest equipment available to expedite any sized land clearing project while quickly clearing land and converting existing tree debris into a recycled and productive mulch. Village Tree Service is a family owned and operated company, as a locally owned and operated business, we are small enough to care but large enough to tackle any job. that specializes in the art of tree care and some landscape services. Village Tree Service delivers expertise dealing with all area of arboriculture. From storm cleanup to lot beautification and all jobs in between, Village Tree Service has the skills, experience and equipment to manage even the most difficult tree projects. You can browse our site to learn what makes us the sensible choice for all of your tree problems.

OCR Inc

OCR, inc. is an owner operated, local business. Our organization performs a combination of in house and subcontracted work to a high standard of quality . Work can be done on an hourly basis or for a quoted price. We pride ourselves in having the ability to lead customers through jobs ranging from small maintenance issues to large, new & renovation construction or landscape projects.

Lawn Cutting, Shrub & Tree Trimming, Snow Removal & Salting, Fall & Spring Cleanups, Planting & Shrub Removal. Concrete Landscape Borders.