BBK Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2019

BBK construction proudly offers a wide range of your home improvement needs. Both major and minor remodeling projects including but not limited to decks, additions, dormers, kitchen/bath remodel, finished basements, and elderly home care renovations. BBK is your one stop shop for all your building needs. Licensed, insured, and with over 40 years combined experience, BBK is prepared to help you improve your home....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+35 more images

4.3

4.4

drywall (11)basement remodeling (8)home remodeling (8)woodworking (6)home builder (5)plumbers (5)electrician (4)decks & porches (3)roofing (1)interior painting (2)

07/02/2022

Clinton B.

Excellent service. They communicated with me throughout each step of the process and completed the job on schedule. I am completely satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Repair/replace rotten wood boards, install vinyl siding on right and left sides and the rear, and paint the front and the trim.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 07/02/2022

01/26/2022

Jeffrey B.

The service is excellent , workmanship and reasonable price.

Description of Work
They made closet to our room.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 01/26/2022

01/07/2022

wayne S.

Everything went well.. they're prompt and clean up themselves after the job. Finishing up the skylight. Really great.

Description of Work
They complete and repair shingle roof

Work Completed On 11/24/2021

12/29/2021

Michele C.

Terrible company. DO NOT use them. BBK did not pay the subcontractors after I paid them. So now HVAC placed a lien on my home. Left with many things either not complete or done sub-par. Made a promises of a turn-key project and not even close. Did not mud and tape before painting so drywall at ceiling cracked. Left a hole under vanity cabinet, did not move a wall as agreed on. Dropped hood and damage my cooktop. Put my dishwasher outside in the rain. HVAC leak under floor. The list goes on. We will have to either complete the work ourselves or try to find a reputable company to finish. So very disappointed in the job done by Frank and Jason. I thought they were better than this. Don't waste your money with them.

Description of Work
Complete remodel - Kitchen, bath, living room, entryway bedroom, dining room

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

The customer provided BBK with a final punch list which was scheduled to be completed upon arrival of some material that needed to be ordered. Upon arrival, the customer did not call or notify BBK in any way,giving us no opportunity to finish our contractual obligations and instead finished the items on the punch list themselves and produced a bill for $20,000 while refusing to pay the hvac company their $16,000. The customer intentionally and willfully broke contract in an effort to avoid making final payments to the hvac company and BBK.

09/21/2021

Greg G.

BBK finished our basement which included adding a new bathroom. We are extremely happy with the end-result. Our basement looks fantastic!

Description of Work
Finished Basement

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

09/10/2021

vikki K.

Excellent. They are on time. They gave suggestions. They are flexible with changes with the projects. They always kept me informed what day and time they will be doing the work.

Description of Work
Family Room Remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

08/27/2021

Don and Kathy H.

Overall it went very well, some delays with supplies due to the virus and weather but other then that we were happy. We explained ahead of the project we would sacrifice time for a well done job. We got it😎

Description of Work
Remodeled our outdated basement with new ceiling, walls, flooring, recessed lighting, and added a bathroom. Also added a Murphy door which was a nice addition, thanks Jason.

Category interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

08/20/2021

Charmaine M.

