A-1 Concrete Leveling Southeast Michigan

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2010

Warranties depend upon the services.

mudjacking (137)concrete repair (21)concrete driveways (12)foundation repair (10)basement waterproofing (2)

10/26/2020

Keith B.

The crew was very efficient and cleaned up everything.

Description of Work
Cement patio needed to be raised.

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

04/16/2020

Chris A.

I was able to hire him last week. Last fall, he gave us his honest opinion and told us he couldn't help us at the time. I had to have the two problem slabs removed and now I can use their services. His honest opinion made me call him back. If the job is as good as his customer service. A+ in my book so far.

Description of Work
Leveling sidewalks

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

09/06/2019

Lynn L.

Job went very well, very professional.

Description of Work
Raising sidewalks (2) and patio

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

09/06/2019

Lynn L.

Very professional. Work was done and everything is level again.

Description of Work
Leveling of patio and sidewalks

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

09/05/2019

Michael D.

They arrived on time and went right to work. They were professional, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves. I would definitely recommend or hire again.

Description of Work
Sunken sidewalk, approach, driveway, and walk up to porch.

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

07/10/2019

Bruce C.

The job was well done. The team was conscientious and left the site clean. They were courteous and clear in their explanations.

Description of Work
Rise sidewalk slabs according to city inspection certification.

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

06/24/2019

Keith W.

Communication was excellent. Prompt follow up and answered all the questions I had. They showed up exactly when they said they would and the quality of work is great. The Color matches my colored/ stamped walk perfectly. Overall a great experience.

Description of Work
Leveling of front walkway and porch step

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

06/09/2019

Hideki T.

We worked with Bret to receive a quote. Bret was very thorough, responsive, punctual, and professional. We ended up narrowing the scope down and thus their quote was a little higher, but I will contact A-1 again in future for other work.

Description of Work
Driveway slab leveling

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

05/22/2019

Debra B.

Better than expected with no issues at all! Bret was very thorough in his inspection of the work that needed to be done & his explanation of how the work would be done. James & Greg did the job with utmost care, answered all of our questions, did a fantastic job and cleaned everything up before they left. My family room feels like new again! I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Lifted the sinking family room floor

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

07/17/2018

Janis M.

Brent and Jeremy did a great job, were very professional. The process is messy and they cleaned up after. So far so good. Phase 2 is the caulk. I'm waiting for the caulk team to come out and seal around the areas where concrete meets foundation.

Description of Work
Leveled concrete patio and walkway

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

01/01/2018

Beverly Q.

I was able to hire them last weeks of season to level the driveway and sidewalk and especially the entrance step and they were able to come and complete this work despite the lateness of the season; however, they were not able to complete the caulking job because of the turn in the weather. They will schedule this job in the spring. This is my second time working with them and they have done good work and reasonable prices.

Description of Work
driveway, sidewalk, step mudjacking/leveling and in spring will complete caulk removal and recaulking cracks and joints.

Work Completed On 01/01/2018

11/13/2017

Jodi R.

It was awesome. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They did concrete paving, leveling and sealing.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/06/2017

JENNIFER A.

They did a great job and the price was very reasonable. Your crew was extremely friendly, and answered all of our questions.

Description of Work
Leveling of our walkway.

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

09/05/2017

Mark L.

Workmen were very nice & accommodating & did everything as promised.

Description of Work
Leveled drive and sidewalk.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

07/29/2017

Basile V.

They were cordial but I didn't like the materiel they use. I am not an expert I just did a a lot of research. I didn't like the material they were going to use to mud-jack and stabilize because it could require needing further work on it. The warranty sounded like it was limited.

Description of Work
I got an estimate for leveling the patio, part of the drive way and the walkway.

Category mudjacking

It is unfortunate that we couldn't provide you with the leveling service that you had inquired about. We started mud-jacking in 1994 as our only business. Since then, we have serviced over 30,000 customers using the same process. If this was not a proven method of repair, we would not be in business this long. Additionally, we offer a 4 year warranty on our work which is one of the best warranties in the industry. There are some new methods available but they come at a much higher cost and, in our experience, do not justify that cost. Hopefully you were able to get the repair that you wanted. Thank you for the opportunity to bid your job.

06/27/2017

Mike C.

Excellent. I had 30 minutes of questions before signing them up for the job that Daryl answered very completely. They arrived on the day scheduled, performed the work, and the results are excellent. I would hire again. 2 year warranty on the caulking...excellent. Zero complaints. (This is my 1st ever review in Angie's list...their work prompted me to take the time to write it.)

Description of Work
Mudjacking & caulking back patio slabs & front walkway from driveway to porch.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

06/26/2017

Tom T.

They did an excellent job. Very professional, fair price, and they provided a better warranty than other local companies. Thanks

Description of Work
front porch leveling

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

06/21/2017

Robert F.

Very good. Everything went as planed, the quality of the job was excellent and their technician was very professional.

Description of Work
Installed caulking in the expansion12 joints of my driveway and patio.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

10/10/2016

Dennis B.

The job went very well. The quote was very reasonable compared to others we received. The technicians were there on time, got the job done and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
We had a concrete slab in my mother-in-law's utility room and kitchen leveled to grade.

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

08/17/2016

Susan G.

Bret came out, explained our options and gave us an estimate. Greg and James were very quick, clean and professional. They explained what they going to do and did an excellent job. I wish I would have called them and had it done a lot sooner. I highly recommend their company.

Description of Work
Our driveway had sections that had sunk and we had an approximate 3 inch lip up to the garage floor (which people could trip on.) We needed the cement lifted to meet the garage floor edge.

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

08/09/2016

Diane A.

The job went great with and they cleaned up when they were finished.

Description of Work
Our condo complex has approx. 60 slabs of sidewalk slabs leveled.

Work Completed On 06/08/2016

06/08/2016

Gregory K.

A-1 did a quote for me based off my request, and left it in the front door of the house. My only minor complaint was there was a one month wait to do the job because they were extremely busy. However, a rival company which came in at a higher quote was an extra week backlogged. The salesman who quoted me was readily available to talk when needed, the office was always available for requests, and the workers showed up on time to do a great job. I had a city inspection to satisfy, and the on-site workers did their best to accommodate me. They ended up leveling seven slabs, I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Leveled slabs on concrete on my driveway

Work Completed On 06/02/2016

04/15/2016

Jennifer M.

Everything went great. They all look perfect.

Description of Work
Raised and leveled 6 patios for me at my apartment buildings. Patios were approx 10x12 - $400 a piece to level.