MICHIGAN GLASS COATINGS INC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2010

1000 N OPDYKE RD

Auburn Hills, MI 48326

We have been servicing the Metro Detroit area for over 40 years. We have certified professional installers, sales consultants, and a helpful office staff. We specialize in 3M solar, security, and decorative window films.

10/02/2020

Nancy W.

I wanted to reduce the solar effects of the southern and western exposure windows in my new house not only because of the heat in the summer, but also because of the harmful UV light and the fading it would cause to my new furniture. My realtor recommended Michigan Glass Coatings and wow, I'm so glad he did! From the start of the in-home quote by Jordan to the installation by Jordan and Aaron today, I'm beyond happy! I found them to be friendly, knowledgeable, professional and neat and also VERY accommodating when I made a change midway through the installation. An added benefit of the film I chose is that the skin cancer foundation recommends it as an effective UV protectant. It's no wonder Michigan Glass Coatings have been in business for over 40 years. I highly recommend Michigan Glass Coatings!

Description of Work
Residential window film

Category tablepads, window tinting

09/29/2020

Daniel B.

Very professional, good service and fair pricing

Description of Work
window film

10/24/2019

douglas N.

Excellent from start to finish. The Sales Consultant Nick Vandermeer who came to our home was very knowledgeable, professional and explained everything thoroughly. He didn't rush or pressure us and answered all of our questions with patience and friendliness. And the installer was on time and also very professional and was very neat and tidy. We waited until well after the summer heat and glares to do our review so we'd have adequate time to give an honest review of how well the tinting performed . It did exactly as promised and we couldn't be happier. And it looks awesome from the outside as well, we have received many compliments. Wish we'd have done it sooner !

Description of Work
All our house windows tinted including our doorwall and picture window

10/03/2019

Thomas G.

I telephoned this Company on 9/20/19 to inquire about window film for a storm door. The person told me a Company representative would contact me in 2 days. On 9/23/19 I received an email from Kim Copacia CEO who advised me of the minimum cost for this project. I replied the same day sending her pictures of additional windows I wanted tinted, On 9/26/19 she responded and stated the pictures were sent to a sales consultant and she would get back with me that day. As of this writing I still have not received a response. I don't understand how this Company can receive such good reviews and awards when they don't even follow-up to an inquiry. For Angie List subscribers I recommend you contact Clear Fortress for your window film needs. They respond immediately and also send a consultant to your home. I just ended up giving them a contract for $700.00.

Description of Work
Inquired about window film for storm door.

06/18/2019

Anshu S.

It went well. Best part was honesty. Dale told me that we already have few windows tinted and probably don't need to redo it. He gave us honest suggestions and that;s why we will rehire him and suggests other businesses to go to him as well.

Description of Work
Get quote on glass tinting

08/27/2017

Lee I.

The completed 54 windows on my house, large windows, small windows, round windows. There product, their price, their quality and their people, the whole package was great.

Description of Work
I used Michigan Glass Coatings to put 3m tint on all of my windows, like a UV protection.

Category replacement windows, security windows

06/28/2017

Louis G.

We had a good experience with them. I don't know how the price compares. He was a decent guy.

Description of Work
They put a glass film coating on the windows and a reflector of anti-glass.

Category window treatments, security windows

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are happy with the installation of your window films!

06/27/2017

Marianne M.

Jeremy did a good job. Still need the 30 days to see how things go but so far, the windows look great. Would definitely recommend

Description of Work
Needed sun proof on windows; had glaze put on windows to prevent fading and cooling the area of the house

07/23/2016

Jackie S.

Mike reaffirmed the price quoted, and the color of the film chosen. He washed the window and door surfaces before installing film. He cut the film to fit each surface perfectly and explained exactly what he was doing. He used a drop cloth to protect any floor surfaces and also wore booties over his shoes when he first arrived. I felt very confident in his ability to do a good job as I watched him work. He cleaned up all scraps as he went along using a huge garbage bag he brought with him. When he was finished (very efficiently I might add) he told me to leave the blinds open for that day. Because of the extreme heat outside I needed to keep the extra cover of the shades away from the windows during the day. With this film, no one can see in from the outside unless there is a bright light in the room and therefore, I didn't feel exposed by leaving my curtains open. I did call the company later in the day to make certain I could close the curtains and night and was reassured that would be fine. The phone was answered promptly and pleasantly. I have a list of the things to know about maintaining this film and it's not a difficult process. I noticed the way it filtered the brightness outside and could tell the difference in the heat level of my rooms. The company also provides an excellent warranty. When Mike left my house there was absolutely no mess left behind. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. I had called another company prior to this one and they never returned my call or email. This company returned my call with one day and was able to do my work within 2 days.

Description of Work
Provided 3M Film on Windows and Sliding Door

Category window tinting, security windows

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your positive review! We are glad you are thrilled with the installation of your film!

