J & W Enterprises/ Stallion Contracting

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2008

18335 32 Mile Rd

Aramea, MI 48005

2 employees. Uses subs for labor, electrical & plumbing. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Extra charge for after hours service may apply. Additional DBA - Stallion Contracting LLC.

02/05/2016

James W.

I am a rental property owner/manager and my time is very important to me. John wasted quite a bit of my time and didn't even have the decency to call. Very unhappy.

Description of Work
THREE times I made appointments to get quotes and THREE times John failed to show up.

02/13/2014

Maureen L.

They were good. The garage door is working, so I guess it was good. They were on time and they did what they had to do. They cleaned up and then they left.

Description of Work
I have used J & W Enterprises/ Stallion Contracting once. They repaired the garage door.

Category garage doors

01/29/2014

Helen Rose U.

They were on time and it looks good. I would use them again.

Description of Work
J & W Enterprises/ Stallion Contracting remodeled my kitchen.

Category home remodeling

11/07/2013

Lenny D.

It went pretty well. We got estimates from two - three different contractors. John was the most reasonably priced. There was no hard sell, we asked for what we wanted, he provided estimates and never went beyond the estimated cost. He provided ideas and found creative ways to fix things or make things work. He was generally on time and did what he said he would do. When there was a delay or unexpected changes, he promptly communicated the problem. Overall, we were pleased with the job and the cost. John was very responsive to our call and our needs, he was professional, helpful and patient when we made changes or asked for additional work. We would highly recommend John. He was reliable and did what he said he would do.

Description of Work
John updated and remodel a home that had been vacant. New roof, ceramic tile floors and laminate floors throughout the house, painted interior, install sliding glass door and patio, took out bathtub and installed shower, installed cabinets in bathroom, installed half bath, kitchen cabinets and microwave, plumbing, installed toilettes, installed dryer vent, installed screen doors and doors, and other odds and ends

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, wallpaper removal, water heater repair, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

08/15/2013

Louie A.

overall the contractor did not seem as if they wanted to do the work. the guy sent to my home seemed unprofessional and lacked knowledge in privacy fences. he gave a verbal quote on driveway replacement that was twice the cost of companies that specialize in concrete. the guy promised to email me a quote on a new fence and driveway and never did. i told the guy the fence needed to be replaced and he offered suggestions to fix the disaster of the job that was left by another contractor. i am not sure where this contractors area of specialty is but just by looking around on the internet this company has several names it uses to do business and seems to be illegitimate

Description of Work
came out for an estimate

Category interior painters

this member is mistaken they must have called another Angieslist company

06/24/2013

Nancy H.

It was fine. They were on time did what they said. They were kind.

Description of Work
J & W Enterprises/ Stallion Contracting did work for me 6 weeks ago.

Category remodeling

06/04/2013

DIANE B.

They were very courteous, efficient and they have good quality of work.

Description of Work
They put on new siding and replaced the gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding

04/17/2013

Bobbi W.

The first phone call went ok. He was supposed to be here at 9 AM, and at 9:30 AM I called and he said he was on his way to get the materials, showed up at 11:00-11:15 AM with no apologies. The work was good, but I was really unhappy with how late he was. We discussed other work, and he was going to call me with ideas, and I never heard from him again. I felt like he had a bad attitude.

Description of Work
In my dining room and kitchen he replaced the molding along the top and added more in my back hallway.

Category handyman service, woodworking

I did give her my apologies for being late. And I asked her to let me know about the other things she wanted to do . I cant give ideas If I dont know what the project is

01/20/2013

Patrick W.

Things went well from start to finish.

Description of Work
I have a rental home and the tiles in the bathtub area had fallen off leaving a large area bare to the studs. My tenant had not let me know of the problem until I stopped by the house one day. I found John's name and reviews on Angie's list. John came to the house, gave me an estimate, and scheduled the repairs which included replacing the tile wall entirely and replacing some fixtures. He was efficient in working with the tenants to schedule a time to do the repairs, did a fine job and in the time period promised. I would use John again in future situations.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/08/2012

Rick T.

They did a good job with the repairs, and the issue hasn't returned.

Description of Work
They repaired the ice maker on my refrigerator.

Category appliance repair

03/20/2012

Jacquelyn S.

It was a tremendous experience from start to finish. We picked out and purchased bathroom fixtures and tile and John completely took over and "worked magic" in a tiny upstairs bathroom.

Description of Work
John completely renovated an upstairs bathroom from demolition to drywall, tile, electrical, finish carpentry and paint. His work was meticulous and neat. He was a pleasure to work with and we are now enjoying a beautifully renovated bathroom! We will definitely call him again for any future renovation needs.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hauling services, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

03/08/2012

Susan L. C.

Very happy with entire process of having a fireplace remote control installed.

Description of Work
We had been trying to find someone to instally a remote control in our fireplace. Everyone we contacted had rediculous prices and were out to sell us the fanciest system they had. The gentlemen from J & W was SO nice - he ordered just the remote control and installed it and we've been enjoying it ever since. He was terrific and we are so appreciative.

Category fireplaces, interior painters

11/02/2011

Elizabeth D.

