Owen Tree Service Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since March 2006

225 N Lake George Rd

Attica, MI 48412

Additional e-mails - residentialinfo@owentree.com, commercialinfo@owentree.com, herbicideinfo@owentree.com. See website for additional service areas....

09/28/2019

Jack R.

I was miss lead on the amount of work it would take to do this job. 4 men and twelve branches the size of a quarter to the size of a silver dollar. $ 525.00 later! Give me a break! I will never use this company again!!!

Description of Work
2 maple trees trimmed

03/13/2017

Sharon G.

I had heard that Owen was a great service, so I went with both jobs on the October 2016 quote. Then the issues started. They sent the Miss Dig folks to the wrong house, so we had to wait until they could reschedule to get Miss Dig back to the correct house. Then they scheduled for a certain day, so I had to take the day off work. On that day, they called me and said the truck had broken. So we rescheduled for another day, and I arranged to leave work. On that day, they called and said they couldn't come out because they were busy finishing "a more important job". So we rescheduled for another day. So, I took more time off work. They called me on that day and said the truck had broken, but they were fixing it and they'd be out. Then they called back and said they wouldn't be out. At this point, I was pretty irritated and asked them how come I kept getting the broken truck, and that this was the third time I had to arrange to leave work. How could one customer wind up with the broken truck excuse twice? They did send a crew out that day (last part of November), and it took them only about an hour and a half to do my job. So the actual tree cutting was fine that day. I had no problem with the tree crew, except someone forgot to put on their work order that the quote said to cut the wood into small pieces. So I was left with chunks of tree that were 3 feet to 8 feet long. I was told that the stump grinder would cut the tree into pieces when he came out to do the stump grinding work. Well, they forgot to put that on his work order too, because it still wasn't done. I didn't think it was fair for me to pay the bill on that job until it was completely done, because the quote was one price for cutting the tree down and cutting it into small pieces. As soon as the stump grinding was done, I paid that bill. Then they sent me two late notices with finance charges because I hadn't paid for the tree cutting! I explained to them that I was still waiting for someone to come out and finish the job. It was finally completed in early February, and I paid the bill right away, and sent my comment card in with the check. I thought for sure after the manager read my comment card, he/she would call me and address the issues of bad service. They did not. Maybe this isn't considered bad service?? It is to me. It was a mild winter--I think this was entirely too long to finish a job that only took several hours. The actual work was fine, but the bad response time and multiple excuses will cause me to use another service in the future.

Description of Work
I needed one dead tree removed from the front yard after a storm. I got their quote in early October 2016. The quote had two prices--one price for cutting down the tree and cutting it into small sections ($610) ; the second price was for grinding the stump ($125).

02/20/2017

Shirley F.

Very well. Only weaknesses were that they were more expensive than I expected and that I was told they would do the job in two weeks, but when it was scheduled, it was much later.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and trunk stabilization

10/14/2016

thomas G.

I called was told someone would call me by friday and I'm still waiting for the call.

Description of Work
tree estimate

Category landscaping, tree service

12/03/2015

PHYLLIS K.

EXCELLENT!! WE WOULD HAVE THIS COMPANY BACK ANYTIME. CALLED AND RECEIVED A RETURN CALL THE FOLLOWING DAY. REPRESENTATIVE CAME OUT TO GIVE US A PRICE. HE WAS VERY COURTEOUS AND FRIENDLY. EXPLAINED THE NATURE OF CUTTING AN OAK TREE AND THE TIME OF YEAR IT SHOULD BE DONE. THREE GENTLEMEN CAME OUT. THEY WERE PUNCTUAL, DID THE JOB AND DID IT WELL. VERY PLEASED ON CLEAN UP AND WERE HERE TO PLEASE US, THE CUSTOMER. THESE MEN WERE VERY FRIENDLY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HAVING OWEN TREE COME TO YOUR HOME. ALL WERE CONCERNED WITH MAKING THE CUSTOMER HAPPY.

Description of Work
TRIMMED BRANCHES EXTENDING OVER GARAGE AND ANY DEAD BRANCHES.

06/23/2015

Richard D.

Owen tree and lawn service came out and gave me a great quote for all of the services needed for my yard. I only used them for the lawn fertilization and tree stump grinding. The tree stump grinding went great. My lawn has never looked better with the lawn fertilization and aeration. I would suggest them to anyone. Their prices were great too.

Description of Work
Tree Stump grinding Lawn Fertilization Lawn Aeration

Category lawn service, tree service

05/19/2015

JOHN H.

Every other year we have been having them inject the roots of the trees. It's not cheap. I think my wife has checked out other possibilities. A friend's son worked for them and we both liked him. We don't have any bugs so it much be working.