06/29/2016

Carla R.

It was fine.

Description of Work
I had a window frame put on my glass.

Category window treatments

04/22/2016

phil P.

Description of Work
Applied Solar film on windows

04/07/2016

Nabhan M.

The job was done fantastically and very professional. The work was neat and clean. We couldn't have been more pleased. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Privacy film installation for 5 windows on my house

01/02/2016

Joan D.

We had another company put in a bid before Michigan Glass Coatings (MGC). The professionalism of MGC was outstanding. They arrived on the date we set for installation and did so on time. Every thing went as promised, and we are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
They placed film on 6 windows in our living room.

06/04/2014

Kristopher S.

We made the decision to hold off on the tinting, simply because we had so many other expenses that come along with a new build, but when we decide we are ready to follow through with this service, we would be very happy to give them a call back based on our initial experience.

Description of Work
Pete came out to our new home to give us pricing and go over the different options with us. He was prompt, incredibly friendly and professional. He also followed up with us after the initial appointment to follow through with any questions that we had.

05/07/2014

EMMY M.

The person who came to show us the window film choices and quote the products was Craig. He was nice and had a very good presentation with measuring tools to show how the different films can stop the UV rays from penetrating the film and how the heat doesn't go through the film. The tech person came exactly at 7 a.m. as requested. He finished the work in about 2 hours. He was clean and wore shoe carpet protectors. He was very professional and friendly. His name was Rafael.

Description of Work
Put Suntech UV film on three rectangular windows, 5 half circle windows, and 1 full circle window.

04/01/2014

Robert F.

They did a great job. Everything went as planned. I'm happy!

Description of Work
Provider installed window film in dinning room and living room.

12/06/2013

Vineet K.

Excellent work by MGC as we had 3M film installed in our south facing house. From start to finish - estimate to install the team did a great job. I did ding them a bit for initial slow response to me request, but overall very happy with their work. On sunny warm days in Sept/Oct we could already tell the difference as rooms were not as warm. Furthermore, the films protect our furniture

Description of Work
They installed 3M film in our living , Dinning and two upstairs bedrooms.

Category window treatments, security windows

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased to hear you are very satisfied with the superior film that you selected, and the excellent performance of the product.

09/12/2013

Judith S.

Everything went great. They were responsive, and the work was done within 2 weeks of contracting with them. The installer was on time and was done in about 45 minutes. We got the night vision, but you can see through it, and it provides lots of light without all the heat and fading and drying of our leather furniture.

Description of Work
Put a film to on the skylights so cut the heat and ultraviolet rays.

Category window tinting, security windows

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to provide the best possible service and products to our customers.

09/11/2013

Paul K.

Very professional and courteous - did an excellent job - would recommend highly.

Description of Work
Installed film on two door walls and one window.

Category window tinting, security windows

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are so please that you were highly satisfied with the product and installation we provided.

09/07/2013

Ryan T.

We originally had ~$3000.00 of service with the company earlier this year, and had some more windows tinted recently (end of August). Both of our interactions with the company were positive. They were responsive to phone calls, were cordial on the phone and in person, and got the jobs effectively done. We decided to go with the top 3M product, and have been happy with the decision. The clarity in the film (when looking outside), the reduction in glare, and the reduction of heat are all really impressive. The company has this tinting on ~40 windows of different sizes and shapes, and we've had no issues with install (e.g. bubbling). I would make sure you do a check of your windows to see if they have any broken seals before you start your project, as our installer found a few broken window seals and we wanted to get the windows replaced before we got the tinting done (which caused us to postpone a portion of the job). Overall we were satisfied and would recommend the company to others.

Description of Work
Install of 3M tinted glass in home on multiple windows.

Category window tinting, security windows

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased to hear that you are highly satisfied with the excellent 3M product that we installed. We strive to provide excellent service and products to our customers and are happy to have another satisfied customer.

05/28/2013

Charles M.

SCOTT WAS ON TIME, PROFESSIONAL IN ANSWERING ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS AND PROVIDING A QUOTATION TO HAVE A 3M WINDOW FILM INSTALLED ON OUR GREAT ROOM WINDOWS TO PROTECT OUR CARPET AND FURNITURE FROM SUN DAMAGE. WE WERE SO IMPRESSED THAT WE DECIDED TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK. SCOTT SCHEDULED OUR JOB ON THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND SO THAT WE COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A SALES PROMOTION AND DID THE INSTALLATION HIMSELF. HE DID AN EXCELLANT JOB AND WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THE INSTALLION OF THE WINDOW FILM. WE LIKE IT SO WELL WE ARE PLANNING TO HAVE THE FILM APPLIED TO MORE WINDOWS IN OUR HOME.

Description of Work
INSTALLED WINDOW FILM TO PROTECT CARPET AND FURNITURE FROM SUN DAMAGE.