My experience with them was very good. They did a wonderful and fine job. I would say that their price was probably competitive for them to come out and do the service. The quality was very good. in fact, we have their sticker just below the garage door opener button.

Description of Work
J & W Enterprises LLC did our garage door opener for us, maybe 4 or 5 months ago.

Category garage doors

09/02/2011

Jeff / Dawn R.

Nothing happened. He is not in business anymore.

Description of Work
I sent a report. He is no longer in business. Phone number disconnected.

Category ceramic tile

There must be a mistake in dialing the phone number my number has always been the same for 15 years and never disconected

08/05/2011

Marjorie S.

He did a great job. He's very busy, but he's as timely as he can be. I looked over his information and its very professional. He cares very much about his job. Pricing was very good. A friend of mine offered to do the job, but couldn't match me on price. He is very professional. His work was very good.

Description of Work
J & W Enterprises LLC does plumbing work for us. He replaced a hot water heater for us.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/29/2011

Cassandra A.

Although we decided against purchasing the home, I would definitely call J and W again for service.

Description of Work
I was considering the purchase of a home and during the home inspection was told the the furnace did not work. I called several businesses but could not get anyone to come out on a Sunday. I called J & W and was told that a weekend appointment could be arranged. We met John at the property on Sunday, he inspected the furnace and gave us several options to have the problem remedied. He quoted the cost of a new furnace (although he did tell us that the furnace was still good for several more years of use), the cost of an inexpensive fix, and the cost of a more energy efficient fix. He also offered to only charge for the part and not installation since we had already paid for the service call. He also said he could make the repair the following day. I felt that John was fair and reasonable with the quotes, he was punctual and accommodating with our appointment, and gave us options instead of pressuring us to buy a furnace which wasn't really necessary. He explained in understandable terms what was the problem was, what caused it, and left it up to us to decide what would be the best solution of those offered. Very professional, very courteous.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/03/2011

Susan L. C.

Fantastic experience, prompt ordering of part, John kept us apprised of anticipated delivery date of part; then called to arrange installation. Very smooth transaction - no problems whatsoever. John Winn is the consumate professional, and we wouldn't hesitate to call him again at any time - would love to have him build us a new home someday!!!!!!

Description of Work
First and foremost, this report is extremely late in coming, which is my fault and in no way indicative of any disappointment of the contractor!! We were interested in having and remote control added to our gas fireplace so that we could turn it on and off, adjust the flame, etc. Both my husband and I are handicapped and this saved us a lot of pain and constant getting up and down. After calling all over, I finally happened upon J & W thru Angie's List. John Winn is the owner and I set an appointment with him to come and take a look at what we needed done. He was promt, courteous and very professional. He was so kind to work with us as we have limited funds due to our disabilities. He quoted us a price, installed, and ordered the part. A few weeks later he came over and installed it and we enjoyed nice warm fires for the holidays!!!! John, thank you so very, very much from both Harvey and I for a job well done and for being such an outstanding professional!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

02/21/2011

Stan & Susan K.

This was a great experience ! I have been an Angies List member for many years and I have used many highly recommended Angies List Contractors for numerous projects. John and his nephew are top notch. They were prompt every day . When they ran into a small snag they worked late in order to meet the agreed upon deadline. John is highly skilled in all of the areas related to a Bathroom remodel. He was efficient and did quality work. I was working on another project in the Condo the entire week this project was going on so I was able to observe first hand the outstanding work that was performed - no shortcuts - good quality work !! I would use them on another project without hesitation . Based on other bids that I received - the cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
J&W did a complete bathroom remodel in a condo in Troy. He started the project on a Monday morning and it was 100 % complete by Saturday at 2 PM. - exactly as promised. He tore out everthing in the bathroom including old tile, bathtub, vanity , toilet , floor and exhaust fan and replaced with a new ceramic tile shower and floor , new shower doors , new plumbing and shower hardware etc. , vanity , toilet and exhaust fan. He also repainted the bathroom . John Winn , the owner of J&W was able to incorporate some nice design elements into the ceramic tile shower at minimal additional cost.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

12/20/2010

Donald B.

Very well. They didn't charge for the roof work or sealing the hole.

Description of Work
Built and installed new back porch railing, repaired flashing on roof and sealed a hole on side of house.

Category decks, woodworking

12/11/2010

Larry S.

poor, nothing but a run around....F

Description of Work
had john give me an estimate with several items that i needed done at my condo, work must be to good for john. all i got is a complete run around. john was giving me prices on building a deck. after he gave the estimate than came back and said it was too low. i told him that the higher price was still o.k. john still was not working to install the deck. i called several times still no deck. nothing but a run around....he would tell me monday, than thursday than it was next week. than at times he would not answer my calls. very poor professionlism. all he would do is pick and work on jobs that paid more money than hold you up, i had it with this type of worker. i would not use this individal to work on any item.....if he did not want the job he should just say so. now that the weather is now so cold how can anybody build a deck. this has been going on since nov.3....over a mo. now...