Description of Work
We have used and are satisfied with Owen Tree Service. They came out recently, with in the last couple of months, for an estimate for some branch trimming.

04/21/2015

Dennis G.

Did an excellent job. As usual, Dave listens and understands what I would like done. Their crews are very professional. The price was very good. Another top-rated provider quoted about 35% higher price even after pricing in discounts. Pays to get several estimates -- perhaps prices of other top-rate providers are higher because location is out of normal service area?

Description of Work
Heavy cutting, trimming, pruning, and cleanup of entire lot.

03/29/2015

Shelly A.

We called an Owens arborist when we needed expert advice about how best to preserve the mature oak trees on our property. We had a lot of dead branches falling off in storms. Owens met with us to discuss what we were looking for. Then gave us an estimate and time. They showed up when expected and trimmed off the dead wood on our trees to allow the wind to more easily pass through. They cleaned up everything. Our trees are doing better than ever. I have recommended Owens to several of our neighbors and neighborhood association, and I highly recommend them for their professional and knowledgeable staff and services.

Description of Work
Quote for tree and shrub trimming. Trimmed 5 mature oak trees, and several large pines and shrubs.

Category lawn service, tree service

01/03/2015

Barbara V.

It went very well. They were very prompt. They came out, looked at the trees and informed me of what needed to be done. They cleaned up everything when they were finished.

Description of Work
They trimmed three trees.

10/28/2014

Janet L.

They are personable people and call me the day before to confirm the appointment. Their prices are reasonable and they are prompt. If you pay the money up front, they give you a 10% discount. My grass has never looked better.

Description of Work
They put down fertilizator on the lawn.

Category lawn treatment

05/30/2014

Patricia R.

The arborist inspected the tree and told me it was winter damage and the best thing to do is wait and see how it does. I appreciate the fact that he did not try to sell me any feeding/services. Person on the phone was very pleasant and professional. I appreciate the prompt service.

Description of Work
I called on Tuesday about a tree that wasn't doing well. They sent an arborist out this morning.

05/12/2014

Lauren T.

They come out frequently. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I use Owen Tree Service for lawn service.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, tree service

05/07/2014

Mary S.

Didn't use them strictly due to their price.

Description of Work
provide information on the tree I was concerned about. Very professional and knowledgeable but price was to high compared to other vendors. Given al the tree damage in Lake Orion their timing to give quote was reasonable. Would consider using them again.

04/19/2014

Gene M.

Gave us an explanation of what went wrong. Told us Berns landscaper planted trees that were harvested incorrectly (large roots severed) and planted trees together that should not have been (spruce and fir trees should not be planted together as one is the host of an insect that attacks the other).

Description of Work
Evaluated dead trees in our yard.

02/26/2014

David D.

They were very prompt and I am happy with the service so far.

Description of Work
They saved a couple of trees for me. Right now I'm on a regular service to take care of the trees and spray them. They seem to be doing much better.

01/06/2014

Shelly A.

Owen's Tree Service is great. They're not the cheapest place, but they know what they're doing and this is important if you want to maintain older trees for as long as possible. We've hired them twice ourselves and recommended them to several of our surrounding neighbors who have also been happy with their services. We have aging maples on our property in various stages of health. They've thinned out the branches, removed dead portions and trimmed up so that we don't lose huge branches in storms. They are punctual, and do a great job of cleaning up afterward. We hired them for their expertise. I highly recommend them. UPDATE: They recently did work for our Neighborhood Association, and removed several older (rotting) trees in a park area. Again, work was professionally done and to spec.

Description of Work
Trimmed the mature maple trees on our property.

12/13/2013

Terri L.

John was great and very knowledgeable. We have a few trees and some bushes that need to be treated to improve health and root strength. We also have a large maple that has carpenter ant s in the base. He gave me lots of recommendations to help either improve our trees/bushes or to remove in order to prevent possible property damage in the future (i.e. tree removal, tree cabling, etc). At this time we are doing the treatment only due to cost.

Description of Work
Inspected several trees and bushes for possible treatment

09/24/2013

Andy M.

It went Great. Owens does all of our tree service needs. We own 2 rentals and our home all with Trees. When ever we need service we call them. The sales guy Dave Kidd is great, he really knows his stuff.

Description of Work
Cut down Cottonwood trees at one of our rental units in Lapeer MI

07/22/2013

Christine B.

They arrived when they said they would and completed the work as documented, except for grounding down a second stump. I called and told them the second stump was not ground down, and so they subtracted that cost from the total.

