The English Painters

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2010

The English Painters has been a painting and home improvement business in the Grand Rapids area since 2000. With over 15 years experience, our services provide high quality workmanship with customer service being of utmost importance....

OCD Building & Remodeling Inc.

No one wants a job done twice. Our mission here at OCD is to get the job done Right The First Time! The name does imply some obsession. We primarily focus on Custom Home renovations including full bathroom renovations, kitchens, flooring, trim, basements, and attics. We do offer other projects such as decks, backsplashes, custom wooden fencing, and bedrooms. We do not offer electrical, plumbing, or HVAC services à la carte, but those services can be provided by licensed subcontractors for larger projects. You would like stuff built, we like to build stuff the right way, together we can complete your project(s) correctly. We look forward to being a little OCD about your project(s) on your behalf. Thanks, talk soon.

Keys Tile

Just starting my own business I have the experience and dedication to do fantastic quality work I guarantee your satisfaction, and a great quality job. I have plenty of experience in this industry, and make sure my customers are happy before we leave and say this job is complete. give me a chance and I’ll prove it all thank you Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Rockford Tile Installation

I am an independent tile contractor specializing in walk in custom tiled shower installation.

08/07/2019

Cindy H.

We were very impressed! The bathroom required some caulking above the shower and some wall repair due to water splashing from the shower. The master bath cabinets were not in great shape due to a previous paint job done by me with the wrong kind of paint. They removed the vanity doors and took them off site to sand and paint. Mat did such a beautiful job, They look like brand new. Everything was done perfectly. Mat and his employees were very professional. They were punctual, and Mat called or texted to keep us in the loop about any change in arrival time. We really appreciated that. He also was very flexible and helpful about working with our schedule, as we had guests coming from out of town. When we need additional painting done in the future, we will contact Mat.

Description of Work
We needed painting done in a bedroom, bathroom and vanity cabinets in the master bath

05/06/2019

Bruce H.

He emailed me 2 times ,the first time he wanted to know room size ,second time he wanted to know if he was painting the walls.I emailed him told him to call me, i left him 2 phone numbers to call or if he wanted to leave me his number and i could call him and explain what i needed done.Have not heard back from company,what a wast of time.

Description of Work
I have been trying to get a price on having my bath room painted

Category interior painters

You could have just answered my question on the website [Member Name Removed]. It is the reason it is there, and the reason I asked the question. This is a ridiculously busy time, as well as doing all the estimating, I actually work , painting, six, sometimes seven days each week. I apologize for wasting your time. Good luck with your project.

02/12/2019

Pamela H.

Excellent work! Very professional crew, neat and detail-oriented. Beautiful job with minor drywall repairs and getting a neat line over old dark paint at the textured ceiling. Great value for the money. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Interior painting

06/06/2018

Anne T.

English Painters did an excellent job. They were very professional and friendly. Their quote was by far the lowest of the three quotes I got.

Description of Work
We had our basement finished and English Painters primed and painted the new walls, trim and doors.

08/14/2017

Douglas S.

They picked them up on a Thursday and delivered them the following Monday. I plan on having them paint 6 additional doors in the near future.

Description of Work
I had 9 interior doors painted. This project consisted of taking the doors to their shop and preping them, repairing any blemishes and priming and finish painting. This included pick up and delivery of the completed doors.

07/19/2017

Tracy R.

The English painters painted the entire inside of my new home. This included four bedrooms, a finished basement, kitchen family room living room and several bathrooms and closets. They did a fantastic job and I would definitely recommend them. They were prompt, courteous, professional, friendly, and flexible! They went above and beyond to make sure the rooms looked great.

Description of Work
Interior house painting for the entire house. Also trim paint on the exterior of the house.

Category house painters,interior painters

06/07/2017

David S.

These guys are easy to recommend. First they were prompt and met the schedule they promised. Second they were neat - not a drop of paint anywhere. They were careful around shrubs and foundation plants - nothing was damaged. They were fast - 3 days total. The siding looks brand new! We've received several compliments on the work. I would have no issue with providing a personal recommendation.

Description of Work
The English Painter painted 3 sides of the exterior of our house (one side has new siding).

Category house painters,interior painters

05/23/2017

David S.

These guys are great. The work was first rate, the job was completed in less time then I expected and Matt was very punctual. Not a drop of paint anywhere it wasn't supposed to be. I'd readily use Matt again and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Category house painters

10/06/2016

Daniel F.

Great. They were very responsive. I was NEVER waiting on the painters. They even came back and painted the Baseboards after the floors were completed. The price was fair for the work.

Description of Work
I had a entire rental house painted.

11/11/2015

James D.

Mat and team were fantastic and I have already recommended them to a friend. We were in process of downsizing from one home to another and a window of opportunity opened to have a painter come into the home while it was vacant after close and before the move. Due to some complications, we did the search for a painter later than ideal and as I went down the List for highly rated painters, most were scheduled out too far. Mat was too, but offered to accommodate us on a weekend that fit our tight window so we booked the date. Unfortunately, our close was delayed and we could not paint that weekend and when I advised Mat, thinking I would be out of luck for a couple months, he made the offer to do it the following weekend. Despite the change from a vacant home to one full of furniture and boxes from a downsize move, Mat and team were able to do substantial prep (he correctly stated that the walls looked like a heard of Wildebeest came through; they were left in rough shape by prior owner), Mat and his team of pros worked a ton of hours over a Friday and Saturday to get the job done to perfection. I offered to have him raise the estimate due to need to move furniture and he was very reasonable in that regard and his work was worth every penny! I can be tough to please on things like this and I am used to being a bit underwhelmed so trust me when I say kudos to Mat and team and I would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Prepped and painted interior walls for several rooms

The English Painters

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2010

3970 Dursum Ave

Ada, MI 49301

Drywall repairs, wallpaper stripping, interior & exterior painting, spray finishing of cabinets & furniture.

We are no longer able to offer exterior painting services on homes prior to 1978 due to the Michigan lead law.