Category window tinting, security windows

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We pledge to wow your with our excellent service and superior products. It gives us great satisfaction to know that the service we provide and the products we install create repeat and life long customers.

05/13/2013

Shobhana J.

I had to call them three times ( over a period of a week) before their sales rep. responded. He came to my house and gave me a verbal "idea" of what the cost would be and promised to send a written estimate. He has yet to send it to me ( after almost 2 weeks) In the mean time , I was able to get the job done from a different company.

Description of Work
none

04/30/2013

Eric M.

They were fine, they did the work on time. They were clean and courteous and showed up on time. They were very good.

Description of Work
We used Michigan Glass Coatings for reflective window shading in the inside of my house.

Category tablepads, window tinting, security windows

09/10/2012

Pamela A.

Salesman Scott was very professional, informative, responsive, and pleasant to work with. He even finalized the deal over the phone while traveling out of town on personal business with his family. He finalized the deal with a price we could all agree on and scheduled the work for the day we requested. The installer was extremely prompt, professional, neat, cleaned up after, and installed the tint so that you cannot even see where it is on the windows. All you see if the tinted window without seeing where the film is or isn't on the glass. We plan to have them do the rest of our windows and would definitely recommend them for anyone else who wants window tinting. What a difference it makes to the both the ascetics of the home and the heat factor coming into the house. We are very pleased we chose Michigan Glass.

Description of Work
Windows in front of house and sun porch tinted with 3M Night Vision 35 window tint.

Category window tinting, security windows

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. Our customer service pledge is to provide you with a wow experience, and are so please that we have done that. From the superior products, and installation we strive to exceed your expectations.

08/22/2012

Alexander K.

AWESOME! It has been +6-years since the Window Film was applied. Still going strong. No wrinkles, no peeling, and still looks just as nice as when we first had the films installed. We clean 2x per year with regular off-the-shelf spray-on Windex type solutions. We hesitated to call them, thinking it would be too expensive. We nearly bought a DIY kit from the construction store. Very happy that we didn't do that! The cost was less than $640 for 8-regular size windows plus 1 massive living room window... half requiring a very tall ladder to reach. These are all of the "common area" windowns in a 2-story home that we did not want to have window coverings on. Huge improvement in living room comfort, the thermostat can actually keep the room hot and cold now... huge improvement in glare, and adds privacy because very hard to see into the home from outside. They showed up on time, clean and professional. I did notice after they had left that the ladder they used scratched the wall paint, but that was 6-years ago before Angie's List was even a website so I can't grade them poorly for that now. We love this film and would recommend this company to anyone looking to have this service done!

Description of Work
Michigan Glass Coatings applied Sun Control Sun Control Window Films to front and back of my house (9-windows).

J & E Installation

A Super Service Award Winner every year since 2009, J & E Installation delivers exceptional quality and dependability to our door and window customers. We only install our products, please come visit us at our showroom or give us a call today. We provide the level of excellence you would expect for a leader in window and door applications, but also the exceptional styles and designs you are looking for. We have been installing doors & windows since 1984. We specialize in all styles of wood and fiberglass doors. J & E Installation also gives you the choice of selecting your glass design. We can also install glass in your existing door or side lites on site. Our prices include free estimates, hardware, taxes, installation, haul away, and always includes a finished look, complete with a paint or stain finish. We do not believe in high pressure sales. In fact, it will always be the owners who personally come into your home. Our experienced and professional team of associates is on hand to help answer any questions you may have. We are sure to find something that will fit both your budget and your style. So, if you’re looking for a top quality company with fair and competitive prices, J & E Installation is the company for you! Award winning. Additional email - ed@jandeinstallation.com.

Offers Coupon

Rock Solid Exteriors

Rock Solid Exteriors provides high quality roofing, siding and all of your exterior needs for homes and businesses. We offer emergency roofing and siding services throughout Michigan and can provide services within 24 hours. We are preferred Owens Corning Contractors. We are Mastic Preferred Contractors. We are certified in Certainteed Special Training Program. Fully licensed and insured roofers in the state of Michigan. Financing is available.

21st Century Windows

21st Century Window is an independent full-service window installation company (We Do Not Do Repairs). We sell and install windows made by Anderson, Marvin, Pella, Sunrise, and more! By being an independent window broker, we have the freedom to use a variety of window products and innovative new designs. The customers needs can be best fulfilled by having a variety of options in regards to manufacturers and pricing. We also work with your finances and set up a three payment plan during the process which allows the homeowner to budget a little easier for their home improvement projects. Depending on distance to estimate or job a trip charge may apply.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Residential, and commercial window film. Solar film for heat reduction, glare reduction, and comfort. Decorative film for areas that you want privacy, or glass art. Security film to protect your home or business from breaking and entering, and severe weather.

We do not offer Automotive window tinting.