Description of Work
Owen Tree Service cut down two dead ash trees, cleared a small amount of brush, and grounded down one stump. Although it wasn't part of the job, they cut off a branch from another tree because I think they saw it was about to fall off.

06/17/2013

Karla F.

Everything went perfect on the day of the service. The only complain I have is that I left a message to schedule the service and it seems that they didn't understand that I wanted to place the order so it took one more week to schedule the service and when it was scheduled they took other 1 and a half weeks to come (I understand the delay was caused by the rain). Then today I was expecting also the trim of a bush and for some reason that I don't know it wasn't performed. So I am calling tomorrow to ask them about it. They are professionals and they advice you very well, the arborist took a lot of his time evaluating my trees and he told me right away what the problem was with them. So, you can trust them, they know what they do. I would summarize excellent knowledge, professional service, they only need to improve the scheduling.

Description of Work
Spray pines and bushes

Category landscaping, tree service

04/04/2013

Dennis G.

I had some unique issues with the trees and the guy spent a lot of time. He came out a couple of times to talk to me about the issue. I decided to go with them, he came out and I thought they did a nice job. He did what I expected which is always not necessarily guaranteed. A lot of people in this area uses them. I used them for a long time.

Description of Work
I used Owen Tree Service Inc for tree trimming.

12/17/2012

George P.

Owen responded quickly to my request for an estimate. Their arrival to do the actual work was a few hours early. We had some last minute discussions about where to drop the large tree and how to handle the wood, but the crew handled the discussions professionally and to my satisfaction. Cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
Owens removed one medium size tree and one small tree and installed 2 support cables on a third tree.

11/12/2012

Dean S.

Very professional crew. Cleaned up the mess. Very pleasant and polite.

Description of Work
Elevated several maple trees, crown-cleaned one maple and a flowering crab tree Elevated 5 spruce trees.

09/16/2012

Christina L K.

I am a little disappointed that I feel I still have to maintain many weeds on my own with my own chemicals and I do feel that by now, the arborist should know of my weed and quot;issuesand quot; and he should know my lawn well enough and have it all figured out but I do have some tough weeds and or ground cover which are unfortunately impossible to get rid of in flower beds that spread out into the lawn. Unless I am going to ground kill everything. I just wish they would pay more attention to those areas (bordering areas where weeds typically start to spread from). We have a and quot;tree of heavenand quot; that sprouts up all over our back yard every year that needs to really be paid lose attention to along with wild ivy, lily of the valley and wild violets - then your typical weeds. However, that said, they never give me grief when I call to let them know even after a treatment that I still have issues with weeds. They are responsive and polite and genuinely seem to care about keeping their customers- hence the reason I have stuck with their services. I've had several lawn companies who are not customer service oriented and tell me I've been unfair in my expectations of weed control (funny considering that is what they've been hired for). NOT Owen Tree Service. They are easy to work with --- and overall, I am happy with their service. I would recommend them to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
I found Owen Tree Service on Service Master and they had a good reputation and grade then. We have been using Owen Tree Service for about 3 years now and they are 100% responsive and professional. Their prices are competitive - we spend approximately $39.00 for each lawn, weed/fertilizer treatment (we choose 5-6 per year) and we did have them aeriate the lawn this past year and I think it was about $62.00 if memory serves.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Custom Lawn Care

Custom Personalized Lawn Care Locations Flint, MI – Headquarters • 5289 N. Genesee Rd , Flint, MI 48506 Saginaw Office • 3691 Fashion Square Blvd. Suite 1, Saginaw, MI 48603  Lansing Office • 4103 Grand Oak Dr. Suite B 102, Lansing, MI 48911 Novi Office • 22793 Heslip Dr., Novi, MI 48375 As a Multi Year Super Service Award Winner, Custom Lawn Care is a local and family owned company that provides customized lawn care programs and additional services within the Flint, Lansing, Saginaw and surrounding areas since 1988. We try to surpass our customer’s expectations with every application, no matter how much we continue to grow. We treat all lawns with exceptional detail and service both residential and commercial properties throughout Mid-Michigan.

JP's Tree Service

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tree services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Elling Tree Farm

You pick the tree, and we'll do the rest. It’s really that simple. We have golf carts that allow you to drive right up to your perfect tree. Leisurely browse our tree nursery of maples, oaks, pines, dogwoods, spruces, and more. Don’t know which tree is best for you? No problem, we can help you with that too. All trees are grown on-site and are Michigan climate resistant. Serving Lapeer, Genesee, Oakland, and Macomb counties.

Residential, municipal and commercial tree care including deep root & lawn fertilization, yard aeration insect and disease control, stump & tree removals, shrub pruning and removal, mole control, lawn aerification, tree planting & mulch installation.

Ask for details.