At first it was great with Frank from BBK construction. He came out on 3/20/21 and told us that he could remodel our bathroom with no problem. He said how his bathroom remodel's have been in magazine's and we would be crazy not to go with them. He stated he could have our job finished by the end of May.....Well it is the end of August and it is still not done. I paid him half up front and then he wanted half at the end. I was like OK, that seems fair. But right after he got done with the tile he said he needed his second payment yet, they were not even close to being finished......This is where I messed up, I paid them like a **** ***. After that it was like pulling teeth to get them out here. He had so many excuses on why they would not be coming out. After the tile went in we went 4 weeks with no one out here. I texted him numerous times and he would say oh sorry we got busy we will be out Friday....almost always Friday and then it would come and go with another excuse. Finally after over four weeks he finally sent out a dry Waller to finish the hot mess they left us. Frank actually left us some sanding paper and told us to do it ourselves......like what the ****. Even his dry Waller said that was so wrong. He said what did he leave you that little piece of sand paper for all of this. He was shocked. Then that dry Waller left and weeks in between again before another visit from a different dry Waller. Finally we could paint. It took weeks after we were finished to get his company to come back out again to put the bathroom together. This time he sent back out the plumber (he was the best person by far) so he could put in the sink and toilet. Now it has been another few weeks since that and again he said he would come out and did not. I even missed two days of work this week because he said he would be out here Tuesday, did not show up and then he said his famous line how about Friday???? Guess what it is Friday 8/20/21 and again a no show. So check out the dates; He bid us on 3/20/21, project started on 4/29/21 and still 8/20/21 not finished......I have all of the texts to prove this if anyone wishes to see them. He knows he did us dirty to. He also took supplies back without telling us that WE paid for a never ever did we receive the money back for them. My husband caught him doing that and he said oh I always do that but I take the money off at the end for you guys. Lies.....Towards the end he kept saying well your house is kinda far out so it just takes awhile to get there.......but when he bid the job that was not at all what he was saying. This man will try to sell you and he is a charmer.....don't buy. See the pictures below. 1. Left spots with no trim 2. Picture of the vent he never put in. Still sitting here so when get mold we will know why. 3.The picture of the sink looks good but it is supposed to have beautiful mosaic tile as a back splash that is still sitting in a box that was super expensive. 4. Missing something.....how about shower door handles??? We bought them why are they not on...who knows. 5. Tile.....yes, but it popped so when you walk on it they move....nice huh 6. Yep big hole left in the floor no vent cover and look at that craftsman cutting job for the tile. There is much more but I have spent to long with this company and to waste anymore time on this guy would be a shame.....we spent $11,700.00 on this job that we will never get back....

Description of Work
Bathroom Remolded

Category decks, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

Review for BBK Construction  - 11327 Kensington St, Allen Park, MI - 39448414

Hello [Member Name Removed], BBK construction strives to provide quality service and professionalism to all its customers, with our work backed by a lifetime warranty.We apologize for the frustration felt with the time it has taken to finish the few last items on your punch list. BBK, like the majority of companies currently, are dealing with a surge of demand and a lack of good reliable laborers. Regardless, we have never lost contact with you or left the job or given any indication that we wouldn’t finish the last items on your project. As we said from the start, BBK will not leave your job until you are satisfied.

02/20/2021

Danny B.

Frank and the Members of the BBK Construction team were very professional in every aspects of my dealing with them. Frank called me and set up an appointment to meet with me and help figure out exactly what I wanted. Then, he charge me a very reasonable price for the job. I told him up front I didn't know anything about the pricing for the type of work being done. For most, this would have been an opportunity to over charge me, but not Frank. As I said before, he was very reasonable. Which goes to his integrity as a businessman. I felt very comfortable and at ease dealing with him and his crew. They were on time, very neat with their work, and long story short, built the most beautiful bar I have ever seen, right in my own basement!! I felt like a kid on Christmas. Excellent work!! I absolutely recommend this company. So much so, I immediately booked him to do some work on my deck when the weather breaks! Thank you Angie's List and BBK Construction.

Description of Work
They built a custom bar for my basement

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

10/18/2020

Matt B.

These guys are quick and responded to all emails and texts. Kept me updated while they finished the job which is so important.

Description of Work
Finished basement

Category drywall, electrician, home builders

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

09/04/2020

JUDY A.

Frank did an amazing job on our basement. We wanted to update a bar area by adding in cabinets and shelving, and we also put in an island/bar in between columns that we had him square out. He also put insulation in our garage and did a great job. We were amazed at how quickly he got the job done and we were blown away by the work he did. He gave us good suggestions and the place looks fabulous now. He was great at communicating and was always prepared. He contacted us with questions and was available immediately any time we needed to contact him. We would recommend him to anyone needing work done on their home.

Description of Work
Basement updates & garage work

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/19/2020

Review for BBK Construction  - 11327 Kensington St, Allen Park, MI - 38851983

08/02/2020

Rita S.

Jason, Frank and crew did an excellent job with all contracted projects. The covid crisis impacted our schedule, but work was performed as quickly as possible. Jason and Frank were easy to work with and their price was reasonable. They answered questions promptly and paid attention to our detailed requests. We had waited 32 years to have the work done and it was worth the wait. Our family and friends are truly impressed with the final product.