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

The reason for the delays were not on my end. I had to get aproval from the condo association. This took well over a week then we had to make changes send the changes in for aproval that took more days. After aproval from them we submited plans to the city for aproval. So I was not giving the member the run around but following condo and city rules for permits and could not build the deck without them

09/27/2010

Marjorie S.

He was prompt and did a good job. We would rate him highly and would use him again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
We used J & W Enterprises for some plumbing work in one of our houses.

Category plumbing

06/03/2010

Richard N.

This is the second time I have used J&W and have been very satisified with the service and resonable cost . John goes the extra mile .

Description of Work
Put in a new garage door opener , Removed a very old stove , and gave suggestions on remodeling /repairing my Dad's Condo .

Category garage doors, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, interior painters

02/24/2010

holger J.

I was very pleased with the quality of work and the extra effort to get the job done when I needed the project completed. I would use his company again next time I need work done.

Description of Work
John prept & painted my condo under a tight time deadline. He did a quality job while getting the job completed in the in the time I needed done. This ment working late to meet my required time frame.

12/19/2008

Maria K.

I was very happy with him and his timeliness. He was very good. He was going to do some work in the house and I did not have the materials ready yet. He mentioned that he could get started while I go and get them, and I hesitated. He was sensitive to me not having someone alone in the house and said he could work outside while I was gone instead.

Description of Work
He took care of some small jobs in and out of the house. Including painting and installing a toilet, a clothes line and some lighting. He did many jobs around the house.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, interior painters

01/16/2008

Elizabeth S.

John was a pleasure to work with throughout this expensive project. He listened well and executed all the plans beautifully. He is a perfectionist and it shows in his work here. Everything new in the interior and exterior blends so well that it is not at all obvious that the addition was built. John was a gentleman at all times, was very adaptable, and eager to please us. The people he brought in to work on the project were also very pleasant, polite and talented. John was extremely responsive to our requests, whatever we wanted him to do, he worked hard to make it happen. John was on the site everyday. He was always available and returned our phone calls within minutes. His follow through was 100%. He always gave us good advice about how to solve problems that came up and was conscience of what we wanted. We are 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
John built a second floor addition to my home. He updated the entire house from the basement to the second floor. He also made changes to the exterior - it looks like an entirely new house. The second floor addition was built over our garage and family room and included a large master bedroom suite. The master bedroom suite includes a fireplace, cathedral ceilings, two walk in closets, a bathroom and a closet for the new heating unit. The fireplace is surrounded by flagstone and a built in cabinet for the TV and other electronics and has a slide out shelving unit. The master bath in the suite has a large bath area with a separate toilet room, a linen closet, and another closet with a washer and dryer. John used the best of materials on the project and built everything with precision and beauty. He's widened the space in the hall at the top of the stairs and built a double door entrance to the suite. This entry area also has a large skylight. John reconfigured the heating and air conditioning in our home, adding a second unit for each. The heating and cooling are now consistence throughout the house. He extended the hall area in the front of the house on the first floor and installed wrap around windows. He used mahogany wood trim and reinstalled our older mahogany door. He installed a new wooden garage door which he stained to match all the other mahogany accents. John did work in every room of our house. He added new crown moldings and baseboards throughout, removed wall paper and freshly painted every room. In our new home office upstairs, John removed a closet which provided much needed room in the space. John refinished all of the hardwood floors in the house, installed decorative tile in the new construction, and reconfigured the existing tile, also adding decorative tile, so it's consistent throughout the entire area. John epoxied the floor in the garage and built selves in the basement and garage areas. He added decorative shelves, re-hung pictures and installed new lighting in the addition and put can lights in the kitchen. He installed new wall lights in the home and removed half of our oversized deck outside in the back yard. He refinished the area and built a pergola on the top. On the outside of the house John installed new brick around the entry of the house and also added brick where the deck had been in the back. He installed a new roof , resided and trimmed the entire house with aluminum siding. The addition is 800 square feet.

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, garage doors, handyman service, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, pavers, gravel, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, fireplaces, skylights, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Bricks N Bristles

Bricks and Bristles llc is a 3rd generation masonry/ painting restoration company .Specializing in residential masonry repairs. Bricks n Bristles blend new cutting edge technique with the old tried and proven methods. Here at Bricks and Bristles everything we build from relationships to structures we build with an uncompromising commitment to creativity and passion for excellence

Closets By Design - East Michigan

Since 1982 Closets by Design designs has built a reputation of integrity as the industry leader in building custom closets, garage cabinets, offices, laundries, pantries and much more. With a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware, you will get the customized look you have always imagined. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project and look forward to earning your business. We also offer Financing!

Pisani Contracting

We are a small, family owned company with 4 employees fully licensed and insured. We accept cash, check and credit cards as payment. We can also finance your payments as well. We generally don't accept payment until the job is complete on smaller jobs, on larger jobs however, we can work out a payment schedule based upon the amount of work completed. We pride ourselves on our ability to communicate with our customers to assure their complete satisfaction throughout the entire experience.

Cement, stamped concrete, roofing, kitchens, bathrooms, ceramic tile, remodeling, heating & A/C, electrical, hardwood flooring refinishing & installation, lighting, windows, doors, siding, masonry and wallpaper removal, demolition & additions, plumbing and painting.