Description of Work
Added walkout, cement walkway, patio and new basement window to existing home

Category drywall, home builders, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Review for BBK Construction  - 11327 Kensington St, Allen Park, MI - 38766245

07/20/2020

Shirley R.

Excellent. Frank explained exactly what needed to be done & with his son, Jason and Anthony, the job was done swiftly. Excellent work. Would highly recommend. Honest. Trustworthy

Description of Work
replacement of upper porch supports

Category decks, home builders

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

06/15/2020

John A.

Frank and his team are outstanding problem solvers. Came to our rescue quickly, efficiently and most of all as a trustworthy option. I have already asked them to assist on our next protect and recommend them as a reliable partner.

Description of Work
Repair to damaged area around deck headers and top plate.

Category remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

04/22/2020

Heather R.

This company was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. The prices were fair, the work went quickly, they gave advice and helped with anything I needed. The bathroom looks amazing! It was done in 5 business days. I will be hiring them again in the near future for the master bath and the kitchen.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Review for BBK Construction  - 11327 Kensington St, Allen Park, MI - 38514338

04/13/2020

sam S.

The work went very well. The father and son were very professional and were very helpful anytime I had a question also providing options. They were very open and willing to address and resolve any issues or concerns. One thing I did not realize was how much dust would be created which I kinda of wish they had informed me about and taken steps to address such as bringing coverings. But, even with that, I am very satisfied, and would rate, and recommend this father and son company very highly.

Description of Work
I had old cabinets and counter top removed and new cabinets and counter top installed. I had old floor removed and new floor installed. I had large and small bathrooms minus tub, and shower demolished and new bathroom installed.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

04/07/2020

Nathan M.

We had been looking at doing this project for some time. We had a full basement remodel and a bathroom installed on the 1st floor. So many of our friends had told us horror stories about contractors and remodeling and that we should plan on things taking a long time and costing extra. Clearly our friends didn't deal with these guys. This was one of the smoothest business dealings we've ever done. They set a time period of 3 weeks and they were out of the house in 2 and a half. Everything was done correctly and up to code. This was all completed while the shadow of the coronovirus loomed over, and they never used it as an excuse. The final cost came in a few bucks less than what they quoted, which was the icing on the cake. You can do no better than this father and son team. Even if you don't know what is suppose to happen, if you have a vision they will make sure it comes to fruition.

Description of Work
Basement and Bathroom Remodel

Category drywall, electrician, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

01/29/2020

Jaehee A.

Frank and Jason did an excellent job finishing our basement. They listened to our needs and accommodated many of our requests without nickel and diming us. They were very friendly and reasonable to work with, and they went above and beyond to make us happy. We will definitely think of BBK first on our next project, big or small. Thank you again!!!

Description of Work
finished basement, ready for paint

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

01/25/2020

Antonio G.

Wife had been complaining about space in our main bathroom. Been wanting to close off the hallway closet and explain the bathroom. Heard about BBK through a coworker. He had is basement done by the same company. Couldn’t pass the deal

Description of Work
Bathroom Update

Category drywall, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

01/25/2020

Jessica M.

Jason was very professional and always arrived on schedule. Work was completed on time with great attention paid to detail.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

12/28/2019

Darius G.

I have had to hire people behind these guys and while at first they were great, soon as they started the job is was down hill from there, Before I hired they said they only do one job at a time, but soon as I hired their excuse was that they had picked up another job. Every contractor that I have had check my space out after them have told me the work they had done was very bad, and as time has gone by I am noticing just how inflated the prices was he tried to charge me 1500 for a laminate flooring install but since I demo the floor he charged me 1000, they ripped me off more then they helped me and they became so out of touch and hard to contact, I wouldnt hire them nor would I recommend them

Description of Work
remodel etc

Category home builders

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

11/04/2019

Darius G.

These guys are just a breath of fresh air. Very personable, honest and trust worthy. I was losing hope in my home but now I am so ready and happy. They work hard and fast, very affordable and the quality of service is impeccable, I will be using their services for the rest of my life.

Description of Work
I need miracles

Category drywall, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/04/2019